There are important parts on your body, which can help you to evaluate your health status as well as predict harmful health problems. For example, basing on your skin, you can be able to know whether you are healthy or not. You can take a glance at your nail to determine which trouble you are getting. Among the most important parts, your hair is also a crucial element to bring about not only the beauty for your appearance but also the exact measure for your health.
Long and gorgeous hair is a desirable thing that most people long for, especially female because it can help them to be more attractive and more confident. Keeping strong hair is also very important in daily life; therefore, they always try to nourish the hair in so many ways in order to avoid some problems like split ends, dull hair, itchy scalp… However, not all of them know how to maintain the good health for hair but abuse some kinds of chemicals to apply on the hair uncontrollably. They may think that, by doing so, they could attain soft, long and strong hair. Nevertheless, their hair becomes weaker gradually as a result. Moreover, some of them want to be outstanding in the crowd, so they don’t mind dying their hair with dozens of colors to be stylish and attractive without caring about the health of the hair. To some extents, this may bring about the satisfaction to them for a short time, but in the end, their hair all becomes damaged. People often face with such kinds of hair problems as split ends, dandruff, breakage, and hair falls. Currently, people are usually met with the most popular problem called damaged hair which causes people so much trouble.
As we may know, hair is created with 3 layers, the outer layers have the responsibility to protect the inner layers. When the outer ones are damaged, the inner layers will be damaged too. This can cause dry damaged hair situation. It is when the hair is deprived of essential oil and moisture to maintain texture and shine. So many people feel really irritated with this problem and always wish to fix damaged hair without using too much chemical component. Seeing that the demand for this issue is quite high, All Remedies shows you natural at home remedies for damaged hair – 45 best tips for hair to provide you with the most effective and safest natural home solutions for your actual hair problem. Hopefully, after reading this article, your hair would stay long, moist, and gorgeous as you expect.
Top Natural At Home Remedies For Damaged Hair – 45 Best Tips For Hair
1. Make Paste From Avocado
The first remedy that should be mentioned in the list of top 45 home remedies for damaged hair presented in this writing is using avocado. To fix damaged hair, nothing is better than using a natural herb like Avocado. Containing a wide source of nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E along with protein, iron, amino acids, magnesium and potassium, avocado can totally be used as a mask to cure damaged and dull hair. Besides, avocado is loaded with vitamin H, which can strengthen your hair’s health, especially fatty acids which can help to recover luster to the hair. It’s like a coat to keep your hair flexible and hydrated. Therefore, avocado is considered an effective method to energize and supply your hair with great health. Making an avocado mask for hair is quite simple. So let’s do it!
- What you need to do is take a ripe avocado, and then you smash it to get its paste and mix this paste with an egg. After that, you apply this solution to the hair and hold it for at least 20 minutes. In the end, you have to wash off the solution to see the result. You should reapply this method at least once a week if your hair is damaged and once a month if your hair is strong.
- Alternatively, you can extract the flesh of ½-1 avocado depending on how long your hair is, and then you mix it with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in processor until you get a smooth and condensed solution. You apply this to the hair, hold it there for about 1 hour and rinse with water.
2. Use Butter For Silky Hair
To fix hair problem like damaged hair, utilizing some kinds of sources like butter or oily stuff really helps to maintain healthy hair, especially after you put too much pressure on your hair. This is also one of the most popular home remedies for damaged hair. You can totally try this method at home because it is very simple to apply. Butter is also available around you, you will not need to spend much time going around, just reach the nearest mini market, and take some.
- For the simplest remedy with butter, all you need to do is take a relative amount of butter and apply on your damaged hair.
- You massage it to your damaged hair gently and use a towel to cover the area treated with butter for about 30 minutes.
- After that, you shampoo your hair and rinse the butter off. Now, let’s see how glossy your hair is.
There are two main types of butter that you can try applying to the hair. The first type is shea butter. Its function is to provide hair with the natural condition and a protective layer that helps to protect hair from being affected by harmful UV rays. It is also loaded with anti-inflammatory components, which are very helpful to cure damaged hair. Look at tip 3 for more details.
Another type of butter you can try is cocoa butter. It is also kind of natural conditioner for your dull hair. Now, you need to make paste including 8 ounces of raw cocoa butter, 1 ounce of sweet almond oil or 1 ounce of sesame oil and 2 ounces of jojoba oil. After mixing them together, wait until the mixture gets thick enough. Then, you wet your hair with water, take the paste with your palm, and apply it directly to your damaged hair. You can use this mixture before or after shampooing as a conditioner.
3. Shea Butter-Another Kind Of Hair Treatment
Another remedy in the list of top 45 home remedies for damaged hair is using shea butter. Shea butter is another type of butter, which is considered a natural moisturizer for your hair. With the same function as described above in tip 2, it plays a role as a protective layer keeping your hair safe from strong UV rays. Moreover, loaded in Shea butter is anti-inflammatory compounds which can promote the recovery of damaged hair as well as the hair growth.
- To prepare the treatment for hair, you have to use a double boiler to melt 100gm of Shea butter.
- When it gets cooler, remember to complement into the butter 20gm of apricot kernel oil.
- Now, you stir all the ingredients well, and put 20 drops of lemongrass oil, 40gm cornstarch, and 10 drops of rosemary into the mixture.
- Whip them well then apply the mixture to your damaged hair.
Continue reading this writing to discover other natural home remedies for damaged hair if you want to know more!
4. Use Ghee Butter For The Damaged Hair
If you need a speed method to help you eradicate dry scalp and hair, you should really take use of ghee, one of the best and simplest home remedies for damaged hair. Ghee, usually known as clarified butter, is usually used in most Indian households. With the high content of oil and be rich with unrefined fats, ghee is believed to bring about soft and smooth hair for the users. If you are fed up with dry hair and hair loss, take some ghee because it is extremely cost-effective and always available. When you get some on your hand, you now can become more confident because of its capability to turn your tangled hair into hair with radiant, bouncy and smooth texture. If you own dry, rough or coarse hair, ghee should be used regularly.
Take some ghee, then, you apply it directly to your area of damaged hair, strands and scalp. After using it, you use shampoo to wash it off. By doing this, it will bring to your hair silky and soft nature because its function is like that of a natural conditioner.
5. Use Egg Extract Or Combine It With Other Beneficial Ingredients
Egg, to be exact, is popularly known for its great benefits in treating damaged hair and it is considered among the best natural home remedies for damaged hair. As we all know, the more protein you provide hair, the stronger your hair is. Therefore, seeking for sources rich with protein is the most effective way to get soft and flexible hair. A source that can not be ignored is the egg, especially egg yolk which is found with high-quality protein and can bring about shiny hair. Egg yolk is responsible for moisturizing your dehydrated hair as it includes so many beneficial enzymes that can make your hair softer and smoother. You can simply blend 2 eggs with ½ cup of olive oil. Then you stir the solution thoroughly and apply this to the hair. Cover your hair with a towel and hold it for 1 hour. After that, rinse with water.
In addition, if you want to get rid of the scalp and cleanse your hair, you just need to separate egg white. You can simply take the egg white out of the egg and apply directly to the hair. Rinse it off after about 20 minutes.
Besides the above approaches, you can completely try other natural and effective home remedies for damaged hair using eggs. Keep following these guides for more details.
- You break 1-2 eggs (depend on how long your hair is) in a bowl. Put some lemon juice to the eggs as this can wipe away the foul smell and a little oil (2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil) as this can make the mask more hydrating. Then you mix the mixture well with a little honey and apply to the hair, remember to massage your hair gently so that all the nutrients can take the best effect. You leave it there for 15-20 minutes. To finish, you rinse off the mask with water. Reapply this method once in 2-4 weeks.
- You can totally combine eggs with yogurt to create the best remedy to your dull hair. First, you beat 2 eggs in a cup containing full-fat yogurt. Then, you put into it 1.5 tablespoons of almond oil. You whip the mixture until it gets thick enough and apply to the hair. Massage the scalp and hair gently. After that, cover your treated hair with a dry towel. After 30 minutes, rinse it off with tepid water.
- Another method is to mix 3 eggs with one tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together, then add a little rosemary oil into it. Now you get what you want, apply the solution to the hair, leave it there for 20 minutes and wash it off with normal shampoo.
There is a large number of home remedies for damaged hair using eggs. In the framework of this article, just some of them are mentioned. Hope that you can choose the best suitable remedies to attain glossy and shiny hair.
6. Take Some Yogurt To Make Hair Paste
As mentioned above, yogurt can be combined with eggs to create an effective remedy among at home remedies for damaged hair. Yogurt, on its own, can also be one of the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. Apart from being a nutritious food that can not be a lack in the daily diet, it can be utilized to cope with damaged hair situation and supply enough conditioning to the hair. If you used to go to hair salons, it is certain that at least one time your hair has ever treated with yogurt mixed with eggs. According to some studies, this method would provide your hair with a high level of protein. You can do it at home as well or just yogurt is enough. Yogurt is rich with fats and lactic acid, which will cleanse your hair and scalp, simultaneously the fats will moisturize your hair.
- Now, prepare 2-4 tablespoons of plain yogurt to apply to your damaged hair.
- Massage the treated area gently.
- Leave it there for 20-30 minutes.
- After that, you rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Finally, to make a more hydrating mask for hair, you can beat eggs with yogurt. (For more details, look at clause 3).
- Repeat this method once every week in the beginning and once in 2-3 weeks after that.
7. Use Humidifier To Let Hair Breathe
“Your hair, also like your body, also needs time to rest.”
Usually, it’s nighttime for your hair to relax and restore its nature. Letting it rest for a whole night would help it have time to breathe. In other words, during dry season or winter, your hair may get dry more easily than usual. And your house may get heating several times keeping the air hot and dry making your hair dry out quicker. The solution to this problem is that using a humidifier in your house to provide moisture back into the air, especially during night time. This will certainly protect your hair from being exposed to hot air, thereby keeping your hair moist and hydrated all the time. If you are getting problems with your hair, why don’t you take a humidifier to rest your hair now?
8. Take Advantage Of Hot Oil Massage
When talking about home remedies for damaged hair, we cannot forget such treatments extracted from oil. Oil massaging is among the most indispensable home remedies for damaged hair. Oil message, to be more specific, has been used for years to eliminate and prevent dry hair. The truth is, your scalp’s blood circulation will be enhanced as you use oil to massage your hair regularly. So such oil will help to promote the sebaceous glands to raise much more sebum that would provide your hair with an efficient protective layer. Thanks to the great effect of oil massage on hair, using hot oil massage is even more effective as the oil will deeply immerse into the hair roots. Besides, hot oil massage can nourish your hair well because it can transfer all the crucial nutrients to your scalp and hair. It is also considered a great method to prevent the roughness on your hair. Therefore, making a good oil recipe for your hair is really a perfect idea, but initially, you just should apply the hot oil massage 2-3 times a week.
There are various types of oil that you can utilize for your damaged hair such as olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil. To understand more about the application of each of the above oils, please continue with the following tips.
9. Massage Hair With Olive Oil
The first oil that should be mentioned as one of the best home remedies for damaged hair using natural oils is olive oil. It is a very popular remedy to treat damaged hair. It is not only used solely but also combined with other ingredients to make useful treatment for your hair. Olive oil is packed with a high level of fatty acids, lots of antioxidants and vitamin E, which can help to seal the cuticle with moisture to restore damaged hair faster. Besides, it can be used to prevent the further harm on hair. You can heat olive oil to promote its effect in strengthening hair’s health and making it shine brightly.
- You can prepare enough olive oil in the bowl and warm it in a microwave.
- After having warm oil, you apply it directly to your hair shafts and scalp.
- Then you use your fingertips to massage gently your treated hair
- You use a towel to cover this area for 30 minutes or leave it overnight.
- Finally, you shampoo and condition your hair with hair products
- You should follow this method at least once a week.
You can try another way using olive oil.
- Combine ½ cup of honey with a ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Then you warm them up and apply to your damaged hair.
- Leave it there for 30 minutes
- Finally, you use tepid water and shampoo to rinse your hair well.
- Reapply this method 1-2 times a week.
Besides, you can also try mixing olive oil with blended egg and a peeled cucumber. You have to prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil put into the mixture of egg and cucumber. Then you apply this solution to the hair and cover it with a shower cap. After 10 minutes, rinse your hair with shampoo twice.
You can totally combine olive oil with egg yolk. You just need 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to create the mixture. Add ½ cup of water into this mixture to dilute it thoroughly. Apply this smooth paste to your damaged hair and keep it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with shampoo after that.
10. Deeply Condition Hair With Almond Oil
Almond oil is another kind of oil, which can heal your damaged hair. With the same function as olive oil, almond oil is also usually taken as one of the most effective home remedies for damaged hair. The recipe to make treatment for hair with almond oil is also very simple.
- You just need to warm 2 tablespoons of almond oil in less than 1 minute (40 secs).
- To make it more fragrant, you can put a few drops of vanilla in it.
- Then you apply the oil to your hair and massage it gently.
- You leave it there for 30 minutes and after that using shampoo and cool water to rinse off your hair.
You can try other way using almond oil to treat damaged hair.
- You can mix almond oil with egg by blending 1 raw egg with a ¼ cup of almond oil.
- Then you apply this mixture to your hair and leave it there for 40 minutes.
- To finish, you rinse off your hair using shampoo and fresh water.
11. Moisturize Hair With Botanical Oil
There exists another kind of oil, which is very beneficial for your hair called botanical oil. This kind of oil is very easy to find and always available in health food stores. Being listed beside olive oil, almond oil, and more, botanical oil is also proven one of the effective home remedies for damaged hair. In case your hair is too thick, coconut oil is suitable for your hair best.
The recipe of botanical oil is also very simple to apply.
- You just need to moisten your hair a little bit and take a relative amount of botanical oil to apply to your hair until your damaged hair is covered completely.
- You use a towel to hold your hair for 30 minutes.
- Then rinse off your hair with shampoo and fresh water.
12. Strengthen Hair With Coconut Oil
In fixing dry hair and restoring damaged hair, there is a very popular ingredient extracted to make a wonderful treatment for hair problems called coconut oil. It will become a shortage if we don’t mention coconut oil. Coconut oil, one of the natural home remedies for damaged hair, is an available source of herb that can be found easily in the drug store, health stores or grocery stores. It is considered a natural conditioner for damaged dry hair thanks to the molecular structure of coconut oil, which is, unlike other moisturizers, responsible for penetrating hair shafts to get past the cuticle helping to nourish hair and prevent damage from inside out. Packed with vitamin E, capric acid and lauric acid, coconut oil can help to restructure the hair, strengthen it by limiting protein loss and provide shine to hair. Those who used to use coconut oil all get satisfied as it helps to fix split ends, hair breakage, tangles thoroughly,… and makes thin hair become thicker.
Coconut oil is a real magic for your damaged hair. To use coconut oil, you just need to apply it to your hair and scalp and massage it gently. Then you leave it there overnight and wash it off in the next morning. Warm coconut oil is also another great approach to your hair. Try it if you want.
13. Nourish Hair With Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is kind of healing and nourishing oil extracted from sesamum flower, which is rich of vitamin E, B and B complex, along with important minerals like magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. Therefore, it is not strange when sesame oil is used widely to strengthen hair and scalp besides providing hair roots with deep nourishment.
Sesame oil works as a natural screen protecting layer of hair from being affected by harmful strong UV rays as well as pollution. It can help to improve scalp circulation, which is very important for follicles’ health. With its high anti-fungal and powerful antibacterial quality, sesame oil not only treats head lice well but also provide hair with deep conditioning. Besides, by calming and soothing tissues, sesame oil acts as a coolant helping moisturize hair and prevent hair dryness. This oil is very beneficial in nourishing scalp and controlling dryness caused by the lack of hydrating nutrients and liquids in your daily diet.
- To use sesame oil effectively, you should mix one tablespoon each of sesame oil, lemon juice and root juice.
- Then you apply the mixture directly to your scalp and hair.
- Cover the area with a hot shower cap.
- After 30 minutes, you rinse it off with shampoo.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for damaged hair presented in the next part of this writing, so keep reading if you want to discover more!
14. Nurture Hair With Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another effective home remedy in the list of top 45 home remedies for damaged hair and itchy scalp. This kind of oil is extracted from the leaves of a plant grown in Australia called melaleuca and is proven to be among the most wonderful home remedies for damaged hair. Loaded with a large number of beneficial properties, tea tree oil is very useful when being applied to your damaged hair making your hair become stronger and healthier. It is believed to take away all of your scalp problems bringing about comfort to your hair as well as the scalp.
Loaded in tea tree oil are so many anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral components, which are extremely positive in combatting with dry scalp and the effects of damaged hair. Fortunately, it owns a great fragrance and can even moisturize better; therefore, it is considered the reasonable choice for anyone who are being bothered by the damaged hair and scalp.
- The fast and cheapest way of using tea tree oil is using it in your hair conditioner. Remember to take the essential oil form of tea tree oil and then put 1 tablespoon of it in your conditioner. Now, you just need to apply directly the solution to your damaged hair and wait for the better result.
- You can totally seek for a hair product that contains tea tree oil such as conditioner or shampoo made with tea tree oil. Be sure to buy the most suitable type of products that are gentle to your hair. Then all you need to do is apply such products to your damaged hair.
15. Soften Hair With Castor Oil
Castor oil is another helpful natural remedy among top 45 home remedies for damaged hair presented in this writing. Castor oil is not only used to treat for the hair, but also for a variety of hair problems such as dandruff, breakage, split ends, etc… It is naturally comprised of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory components along with such nutrients as proteins, essential minerals and vitamin E; therefore, it is not strange that castor oil can reduce damaged hair and promote hair growth exceptionally.
You may find it hard to get rid of hair problems, but as soon as you apply castor oil, your hair will become smoother and softer as you expect. Dealing with damaged hair means that you may face with problem of split ends, which is a very common problem and castor oil will work well under this circumstance when it can immerse deep into your scalp to smoothen your dry hair cuticles. In this case, castor oil is of heavy consistency; therefore, you can mix it with jojoba oil or olive oil for more gentle treatment. You apply this solution to your hair sections and rinse it off after 30 minutes. You will see a better result after that.
It also acts as an effective moisturizer because it can regain the lost shine and texture of your hair. Loaded with helpful conditioning and moisturizing, it is seen as a protective coat to prevent harmful effect on your hair and scalp.
Apart from being mixed with other kinds of ingredients to be applied directly to damaged hair, castor oil can be used as a wash or mask. Utilizing castor oil treatment on a regular basis, your hair will be restored and turn into shiny and smooth. To create a magical mask for hair, follow these steps:
- First of all, you combine ¼ cup of water with ¼ cup of castor oil to make hair treatment.
- Then, you massage gently the scalp down to the ends with the solution. You need to rub the solution into your hair gently with fingertips. At this time, omega-9 fatty acids in the oil will take effect to fix the damaged area.
- After that, you wash off your hair with warm water, use a dry towel cap to cover the area treated with the oil solution and leave it overnight for hydration.
- Waking up in the next morning, shampoo your hair to remove the oil. Make sure all the remaining castor oil is rinsed off thoroughly with much warm water.
16. Get Rid Of Damaged Hair With Sandalwood Oil
Sandalwood oil – another safe and natural remedy among the best home remedies for damaged hair using natural oils – known for its great effect in hydrating and moisturizing the dry skin is now applied to struggle with damaged hair well. It is also one of the most nourishing oil used for your hair. With the identical components as of the above kinds of oil like anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiviral, sandalwood oil is proven to do away with stubborn hair issues excellently.
The method of using sandalwood is quite simple.
- You just need to combine some drops of sandalwood oil with jojoba or olive oil.
- Then you use your fingertips to rub the mixture to your hair down to the ends. Remember to be gentle. This will help to curb hair breakage and smoothen your hair immediately.
- You can try another way, which is to spray some drops of sandalwood oil to your hand and apply them to your damaged hair. Now wait for shiny and smooth hair.
17. Eliminate Dull Hair With Lavender Essential Oil
Another kind of oil that should be mentioned is lavender essential oil. It is also one of the most commonly known home remedies for damaged hair. It, in fact, can fix damaged hair because of its emollient properties. Lavender oil is majorly extracted from the lavender plant. It can not only provide deep conditioning to your damaged hair but also balance the oil in your scalp giving you the right level of hydration. In addition, packed in lavender oil are anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can fix hair damage and dandruff, and promote hair growth fast.
- You just need to put 2-3 drops of lavender oil to your daily hair massage. Now you can use it regularly for better hair’s health.
- You may put 2-3 drops of lavender oil into the warm olive oil to make hot oil massage to your scalp and hair. Reapply this method week by week.
- You can also combine some kinds of beneficial oils like sage oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil with lavender oil to create a magical mixture for hair. Mix 1-2 drops of each kind of oil together. After shampooing and using your conditioner, you apply this mixture to your hair, massage gently for a few minutes.
18. Mitigate Hair Problems With Burdock-Rosemary Oil
There seem to be so many kinds of oil that you may feel confused about them; however, to provide the fullest sets of oil remedies for you to choose which one is the most suitable method for your damaged hair, this article reveals to you one more remedy extracted from oil called burdock-rosemary oil. If you are suffering from an extremely bad hair situation, take effect of this remedy. Burdock herb contains many fatty acids, so when being applied to your hair and scalp, it can reduce your itchy scalp and moisturize your hair well by stimulating blood circulation and nurturing your hair follicles. Loaded in burdock is phytosterols and silica, which can remove dandruff thoroughly. Besides, it also helps to prevent breakage as well as supply shine to your hair. The mucilage is found in burdock root and it can make your hair detangle fast. Meanwhile, rosemary is responsible for promoting hair growth and making it more controllable. Now, you can infuse burdock and rosemary oil for your damaged hair!
- First, you have to prepare burdock root and rosemary leaves.
- You use a pestle to smash them to extract their oil.
- Then you mix oils in a pan.
- After that, you put some ground herbs to the oil mix.
- Bring it to warm it up while letting flame at a low level.
- Simmer the oil for 8 hours to make sure no moisture is released from the herbs inside.
- Then you filter the oil to remove the remainder of herbs.
- You store it in a bottle.
- You can add essential oil into it such as lavender oil, coconut oil, olive oil to bring about the comfortable smell and stimulate hair growth.
- Now, you massage gently your hair and scalp using this mixture.
- Reapply this method 2-3 times a week in the beginning, and weekly later if you need.
19. Make Tea Hair Rinse
You may think that tea or black tea is just used to drink and satisfy your mind with its mild scent. Actually, it even owns more advantages than you may think. It can be utilized several times to help you deal with dry hair and recover damaged hair. Tea, especially black tea is widely known as an efficient conditioner or moisturizer for dry hair and scalp. To take the greatest effect of tea, keep in mind that you just should use warm and unsweetened tea for shiny, smooth and soft hair.
- On a regular basis, after you shampoo, rinse your hair in tea. This will help to promote your hair color, so you should use the kind of tea suitable for your hair color. If you possess blond hair, use chamomile tea instead because black tea may lose your tresses. If you are a brunette, you can totally use black tea to enhance color and shine.
- Another way that can be applied with tea is using black tea bag put into a cup of hot water. After a few minutes, you will get the tea as you want. Now, you rub it on your hair and leave it there for 20-30 minutes. Finally, you wash off your hair with fresh water.
20. Rinse Hair With Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is another kind of tea which is very beneficial when used for hair care. With its fabulous effects on hair, it is not strange to call it one of the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. Chamomile tea is famous with the ability to lighten your hair color perfectly. If you possess blond hair and want its color to become shiny, it is good for you to apply chamomile tea to your hair. If you are getting trouble with hair loss or split ends, you should really use chamomile tea to supply your hair with enough moisture and hydration. Moreover, it can help to strengthen your hair making it detangle fast as it can soothe irritation and inflammation of your scalp. So how to use chamomile tea effectively, follow this guide to know how:
- First, you have to boil about 2-3 cups of water in a small pot.
- When boiling, you add into the pot 1-2 tea bags, a cup of dried chamomile flowers or 1 cup of chamomile tea.
- You lower the flame down and leave the pot there for 30 minutes, don’t forget to stir it some times.
- After 30 minutes, you get the pot out and cool it up until it gets tepid.
- You remove the tea bags to let them squeeze or let them strain to get rid of chamomile flowers.
- Now you get the infusion in a bowl, you can apply it directly to your hair.
- Hold another bowl below your head to take remaining infusion and rinse your hair after that. You should use it to rinse hair on a regular basis.
If you want to have hair with lighter color, use a clean cloth to dip into the infusion, then squeeze it on your hair. Once your hair gets damp, cover the hair area with a shower cap and leave it there for 1 -1.5 hours. Finally, wash your hair and dry it thoroughly.
There are a lot of other wonderful home remedies for damaged hair, so continue reading if you want to know more!
21. Take Use Of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera may be a multifunctional herb, which is used to cure so many diseases and fix many problems including skin and hair. It is like a great moisturizer for skin and a wonderful conditioner for your hair. And aloe vera is considered one of the best natural home remedies for damaged hair. It is a kind of herb, which is safe in nature and flexible in function; therefore, it is usually taken as a household aid to the hair. There are many forms of aloe vera for you to choose, but the most common type is aloe vera gel, which can provide enough conditioning and moisture to your hair making it silky and smooth. You can either apply the aloe vera gel to deeply condition your hair or create a nourishing mask to cover your damaged area of hair.
The first way is described according to these steps.
- Firstly, you need to prepare 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Then mix them with 3 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Then you stir them well and apply to damaged hair.
Another way of using aloe vera is to make a mask for hair.
You can try combining this herb with hibiscus flower like this:
- You smash the hibiscus flower to extract the paste from them
- Then you mix the paste with aloe vera gel
- Don’t forget to add a few drops of olive oil and mix them well
- After shampooing your hair, you use this solution as a conditioner for hair
- You massage your hair and scalp gently and leave there for a few minutes
- When you are done, you wash the hair with water.
The last way for you to utilize aloe vera gel is as of the following instruction:
- First, you need to prepare ½ cup of aloe vera gel by grinding it
- You add 2 tablespoons of castor oil to ½ cup of aloe vera gel and mix them well
- Then you complement 1 teaspoon of basil powder and 2 teaspoons of fenugreek powder to the mixture
- You mix all of the ingredients well until you see them become thick and smooth paste
- You apply this paste to damaged hair before going to bed and leave it there overnight.
- In the next morning, remove the mask with a mild shampoo.
22. Combine Banana With Egg Or Avocado
It may sound strange, but in fact, banana can exceptionally provide your hair with enough nourishing compounds helping your hair become silky and flexible. Apart from being a nutritious fruit raising people’s energy, it is even used commonly as one of the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. The reason why banana becomes so magical like that is it naturally contains so many nutrients like vitamin A, E, C and some kinds of essential minerals like iron, manganese, potassium, biotin (which is also found in avocado to fix hair damage)… The high level of potassium, vitamins and carbohydrate really makes it an effective remedy to fix hair problems, smoothen as well as protect hair excellently. If you are facing with such hair problems as split ends, breakage, dandruff or dry hair, banana is really an ideal choice for you. To make great hair pack for your damaged hair, please follow these steps:
- You smash a ripe banana and ½ of a ripe avocado first
- Then you add some more coconut milk into the mixture
- You stir them well before getting smooth paste
- You apply this paste directly to your hair and leave it there for 20-30 minutes
- Finally, you wash off your hair with lukewarm water.
You also can mix banana with egg.
- First, you blend 2 ripe bananas, then add 2 eggs into them.
- Whip and stir both of the ingredients well and put a little honey into the mixture.
- When you have a smooth paste, you apply it directly to your scalp and hair.
- After 30 minutes, you rinse your hair with mild shampoo.
23. Take A Few Honey To Make Coat For Hair
Honey on its own contains so many beneficial properties. Therefore, it is not strange that honey is also used as a wonderful remedy for so many health problems including hair problems. It is seen as a nourishing hair product. Although it is kind of sticky, it can be mixed with various types of natural ingredients to make a perfect mask for your hair.
- You can prepare paste using 2 tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of buttermilk.
- Then you stir them well and warm it.
- After that, you apply this mixture directly to your hair.
- Use a towel to cover this area for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair off with water after that.
You may be interested in making a mask of ½ cup of honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. You apply this mask to your hair and cover your scalp with a towel. After 30 minutes, you rinse off your hair with shampoo.
You can even try mixing 2 tablespoons of pure vegetable glycerin, 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. After shampooing, you use the honey conditioner to apply on your damaged hair.
Or you can mix honey with your normal conditioner and then apply directly to your hair. After shampooing, you use 1 part of honey mixed with 2 parts of conditioner to deeply condition your damaged hair. You should remember that honey can lighten your hair, so watch out!
24. Try Unboiled Milk
It can be said that milk is also among the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. It naturally contains proteins, minerals, fats and vitamins, which are very useful for health and enhance cells including hair cells. In fact, milk is not only used as a moisturizer for dry skin but also taken as a great conditioner for hair. It can supply your hair with deep conditioning, so it can be applied directly to your damaged hair or combined with other natural ingredients to create a wonderful mask for hair. The use of milk is also so simple to apply.
- You just need to make a paste of some water mixed with ¼ cup of goat milk.
- After getting milk solution, you apply it to your hair and massage gently.
- Then you wrap your head with a warm shower cap
- After 15-20 minutes, you wash your hair with mild shampoo.
To take more effect of milk to bring about soft and shiny hair, you can combine it with egg.
- First, you beat an egg, extract the egg yolk to a bowl and add some drops of olive oil in it with ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Then, you stir all of the ingredients well.
- You shampoo your hair with tepid water and apply milk to your hair, let it be there for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair after the specified time.
- Now, you apply the mixture of egg yolk and olive oil to your hair, and massage gently.
- To finish, you use cold water to wash your hair.
25. Try Beer – A Weird But Effective Remedy!
Beer, apart from being a vital coolant for your body during the super hot days, is also considered one of the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. It is sure that you have heard about beer treatment for hair at least one time. It may sound strange initially, but later, you will realize how effective beer remedy is because beer is a natural and nutritious source, besides egg and oil, which can provide hair with essential conditioning and moisture. Besides, beer is known for its ability to enhance hair growth and maintain strong hair’s health. It is also rich with vitamin B and protein, which are very useful to the hair repair. For the best result, you should use full-bodied beer for deep treatment. Remember that you should not take Coors light for hair. There are so many ways to utilize beer such as directly applying on hair and combining it with other ingredients.
The first choice for you is to use beer directly on your hair. You wash your hair first and take some beer with clean hands. Use beer as a conditioner. Finally, use a dryer to take away beer smell.
You can even try mixing beer with eggs or essential oil. Just pour a little jojoba oil into 8 ounces of dark beer and apply the solution to your hair after that. After 15 minutes, you rinse off your hair with tepid water.
The third way is to combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of beer. After shampooing, you use this for your hair and massage gently. Take it as your normal conditioner.
26. Gelatin – Not Just Eaten But Used For The Damaged Hair
Gelatin, to some extents, may be one of the efficient home remedies for damaged hair, in addition to treating some kinds of skin problems and make a delicious dish to enjoy. To damaged hair treatment, you need to prepare a cup of hot water, put 1 pack of gelatin into it. Then, you stir them well together until you get a thick gel. After shampooing your hair, you apply the gelatin gel to your scalp and hair. After a few times, you wash your hair with warm water.
Or you can mix gelatin with your normal shampoo and apply to your damaged hair.
Another way for you to utilize gelatin is to combine 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar added with four drops of rosemary oil. You mix all of them in a cup of fresh water. While shampooing, you apply this mixture to your hair and massage gently. After 15 minutes, use fresh water to rinse your hair. To get a positive result, it is suggested that you should take this method once a week.
27. Create Perfect Papaya Pack For The Damaged Hair
Looking around, you will see that there is a variety of natural sources, which can be extracted to help you deal with hair problems, including papaya. To be more specific, papaya paste can be made as a mask to protect damaged hair, and so it is believed to be one of the most outstanding home remedies for damaged hair.
Papaya can provide you with amazing hair care and can be obtained by the use of fruit and product made from it. Papaya is rich with nourishing components, which can provide hair shaft with exceptional nutrients and create the great volume for your damaged hair. In addition, with its rich nutrients, it can help to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth. Your hair is also thickened if you supplement your papaya to your daily diet. The extract from papaya leaves is also utilized as an effective hair conditioner, which can soften and add shine to your hair.
- To prepare papaya mask for your hair, you mix 1 cup of mashed papaya with 1 cup of blended banana and 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Then you add 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey into the mixture above.
- You stir all of the ingredients above to get a thick paste.
- You apply this mask for your hair, and use a towel to wrap your head for 30 minutes.
- To finish, you wash your hair thoroughly.
28. Use Pumpkin To Make Mask
It is said that paste made from a natural source is always the greatest choice for your damaged hair. Pumpkin paste is also an effective remedy like that. In fact, pumpkin treatment is proven as one of the most common home remedies for damaged hair because pumpkin is enriched with so many beneficial vitamins suitable for hair repair. Moreover, it is considered a natural conditioner for hair. Therefore, if you are stuck with bad hair situation, it is suggested that you should apply pumpkin mask to your hair immediately. You can follow these steps for more details.
- First, you have to boil a slice of ¼ of a whole pumpkin for 20 minutes. After that, you crush it with a masher to get paste form of it. Then, you put into it plain yogurt and stir all of them well. When you get paste thick enough, you apply it to your damaged hair for 15-20 minutes. When you are done, use shampoo to rinse your hair.
- You also can try using pumpkin juice as a treatment for hair. All you need to do is blend chopped and cooked pumpkin in a processor to extract 2 cups of it. Then you put into them one tablespoon of each of coconut oil, honey and yogurt. After that, you blend all of them again to get the fine puree. Now, you apply this mask to your hair and cover head with a plastic cap. After 15 minutes, you wash your hair with shampoo.
29. Use Cocoa Powder To Make Conditioner For The Damaged Hair
You really can create your own shampoo to treat your damaged hair if you realize that your hair products in use are not able to satisfy yourself. Be exposed to one of the most effective home remedies for damaged hair using cocoa powder to make hair shampoo, you will get more flexible and stronger hair as you want.
If you have light dark brown hair, you should really utilize the benefits of sweetened or unsweetened cocoa powder to cure damaged hair. Though it is quite not popular, it can make great shampoo for hair. Because it doesn’t leave streaks, it can do the best for brunettes. To use cocoa powder as hair treatment, you just need to do as following instruction:
For the first try, you can combine apple cider vinegar, honey, plain yogurt with cocoa powder to create a mask for your hair. Rinse hair after you use this mask.
The second try is that you patter 2-3 teaspoons of ground sweetened or unsweetened cocoa powder over your roots’ top. Then you use fingertips’ pads to massage gently the treated powder on the damaged area of hair.
30. Use Sugar Water To Make Good Hairspray
It may sound weird, but in fact, making homemade hair spray from natural ingredients is not new but becomes a trend to cure damaged hair. Among the most popular ingredients is sugar hair spray. You might scream out loud that sugar is too sticky for your hair and may attract bugs, the truth is not so awful like that. It even doesn’t cause harm to your hair as you may imagine. Using sugar hairspray will bring about a big surprise to you because it will complement lacking hydration and texture to your hair without sticky residue. It is even safer than any other products using alcohol, so spraying it on your hair, it will not dry your hair but deeply conditioning your damaged area.
The first recipe of sugar will be made with flexible hold spray. To carry out this method, you mix 1 teaspoon of sugar with ½ cup of hot water. After getting the infusion, you pour it into the spray bottle. Spray this infusion on your hair regularly to get shiny and soft hair.
The second try is made with max hold spray. You just need to mix 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a ½ cup of hot water, then pour the infusion into a bottle. Spray it on hair several times.
31. Try Homemade Herbal Shampoo
Another trend that is widely followed by thousands of people who are suffering from troublesome hair problems is making herbal shampoo. This kind of shampoo is made from natural herbs, which are nourishing for the hair and can fix damaged hair in a short time. It is seen as one of the most popular home remedies for damaged hair. To make herbal shampoo at home, follow these steps:
- You need to prepare one packet each of basil leaves and curry leaves, 100 gm soap beans, 250 gm green gram, 250 gm fenugreek and 500 gm shikakai.
- Then, store all of them in a clean cloth under the sun until they get dry.
- When dry, you crush them to get fine powder.
- With a relative amount, you mix this powder with a suitable amount of water, then you shampoo your hair with it.
32. Make Sage Hair Rinse
Continuing is another herbal hair rinse used for hair called sage hair rinse. Sage is a herb with useful properties which can repair hair damage and smoothen hair fast. It is a kind of herb not only good for hair but also positive for thinning and graying hair. As you know, the reason why your hair gets weak and graying speedily is that you don’t provide enough nutrients and nourishing compounds for your hair. Therefore, you should seek for sage because it will supplement what your hair is lacking. It is rich with minerals, vitamin B and C, potassium, zinc, magnesium, which can bring about the amazing effect on hair. Moreover, it is loaded with so many excellent antibacterial, astringent, antioxidant components, so it can be one of the finest herbs for hair soothing. Now, take time to make sage hair rinse:
- First, you need to prepare boiling water to cover the sage herb (1-2 tablespoons of dried sage leaves).
- Then, you let it steep until it gets cooler.
- Filter it to remove the herb’s residue.
- Use shampoo to wash your hair thoroughly.
- After humidifying your hair with water, you pour the sage hair rinse down on your hair and scalp.
- Massage gently to ensure sage hair rinse gets deep into your scalp for a few minutes.
- After using this kind of hair rinse, it is up to you to use clean water to wash your hair or not.
33. Have Comfrey Get Deep Into Your Hair
In treating damaged hair, you should always try using from simple method to complex ones if needed. Hair rinse is one of the easiest ways to get rid of hair loss or damage because it can speedily immerse into your scalp and provide your hair with enough condition. Provided that you use the right ingredient, your hair will be provided with the natural sheen. Comfrey is the herb, which can supply enough natural sheen for your damaged hair. Using comfrey regularly, you can completely soothe your dry scalp as well as energize your dull hair. Moreover, it is a kind of herb having fast growth, so you will never be worried about its availability because you definitely can grow it in your garden on your own in a specific season and store it for the rest of the year. Or you can go to the herbal store to get some comfrey if it is near your site. To make efficient comfrey treatment for your hair, take a look at this instruction:
- First, you need to cover the comfrey herb in the bowl with hot water and let it there for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Strain the herbs after specified time or in the next morning
- After shampooing your hair, you pour slowly the comfrey hair rinse down on your hair. Keep a bowl under your head to get left herbal rinse. Make sure that the comfrey hair rinse covers both your hair and scalp.
- Remember to massage your hair and scalp gently for the hair rinse get deep into your scalp.
- Once again, pour the herbal rinse that left on the bowl over your head and massage your hair gently.
- Reapply this step for 2-3 times
- When you are done, wash your hair with fresh water.
- Keep the comfrey hair rinse for the next use.
34. Use Plain Or Mixed Mayonnaise
If your hair is getting frizzy or dull, you might take mayonnaise treatment to provide your hair with deep conditioning and store its health well. In fact, mayonnaise is also one of the best home remedies for damaged hair. Mayonnaise is found with a high level of oil, eggs and nurturing properties, which can promote hair’s health. Moreover, to the economic view, it is much cheaper than any other types of hair products. You can also find it easily in the local minimarket because it is always available there. With mayonnaise, you can use either full plain mayonnaise or mayonnaise mixed with other ingredients to make a mask.
To get plain mayonnaise, you can follow these steps:
- First, you need to get the right type of mayonnaise, which is full-fat one, not low-fat or fat-free one because it may do harm to your hair. You should avoid using mayonnaise with much flavoring, just use the type with natural ingredients which can save your hair.
- Depending on your hair’s length, you take ½ cup of mayonnaise. Don’t use too much because it would be hard to rinse off your hair.
- You take the cool mayonnaise in the refrigerator for 0.5-1 hour, then you warm it up a little bit for mayonnaise immerse into the hair’s follicles more easily.
- Then, you soak your hair with warm water
- Take some mayonnaise on your hands and apply it to your hair. Be sure mayonnaise covers all over your head, you may use a wide-teeth comb to distribute it through your hair.
- You use a plastic cap to wrap your hair and hold it there for 1 hour.
- After the specific time, you shampoo your hair with warm water.
Another choice for you is to combine mayonnaise with other nutritious ingredients such as eggs, honey, milk … to make a mask for hair.
- You can combine mayonnaise with eggs. You mix an egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of vinegar together in a bowl. Then you whisk ½ cup of canola oil slowly. Whisk until you get the mixture on the mayonnaise’s texture. Apply this mixture to your hair and wrap head with a towel. Let it rest for 1 hour then shampoo your hair thoroughly.
- You can make a mask with milk and honey with mayonnaise. You mix together ½ cup of mayonnaise depending on your hair’s length, 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. Then you apply the mixture to your hair and cover it with a towel. Let it rest for 1 hour, then shampoo your hair.
- Making mayonnaise mask using vinegar or lemon juice is also a great idea. You combine ½ cup of mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Then you apply this solution to your hair and cover it with a towel. After an hour, you shampoo your hair as usual.
35. Create Herbal Conditioner From Curry Leaves
Curry leaves, also called Kadi Patta, is another ideal natural source to make good hair treatment because it is comprised of essential nutrients, which are very beneficial to fix hair loss. Besides, curry leaves, by enhancing the scalp restoration, help the hair follicles to take a breath more easily. They also contain a high level of beta carotenes found in protein. Protein, at the same time, is an indispensable part to nourish hair. Using curry leaves also helps to promote the hair’s growth and fight against alopecia. Therefore, curry leaves are believed to be among the greatest home remedies for damaged hair. To make hair treatment using curry leaves, follow these steps:
- First, you need to prepare a ½ cup of coconut oil added with some washed and dried curry leaves, then you warm them up for 2-3 minutes.
- You let it rest in the room temperature, then take it to apply on your head and massage the hair gently for 5 minutes.
- Take a shower cap to wrap your hair, hold it there for half an hour.
- To finish, you rinse your hair off with a mild shampoo and dry it well.
Keep reading this writing to discover other wonderful home remedies for damaged hair!
36. Take Some Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds, also known as methi seeds, are one of the most effective home remedies for damaged hair according to someone’s viewpoint. It is undeniable that fenugreek seeds can bring about a great effect on your damaged hair because they contain a large number of beneficial properties to make hair’s health stronger. Such properties include high amount of protein which can provide hair with thick nature, iron which is very good for blood vessels, potassium which resist the growth of premature grey hair, lecithin which can strengthen follicles to treat sensitive scalp, vitamin C which helps to boost immunity. One more advantage of fenugreek seeds is that they are much cheaper than other luxurious products. So, it is suggested that you should store some fenugreek seeds in your house to deal with damaged hair thoroughly. To take use of fenugreek seeds for hair, you follow the instruction below:
- You pour 2 cups of water into a bowl containing a ½ cup of dried fenugreek seeds.
- You let them steep overnight.
- In the next morning, you strain the water and take the seeds for blending.
- While blending, you add some water to make thick paste
- When you are done, you get the paste to apply evenly to your hair and scalp.
- Then, use a bun to fix your covered hair for half an hour.
- You shampoo your hair after the specific time
- Rinse it off with cool water and shikakai in the end.
In addition to carrying out such above remedies to treat damaged hair, you should also pay attention to your daily routine and such activities, which can affect your hair positively or negatively. The following tips will provide you efficient ways to avoid damaged hair and the bad hair situation so that you can keep healthy, silky and gorgeous hair.
37. Limit The Time For Shampoo
Shampooing your hair regularly is a good way to keep your hair stay strong and healthy. Using a suitable type of shampoo will even provide you with texture and flexibility. That’s what hair commercials always tell you each time you watch T.V, so you don’t mind spending much time on so many expensive hair products to own attractive hair. Nevertheless, using too much shampoo can bring about bad influence for your hair. Moreover, someone is abusing too many kinds of shampoos without understanding deeply about their utility and ingredients. An ideal advice now is limit the time of using shampoo if you don’t want your hair to be damaged in a short time.
Actually, your hair just needs to be washed 2-3 times a week, washing your hair every day or too often is the main reason why your hair falls abnormally. In addition, you should also pay attention to what types of shampoo that fit you best. Usually, you can take mild shampoo that contains natural property such as coco-sulphate extracted from coconut oil. If you really understand your hair, you would choose the best shampoo for your hair and the appropriate time to have hair washed to avoid unexpected hair bad situation.
38. Avoid Much Heat Drying
The truth is that nowadays, more and more people are getting appealing to hair styling too much because they want to look more modern and attractive. As a result, they apply too many chemicals on hair and even use dryer several times to get stylish hair. There also exists a bad habit, which is to dry hair after shampooing. We all know that this can make your hair get dry more quickly, but it is one of the main causes leading to dull and damaged hair. Therefore, to avoid this situation, you should not use the dryer so many times during winter. If you are in an emergency but your hair cannot get dry fast, you can use the heat protection spray instead. These products will protect your hair from being frizzy and provide hair with much moisture hydrating hair in a short time. While air-drying is a really good choice for your wet hair, using such product as the heat protection spray is also a perfect replacement to give you strong hair.
39. Remember Using Conditioner In Outdoor Activities
Perhaps, conditioner is something that you cannot ignore if you really wish to own strong hair. It can be used daily and kept beside you in everyday activities including swimming or going on to the beach. People usually advise that your hair should be protected from strong UV rays when you go out for outdoor activities such as swimming. There are also a great number of products introduced to help you deal with this problem. But you should keep in mind that the products with natural ingredients are the best choice. So if you intend to use conditioner for hair, seek for safe and natural one in order to take its effect without caring about its toxins.
You can definitely make your own conditioner using the most familiar ingredients besides you. That is the mixture of ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with a ¾ cup of water. This is the popular conditioner, and you can scroll up to look at other types of natural conditioner that this article brings to you. When you have your expected conditioner, apply it whenever you have to go out, go swimming, or join outdoor activities for a long time.
40. Take Filtered Shower
Always remember that the way you take a shower also affects your hair. To be more specific, the type of water that you use to wash your hair may not meet standard quality. There is one thing that you may not care much about is the temperature of water used for hair. In your opinion, water that you are using is good enough, but in fact, it may contain large amount of chlorine, which can cause several damages and problems to your hair such as itchy scalp, damaged hair, split ends or hair loss. To guarantee your hair is not affected negatively, you should consider using filtered shower, which can reduce the contents of sulfur and chlorine. Besides, you should also check the water’s temperature before using to make sure it is not too hot and not too cold. Both of them would cause fast damages to your hair.
41. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar On Damaged Hair
Perhaps, apple cider vinegar is one of the most multifunctional ingredients as it is utilized as a treatment to a variety of diseases or health problems. It is also not an exception in dealing with damaged hair. Instead of consuming much money on luxurious types of shampoo, you can completely believe in the utility of ACV because it is seen as one of the most effective home remedies for damaged hair. ACV, in fact, has been used for centuries as a natural source of conditioning agents.
Both vinegar and ACV take an impact on the outer layer of your hair, which is known as the cuticle. The cuticle is formulated by unbroken overlapping layers of closely knit covering the surface of hair to supply it with shining appearance. When shampooing, the cuticle will open up. If you don’t know how to recover cuticle, your hair will become dry after washing. As a result, your hair will get weaker and rougher as there is residue which is stuck in your hair shafts which lie close to the cuticle. Fortunately, there are conditioners that help to recover your hair’s health. ACV, to some extents, not only recovers your cuticle but also wipes away the residue in your hair shafts. Besides, vinegar also helps to improve natural pH levels, so you can eliminate bothering scalp. So take use of vinegar now!
- First, you prepare 1 cup of vinegar or ACV, mix it with water to get hair rinse solution.
- After shampooing or conditioning your hair, apply this rinse to your hair.
- Massage hair and scalp gently. Let the rinse fall on the hair ends too.
- Leave it there for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash off the vinegar with water and dry your hair with a towel.
You should pay attention that though vinegar is very good for hair’s health, too much vinegar can lead to a more serious situation to your hair. So you just should utilize this method once in 1-2 weeks. Besides, take care of your eyes when using vinegar rinse as it may make you feel irritated.
42. Do not Abuse Permanent Hair Color
As mentioned above, nowadays, there are so many people attracted with using color to provide hair with a unique appearance. It is said that it belongs to the personal hobby of each individual, it is so hard to ban someone who wishes to have attractive hair. You also don’t want to have boring appearance just due to your dull and damaged hair. Therefore, the best advice for you is to continue using hair color with much consideration of which color is most suitable for your hair to avoid chemicals and toxin. Remember that the permanent hair color will seriously get your hair dry out faster than usual. So, if you want your hair to look shiny but still safe, you can choose such ammonia-free and oil-based color as Garnier Oilia. This kind of color is linked to oil’s droplets, which can penetrate the hair shaft making your hair less likely to break. There are also some other kinds of mild color you may be interested in, and be sure that they are not permanents containing too many chemicals or toxins.
43. Let Your Hair Down
You own strong hair and you want to style it to make it look unique. You can tie, braid or bun your hair depending on your interest without caring about that such actions can destroy your hair making it easily to break quickly because such actions can cause the change in hair’s structure, so your hair may be dull and damaged. Therefore, if you don’t have to join a special occasion, you should let your hair down, do not pull hair back too tightly because your hair may not have space to breathe and this can cause your headache. One more notice is that you should also not go to sleep with any accessories tied in your hair. They all make your hair be damaged more quickly. So, let your hair down several times to let it get natural looking and be protected from unexpected damages.
44. Keep A Healthy Diet
Your diet seems to be unrelated to hair issues, but in fact, your daily diet can determine the strength of your hair much. You should consume such food with high contents of nourishing properties for hair, and the most important thing is that food must provide much hydration to your hair. Always remember to supplement water to your daily diet. It is a normal but very important thing for the health of your body as well as your hair. The dry situation of hair is also the result of dehydration, drinking enough water will provide you with enough moisture, then your hair will get away with being dry. Or you can try salmon because it contains much of omega-3 fatty acids which can make hair stronger. Vitamin A, C are also very necessary for the hair found in green vegetables and some kinds of nuts. You should consider using these types of food on your daily diet if you really want to have glossy and shiny hair.
45. Wrap Your Wet Hair With Dry Towel – Do Not Rub It Roughly!
If you are suffering from damaged hair, you should not rub your hair after you get it wet or after you shampoo or wash your hair because it can cause hair falls as well as scratch the outer protective layer of hair. Therefore, in case you want to dry your wet hair after washing it, you just should cover your wet hair with a cotton towel. Hold the cotton towel there and dab it gently on the hair to absorb moisture. By doing so, this can protect your hair from getting split ends.
In conclusion, to keep strong and glossy hair, the most important thing is to provide it with a suitable condition. Hopefully, after reading the article of natural at home remedies for damaged hair – 45 best tips for hair, you can find for your hair the most appropriate remedy in order to get rid of troublesome weak and dull hair so that after all, you can be more confident in taking part in everyday activities with shiny and gorgeous hair.
If you have any questions related to this article or know some more effective home remedies for damaged hair, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment box. If you want to know more natural tips and remedies made at home to treat other normal problems, go to visit our main page Home Remedies for more details.