Yeast infection is very common among women. Figures from many researchers have shown that three out of four women will have the yeast infection at least one time in their life. Once you get it, the risk that it comes back will be higher. The number of women experiencing this condition is quite considerable; however, the treatment is amazingly simple. One of the most popular ways is using tea tree oil for yeast infection. Thus, in this article, AllRemedies.com will help you find out what yeast infection actually is and 15 home remedies using tea tree oil for yeast infection itching on skin.
15 Safe Home Remedies Using Tea Tree Oil For Yeast Infection Itching On Skin
I. What Is Yeast Infection?
Yeast infection is caused by Candida albican, a type of yeast. Normally, there will be good bacteria and yeasts existing in your body. These bacteria are supposed to take this yeast under the control. However, if your body is imbalanced, these bacteria can not work effectively, leading to the uncontrollable development of yeast. When the number of Candida in the body increases, yeast infection will appear. Women can easily realize whether they have yeast infection or not by checking some symptoms such as feeling itching or rash in the vagina or get pain during sex. Sometimes, yeast infection can cause an amount of gray and thick vaginal discharge, (there are also times the discharge can be watery)
II. How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Yeast Infection
Tea tree oil is known as a natural and powerful solution that has the ability to kill the yeast infection effectively. However, it is not friendly oil that can be used without fully understanding. According to Dr. James A. Duke, a renowned botanist, tea tree oil should only be applied as the last resort, after trying the other herbal approaches. The reason is that this essential oil contains some elements that can cause fatality if it is ingested directly. Therefore, it is warned to be kept out of the reach of children. But if you know how to use tea tree oil for yeast infection accurately, it will be a perfect Candida killer. This natural oil contains terpinen – 4 – ol, gamma–terpineneand alpha–terpinene , which kill and postpone the growth of fungi causing yeast infection. Tea tree oil is also useful to balance the good bacteria and the bad bacteria, therefore it can reduce unexpected outgrowth of Candida. With these benefits, it will be a pity if you neglect tea tree oil for yeast infection. To help you take full advantages of this powerful approach, AllRemedies will introduce 15 different ways of using tea tree oil. Let spend some minutes to learn interesting methods against yeast infection.
1. Baking Soda
The first ingredient is baking soda, a familiar flour used in making cake. This flour is amazingly effective in balancing pH level and relieving itching or soreness. There are two ways to use baking soda with tea tree oil for yeast infection.
- You can make a bath with 1 cup of baking soda and ten drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix them together with lukewarm water and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- For the best effect, let keep it as a routine until yeast infection diminishes.
Another way is simple as well. It will take you little effort and time. You can refer to the recipe.
- You just need to make a combination of baking soda (1 tablespoon), tea tree oil (4 drops) and water.
- This mixture will be applied on yeast infected area from 3 to 7 minutes before washing and used regularly.
It may be a surprise for many people to know that alcohol can be combined with tea tree oil for yeast infection on skin. Alcohol can be mixed with tea tree oil and water, which is used in form of a douche. Here is the recipe. Hopefully, you can find it more useful.
- You need 1 teaspoon of both elements to get the solution and mix 10 drops of that solution with 1 pin of water.
- It is advised to use the douche one time a day, one day a week.
- In case you are allergic to alcohol or don’t have it on hand, just put 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil into warm water then you can use it as a douche.
3. Carrier Oil
This method containing tea tree oil for yeast infection is more available because you can use any types of carrier that you have in your home such as olive oil or castle. A mixture of 1 tablespoon of that oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil can be applied to handle this condition. Every night in treatment period, let use this solution to massage the infected area and leave on overnight. On the next morning, wash with lukewarm water. One advantage of this method is that carrier oil is suitable for almost everyone, no matter babies or pregnant women.
Without any added ingredient, tea tree oil is still a successful yeast infection killer. The easiest method is to combine tea tree oil with water only. The recipe, of course, will be simple as well. You can spend a small amount of time and try the following recipe with us.
- Tea tree oil: half a teaspoon
- Fresh water: half a cup
- Cotton ball
- You can use a cotton ball and apply the mixture directly on the yeast infected areas
- Leave it for a few minutes before washing with water.
- Note: ¼ teaspoon of lemon grass can improve the effectiveness of the solution if combined.
- Repeat three times a day and you will be surprised with the result.
5. Coconut Oil
The benefits of coconut oil for human body are uncountable. It is known as an excellent condition for skin care and hair care. It can improve the effectiveness of immunity system thanks to the different types of acid it contains. Women can also use coconut oil to lose weight. Having the antifungal properties, coconut oil now can be used together with tea tree oil for yeast infection. The process contains three steps.
- Let melt two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Then mix this liquid with three drops of tea tree oil.
- Finally, swish in mouth for about 10 minutes for oral infection.
- Please do it again 3 times per day for the best benefit.
- Note: Regular toothpaste with a drop of tea tree oil can bring added profit.
6. Vegetable Oil
There are many controversies about the effect of vegetable oil on human body. While for a long time, vegetable oil has been believed and consumed widely by housewives, many researches, on the contrary, have shown the negative impacts of this ingredient when it is ingested. However, let these complicated arguments alone, vegetable oil can be very useful to mix with tea tree oil for yeast infection on skin if you know how to take advantages in the right way.
- Make a mixture of tea tree oil and vegetable oil (same quantities)
- Directly apply to the infected areas.
Otherwise, a bath tub can perform the same result. You can take it as the replacement.
- Vegetable oil: 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree oil: 5 drops
- Mix these ingredients in lukewarm water
- Soak for 15 minutes
- Remember to repeat the method daily until yeast infection subsides.
Read also: 42 Health & Beauty Benefits Of Oregano Oil
7. Calendula Flower Oil and Emu Oil
Maybe you don’t know but both calendula flower oil and emu oil contain antiseptic properties. For a long time, they have been used widely for first aid kit due to the healing abilities. When they are mixed with tea tree oil for yeast infection itching, the mixture is believed to relieve inflammation and cure damaged tissue. Let see how to make this interesting solution.
- Mix half ounce each of the two added ingredients and 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Using three times a day on the infected areas
- If you use it frequently, the solution can treat the itching from yeast infection.
8. Chamomile Tea Bags
Chamomile has appeared in human life for ages. There is no doubt about the benefits this herb can bring to us. The treatment methods for many conditions like skin conditions such as psoriasis, chickenpox, eczema, slow-healing wounds, abscesses and gum inflammation always contain chamomile. You can find this herb in grocery stores and pharmacies in its most common form, chamomile tea bags. They are very useful when going together with tea tree oil for yeast infection itching on skin.
- Draft 2 tea bags in 24 ounces of water.
- After removing them, you need stir tea tree oil (6 drops), lavender oil (5 drops) and thyme oil (1 drop).
- Finally, let the mixture cool and use as douche on infected areas twice a day.
- In case chamomile is not available, yarrow and calendula are suitable for replacement.
Learn more: List of 35 Benefits of Chamomile Tea and Oil
Garlic is one the most common things you can be found in every kitchen throughout the world. From ancient to modern history, this herb is used as a flavoring in cooking. Its various health benefits have been globally recognized. For yeast infection, garlic is supposed to kill bad bacteria and fungi, including Candida . Using garlic with tea tree oil for yeast infection is one of the most convenient methods that you can carry out in your home. All you need is one peeled and crushed garlic clove. And the process for this solution is very simple.
- Put a drop of tea tree oil and wrap the clove in gauze
- Apply on the infected areas.
- The time recommended is 15 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Your condition will improve if you do it once a day.
10. Aloe Vera
For those who are interested in skincare, Aloe Vera must be very familiar. Well-known for many amazing benefits for health and skin, these universal plants have been the main ingredient in many skin care products for women. And researchers have revealed one more benefit of this cactus plants and its byproducts. If mixed with tea tree oil for yeast infection, Aloe Vera can smooth burning and itching feeling and also lessen redness. Let AllRemedies shows you how to get this useful remedy.
- Use 6 drops of fresh Aloe Vera gel and 3 drops of tea tree oil to get the mixture.
- This solution can be applied to infected areas by fingertips.
- Massaging just 5 minutes each time and twice a day will confirm expected outcomes.
Learn more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice
11. Tea Tree Oil Suppository
The home remedy method using tea tree oil for yeast infection itching can be effective with the help of some ingredients available in your kitchen. You will be surprised to see how these familiar components below can be a part of this solution for yeast infection.
- Vitamin E oil: 4 – 5 drops
- Calendula oil: 4 – 5 drops
- Olive oil: 4 – 5 drops
- Sweet almond oil:4 – 5 drops
- Tea tree oil: 3 drops
- Mix all ingredients with 4 – 6 drops of water,
- Stir the solution and then it is ready to be applied
- This method requires being repeat for about one week (6-7 days)
Learn also: 25 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Manuka Oil
Honey is one of the most wonderful remedies that can be applied for many purposes. Easily found everywhere and having almost no negative side effect, honey becomes very popular in our life. You can drink it, add it in your meal, massage with it and also use it with tea tree oil for yeast infection. Honey will kill the bad fungi causing yeast while moisturizing your skin.
- The solution contains raw honey in the amount of 2 tablespoons and of course, tea tree oil (3 drops).
- Then, let use it to massage the infected areas and leave overnight.
- You can rinse with water on the following morning and repeat the process nightly.
13. Lavender Oil
Nowadays, lavender is the most popular used essential oil in the world. This classic appears in many products like fresheners, perfumes, soaps, and beauty products. It is the fresh, floral and calm scent of this flower that makes it a must in the modern beauty industry. After about 2500 years used as a skincare product, lavender now is also known as the natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent. If mixed with tea tree oil for yeast inflation itching, lavender oil can kill Candida Albicans, the main factor leading to this condition. 
- Mix the same amount of lavender oil and tea tree oil (5 drops) and 2 spoons of plain water.
- Then, you apply this solution on the infected area for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
- If you want to make this solution in form of solid, add tea tree oil and lavender oil (3 drops for each) in 1 spoon of coconut oil.
- Let it freeze to get solid clump and apply on infected areas for about 3 hours before washing with water.
14. Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash
Most of these above home remedy methods using tea tree oil for yeast infection are applied on the infected skin. So, what about the oral yeast infection? Luckily, there is still a method to help you solve the problem. It is tea tree oil mouthwash. You can do it yourself without any difficult because the way to make this solution is unbelievable easy.
- All you need is mix tea tree oil with water (same amount)
- Swish1 spoon of this mixture in your mouth for 1 minute
- Remember to do this twice a day to get the maximum benefit.
15. Tea Tree Oil Tampon
The last method is specialized for vaginal yeast infection. One drawback of this method is that only women can use it because one of these ingredients is tampons. However, for those ladies who don’t want to use other added ingredients but only tea tree oil, this solution will be a perfect choice.
- Dip a tampon in a mixture of 5 drops of tea tree oil and a half cup of water
- Use it in the normal way
- After 2-3 hours, take it out and wash with water
- The method needs applying twice a day.
As mentioned above, tea tree oil is not as friendly as other home remedies. To stay away from unexpected consequences, there is something that you need to keep in mind if you decide to stick to tea tree oil for yeast infection.
Firstly, not everyone can use tea tree oil. Pregnant women should ask for doctor’s advice before tea tree oil treatment. Children under 6 years old should not apply it to protect their sensitive skin.
Secondly, you need to make sure you are not allergic to tea tree oil before applying it. If there is something wrong, like side effects or exacerbate symptoms, stop the treatment and ask for doctor’s help right away.
Lastly, take care of yourself before and during the time these disturbing infection appears. You can drink plenty of water and say no to junk or sweet food. And, don’t forget to take showers regularly if you don’t want yeast infection occurs and comes back once again.
Yeast infection is not a strange condition for women health. Just some small changes in your body can enhance the growth of Candida fungi, the reason for yeast infection. Therefore, learning how to fight against it will be a good preparation for your heath. In this article, we have introduced 15 interesting, useful and practical home remedies using tea tree oil for yeast infection itching on skin. We truly hope that you can take advantages of several ingredients and pick out the remedy that fits you the most. If you have any idea about how to use tea tree oil for yeast infection, please share with us! For more information, you are supposed to refer to our main site Herbal Remedies.