Acne is such a nuisance for many people to experience, and this skin problem is absolutely the most popular among skin related issues. However, the time it takes for acne to heal is even shorter than that of a scar or dark spot, which is the inevitable result after a breakout. It may take several weeks to months or even years for the scars or hyperpigmentation to fade away. In some cases, the acne scars and dark spots are permanent without proper treatment. This can tremendously decrease the confidence of those who have acne as a problem. Many of them make an effort to eliminate pimple scars and dark spots by using topical creams or lotions as well as physical exfoliations. However, there exist some natural tips and tricks which are possible to speed up the process of skin healing, thus make acne leftovers less visible gradually. In this article, we, AllRemedies.com have listed some common causes of scars & pimples before suggesting some of the most efficient home remedies for scars and dark spots on face skin overnight which are the left after a breakout of acne happens.
Learn more: Ways How to Use Banana Peel for Acne & Pimples
II. Common Causes Of Acne Scars And Dark Spots
- Picking at your own skin: It is not rare that many people develop the habit of touching their faces to get rid of the pimples without them even notice. The habit of picking at the pimples when they are not ready to come out is the main culprit why scars take very long to heal. Even those you may get a pimple out your skin, the damage you cause to the layers of your skin is huge. This creates havoc to the collagen production, thus results in scars and dark spots in many people.
- Not protecting your skin from UV rays from the sun: It is such an amazing experience bathing in the sunshine on the beach on a hot summer day. However, what you do not know is that the sun may be the reason while your acne scars get darker and darker. If you do not wear enough sun cream needed to prevent sunlight, the UV rays will cause further damage to your skin, which is the last thing you want.
- Hormonal and genetic factors: You might be wondering why some people heal their acne scars really fast while it takes the others like ages to completely brighten the problematic area of their skin. There is a factor known as a genetic one. It defines who you are as a person as well as how fast your scars and dark spots will heal. In some people, the speed of collagen production is very high, so their skin will go back to normal faster as compared to others. Moreover, the changes in hormones in some people, especially women at reproductive age can be another reason for dark spots and scars.
- Some certain foods and drinks: There is a belief that specific foods and beverages can trigger worse scars in comparison to others. Many people notice that it takes longer for their acne scars and dark spots to go away when they consume red meat such as beef and pork as well as water spinach or wine, etc.
III. Some Ways To Prevent Scars And Dark Spots
Prevention is always better than cure. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you take proper care of your skin in order to keep post acne scars and dark spots at bay. Here are some suggestions & home remedies for scars on face skin based on research findings as well as personal experiences concerning what to do to protect your skin from forming scars in the first place:
- Wearing sunscreen throughout the day: Regardless of how much skincare products you put on your skin, it seems to be meaningless if you do not protect your skin layers from the sun by wearing sunscreen. Not only do you have to apply a layer of sunscreen whenever you go out in summer, but you should also follow this technique religiously all year round. Even in the winter time when you can hardly see the sun, the UV rays still exist, and they have the potential ability to create sun damage to your skin. Moreover, even when you are at home, but you sit next to a glass window, the UV rays can still reach your skin. Therefore, it is best to apply sunscreen to your face and body in the daytime every day.
- Having a healthy diet which is high in vitamins and minerals: There is a quote that goes this way: We are what we eat. If you consume junk foods regularly, drink little or no water and do not take in enough vegetables and fruits, you are treating your skin wrong. What you put in your body will show up on your skin. Consequently, if you have a very unhealthy diet, your skin will suffer, and it can develop the ugly dark spots.
- Increasing the quality of your sleep: Night time is the best time for you to recharge your batteries as well as for your body to start the healing process. During the time you sleep, the cells in your body turn over, and new cells develop. This is the ultimate recipe for healing, and new skin cells will be formed to make up for the loss of collagen on your scars. No more late night watching romantic movies may bring about better complexion. Is it worth?
- Exercising regularly: The benefits regular workouts can being about to human beings both mentally and physically are undeniable. When you exercise, a feel-good hormone known as endorphin is released, thus makes you feel better and healthier. The sweat you get after each session of working out is among the best therapies for skin issues as it is a perfect way to detox the body from the nasty toxins which have built up inside.
- Looking on the bright side: Positive mindset is vitally important in any cases. If you feel good about yourself rather than worrying about how much it may take for your dark spots and acne scars to heal, they will disappear without you even notice. By contrast, if you get stressed out about your skin issues, you will end up having more acne because stress is the number one factor that paves the way for the breakout, which inevitably means that you have more scars and dark spots. You just need to remind yourself that you are beautiful and these small scars cannot define you as a person.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Scars & Dark Spots Post Acne, Pimples On Face Skin Overnight
Having said that, so as to promote the healing of your skin to get rid of those nasty little scars from acne, there are some home remedies for scars & pimples on face skin which work like wonder. Here are they:
1. Home Remedies For Scars: Tomato Slices Or Juice
The red and juicy fruits of tomatoes are among the best foods which are high in vitamin C and vitamin A. The proficient contents of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory in tomatoes can help with damaged tissues, thus bring about greater possibility of your skin healing after an acne breakout. 
It is quite simple to exploit the benefits for skin from tomatoes. You just need to cut thin pieces from a fresh tomato. Remember to rinse the tomato carefully under the tap to fully get rid of the dirt. If you want another recipe with tomato which can assist in brightening scars and dark spots, use a juicer to extract the juice from a tomato. After that, dip one or two cotton pads in the juice and apply directly to the area of your skin that needs to be brightened.
2. Lemon Juice
Many skincare products utilize the brightening capability of lemon as it has a huge amount of vitamin C as well as citric acid in its contents. . Therefore, you can gravitate towards lemons in case you have some post acne spots and scars. Nonetheless, in order not to cause further damage to your skin if it is too sensitive, remember to dilute lemon juice, which you squeeze from fresh lemons with water before using it as a remedy for scars.
Another method which cultivates the bleaching benefits of lemons is to mix it well with yogurt, which also has a brightening effect. However, you should opt for the type of yogurt with no added sugar as it can result in some unwanted reactions in sensitive skin.
3. Home Remedies For Scars – Potato Mask
One of the home remedies for scars and dark spots which guarantee to work is potato mask. You will be amazed at how effective this treatment can be even if you try it for the very first time. The combination of starch and sugar works as a wonderful exfoliation to prevent dead skin cells from building up on the top layer of your skin, thus gives you back the smoother and lighter complexion. Also, the essential vitamins and minerals packed in potatoes such as vitamin C, zin C, or vitamin B6 are capable of rejuvenating your skin after the damage of acne breakout. .
In order to have a potato mask, you need to peel one or two potatoes and rinse it off any dirt. After that, cut the potatoes into small pieces and steam them for 15 to 20 minutes until they become soft. Grind the potatoes then add unsweetened yogurt, honey or lemon juice to the mixture before applying on your face as a face mask. You can use this technique two to three times a week to achieve the best possible results.
4. Aloe Vera
It is not much of an overstatement that aloe vera can be regarded as a multi-treatment for different issues concerning health and beauty, which include scars and dark spots after acne. This healing plant with its anti-inflammatory content stores a great amount of water in its leaves, thus it is effective in providing the hydration your skin need for healing naturally. So as to improve the condition of your scars, you just need to extract the gel from fresh aloe vera leaves, then apply it onto your problematic area as a mask or overnight moisturizer. You can also use it as a spot treatment to get rid of the nasty scars. You will definitely see results after some days.
Another way to take the advantage of aloe vera with regards to scars brightening is to mix aloe gel with sugar, honey, and lemon juice to form a consistent exfoliation. Apply the paste directly on your face and massage gently in circular motion to get rid of any dead skin cells, which slow down the process of skin healing.
Check out more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice For Health & Beauty
5. Home Remedies For Scars – Almond Oil As A Spot Treatment
It would be an amiss without mentioning almond oil as one of the top simple natural home remedies for scars post acne and dark spots on face skin. The benefits of almond oils are various, ranging from skincare to hair, nails, and lips, etc. In the skincare world, almond oil has religiously been used in moisturizers owing to the high contents of beneficiary fatty acids as well as many types of vitamins, which have the potential to cure your skin of many issues including damage after acne. Also, this oil can act as an all-natural sunscreen to protect your skin from being destroyed by direct sunlight. .
How to use almond oil to eliminate your annoying dark spots? The answer is simple. Take one or two drops of almond oil into the palm of your hand and massage it onto the skin area that needs treatment. Besides, you can mix this oil with turmeric powder, lemon juice, and honey to form a mask then wait for 15 to 20 minutes for the nutrients to absorb in your skin before washing it off with pure water.
6. Oatmeal As A Mask Or Natural Cleanser
When it comes to natural home remedies for scars or cystic acne scars on face skin overnight, one of the most popular methods is to opt for oatmeal. Besides providing the body with good nutrients, oatmeal is capable of dealing with small and moderate skin problems including post-acne scars and dark spots. This is because this ingredient contains a lot of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory contents, paving the way for it to cure the bad bacteria existing in case of a breakout . All you need to do is to mix a cup of oats with warm water well, then apply the mixture directly on your face. You can massage it gently in a circular motion in 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off completely. Another way to exploit the benefit of oat is to use it as a face mask for around 20 minutes. In order to achieve the best possible results, remember to use this technique once every day, especially before you go to bed.
7. Home Remedies For Scars – Castor Oil As A Moisturizer
Another type of oil which comes in very handy when you have post acne scars and hyper pigmentation is castor oil. This oil is genuinely helpful in protecting the skin layer  as well as dealing with acne scars. This is because of a lot of useful properties such as omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E.
In order to even out your skin after some damage from an acne breakout, it is highly recommended to use essential castor oil as a moisturizer, especially in winter time as your skin will be given the moisture it needs to glow. You can also mix castor oil and coconut oil and use it as home remedies for scars or spot treatment on your scars and dark spots.
Read more: 46 Benefits of Castor Oil for Health, Beauty
8. Home Remedies For Scars – Pineapple Mask
Who does not love the sweet and sour combination of frozen pineapple in a scorching hot day? This juicy fruit does give you a boost of energy with a high content of healthy sugar and vitamin C. Moreover, you can also use pineapple juice topically onto the skin area that needs to be brightened. The vitamin C packed in this juice is capable of lightening your complexion as well as promoting skin cells turnover and improving elasticity. .
The way to use pineapple juice for acne scar treatment is not rocket science. You can use a juicer to extract the juice from a freshly cut pineapple; then you should mix it well with one or two tablespoons of yogurt to increase the efficiency of this mask. Apply it directly to your face, and wait for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off. You had better follow this technique 2 to 3 times on a weekly basis to attain the best results.
9. Home Remedies For Scars – Apple Cider Vinegar As A Toner
Being renowned for its various benefits from aiding digestion, providing vitamin C to the body, and promoting hair growth, apple cider vinegar can also do your face skin a favor when it comes to post acne scars and hyper pigmentation. When your skin has some issues such as dark spots, the pH level of it has been damaged to some extent. Apple cider vinegar, however, helps regulate the pH level, therefore your skin can gradually normalize on its own. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory characteristic speeds up the healing process, thus results in your scars fading away. 
In order to get the proven advantages from apple cider vinegar, you had better dilute the vinegar in the same amount of water before applying on your face as directly putting vinegar on the skin is too harsh.
Keep reading: 50 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar For Health And Beauty
10. Papaya Paste As A Face Mask
Another effective natural home remedies for scars, pimples, and dark spots after acne on face skin overnight is using papaya. The justification for it is that this sweet fruit comprises of an enzyme known as papain, which proves to be a helpful treatment for hyperpigmentation. This ingredient can assist in evening out skin tone as well as making scars fade away faster. Simply crushing a ripe papaya after peeling off its skin then mixing it with raw honey to form a paste, you have a perfect face mask for skin brightening and scars eliminating. You should make an effort to use this three times a week to have the best results.
In conclusion, a healthy complexion is very attractive, especially for women. Having scars and dark spots as a result of acne can diminish self-confidence to a great extent. By following some home remedies for scars & pimples on face skin overnight that we have provided above, you have the right to hope that your scars and hyperpigmentation will fade away faster. If you have other tips, tricks, and home remedies for scars post acne, feel free to share with us in the comment section below.