Suffer from the oral condition and the doctor says that you are diagnosed with oral thrush? This article bellow can help you to know the causes, signs, symptoms, and home remedies for oral thrush in adults and infants.
What Are The Causes Of Oral Thrush?
Oral thrush or oral candidiasis  is caused by the accumulation of the fungus Candida Albicans on the lining of the mouth. Everyone has Candida, a normal organism, in their mouth. However, if it remains in the controllable amounts, it does not affect you. The overgrowth of Candida results in the symptoms of oral thrush.
Other causes of developing oral thrush may include:
- Dry mouth
- Steroid medication
- A poor diet low in iron, folic acid, and vitamin B12
- Excessive mouthwash use
- People wearing dentures
- Certain health problems
- The overuse of certain medications
- The weakness of the immune system
Everyone at any ages can be affected with oral thrush; however, infants and the elderly are more vulnerable to this oral condition.
If you have a strong immune system, oral thrush can disappear by itself without using treatments. However, the problem may become more severe and more difficult to treat.
What Are The Symptoms Of Oral Thrush?
Before finding the effective home remedies for oral thrush in adults and infants, you should discover the symptoms of oral thrush first. Depending on the underlying causes, the duration of oral thrush may last for days to months. Noticeable symptoms of oral thrush in children and adults may include:
- A cottage cheese-like appearance in the tongue
- Loss of taste
- Creamy white lesions on the inner cheeks, on the tongue, and also on the roof of gums, the mouth, and tonsils
- Redness, soreness, or burning to cause difficulty in speaking, eating, or swallowing
- Slight bleeding in rubbed or scraped lesions
- Redness and cracking at the corners of the mouth
- Feel foam in the mouth
- Pain, redness, and irritation under dentures (also known as denture stomatitis)
Some Tips For Oral Thrush Prevention
Oral thrush is not a serious disease. However, it can make you uncomfortable for a long time if left untreated. The following measures may prevent your risk of oral thrush:
- Rinse your mouth
- Brush your teeth twice a day and often floss daily
- Remove your dentures before your sleep as well as check and clean your dentures often
- See your dentist frequently if you wear dentures or have diabetes.
- Avoid sugar-containing foods
- Control your blood sugar level if you have diabetes.
- Drink enough water to prevent dry mouth
When To See Your Doctor?
Sufferers from oral thrush experience the loss of taste and find it difficult to swallow or eat foods. If you or your infants suffer from painful symptoms of oral thrush, you should make an appointment with your doctor to get a diagnosis and medical care.
Medical care can help to treat the oral thrush. Besides, you can also improve its unpleasant symptoms as well as get rid of this condition at home with natural home remedies for oral thrush. To know more, you should read the article in AllRemedies.com.
41 Home Remedies For Oral Thrush In Infants And Adults – The Best Natural Treatments To Control The Candida
Salt is recommended as one of effective home remedies for oral thrush. This is because salt affects the favorable environment for the growth of fungus in your mouth. Using salt can help to get rid of symptoms efficiently.
You will need:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dissolve salt in warm water thoroughly
- Use this solution to gargle your mouth and then spit it out
To get a satisfactory result, you should gargle your affected mouth with that solution several times daily for a few days.
- Sprinkle some salt inside your mouth especially on your tongue
- Use your fingertips to rub it gently for a couple of seconds
- Use warm water to get rid of salt in your mouth
It is recommended repeating this treatment twice daily for a couple of days.
2. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush With Coconut Oil
Do you know that coconut oil is included in a list of home remedies for oral thrush? Coconut oil has been widely used to prevent gray hair, control hair fall, and treat dandruff. However, the benefits of coconut oil are more than that. Coconut oil is beneficial in fighting oral infections. The use of coconut oil can help to reduce the yeast and relieve the discomfort caused by oral thrush. The antimicrobial properties of pure coconut oil can help to alleviate yeast infection while the fats in coconut oil prevent candida from spreading. To treat and prevent oral thrush, you should opt for extra-virgin coconut oil.
According to a study published in 2007 in the Journal of Medicinal Foods, studies have found out that coconut oil can control the growth of Candida in your mouth. 
There are several ways that you can use coconut oil as one of home remedies for oral thrush. In this article, we would like to introduce 2 methods.
- Put a sufficient amount of coconut oil into a cotton swab
- Apply the cotton swab on your tongue and the inner mouth areas that are affected
- Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times daily for one week to get a satisfactory result
Oil pulling with coconut oil also helps to treat oral thrush.
- Swish one tablespoon of coconut oil around your mouth for about 10 minutes
- Spit the oil out
- Wash your mouth with warm water
To prevent the overgrowth of fungus causing oral thrush as well as other oral conditions, you need to usually brush your teeth. The oil pulling should be performed in the morning with your empty stomach.
The coconut oil can be applied on the tongue of the babies or rubbed on the mother’s nipples before breastfeeding to prevent candida infection from the mother to the infant.
The active or live cultures in probiotic yogurt make it become one of home remedies for oral thrush. Yogurt not only treats yeast infection but also aids your digestion. Moreover, yogurt, as well as other fermented products, contains probiotics. Probiotics can increase the good bacteria and maintain the balance of bacteria in your body. Unbalance of bacteria or the accumulation of bad bacteria in your body can lead to the overgrowth of Candida that may cause a wide range of health conditions and problems such as oral thrush, sinus headache, digestive disorders, and fatigue. The probiotics can enhance the body’s natural defense against yeast and fungus. To treat oral thrush, you should utilize the plain unsweetened yogurt. Sufferers from oral thrush just need to consume 2 to 3 cups of yogurt per day for at least a few weeks to make the growth of candida turn normal. Eating yogurt on a regular basis can prevent digestive problems and improve your overall health.
There is another way to use yogurt to treat candida’s overgrowth.
- Take some yogurt on your tongue and inside your mouth, using fingertips
- Let it stay in your mouth for at least at least 5 minutes
- Wash your mouth with lukewarm water
To use yogurt as one of home remedies for oral thrush most efficiently, you should repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week for a few days.
4. Sauropus Androgynus
Sauropus androgynus contains antifungal effects that can kill Candida albicans . Breastfeeding mothers can use this treatment to prevent oral thrush transmission from them to their babies.
- Take a handful of sauropusandrogynus leaves
- Rinse them under the running water to get rid of dirt and bacteria
- Extract the juice from sauropusandrogynus leaves using a mortar
- Dip a towel in the sauropusandrogynus in the juice
- Use this towel to rinse the baby’s tongue
You should repeat this treatment daily for a few days until the signs and symptoms of oral thrush like white patches, lesions, and soreness on the baby’s tongue disappear completely.
5. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Do you look for effective home remedies for oral thrush? Apple cider vinegar should be considered. The vinegar has enzymes that have the ability to cure candida infection. Moreover, it is effective in regulating the pH level in your body and stopping the growth of yeast that causes the oral infection. The oral thrush may be difficult to treat if you have a weak immune system. Fortunately, apple cider vinegar can help to enhance the immune system and strengthen your natural defense against candida overgrowth.
A study in the Journal of Prosthodontics in 2014 found out that the antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar can fight against candida.
There are two methods on how to use apple cider vinegar for oral thrush.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- Mix apple cider vinegar and salt together
- Add this mixture into a cup of warm water
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth a couple times daily until you see the significant improvement
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- A cup of warm water
- Add honey and raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a cup of warm water
- Drink two cups of this solution to get a significant relief
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of effective, inexpensive home remedies for oral thrush. Using baking soda can get rid of the yeast causing the oral infection. It is recommended using sodium bicarbonate 5% to treat oral thrush. Moreover, baking soda helps to neutralize the acids and regulate the pH level in your mouth.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with a sufficient amount of water to create a smooth thick paste
- Apply this baking soda paste to your tongue and your inner cheek areas using a cotton ball
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wash your mouth with lukewarm water
- Repeat this treatment two or three times daily for a couple of days
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water
- Rinse your mouth with that solution twice daily until you get better and the symptoms disappear completely
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the essential oils for skin and this oil is effective in treating numerous types of skin problems. It can act as a natural astringent and skin toner. People often use tea tree oil to treat oily skin. Tea tree oil contains powerful antifungal properties that can help to fight yeast and fungal causing the oral infection. Moreover, the use of tea tree oil is believed to fasten heal healing process. Therefore, a list of home remedies for oral thrush also includes tea tree oil.
According to a 2004 study in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, the antifungal properties of tea tree oil and its compounds inhibit the growth of candida effectively.
Here is the instruction on how to use tea tree oil.
- Put 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of lukewarm water
- Gargle your mouth with that solution for a few minutes
- Repeat this treatment twice or three times daily to reduce the symptoms of oral thrush.
When you use tea tree oil as one of natural home remedies for oral thrush as well as other conditions, keep in mind that ingesting tea tree oil may result in unwanted side effects.
Keep in mind that tea tree oil is strong oil; therefore, you should dilute this oil before using.
8. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Goldenseal And Bloodroot
Many studies found out that bloodroot has been used to lower the risk of certain cancers . Moreover, it cleanses your body be removing toxins. Bloodroot is also a natural treatment for coughs as well as other respiratory conditions. Goldenseal fights Candida albicans . Some studies found antifungal properties in goldenseal. Berberine is present in both goldenseal and bloodroot. Therefore, the combination of goldenseal and bloodroot is beneficial in curing oral thrush.
- Mix bloodroot and goldenseal to create a paste
- Apply this paste to the tongue, cheeks and other affected areas inside your mouth with the help of a cotton ball
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this treatment for a few days.
Garlic is beneficial in treating the thrush infection. Thanks to its antifungal properties, using garlic can help to kill fungus and yeast in your mouth. Moreover, garlic can boost the immune system and fasten the healing process.
In order to treat oral thrush, you just need to apply garlic oil to your cheek, tongue and other affected areas several times daily for at least one week. You can also chew some raw garlic cloves regularly to cure the infection. Garlic capsules or tablets can be taken after you consult your doctor.
Cinnamon is another natural treatment in the list of home remedies for oral thrush we would like to introduce to you in this article. Using cinnamon can help to kill the yeast causing the oral infection because cinnamon contains powerful antifungal and antiparasitic properties that can avoid the overgrowth of candida Albicans . Moreover, the antifungal properties and curative effects of cinnamon oil can fight candida Albicans.
There are several ways you can use cinnamon as one of the effective home remedies for oral thrush. In this article, we would like to introduce two methods.
Method 1: Drink cinnamon tea
In order to make cinnamon tea, you will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (or a piece of cinnamon stick)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- A teaspoon of lemon juice
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water in a pan
- Add a piece of cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder into the boiling water
- Let it simmer for at least 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and strain the tea
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice into the tea
- Drink it
You should drink several cups of this tea daily until the symptoms of oral thrush disappear completely.
Method 2: Apply the mixture of cinnamon oil
You will need:
- 3 to 5 drops of cinnamon oil
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix cinnamon oil and extra virgin olive oil together
- Apply this mixture to the white patches, raised lesions, soreness, and redness in your mouth
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water
- Do this treatment once a day for at least one week to get a satisfactory result
It is important for you to not that this treatment must not be used by pregnant women because of unwanted side effects.
Want to know more home remedies for oral thrush? You should continue reading this article bellow.
11. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Olive Leaf
Like olive oil, olive leaf is also packed with numerous health and beauty benefits. One of those benefits is treating oral thrush. Olive leaf is beneficial in destroying yeast causing oral thrush in your mouth. Moreover, the powerful antifungal properties of the olive leaf can help to get rid of fungus that leads to the oral infection. Oleuropein, an active ingredient in olive oil, boosts your immune system and fasten the healing process. Therefore, it is not surprising when the olive leaf is included in a list of natural home remedies for oral thrush in infants and adults.
To improve the symptoms of the oral thrush, it is recommended taking 250 to 500 mg of olive leaf extract thrice a week for a satisfactory result. You should discuss its use and the proper dosage with your doctor to get the best result.
Alternatively, olive leaf tea also works for oral thrush.
You will need:
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive leaf
- 1 cup of boiling water
- A mug
- Put olive leaf in a mug
- Pour the boiling water over the olive leaf
- Steep the olive leaf in the boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes
- Strain the tea
- Drink two or three cups of olive leaf tea to treat the oral infection
12. Oregano oil
Oregano oil is effective in killing the yeast that causes the oral infection. This oil contains the antifungal properties that can kill candida Albicans and prevent the oral infection from getting worse. Moreover, using oregano oil can fasten the healing process by boosting your immune system.
You will need:
- A few drops of oregano oil
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix oregano oil with olive oil
- Apply this mixture to the white lesion and soreness on your tongue and the areas inside your mouth
- Let the mixture sit on the affected areas for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
It is recommended doing this treatment twice daily for more than one week to see a significant improvement.
You will need:
- 3 drops of organic oil
- A glass of water
- Add drops of organic oil in water
- Drink this solution for a few days to one week to see a satisfactory result
That is how you can use oregano oil as one of effective home remedies for oral thrush. If you want the fast result, you can use oregano oil capsules after discussing with and consulting your doctor.
13. Aloe Vera
You are lucky if you grow aloe vera plant in your garden. Aloe vera has numerous health and beauty benefits. The uses for aloe vera for hair and skin are well-known and no one feels surprised. For skin, aloe vera application can treat acne problem and lighten skin complexion. The dull, dry and damaged hair can be treated by applying aloe vera treatments to your hair and your scalp regularly. Another benefit of aloe vera is treating the oral infection. Aloe vera is one of powerful home remedies for oral thrush in infants and adults. Aloe vera contains antifungal properties that can help to get rid of existing yeast and keep the Candida from spreading. Using aloe vera can prevent the further development of the oral infection and enhance the healing process. To treat oral thrush, aloe vera can be utilized both topically and orally.
- Put some aloe vera gel on a cotton ball
- Apply it to the lesion, soreness and white patches on your tongue, cheeks and other areas inside your mouth
- Cut the leaves of aloe vera and get its gel
- Place the aloe vera gel and one cup of citrus fruits (grapefruit or orange) into the blender
- Blend it well for five minutes
- Store this juice in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Drink the aloe vera juice daily until the oral thrush is cured completely
Want to know more natural home remedies for oral thrush? Continue reading this article.
Find more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice
14. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Gentian Violet
Gentian violet is a purple dye. The antifungal properties of gentian violet make it become one of effective home remedies for oral thrush and other fungal infections . This treatment works not only for the adults but also the infants. Using it for a few days or weeks can make the white patches, red lesion and other symptoms of oral thrush in your mouth disappear. Gentian violet is safe if used in small amounts. Gentian violet causes unwanted side effects like mouth sores and skin irritation in some people. Therefore, before using gentian violet, you should discuss its use and the possible side effects with your doctors.
- Remove the shirt to prevent staining caused by gentian violet
- Dip a cotton swab into 1% gentian violet
- Paint the tongue, cheeks and other affected areas inside your mouth with the dye
- Repeat this treatment three times daily for a few days to get a significant relief
Azadirachta Indica is scientific name of neem. Neem has been used for traditional medicinal purposes. Various parts of neem tree are used in Ayurvedic medicine as natural treatments for numerous health conditions and diseases. The powerful antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties of neem make it become one of natural home remedies for oral thrush. Neem has the ability to boost the immune system and enhance the body’s natural defense against fungus and yeast. Using neem can get rid of yeast infections. Moreover, edunin and nimbidol, the compounds found in neem extracts, contain antifungal properties. These compounds can fight Candida infections causing oral thrush. 
In order to treat the oral infection, you just need to swish 3 drops of pure neem oil around your mouth and then swallow it. The neem oil is safe to be digested. You should do this treatment several times daily for a few days to one week.
Alternatively, you can drink neem tea.
To make neem tea, you should do this:
- Pour a cup of the boiling water in a mug
- Steep 10 neem leaves in the boiling water for 10 minutes
- Strain the tea
- Drink this solution daily
You should drink 2 or 3 cups of neem tea a day to get rid of oral thrush.
16. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains antifungal properties, which make it become one of powerful home remedies for oral thrush. It is safe to use lemon juice frequently. Moreover, lemon juice has the highly acidic nature that stops the growth of the Candida yeast in your mouth.
The lemon juice is beneficial in lightening skin and improving your skin complexion. That is the reason why you should drink lemon juice even when you do not suffer from oral thrush. You just need to squeeze a lemon to get its juice and then add it into a glass of warm water. Add some honey to make it sweet. It is recommended drinking lemon juice in the morning with your empty stomach.
If you the faster result, you can apply the lemon juice to your tongue, cheeks and other affected areas inside your mouth three or four times daily for at least one week.
17. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Grapefruit Seed Extract
In addition to lemon juice, grapefruit seed extract is also included in a list of home remedies for oral thrush. Both lemon and grapefruit are juicy citrus fruits. Grapefruit is also delicious. People like eating grapefruit. Moreover, this fruit has highly nutrient contents with a lot of health benefits. The antimicrobial properties of grapefruits are contributed to benefits of this citrus fruit. The grapefruit seed extract can fight Candida infections in your mouth. Especially, breastfeeding women can use this natural home remedy to prevent the transmission if they suffer from oral thrush.
- Apply the grapefruit seed extract to your tongue, cheeks and other affected areas in your mouth
- Let the extract sit for 5 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this treatment several times daily
In addition to grapefruit seed extract, you can use grapefruit seed oil. Here is the instruction:
- Add a few drops of grapefruit seed oil into a glass of warm water
- Use this treatment to rinse your mouth several times daily for a few days
18. Milk And Turmeric Paste
Turmeric has been used for centuries to treat skin disease, heart disease, inflammatory conditions, and wound healing. Moreover, turmeric contains powerful antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. That is not surprising when turmeric is one of effective home remedies for oral thrush. Using turmeric is effective and affordable. To treat the oral infection, you should combine turmeric with milk.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk with 3 teaspoons of turmeric paste to create a smooth mixture
- Swish this mixture around your mouth for a few minutes
- Spit it out
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water
You should repeat this treatment several times daily for a few days.
Check more: 40 Health Benefits of Turmeric Spice and Powder
19. Clove Oil
Clove oil has eugenol that contains antimicrobial properties. Moreover, clove is packed with antifungal properties. That is the reason why clove oil is considered as one of effective home remedies for oral thrush. The antiseptic effects of clove oil are beneficial in inhibiting the growth of yeast and bacteria.
- Add 3 or 4 drops of clove oil in a glass of warm water
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth to treat oral thrush
Alternatively, you can apply a few drops of clove oil to your tongue, cheeks, and other affected areas inside your mouth. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
If you want to get a satisfactory result, you should repeat this treatment several times a day for a few days.
20. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Lemongrass Oil
Lemongrass has been used in Brazilian folk medicine because of its anticonvulsant and hypnotic effects. Many studies found out that lemongrass is beneficial in lowering blood pressure and reducing inflammation. Lemongrass contains powerful antioxidants. According to the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, antifungal, antidiarrheal, antiseptic, antispasmodic and antibacterial properties of lemongrass can help to treat gastrointestinal and nervous disorders, and fever, as well as other health problems. Moreover, people also use lemongrass oil as one of natural home remedies for oral thrush. Lemongrass oil can inhibit the growth of Candia and prevent this problem from worsening . If you use this treatment for at least one week, you can see a significant improvement.
- Take a few drops of lemongrass oil
- Apply it to your tongue and areas inside your mouth using a cotton ball
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Keep reading: Top 24 Natural Home Remedies for Gastritis Pain Relief
The signs of oral thrush or the overgrowth of Candida Albicans is caused by several factors. They include antibiotics, oral contraceptives and unhealthy diet with high-fat, high sugar, and low-fiber foods. If we want to treat oral thrush effectively, you should stop the growth of Candida Albicans and yeast in the mouth. Onion is one of the home remedies for oral thrush we would like to introduce in this article. Onion contains allicin that can inhibit the growth of Candia and kill bad bacteria in your body.
Antifungal properties of onion fight the overgrowth of yeast. Phytochemicals and vitamin C in onion can boost the immune system. Therefore, using onion can fasten the healing process.
In order to get rid of white patches, red lesions, and soreness caused by oral thrush in your mouth, you should add onion in your daily diet. Alternatively, you can consume onion juice. Onion juice can be made with the help of blender or juicer.
People with vaginal infection should not digest onion.
22. Colloidal Silver
According to some evidence, taking colloidal silver  on a daily basis can help to treat oral thrush by getting rid of candida. It is not surprising as numerous colloidal silver uses have been known for years. For example, colloidal silver is beneficial in treating dandruff as well as fungal skin infections if used topically. Colloidal silver contains powerful and natural antifungal properties. Therefore, it can cure Candida yeast infections and fungal infections like oral thrush. To prevent candida and yeast growth or get rid of the symptoms of oral thrush, you can take colloidal silver after discussing its use and proper dosage with your doctor.
Here is another way:
- Take a tablespoon of colloidal silver
- Swish it around your mouth 2 or 3 times daily (each time lasts 5 minutes0
- Spit it out
- Rinse your mouth with water
Applying this solution daily, you can see the significant improvement within a few days. However, it is a great idea to repeat this treatment for more than one week. Therefore, looking for effective home remedies for oral thrush, you should not ignore colloidal silver.
Athlete’s foods, another fungal infection, can be treated with colloidal silver.
23. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide contains therapeutic properties that can help to get rid of the symptoms of oral thrush. Hydrogen peroxide can balance the bacteria in your mouth and kill off the bad bacteria and yeast causing oral thrush.
To use hydrogen peroxide as one of home remedies for oral thrush, you should do this:
- Add one teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide in cup of water
- Rinse your mouth daily with that solution daily to get a significant improvement
24. Homemade Smoothie
This homemade smoothie not only kills yeast and bacteria causing oral thrush but also improve the overall health.
You will need:
- Some chopped cucumber
- Some avocado
- A celery stick
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- 6 or 8 basil leaves
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of black salt
- Put all these ingredients in a blender
- Add 250 ml of fresh water in the blender
- Blend it well
- Consume it
It is recommended consuming half of this homemade smoothie in the morning with your empty stomach and then taking the rest of this smoothie before lunch.
25. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Cranberry Juice
According to some recent studies and research on phytochemicals of cranberry juice, the anti-adhesion properties of cranberry juice can fight against the growth of Candida albicans and yeasts causing oral thrush. Another study showed that the proanthocyanidins found in cranberry fruit and its juice contains antifungal properties that can treat oral thrush. Cranberry juice is one of excellent home remedies for oral thrush.
In order to improve the oral thrush condition and inhibit the growth of yeast in your mouth, you just need to drink cranberry juice daily. Cranberry juice products are available in supermarkets. However, it is important for you to check the sugar amount by reading the label.
It is a great idea if you can make cranberry juice at home.
You will need:
- 1 pound of cranberries
- 1 pound of apple chunks
- A little sugar (optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1-quart water
- Rinse the cranberries carefully under the running water to get rid of bacteria that infect the fruit
- Pour one quart of water in a large pot and boil it
- Add cranberries and apple chunks in the boiling water
- Let cranberries and apple chunks simmer for about 10 minutes until all the cranberries in the pot begin pot
- Remove the heat but let the mixture steep for at least 10 minutes
- Add a little sugar if you want something sweeter. It is recommended replacing sugar with honey
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to taste
- Drink it
If you want to make cranberry smoothie that is thicker than cranberry juice, you can use a blender to blend the cranberries with the water.
26. Castor Oil
Castor oil is packed with many healing effects and amazing benefits. One of its amazing benefits is that castor oil is used as one of home remedies for oral thrush. Ricinoleic acid present in castor oil contains high antimicrobial and antifungal properties that can kill bacteria, yeast, and mold. If used daily for 2 weeks, castor oil can reduce bacteria and yeast significantly. Castor oil is believed to remove toxins from your body.
Here is the instruction on how to use castor oil for oral thrush.
- Mix a tablespoon of castor oil with a glass of warm milk
- Drink it daily to cure oral thrush
You should repeat this treatment for at least one week.
Remember that overconsumption of castor oil can result in cramping, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea. Irregular heartbeat, dizziness, and physical weakness are also unwanted side effects of castor oil. You need to stop using castor oil if the unwanted side effects appear. Some people consuming castor oil have allergic reactions such as swelling, itching and rash in the throat, face, and tongue. Therefore, before using castor oil, you should consult your doctor. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should avoid using castor oil.
27. Plantain Seed
Another herb in a list of powerful home remedies for oral thrush that we would like to introduce in this article is plantain seed. It is believed that using plantain seed within just 2 or 3 days, the symptoms of oral thrush can disappear. However, if you suffer from oral thrush, you should repeat the treatment for a few weeks to get rid of the oral thrush completely and prevent this problem from reoccurrence.
Here is the instruction on how to use plantain seed as one of effective home remedies for oral thrush.
- Soak some plantain seeds in a sufficient amount of water
- Leave it overnight or a few hours until all the plantain seeds swell
- Crush them to create a gel-like paste
- Apply the paste to the white patches, lesions, and redness of oral thrush in your mouth
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
28. Lavender Oil
If you are looking for amazing natural home remedies for oral thrush in infants and adults, you should not ignore lavender oil. The fungicidal and fungistatic effects can prevent the spreading and growth of Candida albicans. Moreover, linalyl and linalool, compounds in lavender oil, reduce the oral infection. Lavender oil also contains antifungal properties. In this article, we would like to introduce the way how to use lavender oil as one of the natural home remedies for oral thrush.
- Take 1 or 2 drops of lavender oil
- Add it to your toothpaste
- Brush your teeth with that toothpaste every morning
29. Herbal Mouthwash
This herbal mouthwash includes Echinacea tincture that contains antifungal properties. Besides Echinacea tincture, you also need myrrh and licorice tincture.
In order to use herbal mouthwash for oral thrush, you should do this:
- Mix tincture of licorice, Echinacea, and myrrh in equal quantities
- Mix one teaspoon of this mixture with a glass of water
- Use this solution to wash your mouth
- Repeat this treatment three times daily to get a satisfactory result
Herbal mouthwash is one of natural home remedies for oral thrush you should know.
30. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Thyme Oil
Thyme is a member of the mint family. Because thyme possesses a sweet and earthy flavor, it has been used in cooking. Thyme is loaded with potential compounds including camphene, thymol, carvacrol, and linalool. Thyme oil can treat numerous skin conditions like acne and dry skin and many health problems such as high blood pressure, indigestion, muscle cramping, and heart disease. Because thyme oil contains antifungal properties, it can help to kill Candida albicans and yeast causing oral thrush.
- Take a few drops of thyme oil
- Apply it to the affected areas
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing your mouth with lukewarm water
- Repeat this treatment several times daily for a few days.
31. Red Reishi
Red reishi is a healthy food that is involved in a list of home remedies for oral thrush and other fungal infections. Red reishi is considered as a natural powerful booster. It contains numerous health benefits. If you suffer from oral thrush, you should consume red reishi because this food boosts the immune system and gives a significant relief.
Red Reishi contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties; therefore, consuming reishi can help to prevent the candida growth and reduce the symptoms of oral thrush . Red reishi can be taken as the form of supplement. Remember to consult your doctor carefully before taking.
Red reishi is loaded with nutrients including magnesium, potassium, fiber, and calcium. Reishi is beneficial for brain and nervous system. Moreover, eating red reishi on the regular basis is believed to reduce blood pressure and lower the risk of heart disease. Therefore, even if you do not suffer from oral thrush, you should include red reishi in your diet for the good health.
32. Green Tea
Looking for the natural safe home remedies for oral thrush in infants and children, you should consider green tea. Green tea is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants; therefore, it has many health and beauty benefits. For example, drinking green tea on a daily basis can help to improve the brain function, aid in weight loss, and lower the risk of cancer. Moreover, packed with antifungal properties, green tea is effective in treating oral thrush. Drinking green tea increases the healing process by boosting the immune system. The weak immune system may make you vulnerable to diseases caused by oxidants and radicals.
To treat oral thrush, you should drink three or four cups of green tea daily. Alternatively, green tea can be used topically as one of effective home remedies for oral thrush.
Here is the way how to use green tea topically:
- Rinse green tea leaves with water first
- Pour two cups of water in a pot and boil it
- Add clean green tea leaves and a little salt in the boiling water
- Remove the heat and strain the solution
- Let the green tea cool down
- Dip a cotton cloth in the green tea
- Wipe the tongue with that cotton cloth
It is recommended repeating this treatment a couple times daily until you see a significant improvement.
33. Black Walnut
One of the effective home remedies for oral thrush that can kill Candida is black walnut. Juglone, an active ingredient in black walnut, contains antifungal properties. Moreover, black walnut is rich in tannins that contribute many health benefits such as reducing high blood pressure, relieving diarrhea, curing thyroid diseases, and treating sore throat. Both infants and adults can use this treatment.
To use black walnut, you should do this:
- Add 2 drops of black walnut in a glass of warm water
- Consume it in the morning
- Repeat this treatment three times daily
34. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush With Boric Acid
Boric acid is one of home remedies for oral thrush in adults. It is safe; therefore, babies with oral thrush can use it too. You should use it on daily basis to get a satisfactory result. This remedy may fasten the healing process.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of boric acid in a cup of warm water
- Use this solution as a mouthwash
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth with water
- Repeat this treatment several times daily or a few days to get the best result
Because it is an acid, make sure that you do not swallow this solution.
35. Floss And Brush Your Teeth Frequently
To prevent the oral infection, you need to ensure that your mouth is always clean. It is recommended flossing once daily and brushing your teeth after each meal every day. Flossing and brushing on a daily basis can protect your teeth from damages and save your smile. If you do not brush your teeth and floss frequently, it can lead to problems related teeth health and result in the overgrowth of yeast in your mouth. You should read the label to determine the best toothpaste for you. Moreover, it is important for you to buy a new toothbrush after three months.
Read also: What Causes White Spots on Teeth in Children
36. Psyllium Seeds
Psyllium husks have been used for medicinal purposes for centuries because it can treat a wide range of health problems . Psyllium can help to maintain a healthy digestive system and boost the daily bowel movements. Therefore, people have used psyllium to treat many digestive problems. Moreover, psyllium is one of home remedies for oral thrush because it can kill candida. Psyllium contains laxative properties that can help to eliminate the toxins from your body. To treat numerous health conditions, psyllium can be taken in different forms such as a whole seed, powder, husk, husk with seed, and capsules. If you choose to take capsules, you should consult your doctor carefully before taking. Overconsumption may result in some unwanted side effects.
In this article, we would like to introduce the way on how to use psyllium seeds as one of the effective home remedies for oral thrush.
- Soak the psyllium seeds in a sufficient amount of water
- Leave them overnight to make psyllium seeds swell
- Crush it to create a gel-like substance
- Apply the substance to the affected areas on your cheeks and inside your mouth
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
To get a satisfactory result, the treatment with psyllium seeds for oral thrush should be repeated 2 or 3 times daily for up to 1 week.
37. Utilize Nursing Pads
Breastfeeding mom is recommended using nursing pads because it can prevent the oral infection transmission through the clothes. The nursing pads can protect your baby’s health when you have to feed him or her. It is important for you to know that a plastic barrier may stimulate the growth of candida and yeast. Therefore, the best and most suitable nursing pads for you should not contain a plastic barrier. To make sure that the candida and yeast do not spread to the baby, you should wash the bras as well as nursing pads with hot water frequently.
Keeping your mouth clean, using nursing pads and applying natural home remedies for oral thrush can help to reduce the symptoms of oral thrush.
38. Eat Healthy Foods
There is a strong connection between the diet and the immune system. Unhealthy processed foods may lead to weakened immune system. The oral thrush is caused by the weak immune system. Moreover, the poor natural defense of your body can worsen the oral infection by encouraging the growth of candida and yeast. Therefore, you should eat a healthy balanced diet with abundant of essential nutrients, minerals, and vitamins to enhance the immune system. Regular exercise and 8-hour deep sleep also help to boost the natural defense of your body too. Live-culture unsweetened yogurt is recommended as a good food for a strong immune system because it contains bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus . You should add onion and garlic into your diet because both garlic and onion contains antifungal properties that can help to heal the oral infection.
39. Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is included in a list of home remedies for oral thrush because it can prevent the growth of candida. Using bentonite clay can remove the toxins and get rid of the symptoms caused by bacteria or yeast. Moreover, bentonite clay contains great sources of minerals such as aluminum, silica, calcium and potassium. When mixed with water, bentonite clay is absorbed by the body easily and efficiently. Bentonite clay has been used to treat many health conditions such as diarrhea, gas or boost the detoxification process in your body. For oral thrush as well as other fungal infections, bentonite clay can be used orally or topically. You can take one teaspoon of bentonite clay daily for one week.
Here is another way:
- Mix bentonite clay with toothpaste
- Use it to brush your teeth 3 or 4 times daily
If you brush your teeth with bentonite clay, the white patches, red lesions and soreness in your mouth can reduce within 2 or 3 days. However, to get the best result, you should repeat this treatment for up to one week.
40. Home Remedies For Oral Thrush – Ginseng
Ginseng is an herbal remedy that fights the overgrowth of candida and one of natural home remedies for oral thrush. Ginseng has the ability to kill candida and improve the immune system.
To reduce the symptoms of oral thrush and fasten the healing process, you should make ginseng tea.
Here is the instruction:
- Prepare ginseng root, water and honey
- Peel and cut ginseng root into several slices
- Coat the ginseng slices with honey
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Pour hot water over the ginseng coated with honey
- Steep it for 5 to 10 minutes
- Strain the tea and drink it
You should drink two or three cups of ginseng tea daily. Herbalists say that ginseng can treat diabetes, increased blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other health conditions.
Find this: 27 Health and Beauty Benefits of Ginseng
Noni is a healing herb that contains many health benefits. This herb can boost the immune system and prevent the candida from growing. Therefore, it is one of good home remedies for oral thrush. Noni has antifungal properties. Noni is packed with nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. People like drinking noni juice. Noni juice is purchased as a ready-to-drink beverage in the supermarket. If you suffer from oral thrush, you should not choose the products that contain too much sugar. Sugary foods and beverages can stimulate the candida to grow.
These are 41 natural home remedies for oral thrush in infants & adults we would like to introduce to you in this article. Make sure that you keep your mouth clean and eat healthy foods. We hope this article is informative for you. If you have anything to share with us, leave your opinions bellow. Thank you for reading.
These are 41 home remedies for oral thrush I would like to introduce to you in this article. Make sure that you keep your mouth clean and eat healthy foods. I hope this article is informative for you. If you have anything to share with us, leave your opinions bellow. Thank you for reading.