- Is Baking Soda Good For Upset Stomach?
- How To Use Baking Soda For Upset Stomach And Diarrhea
- 1. Baking Soda
- 2. Warm Water & Baking Soda
- 3. Vinegar, Water And Baking Soda
- 4. Lemon And Baking Soda
- 5. Lemon, Peppermint Leaves With Baking Soda
- 6. Baking Soda & Peppermint Tea
- 7. Apple Cider Vinegar & Baking Soda
- 8. Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda With Honey
Upset stomach is also one of the most common problems that everybody may face in their life. Actually, there are several reasons causing this problem. Do you want to know them? They include high stress, bad eating habits, medicines or gastric reflux. Whatever causes upset stomach, you may find it uncomfortable. In order to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling, you can choose to take medicine or use natural remedies. In fact, natural remedies such as baking soda, apple cider vinegar, ginger and so on are preferred using because it is cheap and safe. Therefore, today on the page AllRemedies.com if you like using baking soda, this article will present to you the reasons why you should use baking soda for upset stomach as well as the methods on how to use it in detail.
Is Baking Soda Good For Upset Stomach?
According to some studies, they have found that upset stomach is caused by your bad eating and drinking habits. Or in other words, when you eat or drink too much, you may have a risk of suffering from the upset stomach. In order to know whether you are suffering from this disease or not, you have to see that you have one of these symptoms like fullness, heartburn, gas, nausea, as well as belching. As you can see, baking soda is able to reduce the gas formative production, along with bloating in your stomach. Thus, burping is reduced as well. Furthermore, when you suffer from upset stomach, the acid in your stomach is increased. If you use baking soda in this case, it can help you in neutralizing the acid, thus decreasing the pain caused by the upset stomach. Besides that, as you use baking soda for upset stomach, it will assist in eliminating the toxins out of your body thanks to its cleansing properties. Moreover, baking soda aids in breaking the fats contained in your food down, therefore, it makes your digestion become easier. Keeping the pH balance is also one of the reasons why you ought to use baking soda for upset stomach.
8 Ways How To Use Baking Soda For Upset Stomach And Diarrhea
There are several ways for you to use baking soda for upset stomach. You can use it alone or mix it with some different ingredients. Let’s consult these following recipes.
1. Baking Soda
This may be the easiest method on how to use baking soda for upset stomach. What you really need to do is taking from a half teaspoon to one teaspoon of baking soda. Then you dilute it with a half glass of water. Finally, you drink this solution after you stir it well. You need to remember to consume this solution two or three times a day daily until your condition becomes better. However, if you want to use baking soda for upset stomach in your children, you should allow them to consume no more than 5 teaspoons a day daily.
2. Warm Water & Baking Soda
When talking about the way on how to use baking soda for upset stomach, using the combination of baking soda and warm water is a good idea for you because your stomach can be soothed after you use it. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Firstly, prepare a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of lemon juice as well as a cup of warm water.
- Then use warm water to dilute baking soda.
- Next, add lemon juice to this mixture.
- After that, keep stirring until everything is dissolved.
- Finally, drink this mixture. Probably, you may see a positive result after 10 or 15 minutes.
If this condition still exists, you ought to repeat this process once every three hours.
3. Vinegar, Water, And Baking Soda
Vinegar, in general, and apple cider vinegar, in particular, are considered as the best remedies in order to cure upset stomach because of their pectin concentration. 
What you need to do is following the steps below.
- Firstly, prepare these things well. They include a half teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of vinegar, as well as a glass of warm water. Depending on what type of vinegar you have at home, you can use either apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- Then add baking soda to the glass of water.
- Next, stir this mixture well and add vinegar to it. Now you may see the mixture bubbling up.
- After that, wait a moment till these bubbles become calm a little.
- Finally, consume this solution in ten seconds so that your upset stomach is relieved.
However, while you are making this solution, you see that the mixture of baking soda, vinegar and water doesn’t bubble up. At that time, you should add a little vinegar and baking soda to this mixture and stir again. After 15 minutes when you consume this combination of vinegar, water, and baking soda for upset stomach, if you are still uncomfortable, you should try drinking another brew.
4. Lemon And Baking Soda
When talking about how to use baking soda for upset stomach, why don’t you try using the combination of baking soda and lemon? When you use this combination, the gases stuck in your stomach through the carbonation can be released. Furthermore, by using this method, the acid in your stomach is also neutralized by baking soda. Actually, this way is also said to help you in getting rid of stomach pain. Now you may wonder to know how to use this combination, right? Here is what you need to do.
- Firstly, cut two lemons and extract the lemon juice.
- Next, take a half teaspoon of baking soda and add to the lemon juice.
- Then in order to make this mixture become sweet, add a little honey or sugar depending on your favorite flavor.
- After that, mix everything well.
- Finally, consume this mixture when it foams.
5. Lemon, Peppermint Leaves With Baking Soda For Upset Stomach
If you are looking for a way to use baking soda for upset stomach, the combination made of lemon, peppermint leaves, and baking soda is a good way for you. If you decide to use this method, you ought to follow these steps below.
- Firstly, prepare these things. They are 1 tsp of lemon juice which is squeezed from fresh lemon or bought at any grocery store, a few peppermint leaves which have been crushed before, 1/2 to 1 tsp of baking soda and half a cup of water.
- Then put baking soda, peppermint leaves, lemon juice into the cup of water.
- Next, mix everything well together.
- After that, add some small ice cubes to this mixture if you also suffer from burning sensation. If you do not, you can ignore this step.
- Finally, consume this mixture immediately in order to get rid of upset stomach soon.
6. Baking Soda & Peppermint Tea
Another way on how to use baking soda is combining it with peppermint tea. This is the way for you to use this combination.
- Firstly, make peppermint tea by boiling a cup of water and then add some peppermint leaves to it. After a few minutes, strain the liquid.
- Then take from a half to one teaspoon of baking soda and add to the peppermint tea.
- Next, mix them well together.
- Finally, consume this solution.
You will see a result after 10 or 15 minutes when you consume this mixture.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar & Baking Soda
- Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon.
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tablespoons.
- Water: 250 ml.
- Orange: 1.
- Firstly, mix apple cider vinegar and baking soda well.
- Secondly, add water and continue mixing.
- Then cut the orange into wedges which have the same size and put them aside.
- After that, consume this mixture. It will assist you in treating GERD, nausea, upset stomach and heartburn and so on.
- Finally, eat orange wedges which have been cut so that you can remove the sour taste of this mixture. If you do not have the orange, you can replace it by eating another fruit.
You need to repeat this process three times a day daily until your condition becomes better.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda With Honey
If you are suffering from upset stomach and you want to get rid of this disease by using baking soda, why not combine it with honey and apple cider vinegar? This is the way for you to follow.
- Firstly, take a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, along with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Then put everything in a glass of water.
- Next, mix them well.
- Finally, drink this solution.
- Repeat this method two times a day.
- Keep doing it every day.
You will see the positive result after you use this mixture for 2 weeks.
Additional Tips And Precautions
Apart from applying one of the helpful ways on how to use baking soda for upset stomach, you ought to follow these tips below. Besides that, there is something that you should avoid. Now let’s find out.
- First of all, you should stay away from using baking soda in case you are suffering from high blood pressure or having a diet which limits the sodium intake because your blood pressure can be increased.
- Furthermore, you must consume the right dosage of baking soda which is recommended for each age. For example, children who are over seven years old ought to take from a quarter teaspoon to half a teaspoon of baking soda and they need to take it once or twice per day. Meanwhile, adults are recommended to take from a half teaspoon to one teaspoon of baking soda once or twice per day.
- Moreover, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women or you are suffering from one of the diseases such as gas, liver cirrhosis, kidney problems and congestive heart failure and so on, you had better ask your doctor before you use baking soda.
- Plus, you ought to have a healthy diet as well as healthy lifestyle. It means that you should keep away from junk food, spicy food, oily food and fatty food. Doing exercise regularly is also a good way to have meals so fast as well.
- In order to receive a quick relief, you had better use the pure baking soda. That is the reason why before you drink the mixture of baking soda, you need to check whether it is dissolved or not.
- Especially, in case your stomach is full, you shouldn’t drink baking soda because it may make your condition becomes worse.
That is all about how to use baking soda for upset stomach. We all hope that you can find the best and the most suitable method in order to get rid of upset stomach as soon as possible. If you want to apply another ingredient for treating upset stomach, you ought to spend a little time on visiting our main page How To so that you can get more information. Furthermore, in case you want to ask something about how to use baking soda for upset stomach or you know more ways to use baking soda for upset stomach, can you leave us a comment below? We promise to respond your comment as soon as we can.