- Why Can Blackstrap Molasses Treat Constipation?
- How To Use Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
- 1. Blackstrap Molasses & Warm Water
- 2. Blackstrap Molasses & Honey
- 3. Cayenne Pepper, Garlic, & Blackstrap Molasses
- 4. Blackstrap Molasses & Peanut Butter
- 5. Prune Juice & Blackstrap Molasses
- 6. Blackstrap Molasses & Apple Cider Vinegar
- 7. Blackstrap Molasses, Hot Water, & Milk
Constipation is a common digestive phenomenon in everyone, of all ages and sexes. However, clinical constipation is very common in the elderly and fat people. People with constipation will find it very difficult or take a long time to have bowel movements. Moreover, some other symptoms include occasional bowel movements, abdominal pain, headache, and especially having difficulty in going to the toilet. There are many causes of constipation, but the main reason is the weak spasm of bowels or poor diet with the lack of fiber and water. In the case of constipation lasts too long and frequently, it can cause hemorrhoids. Normally, people do not take specific drugs to treat the disease but use natural ingredients. To help people suffering from constipation can find effective remedies for the disease, AllRemedies.com will introduce you very useful methods with blackstrap molasses. To learn more about why and how to use blackstrap molasses for constipation in adults, let’s keep reading the article.
Why Can Blackstrap Molasses Treat Constipation?
Some people may think that blackstrap molasses are very rich in iron, thus, it can cause constipation. In a point of fact, however, not only do blackstrap molasses not cause constipation, but it can also prevent and treat the disease. This is due to the plentiful amounts of vitamins and essential minerals such as vitamin B6, selenium, copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, especially the high level of magnesium, all of which are extremely beneficial for treating constipation. Besides, calcium in blackstrap molasses can aid in removing wastes and toxins from the colon to help digestive organizations perform optimally. This helps to clean the bowels and then limit the possibility of occurring constipation. In addition, blackstrap molasses are alkaline that helps to balance the pH level of the stomach and has a mild laxative property. Whereby, it assists the intestines in producing proper stool and ensures regular bowel movements. Furthermore, it can soothe stomachaches, prevent bowel irritation, and facilitate your digestive process. As a result, the problems related to stomach and digestion will be effectively solved. Thanks to these properties, blackstrap molasses is always considered as one of the most natural remedies for constipation.
Top 9 Natural Ways How To Use Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation In Adults
1. Warm Water & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
How to do:
- Add 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses into ½ cup of warm water. If you do not like the taste of blackstrap molasses, you can add tea or fruit juice instead of warm water.
- Stir well and drink it before going to bed
- Consume it 3 times per day. After several days, your constipation may be gone
2. Honey & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
The mixture of honey and blackstrap molasses for constipation is one of the best choices because honey contains a lot of water and it has the ability to absorb water very well. This can help to maintain soft and wet stools when going through the digestive tract as well as help the intestines and kidneys work better. Whereby, honey acts as a lubricant that stimulates the bowel to push the stool out and helps to prevent constipation . Sugar molecules in honey can be changed into other kinds of sugar such as fructose which can also be converted into glucose. Therefore, despite a large amount of acid in honey, it can still be easily digested even to those with a sensitive stomach. This remedy is very popular and widely used for every one of all ages, including kids.
How to do:
- Mix a cup of honey and the corresponding amount of blackstrap molasses
- Consume the mixture twice in the morning and once before dinner
- Perform the remedy every day until you can easily have bowel movements
3. Cayenne Pepper, Garlic, & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
Cayenne pepper is one of the natural remedies for constipation, but not many people know that. The most outstanding characteristic of this herb is the peppery property that can heat the body to promote blood circulation. As a result, it stimulates the excretory system and bowel movements. Garlic is in the similar case with cayenne pepper as many people think that garlic is not useful for constipation. However, conversely, garlic contains soluble fibers – other fibers that are able to decrease cholesterol and detoxify the body and regulate sugar level. Therefore, it is very beneficial for the bowel movements and cleaning the digestive system . These two ingredients will create a perfect mixture for constipation when combined with blackstrap molasses.
How to do:
- Crush some cloves of fresh garlic
- Combine 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with 1/8 tablespoon of cayenne pepper and the crushed garlic
- Mix well then consume the mixture
You may not like the taste of the mixture of cayenne pepper and blackstrap molasses for constipation but don’t give up. If you regularly consume it, your constipation will be alleviated for a few days.
4. Peanut Butter & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
Another recipe for stimulating regular bowel movements is the mixture of blackstrap molasses and peanut butter. Peanut butter is very rich in fiber, containing both soluble and insoluble fibers which are very important to ease constipation. Soluble fiber in peanut butter can absorb water and form a thick gel in the digestive system.
Meanwhile, insoluble fiber can add bulk to stool, make them pass out easier, and regulate bowel movements. In fact, peanut butter has more insoluble fiber than cucumber, grape, and watermelon. Besides, a tablespoon of peanut butter contains 0.3 gram of soluble fiber and 0.7 gram of insoluble fiber, which equal those of high-fiber foods. Therefore, consuming peanut butter can bring you a great amount of fiber; as a result, constipation will be prevented and treated effectively.
How to do:
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses with the same amount of peanut butter
- Stir well then consume it in the morning
- Perform the solution every morning to regularize bowel movements for all day
5. Prune Juice & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
Another ingredient that very few people know for use to treat constipation is prune juice. For sure, you can be surprised since discovering prune juice contains a great amount of fiber and sorbitol that are super good for bowel movements. In details, prune, and its juice contains both soluble and insoluble vegetable fiber. These two types of fiber along with dihydrophenylisatin, a substance in the prune shell have the effect of increasing the amount of stool, strengthening bowel peristalsis, simultaneously softening stools, and stimulating beneficial bacteria’s growth.
Meanwhile, prune juice contains 15% sorbitol, a substance that can absorb water in the intestine and soften stools as well. In addition, the vitamins and minerals found in prunes are capable of activating digestive enzymes. Once activated, these digestive enzymes will be moved up the stool quickly through the colon and rectum. Potassium which exists in that attracts lost water, which aids in enhancing the colon against harmful bacteria. Therefore, prune juice is always recommended being used for constipation. A better way is to be combined with blackstrap molasses.
How to do:
- Cleanse fresh prunes then squeeze out the prune juice
- Add 1 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses into 1 cup of the prune juice
- Stir well and drink it
Make this mixture and drink it every day when you are suffering from irregular bowel movements. Your constipation will be recovered after several times of use. Let’s consume occasionally even if you are not suffering from the disease in order to prevent it for long.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Mixed With Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
An alternative useful remedy for constipation is mixing apple cider vinegar with blackstrap molasses. Apple cider vinegar is very well-known for its effectiveness in dealing with skin problems, but additionally, it is helpful to regulate bowel movements as well. This is because apple cider vinegar contains pectin-a soluble fiber in water that normalizes acid in the intestine and supports digestion health. Besides, apple cider vinegar has good bacteria, which help to break foods and reduce the symptoms of constipation very effectively.
How to do:
- Mix a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Add the mixture in one glass of warm water, stir well until these two ingredients dissolve
- Drink the solution
Let’s try to do the method regularly to regularize bowel movements and prevent the disease.
7. Hot Water, Milk, & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
- Add 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses into a cup of hot water
- Add ¾ cup of milk into the cup
- Stir well until the blackstrap molasses dissolve completely in the water
- Better drink the mixture in the morning with an empty stomach
The solution can promote the digestive system and stimulate the bowel peristalsis, whereby regulating bowel movements and prevent constipation thanks to sodium phosphate content.
8. Castor Oil & Blackstrap Molasses For Constipation
Castor oil is extracted from castor seeds and considered a natural remedy for constipation . Castor oil is a natural laxative without any side effect. The oil works by stimulating bowel peristalsis to push food down the gastrointestinal tract. This eliminates wastes in the stomach and resolves constipation naturally. Not only does this oil help to cleanse the stomach and reduce constipation, but it also improves digestive efficiency. Therefore, mixing castor oil and blackstrap molasses is a natural remedy for constipation that brings a very high effectiveness.
How to do:
- Combine 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with 2 teaspoons of castor oil
- Stir well then consume the mixture daily until bowel movements return as usual
9. Blackstrap Molasses Supplements For Constipation
Blackstrap molasses is also produced as a supplement. Therefore, instead of using the above remedies, you can take blackstrap molasses supplements daily. These supplements allow you to absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, and other crucial nutrients that are very effective in relieving and preventing constipation. Moreover, taking blackstrap molasses supplements every day can help you to aid blood circulation, reduce some symptoms associated with pregnancy, and prevent menstrual issues, anemia, cancer, fibroids, and arthritis pain.
Tips & Precautions
- It is essential to use only organic blackstrap molasses since other blackstrap molasses may contain sulfate.
- Do not take too much blackstrap molasses because it has high in iron. The excessive amount of iron may cause constipation, which makes your effort in vain
- As for blackstrap molasses supplements, keep them far away from children, especially children under 9 years old since it can become fatal. In the case, children accidentally consume these supplements or an adult uses overdoses, contact with or meet doctors immediately to find solutions.
- These remedies only can bring the best results if they are performed regularly in the correct way. If after a period of using these remedies, your constipation is not improved at all, let’s concern doctors at once as you can catch chronic constipation.
Above are some effective remedies on how to use blackstrap molasses for constipation removal in babies & adults that you should try. These remedies are very suitable for anyone of all ages. Let’s perform them for several days in the proper recipes. After that, if your constipation is not improved, come to meet doctors immediately. For more natural ways to treat many other health problems, visit our How To page. And if you know other remedies for constipation with blackstrap molasses, please share with us by leaving your comments at the end of this writing.