The sun’s ultraviolet rays can rise production of melanin in your body that results in sun tanning skin. Instead of spending many expensive cosmetic products, you may try several natural and effective treatments. There are a lot of simple natural remedies that can restore a lighter complexion and lighten a sun tan as well. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce you 27 simple ways on how to remove sun tan from face & hands naturally. All of the ways in this article is collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin condition; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 27 simple ways on how to remove sun tan naturally!
27 Simple Ways On How To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Hands Naturally
Seeking on how to remove sun tan with natural treatments, you should not pass milk. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Put milk (a small amount) in a bowl and then add some lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric. After that, apply this solution on your affected areas and leave it to dry completely. Finally rinse it off with water. This process will give you an immediate relief from the sun tan.
- Alternatively, you can also soak saffron (a pinch) in fresh milk cream entire night. Stir it well in the morning, and then apply it on your affected skin areas. This method will make your skin glow and lighten your complexion as well.
As you know, sandalwood is one of the common ingredients in various beauty products. Sandalwood may also be used for removing sun tan naturally due to its anti-aging and skin lightening properties. So, it helps you maintain a glowing complexion and cleanses your skin as well. How to remove sun tan with sandalwood? Here are detailed directions:
- Mix pure turmeric powder and sandalwood powder in equal amounts. Next add some rose water to create a thick paste. Then apply this paste on your affected areas and allow it on for half an hour or until it dries. Finally wash it off with cold water. It is recommended to do this process two times a week.
- Another option is to mix sandalwood powder with almond oil and coconut oil to form a paste to apply on your affected areas.
Almond is also one of the effective treatments for removing sun tan. An almond paste will cleanse, lighten and scrub your skin tone. Here are some detailed directions on how to remove sun tan with almond:
- Soak about 5-6 almonds in water entire night. Blend the almonds in the morning with some milk to create a paste.
- Before going to bed, apply this paste on your affected areas and allow it on overnight. Rinse it off with cold water in the morning.
- You should do this every day for the first fifteen days and then repeat it two times a week.
4. Oatmeal Powder
Oatmeal contains skin-soothing properties and also acts as a wonderful exfoliant in order to cleanse the pores. Therefore, oatmeal powder may be used in several ways to decrease a sun tan. How to remove sun tan naturally with oatmeal powder? Here are step by step instructions:
- Prepare a mixture of buttermilk and oatmeal powder. Rub it onto your tanned areas. The buttermilk will soothe your skin and the oats will help exfoliate your skin.
- Another choice is to make a paste with ground almonds, oatmeal powder, milk and ground dried orange peel. Then apply the paste on your affected areas and allow it on for half an hour. Finally rinse it off with cold water.
5. Lemon Juice
Using lemon is an effective way for treating sun tanned skin owning to its natural bleaching agents. Here are some simple ways on how to remove sun tan with lemon juice:
- Simply, you can apply some fresh lemon juice on your affected skin area and leave it to dry before rinsing the area with water.
- Also you can add a little sugar to lemon juice and then apply it on your skin. Sugar is a great cleansing agent. It is recommended to do this way two or three times per week for quick results.
Yogurt is very good in minimizing sun tan because it reduces redness, cools the skin as well as tightens the pores. For the best results, you can use it as follows:
- Take plain yogurt (a cup) and next add the juice of one tomato and one cucumber.
- Then add gram flour (besan) (half a cup).
- Apply it on the face and hands.
- Allow it on for about 30-45 minutes and finally rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Plus, you can simply apply a little fresh yogurt on the skin every day before taking a shower. For best results, you can also add lime juice and tomato juice to the yogurt.
7. Aloe Vera
Seeking on how to remove sun tan with natural ingredient, you should not pass aloe vera. It also helps cleanse as well as nourishes your skin. For desirable results, what you need to do:
- First step is to apply the gel of fresh aloe vera on your affected areas of skin before bedtime.
- In the morning, you wash the skin carefully.
Using raw potato is one of the excellent treatments for sun tanned skin. Especially, it is high in vitamin C and thus, acts as natural bleach. Also, it helps soothe sunburn. How to remove sun tan from face and hands naturally with potato? Here are easy ways that you can follow at home:
- Peel the skin off about 2-3 medium-sized potatoes, next cut them into chunks, and then put them in one blender to create a paste.
- After that, apply this paste generously all over your affected skin area. Allow it dry for about half an hour and finally rinse it off using cold water.
- For best results, you can add little lemon juice to this potato paste before using it.
9. Gram Flour
Gram flour is very effective in dealing with a sun tan because it leaves your skin young and bright as well as helps remove dead skin cells. Gram flour powder is readily available in market or you can make a whole green gram paste at home. Here are the detailed instructions:
- Mix the gram flour in some water and then rub it all over your affected skin area.
- After that wait about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- You had better do this way two times a week for a couple of months.
- For best results, you can use rose water instead of plain water. Also, you can mix some yogurt and lime juice into the paste.
Cucumber juice can also help reduce a sun tan. In addition, cucumbers contain a cooling effect that helps sooth your skin as well as helps eliminate a sun tan. Furthermore, the vitamin C presents in cucumbers will also help maintain your skin well moisturized. To apply cucumber juice for removing a sun tan, here are some instructions:
- Mix fresh cucumber juice (two tablespoons) and lime juice (one tablespoon). Next to add turmeric (a pinch) to it.
- Mix it well and then apply it on your affected skin. Allow it for half an hour and then rinse it off with water.
- Also, you can rub freshly cut cucumber slices on your skin.
11. Saffron And Milk Face Pack
How to remove sun tan naturally with saffron and milk? Here are detailed directions:
- 4-5 tablespoons of warm milk.
- Some strands of saffron.
- Lime juice (two to three drops).
- Add lime juice (2-3 drops) in the warm milk.
- Next add saffron strands into this milk and mix well.
- Then, you massage this mixture well onto your face and allow it remain on your face for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally wash it off with water.
- You should follow it up with one moisturizer.
12. Cucumber And Tomato
How to remove sun tan with the combination of cucumber and tomato? Here are step by step directions?
- Curd / milk cream (milk cream if the skin is dry and curd if the skin is oily).
- Take a cucumber slice and 2 slices of tomato.
- Next, grate them in one bowl.
- Add milk cream (half a spoon), a pinch of turmeric, lemon juice (3-4 drops), and 1 spoon honey.
- Add besan (chickpea flour) (two spoonfuls) to the mixture.
- Apply it to your face and hands and wash it off after 20 minutes.
There are a lot of other healthy ways on how to remove sun tan presented in this article, so continue reading!
13. Lemon And Glycerin
How to remove sun tan with the combination of lemon and glycerin? Here are detailed directions:
- Take glycerin (about five tablespoons) and add the juice from one lemon to it.
- Now, apply this face pack on your face every night after rinsing your face with the regular face wash.
- Allow it on for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
- This pack will give the effective results when left on entire night.
- You should use the pack on a daily basis in order to see significant difference in about 1 week.
14. Besan Bleaching Face Pack
Here are easy steps on how to remove sun tan with besan bleaching face pack:
- Take besan (about two tablespoons), add a pinch of haldi, lemon juice (a few drops) and some milk (if your skin is dry)
- You can also add crushed orange peel to this mixture for an added scrub effect.
- Then mix all of these ingredients and create a paste by adding some cool rose water.
- After that, apply the paste all over the face and hands, carefully avoiding your eyes.
- Leave this to remain on your face until it dries up partially.
- Then once dry, wet the hands and pat these areas that have dried out. Now, gently scrub the face and then wash it off. The pack will give you supple and glowing skin.
- You had better continue doing this method on a daily basis for one week to see considerable difference.
15. Aloe Vera And Multani Mitti Face Pack
This face pack is great to soothe tanned and irritated skin. The aloe vera will help to heal acne, soothe irritated skin and remove blemishes. The multani mitti makes the skin glow as well as helps unclog pores. For the best results, what you need to do:
- To make this pack, you need to mix multani mitti (a few spoons) with aloe vera juice or paste (a tablespoon).
- Add haldi (a pinch) and create it a smooth paste.
- Then add chilled rose water in order to dilute the pack.
- Apply this pack on your face and hands, allow it on for about 15 minutes or until it dries.
- After that, pat with one wet hand in order to loosen the dried portions and then scrub your face in circular motions. Finally, rinse your face off with cool water and pat dry.
16. Gram Flour And Turmeric
Gram flour helps you fight some skin problems like pimples, acne, dark spots, and blemish on the skin. In addition, it can get rid of unwanted hair and also bring life to lifeless and dull skin. Gram flour is not expensive and readily available. For the better results, what you need to do:
- Take gram flour (two tablespoons).
- Turmeric (one single pinch).
- Crushed orange peel (one tablespoon).
- One tablespoon of milk
- Rose water.
- Pour the gram flour into one bowl.
- Next put a pinch of turmeric into it.
- Add milk (a single tablespoon) and one tablespoon of crushed orange peel to this.
- Now include the rose water.
- Mix all of these ingredients to make your face pack.
- Wash the face using a mild soap.
- Then apply the pack on the cleaned face and leave the pack to dry.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Later sprinkle rose water on your dried areas.
- Gently scrub to remove your pack after about 20 minutes. First scrub clockwise and after that anti-clockwise.
- You should apply this solution every second day. The sun tan will go away fast. You can add yogurt (one tablespoon) or lemon (two drops) for even better results. Yogurt or lemon will deep clean the skin pores.
17. Tomato, Lemon Juice And Yogurt Face Pack
Yogurt has the mild bleaching effect. Due to its citric property, it removes your tan efficiently, leaves the skin supple and properly moisturized as well as keeps the blemishes away. On the other hand, tomato juice will lighten the skin naturally. In addition, it is a good astringent. How to remove sun tan with this pack? Here is an easy method you can follow at home:
- Two tablespoons of tomato pulp
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Yogurt (a single tablespoon).
- First step is to pour the tomato pulp into one bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon in order to bring out the juice
- Then pour 1tablespoon of this lemon juice into the bowl.
- Finally, add a tablespoon of yogurt into the mix.
- Mix well to make a thick pack.
- Now apply the pack on the face and hands and keep it for half an hour.
- Check whether this pack has dried.
- Lastly, rinse it off with some cold water.
- Gently rub it when you are washing off the pack.
- Apply moisturizer.
18. Lemon And Aloe Vera Face Pack
Here are detailed directions on how to remove sun tan naturally with this face pack:
- A little bit of aloe vera gel (two squeezes are needed)
- Lemon (two to three drops).
- First step is to squeeze out the gel of aloe vera into your palm. It is not necessary to prepare a bowl to make this face pack.
- Now squeeze the lemon.
- Now use your fingers of the other hand in order to mix this and prepare the pack.
- The pack is ready. You apply this on the face.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with some cold water.
Note: You don’t need to use a moisturizer after washing this face pack as aloe vera gel is a very great moisturizer itself.
19. Cabbage And Turmeric
The cleansing and health abilities of yellow spicy (turmeric) are well known. The juice extracted from cabbage contains a lot of antioxidants and phytochemicals and they both can fight off the harmful effects of the free radicals causing several skin conditions like blackheads, pimples and acne. Vitamin C protects the skin from damage. This juice can also improve the tone and texture of skin. In addition, potassium gives the skin fair complexion. Plus, vitamin A and E makes the skin supple, bright and soft.
- One portion of a raw cabbage.
- Honey (one tablespoon).
- A pinch of turmeric.
- Gram flour or rice flour (one tablespoon)
- Cut one raw cabbage into 4 pieces. You just need a portion to prepare the face pack.
- Later grate the portion into the small pieces.
- Squeeze your lemon and collect some drops into one small container.
- Add the honey.
- Then add this binding agent to the container.
- Mix it well to prepare the paste.
- After that apply the pack on the face and hands and keep it for around 20-25 minutes.
- Wash it off with some cold water.
- Apply moisturizer.
20. Oatmeal And Buttermilk Face Pack
Oatmeal and buttermilk make a fine combo for getting rid of the tan. How to remove sun tan with buttermilk and oatmeal face pack? What you need to do:
- Two tablespoons of oatmeal
- Three tablespoons of buttermilk
- Honey (one tablespoon) (optional).
- Pour 2 tbsp oatmeal into one container.
- Now add 3 tbsp buttermilk.
- If you want, you can add a tablespoon of honey
- Mix it well to make your paste.
- Then apply this pack on the face. You can also apply this pack on the arms and legs.
- Gently massage in circular motions.
- Allow it for round 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Finally apply moisturizer.
21. Potato Pulp Or Juice Face Pack
This face pack improves the health of your skin, removes blemishes as well as lightens up the texture. How to remove sun tan naturally with this face pack? Here are detailed directions:
- One lemon (optional)
- One small potato
- Peel one small potato and then grate it into many small pieces.
- Then you can either make a smooth pulp or create a juice. Both work equally well.
- After that you can add lemon juice (a couple of drops) to this pack if you want.
- Properly clean your face using a mild soap.
- Apply directly over the face slowly.
- Allow the pack for about 20 minutes.
- Finally wash it off.
22. Baking Soda
Here are easy steps on how to remove sun tan with baking soda:
- Create a thick paste of water and baking soda.
- Apply this paste on the hand and scrub the hands with the paste.
- This process will help eliminate sun tan from the hands.
- You should repeat this treatment every alternate day.
Here are detailed directions on how to remove sun tan with vinegar:
- Take equal quantities of vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Then dip the hands completely
- Later soak the most-pigmented area of the hands in this mixture for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Clean the hands with cold water.
- After that dry them using a towel.
- It is recommended to repeat this process every day until you obtain satisfying results.
24. White Gourd And Fuller’s Earth
How to remove sun tan with the combination of white gourd and fuller’s earth? Here are step by step directions:
- Peel the white gourd to make a paste.
- Later add the multani mitti and white gourd paste together in one bowl and mix well.
- After that apply this paste to your skin.
- Allow it on for about 20 minutes.
- Finally rinse it off with cold or normal water.
25. Papaya and Honey Face Pack
As you see, papaya is a great source of papain and vitamin A. The enzyme presents in papaya is very good for skin renewal, exfoliation, whitening and restoration. In addition, it helps in skin hydration. On the other hand, honey helps in softening and moisturizing the skin. To make this pack, you need to take papaya pulp (½ cup) and mash it well, then add honey (a table spoon) to it and mix well. After that apply on your clean face and dry for about 20 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with water.
26. Pineapple And Honey Face Mask
With its fresh and tangy flavor, pineapple is one of the kings of tropical fruits. Especially, pineapple juice is effective for fair skin complexion. Surprisingly, the enzymes present in pineapple can help in getting rid of dead cells from burnt and tanned areas. In addition, pineapple juice is also the storehouse of bromelain, vitamin C and antioxidants, that are extremely beneficial in the prevention and treatment of acne, sun damaged, fine lines and uneven skin toning, etc. For the best results, you need to mix pineapple pulp (2 tablespoons) with honey (one tablespoon) and apply on your face, wait for around 3-5 minutes and lastly wash thoroughly with water.
27. Walnut And Cream Face Mask
Walnuts have a lot of vitamin B, E and anti-oxidants. Milk cream or cream is a very great skin moisturizer. Therefore this is one of the effective natural treatments for sun tanned skin.
How to remove sun tan with walnut and cream? What you need to do:
- 6 walnuts
- Cream (1 tablespoon)
- Soak 6 walnuts in the milk in about an hour.
- Mash the soft walnuts and then mix with cream
- After that apply on your cleaned face thickly.
- Massage slowly and allow on for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with water.
- Mix lemon juice (4 tablespoon) and turmeric powder (1 tablespoon) in one bowl and next stir it to create a smooth paste. Then apply the skin whitening pack on your affected areas and finally wash it off after half an hour or until it dries. Turmeric is a great herb with anti-aging, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix together one tablespoon of lemon juice, rose water and cucumber extract in a bowl. Then apply this concoction to your tanned areas generously. The rose water and cucumber juicewill soothe your blemished and burnt skin while the lemon juice will work to get rid of the tan.
- Mash ripe papaya (half a cup) with honey (a tablespoon). Blend well and then apply on your face. Allow the pack on for 30 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm or cold water for positive results.
- Simply mix together buttermilk (3 tablespoons) with oatmeal (2 tablespoons). Massage into the affected skin in circular motions.
- Crush five strawberries with fresh milk cream (two tablespoons). Apply it on your heavily tanned areas. Allow the pack on for half an hour before you wash it off.
- A pinch of turmeric powder, lime juice (1 teaspoon), and chilled yoghurt. Then mix them and apply on your tanned area. Allow for 20 minutes before rinsing it off. You should follow this process about 3 weeks for best results.
- Take gram flower (a tablespoon) blended with raw milk (2 teaspoon) and add lime juice (few drops) to the mixture. Then apply this mixture to your affected areas for about 15 minutes before you rinse it out.
- Add tomato pulp (2 tablespoons) and one tablespoon of both lemon juice and yogurt and mix them well. Then apply this pack on all your affected areas and allow it to stand for about 25 to 30 minutes and finally wash it off.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of sesame seed oil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of almond oil and then apply it on the skin and rinse it off after about 20 minutes with warm water.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of rice powder, 2 tablespoons of cold milk and 1 teaspoon of honey into a fine paste. After that, clean your face and hands thoroughly and later apply. Lightly scrub using the wet hands after 20 minutes and finally wash it off with cool water.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of chilled yogurt with 2 tablespoons of mint juice. Then use a cotton pad to dab it on your affected area. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel with rose water (few drops). Freeze it for about 10 minutes and afterwards soak it up into the tanned skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of oats powder, add 1 tablespoons of cold water and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix it well and then exfoliate the face and hands for 2 minutes and finally wash it off with cool water.
- Immerse Masoor dal teaspoonful in some water for 20 minutes and next make the paste rough. Then, add the gel of fresh aloe vera into this mixture together with tomato pulp (a teaspoonful). Massage your face and hands with this paste. Keep this paste to dry for about 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Add grounded almonds, oatmeal powder, milk and grounded dried orange peel. Make a paste. Then apply on your face for 20 minutes. This face mask is great for sun tanned skin. It cleanses, lightens and scrubs your skin tone
- Mix sandalwood (a teaspoon) with coconut water in a bowl. Make this mixture thick and next add a few drops of almond oil. Afterwards apply this paste on your face and hands. Leave it to dry for at least 15 minutes before cleaning it with water.
- Using fresh coconut water on your skin is one simple, yet effective natural treatment for a suntan. Simply, you apply the coconut water to your affected area. Allow it on for half an hour. Wash it off with clean or cold water. Alternatively, you can drink tender coconut water every day as one natural energy drink.
- Basically, citrus fruits have ascorbic acid which contains high antioxidant properties helping fade the tan. Yogurt has lactic acid that helps lighten the tan. You should combine tomato juice with yogurt in equal parts. Apply to your affected skin. Allow for half an hour. Wash it off with clean or cool water. Also, you can use a mixture yogurt and of lemon juice. If plain yogurt is not available then you can consume sour cream.
- Buttermilk is considered as one of the excellent treatment for soothing sunburned skin. All you need is to apply buttermilk to your affected area. Allow it on for about 20 minutes. Wash with clean or cool water. You had better repeat this method two times a day till sunburn is gone. You can add lemon juice/orange juice and crushed oats to the buttermilk before using in order to increase the effectiveness of the remedy.
- All you need to take wheat flour (two tablespoons), finely grated cucumber (one tablespoon), curd (two tablespoons) and almond powder (half spoon). Mix them in one small bowl and create a paste. Also you can add turmeric powder (two pinches) in the mixture. Then apply the mixture on the tanned body parts and leave it dry. Finally, wash it off with normal water.
- Take mashed papaya (2 tea spoons), ¼ teaspoon of soda bicarbonate, ¼ teaspoon of salt. Then mix them into one scrub like paste. After that apply it all over your exposed areas. Allow it on for around 10-15 minutes and wash it off with cool water. Papaya will polish the newly appeared skin while the salt will scrub away dead skin.
- All you need to do is to take one part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of water, create a diluted solution and then apply to the face as toner. Do not need to rinse off. You use it entire night. In the morning wash it off with flash wash/cleanser. Also, you can mix apple cider vinegar with cucumber, honey and lemon, and create a face pack. This method is effective as well.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 27 simple ways on how to remove sun tan from face & hands naturally, hope that it can help you find out the best remedy to help you get rid of sun tan fast without any side effect. All these ways are very effective in removing sun tan. However, these ways will take some times to eliminate sun tan but their results are long lasting. If you have any question, or you know other way for removing sun tan, please leave them below. Also you can share the experience if you know any other sun tanning remedies to us.