You can feel pain your knees, hands, hips or other joints throughout your body. Often it is one common sign of arthritis. Aside from pain, some symptoms are redness and swelling around the joint, limited movement in your affected body parts, and stiffness. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 23 natural home remedies for arthritis in hands without any side effect. This writing listed the best natural treatments to cure arthritis from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 23 natural home remedies for arthritis in more detail!
Top 23 Natural Home Remedies For Arthritis In Hands Are Revealed
Turmeric that helps you improve your skin also helps you cure arthritis.
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for arthritis. Turmeric reduces inflammation and pain including swelling and tenderness of joints. Simply, you just need to add turmeric powder (a dash) in your curries and gravies to get the benefits. If you are not allergic to milk, have to boil milk (a glass) with turmeric powder (¼ teaspoon) and have it before you go to bed. Another option is to use water and boil it with some turmeric and have it.
2. Turmeric And Ginger Tea
This combination is also considered as one of the most effective home remedies for arthritis. Ginger and turmeric are both anti-inflammatory, and also will help with rheumatoid and oseto arthritis. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Water (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Honey for taste
First of all, bring water (2 cups) to a boil, and add ½ teaspoon ground turmeric and ground ginger. Reduce to one simmer and allow it to be for around 10-15 minutes. Strain and then add honey for taste, and enjoy two times every day. This yields 2 servings.
3. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Green Gram
Green gram is also one of the greatest home remedies for arthritis thanks to a lot of beneficial components that is one of the pre-requisites for treating arthritis. Here are detailed instructions to use it for treating arthritis:
- 3 tablespoons of green gram
- Water- 250 ml
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- A pinch of pepper (optional)
- A pinch of salt (opt
- First of all, you soak your green gram in water entire night.
- Take out it from the water in the morning.
- Then crush the garlic.
- After that, add the garlic to the green gram
- You should have this green gram – garlic (a handful) two times a day.
- If you would make it a little tasty, you can add pepper and salt to it.
- It is recommended to have this mixture at least two to three months every day.
4. Epsom Salt Soak
Looking for the natural home remedies for arthritis, you should not pass Epsom salt.
Epsom salt has magnesium sulfate that sounds type of scary, but it is really quite a great substance. Here are step by step directions to use it for curing arthritis:
- Epsom salt (1/2 cup)
- Warm water
- A large bowl
First, fill one large bowl with enough warm water and then add Epsom salt (½ cup). Stir it around, and next submerge the sore joints in this liquid. Another option is to try taking one bath with Epsom salts. All you need to run one tub full of warm water and then add Epsom salt (2 cups). Soak for 15 minutes minimum.
5. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Blackstrap Molasses Drink
Blackstrap molasses drink is also one of the most effective home remedies for arthritis in hands. High in valuable minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium, blackstrap molasses has been used for dealing with arthritis for about a number of years. For satisfied results, you can use it as follows:
- Blackstrap molasses (1 tablespoon)
- Warm water (1 cup)
The first step is to heat fresh water (1 cup) till warm, but not hot. Then stir in blackstrap molasses (a tablespoon) and drink once every day.
6. Dandelion Leaves
Seeking the natural home remedies for arthritis, you should not pass dandelion leaves.
Incredibly rich in vitamins C and A, dandelion leaves can help in repairing damaged tissue as well as help your liver clear toxins out of your blood. In addition, it contains anti-inflammatory properties. In order to receive the best results, you can do as follows:
- Fresh dandelion leaves (3 teaspoons), or one teaspoon of dried
- Boiling water (1 cup)
- Fresh leaves (a handful) (if making a salad)
- Extra virgin olive oil (a dash) (if making a salad)
For fresh dandelion tea, you just need to step fresh leaves (3 teaspoons) or one teaspoon dried in boiling water (1 cup). Strain and then drink it twice every day. You can add honey to improve the taste because dandelion is bitter. To make a salad, you eat them plain with a bit of extra virgin olive oil or toss this leaves in with another recipe.
7. Home Remedies For Arthritis – White Willow Tea
Here are detailed instructions to use white willow for treating arthritis:
- Chipped or powdered white willow bark (2 teaspoons)
- Water (1 cup)
- Lemon or honey to taste
First of all, bring water (1 cup) to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. After that, add of chipped or powdered white willow bark (2 teaspoons) and allow it infuse for about 10-15 minutes. After that, remove from the heat and keep it steep for half an hour more minutes. It is recommended to drink twice every day. You can add honey and lemon to taste as it is bitter.
8. Peppermint Eucalyptus Oil Blend
Eucalyptus and peppermint are considered among one of the most effective home remedies for arthritis due to its pain-relieving and properties. The cooling sensation which they produce may temporarily override the discomfort, as well as create a soothing sensation which can remove the pain of arthritis. For positive effects, you can use them as follows:
- Peppermint oil (5-10 drops)
- Eucalyptus oil (5-10 drops)
- One- two tablespoons of carrier oil (almond, olive, grapeseed, etc.)
- One small dark glass bottle
First of all, blend 5-10 drops of peppermint and eucalyptus oil together, and next mix into carrier oil (1-2 tablespoons). After that, store this oil blend in a dark glass bottle and then keep away from direct the sunlight, and lastly rub into the joints when they ache.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for arthritis presented in the next part of this article, so continue reading it if you want to discover more!
9. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Juniper Berry Tea
Juniper berries are also one of the best home remedies for arthritis due to its one component called terpinen-4-ol. For the better results, you can do as follows:
- Dried juniper berries (1 tablespoon)
- Freshwater (1 cup)
- Honey (optional)
Firstly, bring fresh water (1 cup) to a boil, and then place dried juniper berries (1 tablespoon) in a mug. Afterwards, pour the boiling water over these berries and allow them steep for about twenty minutes before straining. You had better drink 1 cup two times every day, and add honey to improve the taste if you like.
Precaution: Do not consume juniper berry tea while you are pregnant.
10. Golden Raisins And Gin
Here are step by step directions to use this remedy for curing arthritis you can follow at home:
- Gin (around 1/2 cup)
- Golden raisins (1 cup)
- A shallow dish
Place golden raisins (1 cup) in one shallow dish, and then pour in sufficient gin to this. Cover with one towel and keep them away in a dark place till this gin has evaporated (around two weeks). Now eat nine of the raisins every day, keeping in your mind the results can take a few weeks to show.
11. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Black Cumin
Packed with antioxidants and flavonoids, black cumin can be a great anti-inflammatory spice. In addition, the salicylic acid present in black cumin relieves you from pain too. To treating arthritis, you use it like below:
- Add black cumin (2 teaspoons) in water (a glass).
- Boil this mixture till it decreases to 3/4 of its original quantity.
- Allow it cool down.
- Drink this mixture daily before you go to sleep and after waking up.
Using fennel is also one of the most excellent home remedies for arthritis. The phytonutrients of fennel make it a wonderful spice having antioxidant properties. Plus, anethole that is the primary component in fennel’s volatile oil helps reduce inflammation. Moreover, vitamin C in fennel neutralizes free radical that in turn prevents deterioration and pain of joints seen in rheumatoid and osteoarthritis arthritis. Here are easy steps to use it for removing arthritis:
- Take fennel seeds (1 teaspoon) and then crush them in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat water (a cup) (don’t boil it).
- After that, place this crushed fennel seeds in one cup and next pour hot water over this.
- Cover and steep for about 10 minutes.
- Now have this aromatic tea.
- You can have this tea two to three times a day.
13. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds that are rich in fiber and protein contain many other beneficial components such as iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, phosphates, saponins, trigonelline, flavonoids, and other alkaloids. In addition, because of anti-inflammatory properties fenugreek seeds have been traditionally taken to get instant relief from pain thanks to gout and arthritis too. Here are some ways to use them for curing arthritis in hands:
- First of all, soak fenugreek seeds (a teaspoon) in water entire night. In the morning, you discard the water and then chew the seeds.
- Another option uses fenugreek seeds powder. First of all, mix a teaspoon of this powder to lukewarm water (a cup) and have this mixture in the morning every day for around 2-3 months as your stomach is empty
- Alternatively, you can use fenugreek seeds or powder in your curries and gravies.
Continue reading this writing to know other home remedies for arthritis in hands!
Ginger root is also one of the greatest home remedies for arthritis. This herb not only reduces arthritis pain but also for treats many other medical conditions such as diarrhea, colic, nausea, and heart conditions. For the expected results, you can use it like following:
- Fenugreek seeds powder- 50 g
- Ginger powder- 50 g
- Turmeric- 50 g
- Mix all of these ingredients together
- Then keep this mixture in an airtight container.
- After that, take one teaspoon of the mixture two times a day. Alternatively, you can also mix it with some warm water and then have it.
15. Camphor – Mustard Oil Massage
Massaging swollen and aching joints with herbal oils is also one of best natural home remedies for arthritis. For treating this problem, here are detailed directions:
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- Camphor- 10 g
- Firstly, take mustard oil in one pan.
- Next, add camphor to the oil.
- Heat this oil until the camphor gets dissolved completely.
- Allow it cool down a little until it gets lukewarm.
- Now gently massage your joints with the lukewarm oil.
16. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are very rich in fatty acids, magnesium, copper, and calcium that help in decreasing inflammation and pain as well. Here are easy ways to use it for dealing with arthritis:
- Sprinkle a little bit powder of sesame seeds on your options of dishes and then have it during lunch as well as dinner.
- Another method is to soak black sesame seeds in water (a cup) overnight. Now have this mixture in the morning.
17. Juice Remedy
Here are some recommendations for juices that you can have:
- Carrot, cabbage and celery juice having parsley (a dash).
- Potato juice. Soak thin potatoes slices with peel in water (a glass) overnight. You should have this juice in the morning.
- Cherry juice.
- Beet, carrot, and cucumber juice
- Garlic and radish juice.
If you want to discover other home remedies for arthritis, keep reading this writing!
18. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Diet Remedy
A proper diet is also one of the top home remedies for arthritis. Thus, have a low-cholesterol, low-fat diet containing complex carbohydrates from grains and vegetables. This kind of diet will help in reducing the fat in the tiny arteries which supply blood to the joints. This means the joints will get more vitamins, minerals, oxygen, and other nutrients which you take through many foods and herbs for your arthritis. For instant results, here are some diet methods for you to follow:
- In order to detox your body, firstly, take lemon juice (2 teaspoons) mixed with warm water (a glass) with honey (1 teaspoon). Have it two times per day in morning and evening.
- Have vegetable soups and juices that are made with anti-inflammatory and antioxidants ingredients. For example, juices of beetroot, cucumber, carrot mixed together is great for you.
- Avoid foods producing gas and leading to bloating. These include cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, potatoes and lady’s fingers.
- Take green salad with one simple dressing of a little salt and lemon juice.
- Have fruits like apples, oranges, papaya, grapes etc.
- Have vegetables such as squash, pumpkin, zucchini.
- Use such spices as coriander, ginger, asafetida, cumin, garlic, turmeric, and fennel while cooking as well as seasoning for yogurt, salads, etc.
- Avoid spicy and hot and fried foods as well.
- Avoid excessive tea, alcohol, white sugar, coffee, yogurt, cocoa, chocolate, smoking.
Surprisingly, massaging with mustard oil is also considered as the best excellent home remedies for arthritis inflammation and pain. The oil acts as a natural ointment as well as stimulates blood flow. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Heat some mustard oil till it is slightly warm. Then rub it gently over your painful joint. After that wrap it with plastic wrap and now apply warm towels. It is recommended to repeat this remedy every day before you go to sleep for best results.
- Alternatively, you may use a small amount of your eucalyptus oil. Or, mix wintergreen eucalyptus oil and oil together and then rub it on your joint. For this method, you do not need to use hot compresses.
20. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Fish Oil
As you see, the omega-3 fatty acids present in fish oil contain an anti-inflammatory agent in your body and can help in reducing pain. To see the better results, you can use it like following:
- Simply consume fish oil (1-2 teaspoons) daily.
- Alternatively, in the morning, you can use fish oil supplements on an empty stomach to reduce morning stiffness effectively.
- Along with supplements, you had better also eat cold-water fish as well as other natural products such as flax seeds that are rich in the omega-3 fatty acids.
Alfalfa is also considered among one of the most effective home remedies for arthritis because it is really high in minerals and also helps regulate pH levels. Here are step by step directions to use it for arthritis:
- You can prepare a cup tea with alfalfa seeds. All you need to add ½ to 1 teaspoon of the seeds to boiling water (a cup). Allow it simmer for about 20 to half an hour with a lid on and later strain it. It is recommended to drink this remedy two times every day for 2-3 weeks in order to reduce inflammation.
- Alternatively, you can also take for alfalfa capsules that are available in the market and then can be taken every day.
22. Home Remedies For Arthritis – Cherries
Generally, cherries are a really good source of potassium and magnesium, both of which can help arthritis sufferers effectively. Potassium helps reduce inflammation while magnesium is one natural painkiller. You should eat 8 to 10 cherries every day. You can use, frozen, fresh canned cherries depending upon that is easily available. Here are an easy way to use it for treating arthritis:
- Or simply, you can drink cherry syrup. All you need to do is boil some cherries in some water for a couple of minutes till it creates a sweet, strong syrup. It is suggested to drink this syrup every day for a few months.
The anti-inflammatory properties of borage seed oil may help relieve many symptoms of arthritis. For treating arthritis, you can use it as follows:
- Regularly massage this oil onto your affected area in order to help heal tender as well as swollen joints.
- Another option is to drink borage seed oil (one teaspoon) every day for pain relief.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. To solve the problem of arthritis, you should try some of above natural remedies. After reading the article of 23 natural home remedies for arthritis in hands, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of arthritis quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for arthritis, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural arthritis remedies to us.