Scientists claim that more than 50 percent of adults have trouble with bad breath or halitosis. This is an awful problem and causes many disadvantages in daily life and struggles in working. People with halitosis are often not very confident in communication; for example, at a job interview or in a conversation with other people. While causing many negative effects, bad breath is really difficult to treat by medicine in a short time. Therefore, instead of using medicine, you should try some special methods on how to use cinnamon for bad breath treatment on our AllRemedies site. However, firstly we should know more about the reasons for this issue and why cinnamon is good for people with halitosis.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Bad breath is caused by many reasons, in which bacteria are considered the most important one. There are many types of bacteria existing in your mouth. And in your mouth’s warm condition, they grow very fast and cause bad breath.
In addition, food such as garlic, onions, or coffee also causes halitosis. People who smoke have a higher risk of bad breath. Tobacco also affects people’s sense of taste and smell, and as a result, people do not aware of their halitosis.
Why Does Cinnamon Help To Treat Bad Breath?
Cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde , which is the most powerful enemy of oral bacteria . That is the reason why cinnamon is called breath sweetener. A study of College of Dentistry, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA demonstrated that chewing cinnamon for about 20 minutes can reduce 50 percent of bacteria in your mouth.
Cinnamon is even better than mint because mint can only reduce the bad breath temporarily. Moreover, in 2007, the International Journal of Food Science and Technology points out that cinnamon of 1 percent concentration is much more powerful than mint of 3 percent concentration.
Top 9 Easy & Effective Tips On How To Use Cinnamon For Bad Breath Treatment
Cinnamon can be used in many different ways to treat many problems related to oral health, including halitosis. It is very easy to process cinnamon to be an effective cure for this condition. Here are some very useful remedies with cinnamon that you can use at home.
1. Drink Cinnamon Tea
By this way, you only need cinnamon powder (or few piece of cinnamon) and boiled water
- Firstly, add some piece of cinnamon a small amount of cinnamon powder (often a teaspoon only) into boiled water.
- Secondly, stir the cup of water and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, enjoy cinnamon tea when it is still warm.
Remember that you can use cinnamon tea two or three times per day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
2. Ginger & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
Ginger is also a good cure for this problem because it contains active constituent which can kill the bacteria in your mouth. To have a cup of cinnamon tea with ginger, you have to prepare:
- A few slices of ginger
- Cinnamon powder or a few pieces of cinnamon
- Boiling water
- Firstly, you have to make a cup of cinnamon tea as the direction above
- While the water is still hot, add some slices of ginger and wait for about 5 minutes
- Finally, drink the tea when it is warm enough
See more: Top 27 Health Benefits of Ginger
3. Clove & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
Clove contains a substance which can fight off bacteria in your mouth. It is very easy to prepare a cup of this drink:
- First, prepare a cup of cinnamon tea as the direction above
- Add a teaspoon of clove into the cup, wait for about 10 minutes and then enjoy it gradually.
Note: You can use this drink twice per day to have a better result.
4. Fennel & Cinnamon For Bad Breath Treatment
Fennel is considered a wonderful mouth freshener because it has a fresh aroma, which can help reduce the criteria in your mouth. To use this cure, you have to prepare:
- A small amount of fennel
- 2 or 3 pieces of cinnamon
- A glass of water
- Add all of the ingredients into one. Soak it for a night and enjoy the next morning. Use it every day, and you will see surprising results.
Get more: 28 Health and Beauty Benefits of Fennel
5. Lemon & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
To some extents, lemon is also considered one of the best ways to freshen your breath as it contains citrus aroma, which can stop the development of oral bacteria.
- Prepare 1 lemon, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a cup of water
- Add some juice of the lemon and cinnamon powder into the water
- Use a spoon to stir until they are mixed well
- Use this mixture to freshen your mouth
Remember to do this at least twice a day to have a better result.
6. Honey & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
Honey contains an antimicrobial compound which is called methylglyoxal which can destroy oral bacteria and bring you better breath.
- Add 2 teaspoon of honey to a tablespoon of cinnamon
- Use a spoon to stir it well
- Eat 1 teaspoon of it
Remember that by using the mixture of honey and cinnamon 2 or 3 times a day to improve your bad breath.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
One of the most important reasons of bad breath is the imbalance of pH level in your mouth. Researchers show that the substance in apple cider vinegar can help to balance this one and support you to treat halitosis very well.
- Add a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar and cinnamon to a cup of water
- Stir this well
- Use this mixture to clean your mouth after meals.
8. Baking Soda & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
Another way to balance pH level is by using baking soda. Baking soda will help you to create an unsuitable environment for bacteria in your mouth.
- Drop a teaspoon of baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl
- Add some water and mix it
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth twice per day.
9. Parsley & Cinnamon For Bad Breath
Parsley contains chlorophyll that helps to treat bad breath from the inside. It also cleanses your body, fights against infections, and removes the toxins out of your digestive system & liver.
- Firstly, add 1 cup of chopped parsley leaves to a juicer and then take its juice.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and stir them well.
- Drink the juice.
- Consume 1 to 2 glasses of the juice a day.
Tips & Precautions
- Brush your teeth twice per day and replace the toothbrush every 3 months.
- Cinnamon may cause a runny nose, itchy eyes, stomachache, and shortness of breath for the people who are allergic.
- It is unsafe for pregnant to consume a large amount of cinnamon.
- It is good to clean your mouth by consuming fruits such as apples, carrots, celery and so on.
- It is important to drink much water to avoid dry mouth.
Above are 9 tips on how to use cinnamon for bad breath treatment that you should try. Using cinnamon to get rid of bad breath has been appreciated for a long time and is considered the best cure for this problem. If you have other ways, please give your comments below in this article. For the treatment of other health conditions, please visit our How To page and learn more!