Body odor is one of the common conditions that can happen to the youth or adolescents, especially in women. The bad odor occurs when the sweat glands in your body are overactive. Especially, sweat, when mixed with bacteria, can cause the unpleasant smell. This is because the bacteria can grow fast in the moist environment and then create the body odor. Besides, there are some other factors including the nutrient deficiency, poor hygiene, constipation, etc. which has the great influence on your body odor. If you use too many beverages, such as coffees, wines, spices, onions, and garlic, your body smell will be stronger. It’s the fact that body odor has not the serious impact on your health, but it makes you unconfident and discomforts as meeting with the others. Many people feel very embarrassed when they make a bad impression on the people around them because of body odor. Luckily, nowadays there are many effective home remedies to get rid of the bad smell that you should use for your problem. And most women choose lemon for body odor treatment because it contains the powerful antibacterial, antifungal, & acid properties to kill the harmful bacteria causing the unpleasant smell and to balance the pH levels for your body. Today, AllRemedies.com will reveal to you some of the effective remedies and uses of lemon for body odor naturally. Continue reading this article to understand more!
II. Why Is Lemon Good For Treating Body Odor?
- Thanks to the antifungal and antibacterial functions, lemon can help you relieve the microbes on your skin that produce too much sweat.
- This fruit is used as a natural deodorant to reduce the bad odor in the body because of its fresh citrusy aroma.
- Lemon contains the acidic property that can reduce the pH levels in the body and make it difficult for bacteria to grow.
- It is considered as an astringent that has the function of shrinking and closing the skin pores as well as eliminating the sweat production in your body.
- Using lemon water regularly will help you stimulate liver activity and remove the harmful toxins that can cause the body odor.
III. Top 12 Natural & Effective Remedies And Uses Of Lemon For Body Odor Treatment
1. Lemon For Odor Body
As you know, lemon is one of the most common fruits and has many benefits in our life. It has a large amount of natural acidic that can help to get rid of body odor effectively. Besides, thanks to its plentiful source of vitamin C, lemon can help you tighten the pores and nourish your skin. Therefore, many people have chosen the fresh lemon for odor body at home. In order to carry out this solution successfully, you shouldn’t ignore the direction below.
Remedy 1: Lemon Juice For Removing Body Odor
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it into halves
- Extract the juice of a lemon
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and rub it on the armpits and sweat producing parts in your body gently
- Let the lemon juice dry naturally
- Take a bath
- Do the method twice a day to remove body odor effectively
Note: If you have a sensitive skin, do not apply the pure lemon juice to the skin directly. The best way for your condition is to mix the lemon juice with the water in equal quantities for body smell treatment.
Remedy 2: Lemon Juice Spray
- Take two lemons and extract the juice from them
- Put it in a cup of water
- Pour the combination into a bottle of spray
- Apply it to all affected areas whenever your body has the bad odor
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Lemon For Body Odor
Apple cider vinegar has the acidic ingredient that can help to balance the pH levels and fight against the odor-causing bacteria in the body. Besides, it also has some other properties, such as flushing out the toxins from your body, boosting the digestive system, improving the liver’s function, etc., which make you reduce body odor quickly. Therefore, apple cider vinegar when mixed with lemon will bring you a wonderful natural remedy for removing body odor. Before doing this method, you shouldn’t skip the directions below.
- Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon
- Put a tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of warm water
- Stir them well and soak a cotton ball into the combination
- Wipe the underarms and other areas of your body with the wet cotton ball
- Keep it dry naturally, and then take a shower
- Repeat this method two times a day until your body odor is completely cured
3. Salt And Lemon For Body Odor
It can’t be denied that lemon is very high in antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties that help you avoid the bad smell under the armpits and remove the sebum as well. In addition, the lemon peel’s fragrance will limit the sweat production of the body. Meanwhile, salt has the great functions of absorbing the sweat and tightening the pores. Thus, in order to get rid of this problem quickly, it’s necessary for you to follow the steps of combining the salt with lemon for body odor below.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves
- Sprinkle a little bit salt over it
- Rub lemon under the arms or sweating parts of the body, squeeze it and make sure that the salt crystals can be combined with its juice
- Do this step for next 10 minutes; wait for another 10 minutes and then wash off with the water
- This remedy should be done once every day
4. Baking Soda And Lemon For Body Odor Treatment
Many researchers have proven that baking soda can be used as an excellent deodorant agent in order to reduce body odor effectively. In other words, this is an ideal element to absorb the moisture, kill the harmful bacteria and stop the excessive sweating production from your body . Like lemon, baking soda also helps you balance the pH levels of your skin and prevent the body from the bad odor. Therefore, baking soda and lemon is an effective home remedy that is used for stopping body odor successfully. Some following directions will be helpful for you to do this way with baking soda and lemon for body odor treatment.
- Squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon
- Put a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of baking soda and some water into a bowl
- Mix them well until the solution is soft and smooth like a fine paste
- Apply the mixture to the odorous areas of the body and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Don’t rub or scrub on those kin areas
- Wash off with the water
- You should use this home remedy every day for few weeks to ensure the best effects
5. Hydrogen Peroxide And Lemon For Body Odor
The lemon and hydrogen peroxide mixture is another remedy on how to use lemon for body odor treatment. Thanks to the strong disinfectant and antibacterial properties, hydrogen peroxide is known for killing the harmful bacteria and reducing the inflammation on the skin. Besides, it contains the antiseptic functions that can help you remove the dead skin cells and prevent body odor effectively. Meanwhile, the acidic property of lemon is a perfect ingredient to change the pH level of your skin as well as eliminate the bacteria that cause the bad smell of your body. If you want to know how to make the combination of hydrogen peroxide and lemon for body odor correctly, you should follow the processes below.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in a cup of water
- Dip a clean cloth in the combination and rub it on the underarms for 10 minutes
- Do this method twice a day until your problem is completely gone
6. Potato And Lemon For Body Odor
According to recent studies, potato contains many chemical compounds, such as cellulose, phosphor, calcium, etc. that have the effects of killing the bacteria and getting rid of body odor effectively. Besides, this nutritious food is regarded as the best remedy to take care of your skin because it has some useful vitamins including vitamin C, B6, K, etc. Therefore, many people usually mix potato with lemon for body odor treatment. Don’t ignore the following instructions if you want to cure the bad smell on your body without eroding the sensitive skin areas.
- Take a potato with medium size and peel it
- Grind it for making the paste
- Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with potato pulp, and stir them well
- Apply the solution to the bad odor areas
- Leave it on for half an hour, wash it with water or take a bath
- Use this process once a week
7. Tomato And Lemon For Body Odor
It is the fact that tomato is one of the most common ingredients in our daily meals because it contains many nutrients, such as lycopene, vitamin C, beta-carotene, etc. which have the functions of preventing the cardiovascular & cancer diseases and treating the mouth ulcers . Because of its antioxidant properties, tomato can help to reduce body odor and bring you a smooth & white skin. Besides, lemon is also widely used for cleaning the bacteria and curing the bad body smell effectively due to its antimicrobial and natural nitric acid functions. Consequently, using tomato and lemon for body odor is an excellent way to cleanse your underarms and brighten skin naturally.
- Take a medium – sized tomato, squeeze the juice and pulp from it
- Put a tablespoon of lemon juice in it and stir them well
- Apply the solution to your odor areas and wait for 10-15 minutes
- Take a bath to wash it off
- Follow this method one time in a day until you treat the bad odor definitely
Note: Before doing this tip, you should take a shower and pat the body dry to gain better results.
8. Witch Hazel And Lemon For Body Odor
If you are looking for some remedies and uses of lemon for body odor treatment successfully, don’t miss this tip. Witch hazel is not only a helpful product for balancing the skin’s pH level but also an amazing element for helping kill the odor-producing bacteria. This is because it can work as an astringent that can tighten the pores and lower the sweat production of the skin. It can be said that the mixture of witch hazel. The following directions will be useful to you when doing this method.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of witch hazel, and 2 tablespoons of water together
- Dip a cotton ball in this combination
- Wipe your underarms and affected areas with it and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Repeat this way twice day until your body odor is completely disappeared
9. Cornstarch And Lemon For Body Odor
Cornstarch and lemon is an ideal choice for taking care of human’s beauty and reducing body odor effectively. Cornstarch will help you stimulate the skin cell division, prevent wrinkles and brighten your kin as well. Especially, it can absorb the moisture and decrease the odor and sweat production under your arms successfully because this product contains many vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamin E, B1, C, B5, potassium, phosphorus, manganese and so on . Moreover, lemon is also an effective ingredient to cure the bad odor and relieve the sweat production of your skin due to its antibacterial and exfoliating functions. In order to use this method correctly, you should follow the directions below.
- Put 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a bowl
- Stir them well to make a smooth paste
- Apply it to the affected areas and let it dry naturally
- Wash off with the water
- This remedy should be done once a day
10. Wheatgrass Juice And Lemon For Body Odor
In fact, wheatgrass contains a large amount of chlorophyll that helps you to reduce the sweat production by balancing the acids and toxins in your body . In addition, it is also rich in vitamin B and proteins which can control the body temperature and decrease the body’s bad smell. Therefore, wheatgrass, when combined with lemon, will eliminate this unpleasant problem completely. To gain the highest effects on getting rid of the body odor, it’s necessary for you to do the steps below.
- Take a tablespoon each of lemon juice and wheatgrass juice, and then put them in a half cup of water
- Stir them well
- You should drink this mixture in the morning when your stomach is empty
- Follow this way every morning until the bad smell from your body is definitely cured
11. Honey And Lemon For Body Odor
Honey has long been known as a wonderful medicine for beauty care and skin disease treatment because it has many important components, such as vitamin E, vitamin C, folic acids, and minerals that are very good for your skin . Especially, the antibiotic in honey will have beneficial in destroying the harmful bacteria as well as inhibiting their growth effectively. Meanwhile, lemon has the acidic properties that can be mixed with honey to make it an effective method for curing body odor. If you are suffering from this problem, don’t skip the following directions to treat it quickly!
- Make the combination of lemon juice, honey, and sugar in the equal quantities
- Apply the solution to your underarms and rub it gently for some minutes
- Let it sit for another few minutes
- Wash off with the water
- Continue doing the same process regularly until you completely get rid of the body odor
12. Cucumber And Lemon For Body Odor
Cucumber and lemon mixture is ideal to get rid of body odor successfully. Cucumber contains the astringent properties that can reduce the sweat production and the bad smell from your body . Moreover, lemon can change the PH level of the body as well as stop the growth of bacteria that cause the terrible odor for you. To avoid this condition quickly, it’s recommended that you should combine cucumber with lemon for body odor in the following instructions.
- Squeeze the juices from lemon and cucumber
- Combine 2 ingredients together, and then stir them well
- Apply the solution to the affected areas with the cotton balls
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Wash off with the cold water
- Do it regularly before going to bed
Note: You should keep this combination in refrigerator about 20-30 minutes before using it to get the best effect.
IV. Tips & Precautions
- Lemon juice easily makes your skin sensitive to the sun, so you have to avoid contacting with the sun directly when applying lemon juice. It’s best to use this remedy at night before going to sleep.
- You should use fresh lemon should in order to gain the positive effects of vitamin C _ a substance that acts as an antioxidant and has the function of supporting the immune system.
- You shouldn’t apply too much lemon juice to your skin. This is because lemon contains the high acid properties that can remove the natural oil layer and change the pH level of the skin. In addition, if your skin is sensitive, you should use a little bit of lemon juice to prevent the skin from irritation.
- It’s necessary for you to take a shower every day
- There are some foods including spicy foods, onion, garlic, etc. that should be limited because they can cause body odor
- It’s recommended that drinking a lot of water is one of the best ways to eliminate toxins from your body. Besides, you should add vegetables to your daily meals to get the best efficiency.
- The regular physical hygiene also helps you get rid of the odor-causing bacteria in your body
Check also: 23 Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor in Women
It can be confirmed that body odor is not dangerous, but this problem is always an undesired thing to your body. Many people felt uncomfortable and stressed due to their smell. Most of them always look for the best remedies in order to cure that odor correctly. And lemon is an excellent compound that helps you treat body odor completely. We hope that the information in this post on natural remedies and uses of lemon for body odor treatment will be useful to you. If you have any comments, questions or recommendations, leave your ideas at the end of the post. Follow the treatment for other skin & hair conditions in Skin Care and learn more.