We all know that hypertension is a dangerous disease. It can lead to strokes, heart attack, and kidney failure. In general, the blood pressure is about 140/ 90 mm Hg. It is considered having hypertension when the index of the blood pressure is above 140/ 90 mm Hg. The common factors causing hypertension are obesity, the genetic factor, high salt intake, stress, excessive drink, lack of exercise, birth control pills and so on. As usual, we use medicine to control the hypertension. However, we can also use the home remedies to treat hypertension.
Are you suffering from a hypertension? Do you want to treat it by using natural remedies instead of medicine? If “yes”, please continue reading this article on our page AllRemedies.com which will present to you 19 best natural home remedies for high blood pressure control that you can follow easily to get rid of your problem at home.
19 Best Natural Home Remedies For High Blood Pressure Control
These are 19 natural home remedies for high blood pressure which you can do to get rid of hypertension:
Lemons are the first remedy in the list of the effective home remedies for high blood pressure. Lemons can keep the blood vessels pliable and soft by removing the rigidity. Also, vitamin C in lemons is known as an antioxidant which can help to lower your chance of the heart failure. So, you should follow this remedy if you want to get rid of the hypertension:
- Cut a lemon into 2 halves
- Squeeze the juice from a half in a glass of water which is warm
- Mix well
- Drink it every morning
You should drink it when there’s nothing on your stomach. And pay attention: you do not add salt or sugar into it if you want to get the best result.
2. Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon not only contains essential nutrients, its seed is also used for treating health problems.
Watermelon seed is listed in the list of the best treatments for lowering hypertension. These seeds include cucurbocitrin which can widen the blood capillaries and improve the kidney functioning. And, here are the detailed instructions you can follow:
Let’s do the first method:
- Take dried watermelon seeds and poppy seeds in the same equal
- Grind them together
- Take a teaspoon of the combination every morning on the empty stomach
Let’s do the second method:
- Crush the dried watermelon seeds
- Add 2 teaspoons of crushed seeds into a cup of boiling water
- Strain the mixture after steeping in about one hour
- Take 4 teaspoons of the mixture regularly throughout the day
In the list of home remedies for high blood pressure, garlic can be listed too. As you know, garlic is very useful. It can reduce the cholesterol levels and control the hypertension. In addition, it can stimulate the production of the hydrogen sulfide and nitric oxide.
To get rid of the hypertension, you are able to follow this method:
- Crush the garlic cloves in order to take the garlic juice
- Mix five or six of the garlic juice with 4 teaspoons of water well
- Take the mixture twice a day
- Do this every day until your index of the blood pressure is normal
Besides, you can eat one or two garlic cloves which are crushed every day. If you don’t like eating the raw garlic, you can take it with one cup of milk
Why is banana concerned as one of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure? Because banana is a great source of potassium that can lessen the effect of sodium
In order to treat hypertensione, you just need to eat one or two bananas every day. That is very simple way, right?
Along with banana, you ought to try baked sweet potatoes, currants, winter squash, spinach, zucchini, raisins, dried apricots and cantaloupe.
The next remedy which is mentioned in the list of the useful home remedies for high blood pressure is celery. It is rich in the phytochemical 3-N-butylphthalide. And the phthalides can help the muscles in or around the arterial walls to relax. Consequently, it can create more space as well as allow the blood to flow in easily. At the same time, it also helps to reduce the stress hormones which constrict blood vessels. With all the reasons above, it is the effective method to treat the hypertension.
However, to cure the hypertension by using celery, you just need to:
- Eat a stalk of celery
- Drink a glass of water
- Do this once every day
Pay attention: If you like, you can chew celery all day.
6. Coconut Water
You often use coconut water as a soft drink. And now you can be aware of the usefulness of coconut water. Coconut water is rich in vitamin C, potassium and magnesium which can reduce the hypertension. That’s why it is one of the effective home remedies for high blood pressure control.
To get rid of hypertension, you just need to drink 8 or 10 glass of coconut water day by day. And, you should drink it in the morning and in the evening. It also helps your body well hydrated.
Besides, you also use the coconut oil when you cook meal too.
7. Cayenne Pepper
When eating cayenne pepper, you will reduce hypertension if you are mild hypertension which can smooth blood flow by stopping platelets from accumulating in the blood and clumping together. For this reason, cayenne pepper is considered as one of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure.
In order to cure hypertension, you just need to follow the simple methods below:
- This is the first method you can follow. Make a salad which you like. Then, add some cayenne pepper to it.
- Besides, you also add the cayenne pepper to the soup.
Applying the methods which you choose at least thrice a week will help you reduce the hypertension. However, the cayenne pepper is spicy. Thus, when applying cayenne pepper, you just need to add the suitable amount of it depending on how spicy you can eat.
8. Onion Juice
One of the natural and effective home remedies for high blood pressure is onion juice. Because of the presence of quercetin which is an antioxidant flavonol, onion in general and onion juice, in particular, can lower hypertension. And, you have two instructions when applying onion or onion juice.
- The first instruction is to take a half of a teaspoon onion juice and a half of a teaspoon honey. Then mix everything well together. Now take it twice per day. You should continue doing this for one or two weeks
- The second instruction is much easier. You just need a medium – sized onion. And then, try to eat the onion every day. It will help you prevent hypertension.
In the list of the natural home remedies for high blood pressure, honey should be mentioned too. Honey can help to reduce the pressure from the heart. And, thanks to the calming effect on blood vessels, it can help to reduce the hypertension. Thus, you can follow one of these methods to get rid of hypertension.
- You can eat 2 teaspoons of honey in the morning when your stomach is empty.
- You also mix a teaspoon of ginger juice, a teaspoon of honey with 2 teaspoons of the cumin seed powder well together. And then, take it twice a day.
- Besides, you can mix honey and basil juice in the same equal. Then take it every day when there is nothing on your stomach.
Whatever you choose to follow, you ought to do it until your blood pressure is lowered.
10. Fenugreek Seeds
Why are fenugreek seeds listed as one of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure? The reason is very simple. Fenugreek seeds contain a lot of potassium along with the dietary fiber content which can help to reduce hypertension. Then, this is the detailed direction you can carry out:
- First, boil 1 or 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds with water in 10 minutes
- Then, strain it
- Next, blend the boiled seeds in order to make the paste
- Finally, eat the paste twice per day, once in the morning when there is nothing on your stomach and once in the evening
- In order to lower your blood pressure, you had better follow this remedy for 2 or 3 months
Hibiscus is one of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure. It can work as a diuretic so it can decrease the pressure on the arterial cells. Even it can work as the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors which can relax the blood vessels. Consequently, it helps reduce the hypertension. So as to make this remedy, what you need are as below:
- One or two teaspoons of dried hibiscus
- A cup of hot water
- One or two cinnamon sticks or lemon or honey (they are optional)
Here is the detailed direction:
- Now, add the dried hibiscus and the cinnamon sticks (if you want to use it) into the hot water.
- Then, let it steep for about 5 minutes
- Add honey or lemon into it
- Drink it twice or thrice a day and try to drink every day
- Add some ices when it is in summer
- Drink it until the blood pressure level is lowered
Another remedy in the list of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure is ginger. And when we make a combination among ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom, they can help to reduce hypertension. Thus, here are the things you should prepare well:
- A half of a cup of water
- Two or three teaspoons of honey
- A teaspoon of the cardamom pods
- A half of teaspoon ginger powder or two teaspoons of minced fresh ginger
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- One and a half of tablespoons black tea or a tea bag of black tea
- A half cup of milk
- Mortar and pestle
Now, let’s do this remedy:
- First, blend the cardamom pods to take the oil
- Then put everything except honey into the saucepan
- Mix them well
- Next, boil the mixture and then simmer for about 6 to 9 minutes till the you see a rich caramel brown colour
- After that stir the honey
- Finally, strain into a mug
- Drink it once or twice day by day
Do this remedy until your blood pressure level is decreased.
13. Blueberry Syrup
When talking about home remedies for high blood pressure, blueberry syrup is one of them. Blueberries are very rich in flavonoid quercetin which can help to decrease the blood pressure level. In order to implement this remedy, you had better prepare these ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of the dried blueberries and 4 tablespoons of the elderberries (or you can use 8 tablespoons of the dried blueberries)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of honey
- A strainer, a pot and a glass jar with airtight lid
Now, you can follow this detailed recipe here:
- Now firstly, add dried blueberries to water and then simmer until the liquid just has a half
- Next, strain the liquid to take the solids out and press them on in order to take the extra juice
- Then, pour the liquid back into the saucepan meanwhile add some honey
- Stir and warm the mixture well
- If you want to make a thick syrup, heat the mixture over medium – high heat about 20 minutes. But if you want to make a thin syrup, just skip this step.
- Finally, after mixing, bottling, labeling, just restore in the fridge for up to a month. And take a tablespoon twice per day and do this every day.
14. Cat’s Claw
Cat’s claw has been used to treat hypertension for a long time. So, we are not strange why it is considered as one of the natural home remedies for hypertension. This herb brings a lot of benefits including the hypertension treatment. Because it can dilate the blood vessels which allow blood to flow more readily. However, when using this herb, you need to remember 2 things. The first thing is that there are many plants which are known as cat’s claw so you have to remember its scientific name that is “Uncaria tomentose”. The second thing is that cat’s claw shouldn’t be used by the pregnant women.
In order to use this remedy, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- One or two teaspoons of the dried cats claw
- One and a half or two cups of cold water
- Lemon or honey.
Now let’s do this remedy:
- First, put the herb and water in a saucepan over the low heat
- Second, simmer
- Next, cover and then allow it to simmer for about 40 or 45 minutes
- Add more or less water. It depends on how you want your tea to be
- Add honey or lemon after straining
- Drink this tea once a day and keep drinking day by day
- Do this often so you will reduce your blood pressure.
One of the best home remedies for high blood pressure is hawthorn too. It has several benefits which include improving the function of the regulate glucose metabolism, so it can help to reduce hypertension. And to implement this remedy, what you need to prepare are:
- Four tablespoons of the hawthorn powder
- One tablespoon of the cinnamon powder
- Cocoa or carob powder
Now, let’s carry out this home remedy:
- First, put the hawthorn powder and cinnamon powder into a bowl and mix them well
- Second, add honey along with water into the mixture in order to make the paste
- Then, make the paste thicker with the carob powder or cocoa powder and roll it into the small balls
- Next, dry it in the oven at about 150oF after putting them on the cookie sheet
- Finally, store it in a glass jar and put it in the cool place. You can take it many times a day. Continue doing this until your blood pressure level is lowered down as normal.
16. Indian Gooseberries
While talking about the natural and effective home remedies for high blood pressure, Indian gooseberries are one of them. The gooseberries can keep the blood pressure under control. And in order to carry out this remedy, you need to prepare these things well:
- 4 or 5 Indian gooseberries
- A sieve
Here is the detailed instruction you can follow:
- Firstly, crush the Indian gooseberries into the paste
- Secondly, place the paste on the sieve
- Then, press it in order to extract the extra juice
- Next, take 2 teaspoons of the Indian gooseberries juice
- After that, add 1 teaspoon of honey to it
- Mix everything well
- Finally, drink it every day in the morning.
- Keep doing this until the hypertension is reduced
17. Poppy Seeds
Poppy seeds are listed as one of the effective and natural home remedies for high blood pressure. And if you choose this remedy to reduce hypertension, what you should do are mentioned as below:
- Put the melon seeds and poppy seeds into a glass jar
- Mix everything well together
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and mix with the water. You can eat it in the morning and evening.
- And do this every day if you want to get rid of hypertension
- However, the rest of the mixture should be put in the cool place.
18. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is also one of the natural and useful home remedies for high blood pressure. If you choose this remedy to implement, you ought to prepare these things as below:
- 2 leaves of the Indian lilac
- 4 leaves of the basil
And you should follow these steps as following:
- Take the basil leaves along with the Indian lilac leaves
- Add the water into them
- Grind them
- Eat the mixture in the morning when your stomach is empty
- Then drink a glass of water
- Do this remedy regularly. It will help to cure hypertension.
Almonds are used as one of the natural home remedies for high blood pressure control, too. They can help to reduce arterial inflammatory, ultimately lower blood pressure levels and lower blood cholesterol levels. And you have to follow these steps so as to perform this remedy:
- Now, soak the almonds overnight
- Then, in the next morning, make the fine paste
- Add the paste which is prepared before into a glass of warm milk
- Drink the almonds milk before go to bed every day in order to reduce hypertension
Besides, you can eat the handful raw almonds every day to reduce hypertension.
And to prevent hypertension, you also do these things as following too:
- Take exercises or yoga regularly every day and may be for about 30 to 60 minutes
- Eat the healthy diet. That means to eat more vegetables, fruits, foods high in calcium, magnesium, potassium and low – fat dairy foods. Also eat fewer sweets or red meat.
- Use the supplements which can get rid of hypertension, for example, coenzyme Q10, omega – 3 fatty acids and amino acids
- Optimize the vitamin D levels
- Reduce the sodium in your diet
- Limit or stay away from the alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Stay away from stress
- Avoid caffeine drinks for example coffee
- Keep a healthy weight
- Take medical checkup every month to check your cholesterol level in the blood and the blood pressure level
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of 19 best natural solutions for controlling hypertension, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your hypertension easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any home remedy for lowering hypertension. If you have any question, or you know other at home treatments for reducing hypertension, please leave them below.