Dark skin may be caused by environmental pollution, overexposure to the sun, a medical condition, stress, dry skin, etc. A lot of people work hard in order to achieve flawless and fair skin. Nowadays, the market has many skin-lightening lotions and creams. However, such products contain harmful chemicals and expensive, too. You can save some money and time by using natural remedies. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you 33 easy ways on how to get lighter skin fast and naturally. This writing listed the best ways to get lighter skin from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 34 easy ways on how to get lighter skin in more detail!
Top 33 Easy Ways On How To Get Lighter Skin Color Fast And Naturally
Seeking how to get lighter skin color with natural ingredients, honey would rank among the best remedy for skin care.
Honey acts as a moisturizing agent to help bleach skin. In addition, honey also contains antibacterial properties that can help fade acne scars and age spots as well. For the optimal results, what you need to do:
- The first step is to apply pure honey to the face.
- Allow it on for several minutes and next rinse your face off with lukewarm water.
- This simple way will help get rid of dead skin cells, making the skin appear fresher and brighter than ever before. You had better do this process once every day.
- Another option is to make a skin-lightening mask by combining 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey, powdered milk (one tablespoon), and almond oil (one-half teaspoon).
- Mix them well and then apply it gently on your skin.
- Allow it on for about 10 to15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. You had better follow this every other day.
2. How To Get Lighter Skin – Lemons
The acidic property present in lemons acts as a natural bleaching agent for your skin and the powerful amount of vitamin C in them also encourages new cell growth. Plus, lemons contain antioxidants that are very effective and good for skin complexion. How to get lighter skin with lemon?
- Take freshly squeezed lemon juice and next immerse a cotton ball in it.
- Then apply it directly to the face.
- Alternatively, you can even apply one cut lemon directly over your affected skin and then keep this juice to stick to your skin. Allow it on for at least 1 hour and then rinse your face with water. You should do this once every day. This simple way will surely lighten the skin complexion. Furthermore, it may also prevent the development of scars on the face.
- Another tip is to mix lemon juice (three teaspoons) and turmeric powder or tomato juice (one teaspoon) to form a paste. Then apply this paste on your skin and allow it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with water. It is recommended to do this once every day.
- Alternatively, you can mix together 1 teaspoon each of powdered milk, honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the skin and wait for at least 20 minutes before washing it off. You can do this every day or every other day.
Note: Make sure that there are no open wounds on the while using above methods. The acidic nature of lemon juice may cause pain in the open wounds.
As you know, yogurt contains many nutrients that are great for your skin. Also, it also contains lactic acid that contains bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types. How to get lighter skin fast with yogurt?
- Gently apply plain yogurt onto the skin. Allow it on for some minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. You should follow this once every day for a couple of weeks to see a significant improvement in your complexion.
- Alternatively, you can mix fresh yogurt (one tablespoon) with honey (one-half tablespoon). Apply this mixture on your neck and face. Allow it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water. You had better do this every day to improve your skin complexion and tone.
- The other method is to add some oatmeal and a little lemon juice to yogurt to form a thick paste, and then apply this paste as a face mask. This method will also help maintain your skin moisturized and supple.
The major ingredient in orange is vitamin C that is very good for skin care. In addition, oranges also contain bleaching properties that can help lighten your skin tone. Regular drinking of fresh orange juice may greatly improve the overall texture of the skin and its suppleness as well. To get lighter your skin color, oranges can be applied in two different ways.
- Create a paste by combining orange juice (two tablespoons) and powdered turmeric (a pinch). Then, apply this paste on your neck and face before bedtime. You can also rub it on the hands and legs. Rinse it off the next morning. It is recommended to do this every day.
- Alternatively, grind dried peels of orange into powder. Mix the powdered peels (one tablespoon) with plain yogurt (one tablespoon) to make a paste. Then, apply the paste on the skin and keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. This process will help lighten spots as well as other marks on the face. You should do this about once or twice one week.
5. How To Get Lighter Skin – Gram Flour
Looking for how to get lighter skin with natural ingredient, you cannot pass gram flour. Especially, it has various nutrients that can help maintain your skin very healthy. To use gram flour for lightening your skin, here are detailed instructions:
- Mix a little gram flour with water or rose water (a small amount) to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the face, hands, and legs.
- Leave it on till the paste dries. Finally, rinse it off with water.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can help remove hyperpigmentation and also restore the skin’s original color. The hyperpigmentation is one of the major causes of uneven skin tone. Moreover, the cooling effect in aloe vera helps rebuild damaged tissue and regenerate new cells, which is essential for healthy skin. To apply aloe vera gel for lightening dark spots as well as improving your overall skin complexion, here are detailed directions:
- The first step is to cut the outer layers of a leaf of aloe vera. Then squeeze out the thick, jelly-as substance.
- Apply the gel over on your skin.
- Allow it on for about half an hour, and then rinse it off with water.
- You should do this at least two times every day for two weeks.
Note: You can buy aloe vera gel in the market if you do not have an aloe vera plant.
Papaya is considered as one of the best fruit for various beauty treatments. Also, it can be used to brighten your skin complexion as papaya contains natural bleaching properties and many nutrients that are important for your healthy skin. How to get lighter skin with papaya?
- Simply, eat papaya as one fruit.
- Alternatively, you can apply the inner part of a papaya skin on your face. Leave it to dry. Next, rinse your face with cold water and then pat it dry. This tip will give the skin a nice glow. You should do this every day.
- Another option is to mash one ripe papaya and then mix it with freshly squeezed lemon juice (one cup). Massage this mixture all over the face and neck. Allow it on for at least half an hour before rinsing it off with cold water. You had better follow this at least once per week in order to notice a significant change in the skin tone.
8. How To Get Lighter Skin – Turmeric
Seeking on how to get lighter skin color with natural ingredient, turmeric is also a wonderful choice. Especially, turmeric contains antioxidant and antiseptic properties that are great for the skin’s overall health. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Mix turmeric powder with milk cream to form a thick paste. Then apply this paste on your skin. Leave it to dry and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. It is suggested to do this remedy regularly as this treatment is really effective for your skin whitening.
- Alternatively, you can mix gram flour (two teaspoons), turmeric powder (one-half teaspoon) and lemon juice (one teaspoon). Apply this mask and then allow it on for about 20 to 25 minutes or till it is dry. Finally, scrub off this dried mask and wash the skin with lukewarm water.
Using cucumber is also considered as one of the easiest ways for skin care. Cucumber contains a cooling effect on the skin. Especially, cucumber is suitable for all types of skin. How to get lighter skin tone with cucumber?
- Directly place cucumber slices on your dark skin areas. Allow them on for several minutes, next remove them and finally rinse your skin off with lukewarm water. You should do this way two times every day.
- Alternatively, you can make a spot-reducing mask by grating a cucumber and then mix it with a little honey. Apply this mask on the face and neck. Allow it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It is recommended to follow this tip two times every day for effective results.
- You can also mix 1 teaspoon each of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply it on the face and then leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes or till it dries. Rinse it off with water. You should do this once every day.
Oatmeal helps exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and supple. To apply oatmeal for lightening your skin, here are step by step directions:
- Mix tomato juice with oatmeal and then apply this mixture on your face. Allow it on for about 20 minutes and lastly, rinse it off with cold water. While washing, apply it gently so that this oatmeal can fight off the dead skin cells. You should do this daily.
- Alternatively, you can mix oatmeal powder (one teaspoon), turmeric (a pinch) and lemon juice (a few drops) to create a thick paste. Then apply this paste on the face and let it dry. Rinse the dry mask off with water. You had better do this once every day.
11. How To Get Lighter Skin – Milk
Milk is a high source of calcium that can help regulate normal skin color. Also, milk contains lactic acid which decreases skin’s pigmentation making the skin lighter in complexion.
How to get lighter skin with milk?
- 1 bowl of milk (preferably goat’s or cow’s milk)
- Take this bowl of milk and then warm it a little, not hot.
- Dip your washcloth in this.
- Take out this washcloth and next wring it out in order to discard excessive milk.
- Now gently rub the skin with the help of this cloth.
- Once this cloth gets dry, dip it again in the milk and then repeat this process.
- Repeat the cycle of soaking and rubbing for about 3-4 times.
- You should do this every day, preferably after taking bath.
- After several weeks, you can do this process two times per week instead of doing it every day.
12. Rice Powder
In Asian countries, many women use rice powder and rice water to whiten and tone their skin. Rice is a high source of PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid) which works as a natural sunscreen. When you use PABA, it increases Vitamin C level in the body. Rice also contains an antioxidant, ferulic acid which when included to Vitamin C and E, brings you great protection against the sun.
How to get lighter skin color with rice powder?
- ½ – 1 cup of uncooked rice
- Milk – enough to form a paste
- Warm water
- Grind this rice in order to have its fine powder.
- Then add enough milk to this fine rice powder in order to make a paste. You can even use water to make this paste if you are allergic to milk,
- Apply the rice powder paste on your face and neck.
- Leave for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- You should repeat 2-3 times per week.
13. Licorice Root Extract
Licorice root extract has long been used by other Asian Medicine systems and Ayurveda to cure a lot of medical conditions including skin diseases such as eczema and psoriases. Licorice has the active compound ‘glabridin’ which works to inhibit the enzyme causing the skin to darken thanks to sun exposure. Also, the glabridin also helps reduce the production of melanin and in balancing the skin cells as well.
How to use licorice extract for getting lighter skin?
Licorice extract is readily available in health stores. But you can also make licorice extract at home by boiling or steeping the licorice root.
- Take licorice extract (a few drops) and then with the help of a swab and a cotton ball, apply one thin layer of the extract all over the face and neck.
- Leave this entire night and rinse off in the morning.
Another choice is to create a face mask with the licorice extract.
How to make licorice extract face mask for brightening skin?
- A few drops of licorice extract
- 1 small or a half of cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood paste
- 1 tbsp of tomato juice
- Grind this cucumber in a blender.
- Add licorice root extract (a few drops) to this cucumber paste.
- Now add sandalwood paste, lemon juice and tomato juice to this.
- Mix well and then apply this mixture to your face and neck.
- Leave it for about half an hour or until it dries out completely.
- Wash it off.
- You should repeat two times a week.
14. How To Get Lighter Skin – Citrus Fruits Peels
The membranes and peels of citrus fruits have Hesperidin that is a bioflavonoid. The citrus bioflavonoid such as hesperidin can facilitate the production of vitamin C complex that is known a beneficial ingredient not only for your skin health but also for the immune system. Apart from adding citrus fruits in your diet, you can make a face mask from the orange peels for skin lightening.
- Enough dried orange peel to get 1 teaspoon powder
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt (plain)
- The first step is to grind the dried orange peel in order to get 1 tablespoon of its powder.
- Then mix it with plain yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck.
- Leave it there for about 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
15. Almond Oil
Almond oil has many components good for your skin including fatty acids, phytosterols, and minerals, vitamins E, B2, B6, PP. Therefore, almond oil helps in lightening your skin and evened out the skin complexion. Also, it protects you from wrinkles, removes blemishes and makes your skin glow with radiance.
How to get lighter skin color with almond oil
- Take a little sweet almond oil.
- Then warm this oil up a little by indirect heat. Simply, you can take this oil in one steel bowl and then place this bowl in one bigger bowl filled hot water. Next, remove it after some time.
- Use this warm almond oil to massage your face and neck.
- Do this for about10-15 minutes.
- Afterward, gently press one tissue over the face in order to remove the excess oil.
- You should follow this every night before bedtime.
- Do this for about 15 days and then follow it about 2-3 times per day, ultimately decreasing it to once per week.
16. Kojic Acid
Kojic acid is a natural compound. It derived from mushrooms and other such fungi. This acid will help prevent melanin formation by preventing tyrosinase activity. Your darker skin naturally gets whitened when the melanin production pauses.
How to get lighter skin color naturally with Kojic acid?
- Clean your face properly.
- Take ½ to 1 teaspoon of the kojic acid.
- Mix it with your regular cream, gel or lotion.
- Apply this solution to your face and neck, two times a day.
- You should do this way for about 1-2 months.
Note – If you own sensitive skin, you must test it before using Kojic acid.
17. How To Get Lighter Skin – Tomatoes
Tomato is also a natural bleaching agent thereby making a good skin whitening agent. In addition, tomatoes have astringent and cooling properties and are also high in vitamin C. Hence it becomes a perfect and effective remedy for skin lightening if you own an acne prone or oily skin. Moreover, the natural acidic composition in tomatoes will help balance your skin pH and also remove excessive oil apart from making your skin white. Plus, its antioxidants will combat the free radicals too in order to provide you a younger looking skin.
How to use tomatoes for skin lightening
- You can use tomatoes with avocado if you have a combination skin or a mixed skin. Mash one small avocado’s pulp with one small tomato. Then apply this to the face. Allow for about 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- The other option is to add buttermilk (four tablespoons) to tomato juice (two teaspoons). Then apply to the face and neck by a cotton ball or your fingers. Allow for half an hour and wash off. Do this regularly.
- Alternatively, you can add lemon juice (few drops) to tomato juice (a tablespoon). Apply this solution to your face and neck. Keep for about 15 minutes before rinsing off.
- Take one small tomato and next grate it to get its pulp. Then apply this pulp on your skin. Allow it for some time to dry and after that reapply coat of tomato pulp. You should repeat this cycle for at least 15 minutes. Lastly, wash off with water.
- Or, you can add yogurt (2 tablespoons) to small tomato’s pulp. Then apply this to the skin. Leave for about 20 minutes and then rinse off.
18. Fruit Pack
As you see, fruits can provide you with naturally glowing skin and also work wonders for your skin. You can prepare a fruit pack by mixing the pulp of an avocado, cucumber, and papaya. Then add cream or malai (2 teaspoons). Mix well to make a paste and then apply this paste all over your face. Allow it for about 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
19. Lemon Juice, Milk Powder & Almond Oil
How to get lighter skin with the combination of lemon juice, milk powder, and almond oil?
- 1 teaspoon of milk powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil
Method to Follow:
- Mix milk powder, almond oil, and lemon juice.
- Then apply this mixture to the skin.
- Allow it there for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
20. Sandalwood & Almond Oil
Way to use sandalwood and almond oil for Skin whitening:
- Sandalwood paste
- Almond oil
Method to follow:
- Mix almond oil and sandalwood paste
- Apply this on the skin
- Leave for at least 20 minutes
- Clean it off
21. How To Get Lighter Skin – Almond Milk Paste
How to get lighter skin color with almond milk?
- Almonds – 8-10
- Milk- 1/2 container
Method to follow:
- Absorb almond milk entire night.
- Then drudgery them to get pasted in the morning.
- If necessary you can add more milk.
- Apply this mix on the skin.
- Leave for about 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off.
22. Dark Gram And Almond Pack
Way to use the combination odd dark gram and almond pack
- 1 tablespoon of dark gram
- Almonds- 4
- Milk- 1 container
Method to follow:
- Splash almonds and dark gram in milk overnight.
- Crush the thing to make a paste in the morning.
- Apply on your skin and leave for half an hour.
- Wash it off.
23. Tomato, Yogurt, And Oatmeal
How to get lighter skin color naturally with the combination of tomato, yogurt, and oatmeal?
All you need to do is to mix oatmeal (a tablespoon) with tomato juice (a tablespoon) and yogurt each. Then mix well till it forms into one thick paste. Later apply this paste on the face as a mask and allow it on for half an hour. Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water.
24. Milk, Lemon Juice, And Honey
Make sure that you use the fresh lemon juice for this treatment. For the optimal results, you can mix together one tablespoon of lemon juice and milk each. Next, add in honey (a teaspoon). Lemon can dry your skin out while honey works as a moisturizing agent. Mix all ingredients well and then apply to cleansed face. Allow it on for about 20 minutes before washing off.
25. Turmeric, Sandalwood, And Milk
The mixture of sandalwood, turmeric, and milk is another trusted way to lighten your skin naturally and fast. For the expected effects, you need to prepare sandalwood powder (two tablespoons), turmeric powder (a teaspoon) and some milk. Then add the milk little by little till one thick paste is formed. Afterwards, apply this paste on your face and allow it on for at least 20 minutes before washing off.
26. How To Get Lighter Skin – Oatmeal And Sugar
Sugar and oatmeal to whiten skin naturally and fast? All you need to do is to get about 3 tablespoons of sugar and a handful of oatmeal. Then mix it with some lemon juice till one coarse scrub is formed. But make sure that you do not make this paste too smooth. After that, you can use the paste to scrub the face and neck and finally, wash off as usual. It is suggested to do this two times in a week.
27. Milk And Saffron
How to use the combination of milk and saffron for skin lightening?
All you need to do is to mix saffron (a few strands) in milk (half a cup) and keep aside an entire night to soak. Add ground almonds (3 tablespoons) to this mixture, and then leave the preparation for about an hour. Afterward, you can apply the paste on the body and pat it dry. When this mask is dry, you remove it by rubbing your skin gently. Lastly, rinse it with clear water.
28. Lemon Juice, Milk, And Chickpea Flour
How to get lighter skin fast & naturally with lemon juice, milk, and chickpea flour?
All you need to do is to mix together milk (one teaspoon), lemon juice (three to four drops) and a little chickpea flour in order to make a soft dough and then apply it all over the face and neck. Wait and let it stand for about 15 minutes before rinsing away with cold water. You should repeat this skin lightening remedy every 2 weeks. It will help improve your complexion.
29. Tea Water And Honey Face Pack
How to use this combination for skin lightening?
- All you need to do is to take tea water (1 cup) (cooled down), rice flour (2 spoons) and honey (½ a spoon).
- Mix all these ingredients and then apply on the skin.
- Apply this mixture on your face and allow it for about 20 minutes or more. However before washing your face with water, make sure that you massage your facial skin in circular motions, as this is very important to improve the skin tone and removes the dead skin.
30. Make A Lemon Mask
A lemon mask is also another good way for skin lightening.
- For one skin-lightening mask, you can mix together lemon juice (one tablespoon), cucumber juice (one tablespoon), tomato juice (one tablespoon) and sandalwood paste (one tablespoon) into one paste. Then apply to your skin and let sit about 15-20 minutes. Lastly, wash with warm water and moisturize.
- For dry skin, you need to mix together 1 tablespoon of powdered milk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and essential oil (2 drops). Apply to your skin and then let it sit for about 20-25 minutes. Finally, wash with warm water and moisturize.
31. How To Get Lighter Skin – Lemon Exfoliator
An exfoliant may help lighten your skin by sloughing off the top layer of dead skin cells, or epidermis and by consuming the natural lightening components of citric acid as well.
- For a lemon exfoliant, you should mix together brown sugar (2 tablespoons), 1 egg white, and lemon juice (1 teaspoon).
- Massage exfoliant into your skin with the help of gentle circular motions. Then, gently scrub or leave rest for about 10-15 minutes. Finally, rinse with warm water and moisturize.
32. Coconut Water
Coconut water also helps lighten the skin, leaving it supple and soft. Coconut water is low in calories and is also a great source of essential minerals. For the best results, you can try immersing one cotton ball in this coconut water, and then wipe this liquid over the face, or any other area you want to lighten. Especially, you no need to rinse off. Alternatively, you can also take coconut water in order to hydrate your skin from the inside out.
How to get lighter skin with beetroot? All you need to do is to rub diced beetroot slice in one circular movement for about 15 minutes on your face. Then rinse it off with soap. This way will give an instant glow to your face. Alternatively, you can mix turmeric with beetroot juice and then apply on your skin and lastly, rinse it off after about 15 minutes. This way is an excellent treatment for people having dark skin in order to help brighten their complexion.
How To Get Lighter Skin – Additional Tips:
- Take one slice of pumpkin and then add milk (a teaspoon) and an egg yolk. Later, apply this mask on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes or till it dries up. Clean it with the help of damp cotton wool. This method will give instant freshness to your face and makes it bright and clear.
- Take radish juice (a teaspoon) mixed with buttermilk (1 teaspoon). Apply it on your face and allow it for 30 minutes. Then rinse off with water. This keeps your face wrinkle free and glowing.
- Grind a couple leaves of cabbage, honey (a teaspoon), and yeast (¼ teaspoon) dissolved in water. Apply this solution on your face and neck. Wipe with a wet cotton wool after 15 minutes. This is an excellent remedy for skin lightening, maintaining it blemish free.
- Boil leaves of lettuce in water. Strain and then store it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Later, wash your face with the water for a clear complexion.
- Take raw pureed spinach (a cup) with fresh cream (a tablespoon). Mix well and then apply on your face. Allow it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with tepid water.
- Mix carrot juice to honey (a teaspoon). Apply on your face and neck. Allow it for about 20 minutes. Finally, wash the face with water combined with plain soda.
- Make a paste of one red or green bell pepper (capsicum). Then apply this mixture on to the face. Leave for about 15 minutes. Wash with cold water. The sweet pepper acts as a good cleanser and also gives an instant glow.
- Take onion juice (a tablespoon) mixed with honey (half tablespoon) and then apply all over your face and neck. Let dry and wipe off gently with a wet cloth.
- Mix lime juice (2 tablespoons) with a pinch of turmeric powder and then apply on the face and neck. Rinse off after about 15 minutes in order to brighten the skin and get glowing and smooth complexion.
- Crush about 2-3 fresh strawberries and then add honey (a drop) and lemon juice (a few drops) to this. Leave it on your face and neck for about 15 – 20 minutes and finally, wash it off.
- Take cooked oats (1 tablespoon) – well mashed and then add a teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Allow this paste dry on your face before rinsing it off using a scrubbing motion. This way will make your skin lighter and rejuvenated.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 33 easy ways on how to get lighter skin color fast and naturally, hope that it can help you find out the best way to help your skin get lighter fast without any side effect. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any treatment. If you have any question, or you know another way for skin lightening, please leave them below.