Are you in trouble with the smell of body? You feel uncomfortable and troublesome because of your body odor. Although you try to keep a good cleaning mode, it’s difficult to find a way that removes unpleasant odors. Instead of using expensive and complex methods why don’t we apply some natural measures such as baking soda to soothe itching and kill fungi that cause body odor? Today, AllRemedies.com would like to introduce to you some effective ways on how to use baking soda for body odor.
Why Does Baking Soda Help To Treat Body Odor?
As far as we concerned, benefits of baking soda are so abundant. Baking soda is not only a popular household item but also is an ingredient that helps get rid of body odor.
Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate which has antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties .
- It may absorb moisture from your skin and keep it dry
- It may prevent body odor due to its properties
- It will kill bacteria or fungi
- It can neutralize the body to prevent sweat and odor
- The pH level of the parts will be in control to fight the acids in sweat.
Top 11 Effective Ways On How To Use Baking Soda For Body Odor
If you want to get rid of body odor by natural methods, baking soda is a favorable selection to help you improve your issue. These are 11 home remedies that solve body odor easily and effectively; you can try. These remedies can help you treat symptoms of body odor, as well as keeping it dry and clean.
1. Baking Soda For Body Odor
Baking soda helps absorb the excess moisture from your body. It is considered as a natural deodorant that kills bacteria and alkalizes the body to hostile the sweat and odor.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp. of baking soda on the area where you sweat the most.
- Wait for a few minutes to absorb the moisture.
- Clean carefully
- Put 1-2 tbsp. of baking soda into a bowl and add water
- Mix them well to prepare a paste
- Water infected area and spread this paste on them
- Massage for a few minutes and then keep it uninterrupted for 5-10 minutes
- Clean again with water
- Maintain this method regularly
2. Lemon Juice & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Lemon has a high content of vitamin C, so it helps take care of your skin. Moreover, lemon juice kills bacteria with its citric acid, the antibacterial and antifungal properties . The acidic nature of lemon may reduce the pH levels of the body that create it inhospitable for bacterial growth. The lemon helps to tighten the pores so that it reduces sweat causing body odor. This method made from baking soda with lemon juice is popularly known as the best ways to treat body odor.
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp.
- Mix baking soda and lemon juice in a bowl and then mix them well
- Apply this mixture on your body where you want with a cotton pad or fingertips
- Keep this application undisturbed for 10-15 minutes
- Wash again with water carefully and dry your body
- Follow daily for a few weeks
- You should carry on this remedy in evening
3. Cornstarch & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Both baking soda and cornstarch are powders that absorb moisture. The two can also be mixed for a combination application.
- Baking soda: ½ cup
- Cornstarch: ½ cup
- Tea tree oil: 10 drops
- Mix baking soda and cornstarch in a mixing bowl
- Add tea tree oil to mixing bowl
- Pour this mixture into a container
- Take a shower with this mixture every day
- Massage your body for few minutes then remove excess mixture
- Follow this process for a few weeks
4. Alum Powder, Rubbing Alcohol, & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Alum is one of the most popular home remedies for treating body odor due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Also, Alum has antimicrobial properties that inhibit the growth of odor. Actually, due to the nature of alcohol, bacteria will never be resistant to it. They cannot develop a resistance to it. Thus, rubbing alcohol is 100% effective for treating odor .
- Baking soda: 2 tbsp.
- Alum powder: 4 tbsp.
- Rubbing alcohol: 225 ml
- Mix three fore-mentioned ingredients in a spray bottle
- Stir it well
- Maintain it in dry and clean place
- Apply in the area where you desire
5. Natural Oils & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Homemade natural deodorant from baking soda and essential is completely harmless for your body. This remedy not only gets rid of body odor but also takes care of your skin due to benefits of natural oil.
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp.
- Oil: 3-4 drops
- Mix baking soda with water to prepare a paste
- Add an essential oil you favor such as lavender, lemon, vanilla oil in this paste
- Stir them well
- Apply this paste to odor prone area for 15-20 minutes
- Wash again with warm water slowly
- You should maintain this method regularly for best results
6. Coconut Oil & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Coconut oil cannot only restore and shield you from germs causing body odor but also assist your body’s natural stability. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid that aids in eliminating the bacteria or fungi. Making this combination is an effective way to treat body odor and take care of the skin.
- Baking soda: 3-4 tbsp.
- Coconut oil: 3 tsp.
- Shea butter: 2 tsp.
- Essential: 2-3 drops
- Arrowroot powder: 2 tsp.
- Mix Shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can pour some water into a saucepan, boil it, and then put coconut oil & Shea butter into a glass dish with a lid.
- Boil them until they are melted completely
- Stir it well and then add essential oil of your choice
- Leave it cool down for 5-10 minutes
- Store it in an airtight container
- Apply this to the most odor prone areas such as armpits, feet, groin, etc.
- Regularize the application daily
7. Baking Soda Bath
Apart from helping how to get rid of body odor, baking soda also aids in relaxing, caring for your skin, and releasing all toxins out of the body.
- Baking soda: ¼ cup
- Warm water
- Prepare sufficient amount of warm water
- Add baking soda to a bath
- Stir it well
- Taking a relaxing bath for 20-25 minutes
- Maintain the method regularly for best results
8. Salt, Essential Oils, & Baking Soda For Body Odor
Salt can kill bacteria that cause the smell of your body due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Meanwhile, essential oils are beneficial in skin & body care, and reduce sweating. Thus, baking soda with salt and essential oils bath not only helps you relax but also treat body odor
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp.
- Kelp powder: 1 tbsp.
- Epsom salt: 2 tbsp.
- Dead Sea salt: 3 tbsp.
- Lavender oil: 6 drops
- Lemon balm oil: 3 drops
- Lemon oil: 6 drops
- Prepare a bath of warm water
- Add baking soda, Epsom salt, Dead Sea salt into the bath and then mix well
- Continue adding kelp powder then mix
- Add an essential oil you desire such as lemon balm oil, lemon oil, or lavender oil in it
- Soak your body in this bath for half hour
- Taking this bath 2-3 times a week
9. Apple Cider Vinegar, Borax, Water, & Baking Soda For Body Odor
As you know, apple cider vinegar can control the pH levels of the body. It also reduces body odor because this destroys bacteria causing body odor. Boric acid in borax has long been applied as an antiseptic due to bactericidal and fungicidal properties. Thus, the mixture of baking soda, apple cider vinegar, borax significantly helps to reduce body odor.
- Baking soda: ½ tsp.
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tsp.
- Borax: a pinch
- Water: 1 liter
- Pour all the ingredients into water
- Stir them well
- Apply this application for 3-5 days then give a break of 2-3 days
10. Baking Soda For Foot Odor
Baking soda is an excellent exfoliating agent. Baking soda helps absorb the excess moisture from your foot when you perspire. Using baking soda may aid in treating foot odor by killing bacteria and fungi.
- Baking soda: 4 tbsp.
- Warm water: 4 cups
- Pumice stone: 1
- Moisturizing lotion
- Add baking soda to the warm water bucket
- Mix them well
- Soak your feet in it for 15-20 minutes
- Using a pumice stone, remove the dead skin slowly off your soles and feet
- Massage your feet with moisturizing lotion
- Apply this method once a week to treat foot odor
11. Baking Soda For Armpits Odor
Like foot odor, baking soda also helps to treat armpit odor. Moreover, using baking soda regularly can make your armpits skin lighter and smoother.
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice: 3 tbsp.
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp.
- Mashed cucumber: 1 tbsp.
- Add all of the ingredients a bowl
- Mix them well until you get a smooth mixture
- Apply this mixture to your armpits for 10 minutes
- Wash off the paste with water then dry with a towel
- Maintain this method twice a week for best results
Tips And Precaution
- Avoid using baking soda that has been stored for a long time
- Avoid applying this method on the infected area
- You should be suggested by your doctor when you are in troubles with using baking soda
- Dry your body after applying this method and then wearing the clothes
- Stop the usage of baking soda when there is any redness or irritation
- Be sure to wear clean underwear and clothes daily; you ought to choose natural materials such as silk, wool, cotton
- Wash the underarm twice a day with germicidal soap
- Cutting the hairs in the armpits regularly may control armpits odor
- You should drink a lot of water
- Limit using alcohol or drinking caffeine
- Boost supplying kinds of vitamin, fruits, the herb tea to remove all of the toxins
If you want to release body odor, you can try to carry out 11 above-mentioned methods. Good luck and we hope that you would like to achieve success in treatment body odor. Please leave your comment in this article, if you have other ways on how to use baking soda for body odor or any questions. Follow the treatment for other skin & hair conditions in How To and learn more.