Are you tired of suffering from symptoms caused by bloated stomach? Do you want to know how to cure bloated stomach condition fast within days? If you are looking for the best solution to get rid of bloated stomach & symptoms associated with it, then you should read this writing. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you top 31 home remedies for bloated stomach after eating without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of the bloated stomach problem from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 31 at home remedies for bloated stomach in more detail!
- 43 Foods That Cause Bloating And Swelling In The Stomach / 27 Home Remedies for Acidity and Gas Pain in Stomach
Top Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach
1. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are one of best home remedies for bloated stomach due to their carminative, diuretic, anti-microbial and pain-reducing properties. For best results, you can use them as follows.
- Chew on some seeds of fennel after eating a big meal.
- Add fennel seeds (one teaspoon) to one cup of hot water. Then cover and keep it to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain it. It is suggested to consume this tea at least two times a day.
2. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Peppermint
Peppermint oil is also another effective home remedy for bloated stomach after eating. Especially, it also helps food pass through the stomach and calms flatulence quickly.
For positive effects, you can use it as follows.
- The first option is to chew on fresh leaves of peppermint for relief from bloating.
- Another choice is to steep a peppermint tea bag in hot water for about ten minutes. It is recommended to enjoy two to three cups of the tea per day.
3. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach Using Ginger
Ginger is an excellent herb for reducing gas and bloating. Plus, it contains gingerols and shogaols ingredients that help relax the intestinal muscles and decrease inflammation in the intestines. You can use ginger as following ways.
- Place ginger (5 to 6 thin slices) in one cup of boiling water. Cover the cup and let it steep for about 10 minutes. Add a little honey and lemon juice to it and then drink it up to three times a day.
- Another option is to eat fresh grated ginger (one teaspoon) before meals. Simply, you can also grate the root of ginger and then sprinkle it on your food. Adults can opt to take powdered ginger root (0.25 to 1 g) daily.
Learn more: 27 Health Benefits of Ginger
4. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is also another effective home remedy for bloated stomach. This herbal tea contains anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help with heartburn as well as soothe the stomach. For instant results, you can make this tea as follows.
- Soak one chamomile tea bag in one cup of boiling water. Cover and then allow it steep for ten minutes.
- Squeeze out the tea bag and next to add some honey or lemon juice as desired.
- Sip the tea slowly. You had better drink this tea about three times per day between meals.
5. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Caraway Seeds
Caraway seeds are also one of great home remedies for bloated stomach due to antimicrobial, anti-spasmodic and carminative properties. Carvol and carvene chemicals of caraway seeds help promote expulsion of gas and soothe the smooth muscle tissues of the digestive tract. For quick results, you can chew a pinch of this seeds some times throughout the day. Or, you can make a tea by brewing brew crushed caraway seeds.
In order to search other home remedies for bloated stomach, please keep reading this article.
6. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach Using Pumpkin
Pumpkin contains vitamin A, fiber and potassium that help in digestion. Therefore, it is very good for treating bloated stomach. You can add pumpkin (one cup) to your meals to help reduce gas and create a smooth digestive flow. You can broil, steam or bake it, or add it in your diet meal.
7. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Anise Seeds
Anise seeds are one of another effective home remedies for bloated stomach. Especially, they help relax your digestive tract due to anti-spasmodic properties. Plus, they also help reduce bloating and expel the gas build up in your intestinal tract due to their antimicrobial and carminative properties. For beneficial effects, you can use them as follows.
- Take anise seeds (a teaspoon) and chew them thoroughly.
- Or you use this anise in your recipes.
Intake of this seeds will help a lot in treating the gas problems and bloating.
8. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach – Dandelion
Dandelion is also one of great home remedies for bloated stomach thanks to its natural diuretic and laxative. Especially, it is very effective in relieving from bloating and gas. For best effects, you can use it as follows.
- Take dried dandelion leaves (a teaspoon)
- Mix it in one cup of boiling water
- Steep it for about 3 – 5 minutes and then stir it well
- Strain the tea and next to add honey or lemon as per your preference
You had better take the mixture regularly in order to control this bloating and gas problems.
9. Warm Lemon Water
Lemon contains a good amount of vitamin B, C, riboflavin, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, proteins, etc. Therefore, it is very helpful in treating bloated stomach after eating. To obtain desirable results, you should use it as follows.
- Take a fresh lemon and then cut it into three slices
- Squeeze this lemon juice in one glass of warm water
- Stir it well
It is recommended to drink this mixture with your empty stomach in the morning. You should regularly consume this warm lemon water to remove the problem very soon.
10. Bergamot Essential Oil
This remedy is also good for preventing bloated stomach. You can use it as follows.
- Pour bergamot oil (4-5 drops) on your palm. Then gently rub it on your tummy. It will help you remove abdominal discomfort.
- Alternatively, boil the water and then add dried leaves of black tea (1 teaspoon or 1 black tea bag). Steep it for at least 5 minutes. Now mix bergamot oil (1-2 drops) to it and allow it to steep for about 2-3 minutes. You can add honey and then consume.
11. Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is also considered as one of excellent home remedies for bloated stomach due to its porous properties. Activated charcoal is available in capsule, tablet and powder form. You should consult your doctor in order to get advice about suitable dosage.
12. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach With Bananas
Bananas can help reduce gas and bloating associated with constipation thanks to its good source of fiber. Bananas also contain a mineral, potassium that gives relief from bloating and helps regulate fluid levels in your body. For best results, you had better eat bananas regularly to eliminate bloating. Simply you can add them to baked desserts and fruit salads or eat them as a snack.
13. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Massage
Massaging your intestine and stomach will make you to expel it faster and help to get rid of the gas through the system and release the gas to get relief from bloating. You can massage as following steps.
- First step is to lie down on your back and then stretch your body
- Use your hands to rub your stomach in circular motions.
- Continue massaging your intestines and stomach as long as you feel comfortable and gas passes out and bloating go down for about 15 minutes.
14. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Exercise
Exercise is also one of the effective ways in order to prevent the bloating quickly. Especially, exercise can help the gas to quickly pass through your system. For instant results, you can go jogging, swimming or a simple bike ride at half an hour every day. This will help to expel the gas and make your body move for longer time to get stomach bloat to come down. Exercising daily will help you not to meet the problem of bloated stomach again.
15. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Probiotics
Using probiotics regularly can help create a healthy environment. It will help in reducing the painful gas or bloating. It is suggested to eat one cup of yogurt daily and also other fermented foods such as kefir or sauerkraut, etc.
16. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Baking Soda
Baking soda is also helpful in curing bloated stomach. You can stir baking soda (1 teaspoon) in one glass of water. Dissolve it properly and then drink. Another option is to add baking soda to a lemon juice until the fizz stops. Next to, dissolve it in one cup of water. Lastly drink it slowly.
17. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Carom Seeds
List of home remedies for bloated stomach also consists of carom seeds. For optimal results, you need to take a few carom seeds and then mix this seeds with black salt. Afterwards, you add this mixture in some lukewarm. It is suggested to drink this solution at least two times per day in order to eliminate bloating.
18. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach Using Fennel Oil
Fennel oil is also one of the effective home remedies for bloated stomach. You need to rub some fennel oil on your stomach and then massage the stomach for at least 15 minutes. This will help you remove the harmful gases from your stomach caused bloating.
19. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Clove Oil
This treatment is also one of best home remedies for bloated stomach. For best results, you need to add clove oil (a few drops) in one glass of water and then drink it at least two times a day.
20. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Aloe Vera
One of the best home remedies for bloated stomach effectively and quickly is using aloe vera. This herb helps release of digestive enzymes in your stomach and stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid.
There are various other effective home remedies for bloated stomach presented in this writing, so continue reading!
21. Home Remedies for Bloated Stomach – Castor Oil
Castor oil is a great home remedy for some kinds of stomach ailments such as bloating and gas. The thing you need to do is to swallow castor oil (a teaspoon) whenever the stomach feels bloated.
See more: 46 Benefits of Castor Oil for Health
22. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach With Cinnamon
Another remedy that carries instant relief from the problem of bloating and gas is using cinnamon. You need to boil a cup of soy milk and then add cinnamon powder (½ teaspoon) and honey (1 tablespoon). Slowly consume this hot milk. Another option is to add cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon) or 1 cinnamon stick to one cup of boiling water. Steep it for at least three minutes. Let it cool down. You can add honey for taste. It is recommended to consume this solution about 2-3 times per day. It’s a natural remedy to remove bloating.
Learn more: 32 Benefits of Cinnamon Oil, Tea
Asafetida is also used as one of the best home remedies for bloated stomach. To see good effects, you should make a paste by mixing asafetida to a few drops of water. Then apply the paste on your belly. Allow it for about 10-15 minutes. You will obtain relief from the problem of gas very soon.
24. Black Salt
This one is also a popular cure for bloated stomach. You need to mix five grams each of dried ginger powder, asafetida, black salt and cardamom powder. Afterwards, you take this mixture (one-half teaspoon) for fast respite from symptoms linked to bloating. Another method is to stir black salt (1 teaspoon) in one glass of hot water. Then add lime juice (1 teaspoon) and a handful of asafetida to it. Consume this solution three times every day. This will help decrease the heaviness of stomach problem.
25. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach – Triphala
Triphala can help cure the entire digestive tract. The thing you need to do is take warm water (½ cup) and then mix honey (1 teaspoon) and triphala (½ teaspoon) in it. Enjoy it at bedtime.
26. Bay Leaves
To use this remedy for treating bloated stomach, you boil a few bay leaves in water. Keep it for about 5 minutes and next to strain. Drink the solution in one go. You should avoid lying down for more than 30 minutes after drinking this liquid. Stay in upright position.
27. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach – Slippery Elm
The bark of slippery elm is also considered as a good remedy for bloated stomach. Slippery elm tea also acts as a defense against stomach bloating.
28. Herbal Infusion
You can take one teaspoon of yellow dock, burdock, dried lemon balm, chamomile and dandelion root or leaf. Then add them to the hot water and next to cover with a lid. Leave them steep in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Let the liquid cools down. You can add honey or turbinado sugar for taste. Consume about 1-3 cups of this solution every day at least two weeks to cure pre-menstrual bloating.
29. Betel Leaf
After every meal, it is recommended to eat a betel leaf. You place a clove in the leaf and then fold it. Afterwards, you chew it slowly in order to extract its juice. This leaf expels out the intestinal gases as well as triggers the production of digestive juices.
30. Marshmallow Root
The mixture of pepsin and marshmallow is very effective for alleviating digestion problems including flatulence, stomach pain, abdominal infections, intestinal inflammation and bloating. It aids proper digestion as well as regulates metabolism.
31. Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach – Cardamom
This cure is also one of excellent home remedies for bloated stomach. For instant results, you had better drink about 5 pods of cardamom after each meal in order to get rid of bloating. You can also consume some lemon water with the pods of cardamoms for better effects.
If you want to know more about natural, at-home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 31 home remedies for bloated stomach after eating, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of your bloated stomach condition quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for bloated stomach, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.