- Is Oregano Oil Good For Treating Yeast Infection?
- How To Use Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection
- 1. Oregano Oil
- 2. Oregano Oil Gel
- 3. Oregano Oil With Olive Oil
- 4. Oregano Oil Application
- 5. Oregano Oil Douche
- 6. Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection On Skin
- 7. Oregano Oil Capsules
- 8. Oregano Oil And Aloe Vera For Dog Yeast Infection
As you can see, a lot of people nowadays have to face yeast infection. It not only happens to people but also happens to animals like dogs. People with yeast infection often feel uncomfortable so they always find the ways which can help them to get rid of this problem. And so do the animals. When the animals like dogs suffer from the yeast infection, they may act so strangely because they are uncomfortable. In that case, someone who is taking care of them ought to find something to help them in getting rid of this problem as well. Actually, the yeast infection can be treated by using some home natural remedies such as tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, oregano oil, and so on. If you like to use oregano oil for yeast infection but you don’t know how to use and the reasons why you should use it to deal with this problem on skin and in dogs; today on our page AllRemedies.com, this article will show you the details about why you should use oregano oil and how to use it.
Is Oregano Oil Good For Treating Yeast Infection?
The first reason why oregano oil is really good for treating yeast infection is that this oil has strong antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. According to a study, some researchers have shown that these properties can assist in preventing the development of Candida albicans which are the main bacteria causing yeast infection both in humans and in animals. Besides that, oregano oil has antimicrobial agents which are thymol and carvacrol. The last reason why oregano oil can help to treat yeast infection is that it consists of antiseptic properties which are capable of inhibiting the yeast infection from spreading. 
How To Use Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection – 10 Magical Ways
Just like what has been mentioned above, oregano oil is very good for treating yeast infection. There is no doubt that oregano oil can be used alone in order to treat this disease. However, if you want to get a better result, you ought to combine it with some different ingredients. Even though you like using it alone or mixing with other ingredients, these recipes below are what you need to consult.
1. Oregano Oil
If you don’t have time to use oregano oil with other ingredients, you can use it alone by eating it directly. Why is it said like that? By doing that way, it will help you in curing yeast infection from inside.
- Firstly, take three drops of oregano oil.
- Then add them to a glass of water.
- Finally, drink this solution regularly.
If oregano oil isn’t causing the burning sensation in your mouth, you can increase the amount of oregano oil gradually up to six drops.
2. Oregano Oil Gel
When talking about how to use oregano oil for yeast infection, using oregano oil gel is also a good idea which you ought to try once.
- Take oregano oil gel containing about 230ml of oregano oil.
- Then consume it after you have the meal.
- Do this method every day until you get rid of yeast infection completely
Plus, you can increase the amount of oregano oil gel to gels every day in order to get a better result.
3. Oregano Oil With Olive Oil
Sometimes, you can also use the combination made of olive oil and oregano oil for yeast infection on skin.
- Firstly, prepare a drop of oregano oil as well as half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then mix them well together.
- Finally, drink this solution regularly.
In case you do not have olive oil, you can replace it by using coconut oil.
4. Oregano Oil Application
If you do not like drinking oregano oil, why don’t you use it to apply to the affected area? This will be safe for treating skin yeast infection as well if you have sensitive skin. There are two methods for you to follow.
Method 1: Oregano Oil
- Firstly, take a little amount of oregano oil.
- Then apply it to your affected area.
- Finally, gently massage.
- Repeat this process twice a day daily.
Method 2: Oregano Oil With Coconut Oil
- Firstly, add one or two drops of oregano oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Then mix them well together.
- Next, apply the oil mixture to your affected skin area.
- Finally, allow it to dry naturally.
- Repeat this process twice per day until you get rid of this disease completely.
Providing that you don’t possess coconut oil, just use olive oil, tea tree oil or almond oil instead.
5. Oregano Oil Douche
Another way on how to use oregano oil for yeast infection is the oregano oil douche. It is also an effective method. In order to use this method, you ought to follow these steps below.
- Firstly, prepare 8 ounces of water.
- Then pour 20 drops of oregano oil into it.
- Next, mix them well together.
- After that, douche with this solution.
- Finally, wash again with water and allow it to dry completely.
- Repeat this method twice a day daily until your condition becomes better.
Besides this way, you can make this solution and then dip a tampon in it. Next, you insert this tampon into the vagina. Finally, you remove the tampon after leaving it on for about half an hour.
Actually, women, who are pregnant or are going to have a baby then, should stay away from this method because douching is able to create some complications.
6. Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection On Skin
In fact, oregano oil can be used not only to treat the yeast infection in your vagina but also to treat yeast infection on your skin. Furthermore, yeast infection often appears under your breasts, between your fingers and toes, on your thighs. Now you may wonder to know whether you are suffering skin yeast infection or not, right? If you are suffering from this disease, you may see rashes, raised itchy bumps and fluid discharge on your skin. Thus, in order to deal with this problem, you can use oregano soak.
- Firstly, prepare a warm bath.
- Then take a few drops of oregano oil and add to the bath.
- Next, stir well.
- Finally, soak your body in this solution for some minutes.
- Repeat this process once a day.
- Keep doing it every day until you get rid of yeast infection completely
7. Oregano Oil Capsules
If you don’t like using fresh oregano oil for yeast infection, why don’t you try using oregano oil capsules? It can work very effectively as well. Therefore, every day you are able to take 1 or 2 oregano oil capsules. And you need to repeat it two times a day daily until your condition becomes better.
Read more: 31 Best Natural Home Remedies for Jock Itch
8. Oregano Oil And Aloe Vera For Dog Yeast Infection
Just like what has been mentioned early, animals, especially dogs, also have a high risk of suffering from yeast infection. If you like using oregano oil for yeast infection in the dog, why not combining it with aloe vera juice in order to get a better result?
- Firstly, take 1/2 oz of aloe vera juice.
- Then add a drop of oregano oil to it.
- Next, mix them well.
- Finally, drop a little mixture into the ear of your dog which is suffering from yeast infection.
Besides that, you can use aloe vera juice and oregano oil for yeast infection by this way. After you finish mixing both ingredients, you dip a cotton ball in this solution and then swab your dog’s ear with it.
9. Vitamin E With Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection On Skin
As you can see, oregano oil is very effective in treating the yeast infection while vitamin E is really good for taking care of skin. Why don’t you try using the combination of oregano oil and vitamin E? You will get an amazing result after following these steps below.
- Firstly, take one or two drops of oregano oil as well as the equal quantity of vitamin E.
- Then mix them well together.
- Finally, apply it to your skin yeast infection.
- Repeat this process three times a day daily until you get rid of skin yeast infection completely.
Perhaps you can see a positive result after using this method for 2 weeks.
10. Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection In Dogs
Another way on how to use oregano oil for yeast infection in the dog is using the combination of oregano oil and coconut oil. You just need to mix both oils well together and then apply the oil mixture to the affected area such as dog’s ears. Nevertheless, based on how heavy the dogs are, you should take a suitable amount of oregano oil and coconut oil. Here are the detailed dosages that you ought to consult.
- For the dogs which weigh from 50 to 70 pounds, you should dilute half a teaspoon of oregano oil with half a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- For the dogs which weigh from 25 to 35 pounds, you ought to dilute half a teaspoon of oregano oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- For the small dogs which weigh under 20 pounds, you had better dilute half a teaspoon of oregano oil with one and a half teaspoons to two teaspoons of coconut oil.
Supposed that you do not have coconut oil, you can replace it by using olive oil.
Precautions And Additional Tips
- Actually, people who are lack of iron shouldn’t use oregano oil for yeast infection because it is able to reduce the ability of your body to absorb iron in the short-term. 
- Plus, pregnant women ought to stay away from using oregano oil for yeast infection because when they use oregano oil, their blood flow is increased to the uterus as well as the lining surrounding their fetus is weakened.
- It is also said that someone who is allergic to oregano oil should not use it as it may make this condition become worse and worse.
- In case you are on the blood thinning medications or you are breastfeeding, you are not advised to use oregano oil for yeast infection as well.
- Furthermore, someone who is suffering from heart problems or high blood pressure ought not to use oregano oil for yeast infection, too.
- Moreover, directly consuming oregano oil in order to treat yeast infection is not advised for kids, along with infants.
- However, if you want to get rid of yeast infection as soon as possible, you need to change your diet by avoiding eating processed sugars as well as preservatives since that contribute to the development of yeast infection, drinking a lot of water every day because water can help in flushing the toxins out from your blood and so on.
- Reducing stress levels by meditation or yoga is also a good idea for preventing and treating yeast infection.
- Using mild soaps instead of soaps that consist of harsh chemicals is necessary as well.
- In addition, you ought to keep the yeast infection areas totally dry.
- Finally, you should wear the innerwear made from cotton if you are suffering from vaginal yeast infection.
Here are 10 helpful ways on how to use oregano oil for yeast infection on skin and in dogs that you can follow. However, this article is only for the informative aims. That’s why you ought to consult your doctor before using any method which has been mentioned above. If you want to learn more methods for treating the yeast infection, you had better spend a little time on visiting our main page How To. In case you know the different ways on how to magically use oregano oil for yeast infection on skin or you want to ask something about this, can you let us know by leaving us a comment below? We promise to respond your comment as soon as we can.