Diabetes (known as diabetes mellitus) has become a common heath problem. There are many natural remedies for diabetes which will help you control the blood sugar level. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you best home remedies for diabetes mellitus without any side effect. This writing listed the best natural treatments to control diabetes mellitus from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 37 home remedies for diabetes mellitus in more detail!
I – What Causes Diabetes?
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a group of diseases that influence how the body uses blood sugar. Blood sugar or glucose plays the important role in providing energy to the cells building tissues, and muscles. Moreover, glucose is also considered as a fuel for your brain.
Type 1 diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes can be caused by the immune system which destroys the cells in our pancreas that produce insulin. When the body is lack of insulin to function normally, diabetes occurs.
Although type 1 diabetes can affect people at any age, children or teenager are more vulnerable to this disease. Some scientists and researchers thought that the causes of type 1 diabetes may include environmental factors and genetic susceptibility; however, the exact causes of type 1 diabetes still remain unclear.
Below are some factors which may be involved:
- Chemical toxins in food
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Unidentified components causing autoimmune reactions
Type 2 diabetes:
- Bad diet
- Increasing age
- Environmental factors
- Obesity or overweight
- Maintain a sedentary lifestyle
Gestational diabetes: 
During the pregnancy, excess hormones that are produced by the placenta to sustain the pregnancy increase the resistance to insulin of the cells. If your pancreas cannot keep up, little glucose may get into your cells and stay in your blood, leading to gestational diabetes. The causes of gestational diabetes remain unclear. Yet, there are some risk factors which increase the development of this condition:
- Obese or overweight
- Family history
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Gave birth a baby with over 9lb
Whatever the different causes of diabetes are, it means that the level of glucose in your blood is too much. That leads to many mild or serious health problems.
II – What Are The Symptoms of Diabetes?
Diabetes is one of chronic diseases. Prescription medication can slow down the development of this health condition. However, how to detect diabetes early? According to doctors, prediabetes can help us detect this disease soon. They indicate that the glucose levels in the body are higher than normal when you see some following symptoms:
- Frequent urination
- An increase in your appetite
It is important to look for effective treatments that control and treat diabetes mellitus. If not treated, it can lead to further complications such as cardiovascular disease, nerve damage, kidney damage, foot damage, skin conditions, and even Alzheimer’s disease.
Prescription medication can slow down the development of diabetes while natural home remedies can control its symptoms and give you a significant relief. These natural home remedies for diabetes mellitus are effective in controlling the symptoms and safe to be used. Read this article below to know more.
III – Top 37 Best Natural Home Remedies For Diabetes Mellitus Are Revealed
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a group of diseases that influence how the body uses blood sugar. Blood sugar or glucose plays the important role in providing energy to the cells building tissues and muscles. Moreover, glucose is also considered as a fuel for your brain.
Whatever the difference causes of diabetes are, it means that the level of glucose in your blood is too much. That leads to many mild or serious health problems. I just mentioned the symptoms of diabetes above. Although type 1 diabetes can affect people at any age, children or teenager are more vulnerable to this disease. Type 2 diabetes, a common type, is seen in people at any age, people who are older than 40 are the most affected. Some scientists and researchers thought that the causes of type 1 diabetes may include environmental factors and genetic susceptibility; however, the exact causes of type 1 diabetes still remain unclear. Type 2 diabetes is believed to be caused by environmental factors, obesity or overweight, and genetic. In addition to type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, the third type of this disease is gestational diabetes that occurs during the pregnancy. During the pregnancy, excess hormones that are produced by the placenta to sustain the pregnancy increase the resistance to insulin of the cells. If your pancreas can not keep up, little glucose may get into your cells and stay in your blood, leading to gestational diabetes. It is important to look for effective treatments that control and treat diabetes mellitus. If not treated, it can lead to further complications such as cardiovascular disease, nerve damage, kidney damage, foot damage, skin conditions, and even Alzheimer’s disease. Prescription medication can slow down the development of diabetes while natural home remedies can control its symptoms and give you a significant relief. These natural home remedies for diabetes mellitus are effective in controlling the symptoms and safe to be used. Read this article bellow to know more.
1. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Guava
The guava tree grows widely in tropical America but now it is extended throughout the Asian continent. People from different countries like Taiwan, India, Japan, and China eat guava because of numerous health benefits. It is no wonder that guava has been considered as popular medicine in different regions.
According to the Indian Ayurveda and ancient Chinese Medicine, guava leaves and guava fruit are effective natural home remedies for diabetes mellitus . Guava leaves extract contains a flavonoid called quercetin that has ahypoglycemic effect and an ability to reduce blood sugar. Both guava leaves and fruit possess more than 13 substances against diabetes. Guava is also rich in pectin fiber, flavonoids, fructose, Arjun eolic, ursolic acid, magnesium, zinc, manganese, and niacin that are contributed to the benefit of guava in treating diabetes. The vitamin C abundant in guava is a powerful antioxidant that boosts the overall health, improves the immune system and lowers the risk of heart disease. Studies also showed that significant compounds in guava can reduce cholesterol level in the body.
In order to treat diabetes, you just need to eat guava regularly. Peel off the skin before you eats this fruit. Eating the skin of guava is not good for patients with diabetes. Moreover, it is important for me to note that overconsumption of guava during a day may result in some unwanted side effects.
If you want to get the benefits of guava leaves in improving diabetes, you should make the guava leaves tea.
Here is the instruction:
- Put some guava leaves in a pan
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of fresh water over the leaves
- Boil it for a couple of minutes until the water is reduced to half
- Turn off the heat and strain it
- Let this tea cool down to the room temperature
- Drink it
In order to get a satisfactory result, you should drink two or three cups of guava leaves tea per day.
Read more: A List of 38 Best Foods High in Fiber
Regular consumption of the juicy, crunchy, and sweet apples can reduce the risk of developing diabetes. Moreover, patients saw a great improvement in diabetes after eating an apple on the daily basis. Therefore, when we look for home remedies for diabetes, we should not ignore apples. This sweet fruit is loaded with vitamin C, soluble fiber, and antioxidants. Pectin found abundant in apples is beneficial in detoxifying the body, removing harmful wastes and toxins, and lowering the insulin. Moreover, apples can lower the risk for certain cancer, heart disease and eye disease, complications of diabetes.
In order to slow down the development of diabetes and control its symptoms, you just need to eat a small or medium sized apple a day.
3. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Cherries
Cherries have the lowest rating on the glycemic index at 22 among the fruits. Cherries are one of the home remedies for diabetes because it is loaded with beta-carotene, antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C, iron, magnesium, folate, and fiber. Moreover, the anthocyanins present in cherries can boost insulin production by up to 50 percent, which lowers blood pressure and improves diabetes. Eating cherries can help to prevent cancer, heart disease, and other health problems that are often found in patients with diabetes mellitus
In order to improve diabetes mellitus, you just need to consume one-half cup of cherries per day. Cherries can be consumed fresh, frozen, canned, or dried.
According to the American Diabetes Association, grapefruit is one of the recommended superfoods for diabetes . This fruit has a low glycemic index at 25 and contains a great source of vitamin C and soluble fiber.
Moreover, grapefruit is rich in a flavonoid called naringenin that makes your body become more sensitive to insulin and helps you to maintain an ideal weight. That is contributed to preventing and improving diabetes mellitus.
In order to control your blood sugar level in your body, you just need to consume three-quarter cup of cherries daily.
Alternatively, drinking grapefruit juice also gives you the most benefits associated with diabetes. It is a great idea to make grapefruit juice as home remedies for diabetes at home. Most grapefruit juice products in the market contain a large amount of sugar and additives. Consuming too much sugar is not good for the health as well as diabetic condition.
5. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Gokhru
Gokhru is a healing herb for urinary and kidney problems. Moreover, it is also one of effective home remedies for diabetes. You can take this herb in from of supplements from the fruits of the seeds of Gokhru. If you are interested in Gokhru, you should consult your doctor before taking. Moreover, this herb should be taken under medical supervision.
Although Gokhru is effective in treating diabetes, you should use this herb for only a short period of time. This is because using Gokhru in a long term can lead to prostate disorders. Moreover, pregnancy women and breastfeeding moms must avoid using Gokhru.
Because avocado contains a great source of healthy monounsaturated fat and fiber, this fruit helps to manage the blood sugar in your body and improve the diabetic condition. The Academic of Nutrition and Dietetics showed that monounsaturated fat plays the important role in improving the heart health and preventing heart disease . People with diabetes mellitus are more vulnerable to stroke and heart disease. Moreover, avocado is loaded with potassium that lowers the risk of diabetes.
Patients with diabetes should eat one medium sized of avocado daily. Avocado can be added to sandwiches or salads.
Learn also: Avocado Oil for Skin and Hair Care
7. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Strawberries
Looking for natural home remedies for diabetes mellitus, you should not ignore strawberries. Strawberries are rich in vital vitamins, fiber, and powerful antioxidants that can help to control blood sugar level and reduce the severity of diabetes. If not treated soon, diabetes can lead to heart disease. Fortunately, the antioxidants found in strawberries can prevent heart disease by decreasing the bad cholesterol and increasing the good cholesterol. Consuming strawberries on the daily basis can reduce blood pressure.
Strawberries have a low carbohydrate content. Eating strawberries can make you feel full for a longer time and thereby, managing your blood sugar level and boosting your energy.
People who get diagnosed with diabetes mellitus should eat a three-quarter cup of strawberries daily. You can eat this fruit as a healthy snack. Alternatively, strawberries can be added to salads or cereals.
Oranges are not only a healthy fruit but also one of effective home remedies for diabetes. This is because oranges are loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like thiamin that can help to control diabetes. Oranges are low in the glycemic index; therefore, it makes the glucose slowly release into the blood. Moreover, eating oranges can help to control the weight gain. Obesity and overweight may increase the risk of developing diabetes. In order to keep the blood sugar and diabetes under the control, you just need to eat one small orange on the daily basis. Eating oranges is better than drinking orange juice. Eating oranges can provide you the optimum benefits while orange juice lacks the fiber.
Read also: foods that burn belly fat
9. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Pears
Pears are packed with vitamin A, C, B1, B2, E, and fiber. Eating pears can help to control blood sugar levels, improve the immune system, reduce cholesterol, and improve digestive health. That makes pears become a healthy fruit but also one of effective home remedies for diabetes mellitus. Pears have low calorie and carbohydrate content.
Eating pears on the daily basis is recommended for patients who suffer from type 2 diabetes because of its ability to improve insulin sensitivity. Pears have the glycemic index at 38.
Diabetic patients should eat one medium sized pear daily to get a significant relief for diabetes.
This herb is also effective remedy I would like to introduce to you. This herb reduces the blood glucose in your body. Mewri contains anti-diabetic properties that can improve the symptoms of diabetes mellitus.
You can use mewri in the form of supplements. Before taking these supplements, it is important for you to consult your doctor.
Kiwi is well-known as a healthy fruit because it has a high nutrient content. Studies found out a close link between kiwi consumption and the reduction in blood sugar levels. Kiwi is rich in vitamin A, E, potassium, and flavonoids that can boost the overall health and improve the immune system. Moreover, this fruit also contains a great source of beta-carotene that improves your overall health and fights against damages caused by free radicals.
Moreover, kiwi has a low carbohydrate content but contains a great source of fiber that lower cholesterol and regular blood sugar levels.
In order to moderate blood sugar levels and improve the diabetic condition, you should eat one kiwi daily as a healthy snack.
12. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Be Sporty
Whether you suffer from diabetes or not, exercise is recommended as home remedies for diabetes because of many health benefits. It protects the cardiovascular health, tones the muscles, reduces blood pressure, strengthens bones, raises the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol, improves the respiratory system, keeps an ideal weight, reduces tension, and boost the work capacity. Patients with diabetes should not lay in bed for all day long. It is important for them to build a regular exercise routine. For sufferers from diabetes mellitus, exercise can help to boost the body’s ability to use insulin and glucose.
13. Olive Oil
Studies found out that olive oil is effective in improving diabetes by reducing the blood sugar level. Olive oil is a good alternative in treating diabetes. Moreover, it also helps to prevent diabetes.
For diabetes, you can use it as a salad dressing’s ingredient or a good alternative to cooking oil. You just need to spray a thin layer of olive oil over the surface of the pan before cooking.
It is important for me to note that olive oil has a lot of calories. Obesity or overweight may increase the risk for diabetes. Therefore, you should limit the amount of olive oil you use daily.
14. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Meditation
One of natural home remedies for diabetes mellitus I would like to introduce to you is meditation. Meditation reduces the production of insulin, decreases the insulin resistance, and manages the level of glucose by reducing the stress hormones like adrenaline, cortisol, and noradrenalin. Moreover, it also helps to balance insulin and glucose in the blood.
15. Pear Cactus Juice
Cactus juice contains a great source of fiber that makes it become one of natural home remedies for diabetes. The fiber found in the cactus flesh can slow down the process for sugar absorption in the body, thereby, keeping your glucose levels under the control. It is no wonder that the prickly pear cactus juice can lower the risk for diabetes mellitus . If you suffer from diabetes, prickly pear cactus juice is a great natural treatment because it controls the symptoms of diabetes and reduces the blood glucose levels.
Pear cactus juice is rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, A, calcium, iron, quercitin, carotenoids. Moreover, it also contains anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here is the instruction on how to make prickly pear cactus juice.
You will need:
- ½ peeled and chopped cucumber
- ½ cup julienned nopal
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 cup of water
- Blend all these ingredients with the help of a blender
- Drink it in the morning
You can add some crushed ice if you want.
16. Bilberry Plant
Bilberry plant is one of home remedies for diabetes. Studies found out that if leaves for bilberry plant are taken regularly, it can help to reduce blood sugar in your body. According to a study from the Canada ‘s University of Montreal, an experiment on the benefits of bilberry plant in a 6 day time period showed the great improvement in glucose levels by 15 to 20 percent.
Bilberry has the anthocyanidin content that is effective in preventing and treating ulcers and diabetes. It manages the insulin in the body and keeps the blood sugar under the control.
The powerful healing properties of bilberry are due to the presence of numerous antioxidants such as hydroxycinnamic acids, phenolic compounds, catechins, flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A, and proanthocyanidins. These antioxidants play the important role in protecting the body from cell damages caused by free radicals.
In order to control the symptoms of diabetes and improve the blood sugar as well as insulin in the body, you can take bilberry tincture. Diabetic patients should take bilberry tincture.
Bilberry vinegar is made in the course of a month. You just need to mix one quart of apple cider vinegar with one cup of dried bilberries. Strain the fruit after a period of one month. One tablespoon of bilberry vinegar can be added to salads or over bread. Bilberry vinegar can make the salads and bread taste delicious. Moreover, it also gives your body more powerful antioxidants.
Dried or fresh bilberry can be used to make bilberry syrup that is also highly recommended for people who get diagnosed with diabetes. Bilberry syrup contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts your body’s immune system to fight against free radical, bacteria and viruses. Bilberry syrup can be taken directly, drizzled over a pancake or stirred into the tea.
Have you heard about bilberry tea? Do you know that bilberry tea has not only a delicious taste but also wonderful benefits for diabetes mellitus? Here is the instruction on how to make bilberry tea?
- Put a tablespoon of dried bilberry in a mug
- Pour hot water over it
- Cover it well
- Let it steep for 10 minutes
- Drink it
In order to get the best result, you should drink three of four cups of bilberry tea daily.
It is important for me to note that pregnant women and nursing mom should take bilberries under the advice of an experienced health specialist because an immoderate amount of bilberries can affect the absorption of iron. Patients who are taking anticoagulants like warfarin or people who suffer from bleeding disorders should take bilberries with caution. When you use bilberries to treat your diabetes, you should regularly monitor your blood sugar. Stop using bilberries if you notice any allergic reaction.
17. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Goolar
Goolar is one of home remedies for diabetes mellitus because this herb contains antidiabetic, hypolipidemic, anti-oxidating, free radical scavenging, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-pyretic, and hepatoprotective properties. Using goolar can cure the various signs and symptoms as well as complications of diabetes.
18. Green Tea
There are many reasons for people love drinking green tea daily. Green tea is beneficial in improving cardiovascular health, protecting the body from bacteria and germs, boosting the immune system, slowing down the aging process and lowering the risk of developing certain cancers. Moreover, studies also found a connection between green tea consumption and improvement in diabetes. Therefore, green tea should be included in a list of natural home remedies for diabetes.
Diabetic patients suffer from problems metabolizing sugar. The blood sugar levels may increase when the body is not sensitive to insulin. Green tea can cure diabetes and improve its symptoms by increasing the body’s sensitiveness to insulin and aiding in the metabolic system function.
According to a 2013 study published in the Diabetes and Metabolism Journal, drinking green tea can help to prevent obesity which is a cause of diabetes . A Japanese study showed that drinking 6 cups of green tea daily reduced the risk for type 2 diabetes by 33 percent.
Green tea contains polyphenols, beneficial substances that can reduce oxidative stress, lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and prevent clotting. All of these abilities lower the risk of developing heart disease that is one of the complications of diabetes mellitus. Polyphenols found abundant in green tea are effective in managing glucose in your body, thereby preventing and treating diabetes mellitus.
19. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Drumstick Leaves
Drumstick leaves are well-known for its medicinal properties; therefore, it is no wonder that drumstick leaves have been widely used to treat hundreds of diseases. One of the benefits of drumstick leaves is treating diabetes. The leaves contain a great source of valuable nutrients and powerful antioxidants. The anti-inflammation properties of drumstick leaves can help to boost metabolism, detoxify your body and blood, and keep the levels of blood sugar under the control.
If you are interested in using drumstick leaves for diabetes, you should do this:
- Put some fresh tender drumstick leaves in a mixer grinder
- Pour a little water in a mixer grinder
- Blend it
- Strain the pulp to get the juice from drumstick leaves
- Drink half a cup of drumstick leaves juice every morning to get a significant relief
After a period of time, you can see the significant improvement in blood sugar level, cholesterol, and diabetes condition.
The bael tree grows from the sub-mountainous to dry regions throughout India. All parts of this tree including root, bark, leaves, and fruit contains medicinal properties. Looking for the effective herbs as well as home remedies for diabetes, we should not ignore bael herb. Many studies showed that the bael leaves can reduce blood sugar by up to 54%. The bael leaves are often used in the powdered form that contains anti-diabetic properties. These properties make bael become the highly recommended herb for diabetes.
Moreover, diabetic patients should drink 20 ml bael juice extracted from bael leaves to manage diabetes.
Alternatively, bael leaves can be grounded and then taken with your empty stomach every morning for a period of 7 days.
21. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Kalmega
Kalmega is not only a healing herb for many health problems, but also one of natural home remedies for diabetes. Kalmega is loaded with ethanolic extract with the anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic characteristic. This herb can aid in the glucose metabolism. The benefits of kalmega are also due to the hypotriglyceridemic properties. In addition to diabetes, kalmega can cure other health problems such as malaria, liver stones, indigestion, and many skin problems.
In order to get the benefits of kalmega in treating diabetes, you should do this:
- Take two leaves of kalmega and put them in a pan
- Pour 1 ½ cup of fresh water into this pan
- Boil it until the water is reduced to half
- Strain the leaves
- Let this water cool down to the room temperature
- Drink this water
If you want to see a significant result, you should drink two or three cups of this water for a few months.
Gurmmar is effective in controlling blood sugar in the body. It boosts the production of insulin hormone and enhances the cell growth in the pancreas. Moreover, this herb contains saponins, the chemicals that play the important role in keeping the blood sugar under the control.
You can take gurmaar supplements; however, it is important for you to consult your doctor before taking.
Alternatively, you can drink gurmaar tea.
Here is the way how to make gurmaar tea.
- Take some gurmaar leaves and put them in a mug
- Pour hot water over these leaves
- Let these leaves steep in hot water for a few minutes
- Strain the leaves
- Drink this tea
If you want to have a satisfactory result, you should drink two or three cups of gumaar tea daily for a few months.
Read also: 28 Health and Beauty Benefits of Black Tea
23. Quit Smoking
Smoking increases the risk of developing diabetes as well as other health problems. Therefore, it is important for you to quit smoking.
24. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Fenugreek
Fenugreek is considered among one of the best effective home remedies for diabetes mellitus. This fenugreek helps in stimulating your cells in pancreas gland and thereby increases the insulin production. Here are several ways for you to follow:
- 4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup of water
- Take a bowl and next place the fenugreek seeds in this.
- After that add water to it and then soak it for entire night.
- In the next morning, you crush the seeds and then strain it in order to get the water.
- In the morning, drink this water to get instant relief from the diabetes.
- You should daily intake of the fenugreek liquid for 2 months minimum to help you to remove the diabetes.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- Take a bowl and next add fenugreek seeds in this.
- After that pour water in this and soak it for entire night.
- Chew the soaked fenugreek seeds in the next morning and consume the water along with the seeds.
- Ensure to take this solution on an empty stomach in order to get relief from this problem.
- It is recommended to do this process on every morning for few months to get rid of this diabetes completely.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds powder
- 1 glass of warm water or milk
- Take milk or warm water and next add fenugreek seeds powder in this.
- Stir it well and then drink this solution to get immediate relief from the diabetes.
- It is suggested to do this process every day to control the problem and also to treat it slowly.
- 6 to 7 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder
- White pepper
- 1 glass of milk
- First of all, take fenugreek seeds in one small bowl.
- Add a little of white pepper and turmeric powder in it.
- Stir it well and then grind it to create it fine powder.
- Now add this powder (a teaspoon) to milk.
- Mix well and now have this to treat the diabetes.
- Follow drinking this milk by mixing the mixture for two times every day on daily basis until you controlled the diabetes.
- Fenugreek powder
- Take the fenugreek seeds powder and then add this in the flour.
- Afterwards use this flour to create chapattis or breads.
- Continue doing the process regularly in order to control the diabetes.
25. Home Remedies For Diabetes – Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd is considered as a healthy vegetable although not many people can like it. Using bitter gourd is one of the best home remedies for diabetes. It is effective in treating type 2 diabetes. Bitter gourd has a compound that is beneficial in lowering the blood sugar levels. Moreover, bitter gourd is loaded with vitamins and minerals that can help your body to fight against a variety of infections.
Bitter gourd that helps to maintain healthy bladder and liver also helps to control diabetes mellitus.
Here are step by step instructions to use bitter gourd for treating diabetes for you to follow:
- Bitter gourd – 4 to 5
- Take bitter gourds and next peel it off using a peeler.
- Then remove these seeds by cutting this gourd into pieces.
- Later crush this deseeded and peeled bitter gourd pieces in order to create it paste.
- Now place the solution on the sieve and then squeeze it to extract the juice.
- Drink the freshly extracted juice as your stomach is an empty in every morning and you can add a little water in the bitter juice.
- It is suggested to drink this mixture on every morning to help get complete relief from this problem.
- Bitter gourd
- Ghee (Clarified butter)
- Firstly, take bitter gourd and next cut it into pieces.
- Afterwards take a pan and add clarified butter or ghee to it.
- Now pour the bitter gourd pieces in this and cook it for several minutes.
- Have the pieces frequently in order to get control over this diabetes.
- You had better follow this process every day for at least three – four months to get immediate relief from the diabetes problem.
- Few pieces of dried bitter melon
- Water – 1 cup
- Take a pan and then pour water in this and boil it for a few minutes.
- Later add some dried bitter melon pieces in this.
- Stir it well and next strain the tea with the help of a sieve.
- Consume the bitter gourd tea to get immediate relief from this problem.
- Continue drinking the tea for around once or twice per day on daily basis in order to have complete control over this problem.
- Or you may also intake at least a dish that made from the bitter melon in the daily diet.
26. Indian Lilac Or Neem Leaves
Indian lilac is also one of the best effective home remedies for diabetes mellitus. The neem contains antifungal, anti-bacterial and anti – hyperglycemic effects which make the leaves more beneficial for curing the diabetes. In addition, they are very useful in boosting the insulin receptor sensitivity as well as help in improving the blood circulation lowering the blood glucose levels, by dilating the blood vessels. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Firstly, take fresh neem leaves (a handful).
- Crush the leaves properly and then strain them in order to extract its juice.
- After that, take this neem juice (1 tablespoon) and have this mixture in the morning time on an empty stomach.
- Continue taking the neem juice every day in the morning on an empty stomach for the better results over this diabetes problem.
- 8-10 leaves of Neem leaves
- First of all, take tender neem leaves and next wash it properly.
- Then put it in the mouth and chew them in the morning.
- You had better repeat this same process in each morning till you reduce the diabetes problem completely.
- 1 to 2 teaspoon of dried neem leaves powder
- 1 glass of water
- Take water and then add this powder in this.
- Stir it well and after that have this solution in the morning (without or with an empty stomach).
- You should have this neem water every day in the morning to get immediate relief from the problem.
27. Holy Basil
Holy basil (or Tulsi ) contains multiple health beneficial properties such as antibacterial, anti – stress, anti – viral, anti – fungal, anti – diabetic, antiasthemitic, antioxidant, anti – tumor, gastric anti – ulcer, immune-stimulant and anti – mutagenic. Basil leaves are very useful in stimulating your blood glucose levels. To controlling the diabetes, you can use it as follows:
- 2-5 leaves of Fresh basil leaves
- First of all, take fresh basil leaves and next wash it properly.
- Now place them in the mouth and then chew it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You had better continue doing this process every day in the morning time to get control over diabetes as well as get over all health benefits.
- Basil leaves
- Water or vegetable juice or any fruit
- Firstly, take few fresh leaves of basil and crush them properly in order to extract one teaspoon of its juice.
- After that, add the basil juice to either any fruit or water or vegetable juice.
- Then stir it well and now drink this solution in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Or you may also take the basil juice directly without water or any juices.
- It is suggested to do this process every day in the morning for some months to treat the diabetes.
- Basil leaves – 5
- Neem leaves – 5
- Beal leaves – 5
- Take the basil leaves, Beal leaves and neem leaves in equal quantities.
- Crush all of these leaves finely in order to get its paste form.
- Drink the paste in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Have this solution in every morning on an empty stomach for quick control over diabetes.
28. Indian Gooseberry Or Amla
Looking for the home remedies for diabetes, you should not pass amla. Amla is very effective in lowering your blood sugar and thereby contains the same effect on your glycated hemoglobin levels. Here are several methods to use it for treating diabetes:
- Gooseberry – 2 to 3
- Water – 1 cup
- Clean cloth or sieve
- First of all, take Indian gooseberries and next cut it into pieces.
- Then take out these seeds and discard it and now place the seedless amla pieces on one mixture grinder.
- Afterwards, grind this to create fine paste and pour the paste on either a fine cloth or a sieve.
- Squeeze it in order to extract its juice from the paste.
- Now take this amla juice (2 tablespoons) and add it to water.
- Stir it well and now have this with an empty stomach in order get complete relief from the diabetes.
- You should drink this solution on every morning with an empty stomach in order to control the diabetes totally.
- 1 tablespoon of Amla juice
- 1 cup of bitter gourd juice
- Take amla juice and later add bitter gourd juice to it.
- Stir it well and now have this mixture to treat the diabetes.
- It is suggested to do this process every day for few months to remove the diabetes.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Amla powder
- 1 glass of water
- Take amla powder and then add water to this.
- Stir it well and then drink this water to help control the diabetes.
- You had better regularize the process to relieve the problem of diabetes.
- 1 teaspoon of Amla powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 glass of water
- Take amla powder, fenugreek seeds powder and turmeric powder.
- Stir it well in the water and then drink this mixture in the morning with an empty stomach.
- You should follow this process every day on every morning to treat this diabetes problem.
- Or simply, you can add this amla in the daily diet and also have the raw amla in order to get control over the problem of diabetes.
Using flaxseeds are also one of the greatest home remedies for diabetes. Flaxseed contains rich amount of protein, fiber as well as plant compounds called lignans, which will function as anti-oxidants. In addition, flaxseeds can stabilize the levels of blood sugar. Here are step by step directions to use flaxseeds for treating this problem:
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder
- 1 glass of water or milk
- Take warm milk or water and then add flaxseed powder in this.
- Stir it well and now drink this with your breakfast.
- For the better results, you had better drink this every day along with your breakfast in the morning.
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed powder
- Take flaxseed powder and next to add breakfast cereal to this.
- Stir it well and then have this breakfast.
- Alternatively, you can include flaxseed powder to the gravies and the soups and take this in the daily diet.
- Regular intake of the flaxseed mixed breakfast can help you to control the diabetes.
30. Papaya Leaf
Seeking the home remedies for diabetes mellitus, papaya leaves is one of the top choices for you. This remedy will help in increasing the insulin sensitivity. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- Papaya leaves – 10
- 8 cups of water
- Take a pan and next pour water in this and place it on the heat or stove.
- Later add papaya leaves to the water.
- Now boil the water for several minutes till it reduces to 1/2 of its quantity i.e. around 4 cups.
- Leave it to cool down for some minutes more.
- Have this solution in small doses all the day.
- Daily intake of the tea will help you to get instant relief from the diabetes.
31. Lady’s Finger
Lady’s finger or okra is one of the best effective home remedies for diabetes. It contains high amount of vitamin A, C, K and B6, potassium, magnesium, zinc and other soluble fiber that makes this as a great blood sugar stabilizer and thereby cures the diabetes. In addition, its seeds contain alpha – glucosidase inhibitors which effectively fight off the starches that converting into the glucose. Furthermore, it contains polyphenolic molecules which decreases the glucose levels in your blood as well as reduces the diabetes. Here are detailed guides for you to follows:
- 2-4 okra or lady’s finger
- Water – 1 glass
- Firstly, take okra and rinse them thoroughly.
- Later cut the tail and head of the okras and then slit it vertically from the middle in order to get 2 big pieces from a lady’s finger.
- Pour these pieces in the water and cover it.
- Allow it soak for entire night without disturbing it.
- Drink this water in the next morning with an empty stomach.
- Or simply, you can include the lady’s finger in your daily diet in order to get complete relief from the symptoms.
- It is recommended to continue doing the process every day for a few months to get control over the diabetes.
Read also: List of 10 Foods High in Uric Acid to Avoid
Jamun is high in vitamin C, iron, calcium, and phosphorus which help to speed up the immune system. Its seeds are used to cure diabetes effectively while its leaves and the extracts of bark are effective in lowering the levels of blood sugar and sugar or glycouria in the urine. Here are some easy methods to use it for controlling this problem:
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon of jamun powder
- Water – 1 glass
- Take jamun powder and then add the water to this powder.
- Mix it well and later have this with an empty stomach in the morning.
- Continue drinking the jamun water every day in the morning with an empty stomach.
- Take few fresh leaves of jamun and wash them thoroughly.
- Now have these leaves and then chew them completely.
- Repeat the same process every day till you cleared the problem of diabetes.
33. Mango Leaves
One of the best home remedies for diabetes is mango leaves. To use it for curing this problem, you can use it like follow:
- Mango leaves – 10 to 15
- 1 glass of water
- Strainer or sieve
- Take mango leaves and rinse it properly.
- Place the leaves in water and then cover it.
- Leave it to soak for entire night without disturbing it.
- In the next morning, filter the water and drink this water on an empty stomach.
- Ensure to have your breakfast after completing one hour.
- It is suggested to do this process every day until you get instant relief from the problem.
- Mango leaves
- Airtight container
- Take few leaves of mango and next dry these leaves properly in the
- After getting dried completely, now place these leaves in mixture grinder or a blender.
- Grind these leaves in order to get powder form and keep it in an air-tight container for more usage.
- Have this mango leaves powder (1/2 teaspoon) before you take lunch or dinner.
- You should repeat the same process every day before taking the lunch and dinner till you get immediate relief from the diabetes.
34. Aloe Vera
Looking for the best home remedies for diabetes, you should not pass aloe vera. For the best results, you can use it as follows:
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of bay leaves powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Take all these ingredients in equal quantities in one small bowl.
- Stir it well and then have the mixture before taking lunch or dinner.
- It is recommended to follow the same process every day before taking your lunch or dinner till you get control over your diabetes.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of aloe vera juice
- 1 glass of buttermilk
- Take buttermilk and then add aloe vera gel in this.
- Stir it well and afterwards drink this solution to prevent the diabetes.
- It is suggested to have this daily to remove the diabetes and helps you to obtain many other health benefits.
Find more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice
35. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are really high in minerals like iron, copper and zinc which are very necessary for keeping the normal glucose levels in your blood. These leaves are effective in decreasing the blood sugar levels and thereby helpful for those who got the diabetes thanks to their obesity. Here are several ways to use curry leaves as home remedies for diabetes.
- 8-10 leaves of curry
- Take fresh leaves of curry and wash them properly.
- Then place these leaves in your mouth and in the morning chew them finely.
- Repeat the chewing process once every day in the morning in order to get diabetes relief.
- Curry leaves
- Take few fresh leaves of curry and add it in your cooking.
- Then add these leaves in the dips, salads, gravies, curries and sauces.
- Continue adding these leaves every day in your cooking to treat the diabetes.
Using cinnamon is also one of the most effective home remedies for diabetes. Cinnamon powder helps in lowering blood sugar by stimulating activity of insulin. Here are detailed instructions to use it for dealing with diabetes:
- Take water (one liter) and boil it. Then simmer it for around 20 minutes. Add cinnamon powder (three teaspoons) while you simmer this water. After twenty minutes, strain the liquid. Now have this water every day.
• Add cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon) in warm water (1 cup). Drink this daily.
• Alternatively, you can sprinkle cinnamon powder on the dips or salads or other dishes.
• Another option is to add cinnamon powder to the milk, coffee or tea.
37. Diet Remedies For Diabetes
For the expected results, what you need to do:
- Avoid refined flour. Instead of using whole grains in your diet, you should use whole wheat pasta, brown rice and whole wheat bread in place of polished rice.
- Have low fat dairy products such as cheese, skimmed milk, yogurt etc.
- Include garlic, onion, spinach, raw banana, black plum, bitter gourd in your diet.
- Mix barley flour (1 part), black chickpea flour (1 part) and whole-wheat flour (4 parts). Use this mixed flour in order to make your bread and pancakes.
- Avoid sweets. Decrease intake of salt too.
- Avoid containing high carbohydrate foods, sweet potatoes, potatoes, yams, colocasia, yogurt high in fat, spicy and oily foods.
- Avoid having sweet fruits such as pineapple, grapes, mangoes, etc.
- Take ½ teaspoon of ginger juice and ½ teaspoon of garlic juice, and then mix with a little jaggery or honey and have this two times a day.
- Make a juice of pumpkin, carrot and pomegranate and have about 1-2 glasses of this juice every day.
To keep diabetes from occurring against, make sure that you keep a healthy diet, regular exercise routine, medication, and good mood.
IV – Conclusion
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. To solve the problem of diabetes mellitus, you should try some of above natural remedies. After reading the article of 37 best home remedies for diabetes mellitus, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of diabetes quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for diabetes, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural diabetes mellitus remedies to us.