Head lice are very small parasites living on the hair and scalp shafts where they feed on your blood. Two of the most general signs of lice infestation include red bumps on your scalp and itching on your head. As they reproduce fast, it is not easy to eliminate lice parasites within some days. Combing them out may remove them, but it is a tiring and long process. There are a few home remedies that will be more effectively deal with this problem. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 19 natural home remedies for head lice eggs in adults without any side effect. This writing listed the best natural treatments to get rid of the head lice eggs from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 19 home remedies for head lice in more detail!
Top 19 Natural Home Remedies For Blackheads Head Lice Eggs In Adults Are Revealed
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil that helps you reduce both diastolic and systolic blood pressure also helps you treat head lice effectively.
Applying olive oil can make your hair wet and silk. So that it is made easier for you in order to comb your hair. Especially, it helps suffocate the lice and will fight off the head lice eggs. Therefore, it is considered as one of the best home remedies for head lice. For the greatest results, you should use it as follows:
- Olive oil
- Towel or shower cap
- Herbal shampoo (having tea tree oil)
- Take your olive oil into the hands
- Then, apply it thoroughly to the hair before going to sleep
- Put a towel or shower cap while you go for bed
- Allow it for entire night
- In the next day morning, comb the hair as this tiny parasites will fall down
- Then rinse your hair completely with the help of an herbal shampoo
- Following the process regularly will give you the better results to remove the lice problem.
- Olive oil (one-half cup)
- Some liquid soap
- 1/2 cup of conditioner
- First of all, mix the conditioner and olive oil in equal quantities
- Next add some liquid soap to this
- Mix it well and then apply it onto the hair completely
- Allow it for about one hour
- Wash it off with shampoo and later apply conditioner to it
- Finally pat it dry the hair for some time
- Comb the hair thoroughly to get rid of the lice eggs which are dead
- Again after one week, you had better repeat the same process in order to get best results
Looking for the home remedies for head lice, you should not pass garlic. Garlic contains a strong fragrance that makes your lice to suffocate and lastly kill them. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- 8- 10 garlic cloves
- Lime juice or coconut oil (2 -3 teaspoons)
- Firstly, take this garlic cloves and next to grind them into a paste
- Add lemon juice and then mix it well
- Now apply the mixture thoroughly on the affected area without leaving any part
- Leave it for half an hour to start the effect of the mixture on your lice
- Rinse your hair thoroughly by using hot water
- Continue doing this process to get better results
- Fresh garlic juice
- Coconut oil or cooking oil
- Green tea
- Lemon extract
- Regularly used conditioner or shampoo
- Take and combine all of the above mentioned ingredients
- Then coat the hair thoroughly with the solution
- Cover the scalp of hair with a towel or shower cap
- Keep it like this for around 30 minutes
- Wash it off by using regular shampoo
- For two months, you should repeat this method on weekly basis for the better results.
Using neem is also considered among one of the most effective home remedies for head lice. Here are step by step instructions to use it for treating head lice:
- Have neem leaves (a handful)
- Place in one pan and next to boil them in water for around 10 minutes
- Boil up to this green essence of these leaves disperse in water
- After that use this water to wash your hair
- Follow the process at least two times a week, till you feel that the hair is free from this problem.
- First step is to take neem oil into the palms
- Later rub it without diluting to the hair
- Allow it for about 15 minutes and comb the hair to get rid of the lice and nits.
- Afterwards wrap the hair with the help of plastic disposable shower cap and allow it for overnight.
- Wash your hair with shampoo in the morning
- It is recommended to repeat the procedure every day for at least two weeks to get rid of the head lice.
4. Tea Tree Oil
One of the best home remedies for head lice is tea tree oil. It contains natural insecticide property that makes it as an effective cure for head lice. Here are two method to use this oil for head lice removal:
- Tea tree oil (1 teaspoon)
- Natural shampoo (1 oz)
- Olive oil or coconut oil (3 tablespoons)
- Take all of these ingredients and then mix it well to create a fine solution
- After that, apply the solution gently all over your hair
- Cover the hair with plastic shower cap or towel
- Allow it sit for around half an hour without disturbing it
- Wash it off with warm water
- Finally, comb the hair as it is still wet to get rid of the dead lice
- Tea tree oil (1 teaspoon)
- Lavender oil (1/2 teaspoon)
- Mix all of these ingredients properly
- Then apply this oil on the scalp directly
- These oils work as repellents and maintain the head lice away from the hair.
- You use oil (few drops) regularly for curing the head lice.
5. Coconut Oil
Seeking the home remedies for head lice, you should not pass coconut oil. Coconut oil contains lubricating nature that helps to stop your lice from moving it freely as well as prevents it from multiplying. For the better results, what you need to do:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Take some this vinegar and wash your hair with it
- Then let it pat dry the hair
- After that take coconut oil and saturate the scalp and hair completely with that oil
- Wrap your head with a towel or shower cap to get best results of eradicating your lice
- Allow it for entire night or for around 6-8 hours
- Comb your hair early in the morning and wash it off with shampoo
- In order get it more effective, you should add anise essential oil (several drops) to the oil before the application begins and apply it to the hair
- You had better repeat the process daily for at least one week continuously to remove the lice.
There are a lot of other effective home remedies for head lice presented in this article, so continue reading!
Salt contains the property of desiccation that is used to eradicate your head lice. In order to get the best results, you should do as follows:
- Salt (1/4 cup)
- Vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Mix vinegar and salt in equal quantities
- Later pour this mixture in an empty spray bottle
- Afterwards, spray the solution gently onto the hair so that it will become wet
- Secure your hair with a shower cap for around 2 hours
- Wash it off completely and then apply conditioner to it
- It is recommended to repeat this process for once in every 3 days.
7. White Vinegar
White vinegar has acetic acid, which is a great compound to destroy your lice. It is one of the inexpensive and safe home remedies for head lice. Here are detailed directions to use it for head lice you can follow at home:
- White vinegar
- Take water and white vinegar in equal amount
- Then mix it well in order to dilute the vinegar
- After that, apply this solution to the scalp and hair completely
- Later wrap a shower cap or towel around your hair and allow it for around 2-3 hours
- Take a comb and immerse it in white vinegar
- Now comb your hair slowly.
- Or simply, you can rinse the hair using white vinegar before and after shampooing your hair
- Firstly, take natural vinegar that is acidic in nature
- Then pour some vinegar into the palms and massage the hair.
- Allow it to sit for around 2-3 hours
- Rinse it off with shampoo
- Take a comb to alleviate the fainted and dead lice after having your bath.
- Regular repeat this process will help to remove the lice problem.
8. Tea Tree Oil And Olive Oil
Both olive oil and tea tree oil help to prevent the head lice eggs as they contain insecticide properties. Here are detailed guides:
- Tea tree oil
- Olive oil
- Mix olive oil with tea tree oil
- Next, apply this oil to the hair by rubbing it into the scalp.
- Allow for half an hour to an hour.
- Now, wash your hair for 2 times
- Firstly, remove the oil in the hair
- Secondly, wash your hair again by using vinegar to remove the problem.
- Finally, comb the hair to get rid of the remaining lice
- Continue this process that helps to prevent your lice.
Using mayonnaise may be one of the simplest home remedies for head lice. It has a lot of oil that helps in suffocating the live head lice thanks to viscosity property of the mayonnaise. In order to obtain satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Shower cap
- Take your full fat mayonnaise and later apply it directly on the scalp
- Then, take a shower cap to wrap your hair and allow it for around 8 hours or overnight
- After that shampoo your hair as normal
- Now, comb the hair in order to the remaining lice out
- Everyday repeat the process for one week continuously.
10. Sesame Seed Oil
This oil can help to solve the problem as it contains high in antifungal, antibacterial and have natural insecticide properties that help to treat the head lice problem. Here are instructions in detail:
- Sesame seed oil (1/4 cup)
- Neem oil (1/8 cup)
- Tea tree oil (1 teaspoon)
- Rosemary essential and eucalyptus oil (1/2 teaspoon)
- Lavender essential oil (10 drops)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Firstly, wash the hair by using apple cider vinegar
- Leave it to dry for several minutes
- Now, mix all of these elements (except apple cider vinegar)
- Then, apply the solution on the hair and scalp
- Take a towel or shower cap to secure your hair for entire night
- Next day morning, comb the hair thoroughly to get rid of the dead lice
- Finally, go for shampoo as normal
- Every day repeat this process for at least 1-2 weeks.
11. Orange Juice
One of the easiest and simplest home remedies for head lice is orange juice. Orange juice works as potent insecticide that helps to kill the lice fast as well as loosen the eggs from the hair. To use it for treating head lice, you can do as follows:
- Firstly, wet the hair with water
- Next pour the orange juice on the hair and ensure that it covers all your scalp and hair.
- Allow your hair for around 20 – 30 minutes
- Comb the hair with lice comb in order to remove your lice which is died.
- Wash the hair with warm water
- Follow the process every day for at least two weeks to get rid of the lice as well as its eggs (nits), finish by using lice conditioner and comb.
12. Oil Method
For the positive effects, you can use it as follows:
- Vaseline or mayonnaise
- Shampoo to shower
- Coconut oil
- Take Vaseline or mayonnaise and then mix it well by adding coconut oil (few drops).
- Apply the paste into the scalp and hair completely.
- After applying, secure your head by using shower cap or a plastic bag for about10 -12 hours.
- Then, pass a blow dryer in order to heat the shower cap or simply you can sit in the hot sun.
- Afterward, directly apply shampoo your hair without wetting it.
- Again wrap the scalp with this plastic bag. Hence, that the shampoo can stay for about half an hour for expected results and wash it off thoroughly.
- Now, comb the hair to get rid of the tangles with one wide –toothed comb.
- In order to comb the hair, first separate the hair into a inch sections by beginning at the nape of your neck
- Comb the hair completely by taking small parts of the hair like ponytail in order to know which sections are left and which are combed.
- After completing each section, you rinse the comb in hot water and then wipe it with a tissue.
- Rinse your hair using shampoo without water in order to get rid of the remaining oil that was left in the first rinse. After that, try to use one plastic shower cap while sleeping as it helps in keeping away any live lice to re-infecting your scalp.
- It is recommended to do this process continuously to prevent the head lice problem soon.
If you want to discover other effective home remedies for head lice, keep reading this writing!
13. Petroleum Jelly
For the most beneficial results, you can use petroleum jelly for treating head lice eggs as follows:
- Shower cap
- Petroleum jelly
- Baby oil
- Take petroleum jelly and then apply a thick layer of it on the scalp before bedtime
- Afterwards, take a towel or shower cap to cover the hair and allow it for entire night.
- In the next day morning, you take some baby oil in order to apply on your scalp so that it gets rid of the jelly
- After removing, you comb the hair thoroughly in order to remove the lice.
- It is suggested to repeat it for a few nights regularly to remove the problem.
14. Baby Oil
Baby oil is also one of the most popular home remedies for head lice. Here are step by step directions to use it for treating this problem:
- Baby oil
- White vinegar
- Laundry detergent
- Firstly, take some baby oil and then apply it on the hair
- After that, slowly comb the hair so that you will see the lice falling from the head
- Later rinse your hair with hot water and laundry detergent
- Before going to sleep, you must put some white vinegar on the hair
- Allow it for entire night by covering the hair with a shower cap
- Rinse your hair in the morning with regular shampoo and finish by appling some conditioner of your option.
15. Mouth Wash
Antiseptic mouth wash such as Listerine will help to remove the head lice problem. Here are easy tips to use it for curing head lice:
- Take pure mouthwash and then use an empty spray bottle to pour it in it.
- Then, spray this mouthwash all over your head to make it wet
- Afterwards, allow it like that by covering a shower cap
- After two hours, take out this cap and rinse the hair for at least two times or else.
- It is recommended to repeat this process once in one month to prevent the head lice problem.
16. Alcohol Method
Alcohol is also one of the most effective home remedies for head lice eggs in adults. Here are easy steps to use it for removing head lice eggs:
- Take rubbing alcohol (a bottle)
- Go to bathtub and then bend back over it
- After that, place it at the middle or center of the forehead.
- Then, pour the alcohol over the hair but ensure that your hair has to get wet completely
- Later pass the fingers through the hair and make sure to notice that alcohol must cover mainly your scalp area of the hair
- Then, apply few conditioner onto the scalp and take one long toothed comb in order to brush out all your lice
- Take one shower bath to scrub the hair properly and then repeat the shower if needed.
To use almond for treating head lice, you should do as follows:
- First of all, crush 8 to 10 almonds.
- Then, add lime juice (2 to 3 teaspoons) to it.
- Apply on the scalp and allow it on for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, Rinse your hair with shampoo.
18. Thyme Leaves
Here are step by step instructions to use thyme leaves for removing head lice you can follow at home:
- Take some fresh or dried thyme leaves and flowers.
- Pour few boiling water on them and then steep it for around 10-15 minutes.
- Either spray the infusion or directly wash your hair with it.
- Then, comb the hair with a nit comb several times in a day.
19. Rosemary And Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Here are detailed directions:
- Mix together margosa oil (1/8 cup), sesame seed oil (¼ cup), ½ teaspoon each of rosemary essential and eucalyptus oils, tea tree oil (1 teaspoon), and about lavender essential oil (10 drops).
- First, rinse your hair thoroughly with the help of apple cider vinegar.
- Next, dry your hair and then apply this prepared solution to scalp and hair.
- Cover them up using a shower cap or towel and leave it on entire night.
- Next morning, comb the hair gently so that the dead lice fall off.
- Lastly, rinse your hair with regular shampoo.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 19 home remedies for head lice eggs in adults, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of head lice eggs quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for head lice, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural head lice remedies to us.