I – Overview
Hair is one of the most important parts of the human body, especially to girls. Therefore, if you have frizz, it can really irritate you and lessen your confidence. No matter how much you try to make your hair look good before walking out of your house, it will turn back into a bird nest just after some minutes.
Many of us choose to brush the hair frequently, comb it, and remove the hair part which seems to be too ugly. Some even get angry and blame for the bad texture of their hair. However, it is actually not the case. The frizzy hair is caused due to the lack of proper care. Your hair can be beautiful if you spend time and look after it on a regular basis. It does not mean you have to pay a lot of money, buy expensive hair care products or go to the salon several times a month for good treatment and nourishment for your hair. However, you need to look for good methods to look after your hair health with good home remedies for frizzy hair after a shower, straightening, or coloring. Look a little bit deeper in the cause of the frizz and conclude into an effective solution.
II – The Cause Of Frizzy Hair
There are two most common reasons for the frizzy hair . They are the damage and the dryness. Your hair needs hydration to be healthy and smooth. The thirst when the sufficient humidity is not met can lead to the problem of frizzy hair, when the cuticles have to rise and let more moisture in. It is due to the excessive outer atmosphere moisture that your hair swells up and forms frizz. When the lack of moisture continues for a long time, damage appears and makes your hair frizzy and ugly.
From what we have known, frizz is caused due to the lack of moisture and nourishment. Actually, without going to spas or salon for a cure, you can take care of your hair right at home with many methods. The very first thing to notice is the supplement of water and a balanced diet for every day. If you have followed a good menu for inner nourishment, just think about regular care from the outer, with concern to oiling and hair masks. In this article, AllRemedies.com lists out top home remedies for frizzy hair after a shower, straightening, or coloring which are recommended by therapists.
III – Top 16 Home Remedies For Frizzy Hair After Shower, Coloring, Or Straightening
1. Almond Oil And Egg
Almond oil  is a good remedy to help your hair to recover from damage. This is a natural conditioner and emollient for hair, so when combined with egg, this mixture can become one of the best natural home remedies for frizzy hair after a shower, straightening, or coloring in women to supply the hair with protein and make your hair smoother.
You have to prepare ¼ cup of almond oil and 1 egg. Follow the steps to make the remedy:
- Mix egg with almond oil for a smooth mixture.
- Divide your hair into some sections and apply the mixture on your scalp and through the length.
- Let the substances absorb in your hair texture. Rinse off with clean water.
- Wash your hair again with a soothing shampoo or conditioner. It is better without sulfates.
- Do this once a week.
2. Avocado Mask
It is very saving to use a home mask for hair like the one with the base of avocado. It is very effective to control the frizz and improve the texture of your hair gradually and quite clearly after each time applying. This mask has the ingredients of vitamin B and E, which help nourish your hair and recover the damaged part. Meanwhile, yogurt helps condition your hair deeply and provides a better look for regular use.
You will need to prepare a ripe avocado and a cup of yogurt for this recipe of home remedies for frizzy hair. Do as following:
- Cut the avocado and remove the pit.
- Mash it and mix with yogurt to create a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and let it absorb in the hair for 40-45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean water and use shampoo for another wash.
- Apply this twice a week for the best result.
3. Coconut Oil And Vitamin E
The antioxidants in vitamin E help our body to fight against free radicals and curb the damage to our hair. Therefore, it is often used for the purpose of body skin care. Meanwhile, coconut oil plays an important role in providing more nutrients and nourishing the hair texture .
You need vitamin E oil and organic cold-pressed coconut oil in the ratio 1:4 for this recipe. Follow these steps for the best result:
- Mix vitamin E oil with coconut oil and store it in a tight close container.
- Use an amount of 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture how to sufficient for your hair length.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp. Gently comb through the length.
- Leave it for 40 minutes and rinse it off with clean water.
- Apply once to twice a week for the best result.
The mask provides all the good sides that our hair needs for its health and good looking, from the strength, nourishment, and the shine. Applying the mask frequently, you can be supplied with more moisture for hair and by that, control the problem of frizzy hair. This recipe of home remedies for frizzy hair is considered one of the most effective hair masks to treat frizzy hair and remove the dry situation of hair.
All the ingredients you need include ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup pure almond oil and 1-2 eggs based on your hair length.
- Mix eggs, almond oil, and mayonnaise  into a bowl for a smooth paste.
- Apply a generous amount of the mixture on your hair, especially the damaged part. Cover the hair with a hot towel or shower cap.
- When the hair has absorbed all the nutrients, rinse off the mixture and wash your hair once with shampoo. Use conditioner for the last step.
- Apply this recipe twice a week for the best result.
Bananas  have been known as an effective remedy for hair conditioning. But when it is mixed with honey, the benefit is increased tremendously. Applying banana mask as one of the natural home remedies for frizzy hair in women, the damaged hair can soon be replaced with the smoother, healthier and more shining hair.
You have to prepare 1 ripe banana, 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/3 cup of coconut oil, or almond oil for this recipe.
- In a bowl, mash banana into a smooth paste. Mix it with honey and coconut/almond oil until blended.
- Gently apply this mixture through your hair length and your scalp. Keep it on your hair for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse it off and use shampoo and conditioner for the last treatment.
- Apply this once a week when your hair shows some signs of frizz.
Not only is a great remedy for General Beauty, but beer  is also a good remedy to supply your hair with more moisture and nourish the hair with a rich content of proteins and vitamin type B. Beer is known as an effective rinse to remove the build-up and keep your hair texture healthy from the inside.
For this recipe, you just need to prepare 1 pint of beer and do as following:
- Pour the beer into a bowl to decarbonize it. It is preferable to leave it overnight until the surface becomes flat.
- After washing your hair once with shampoo, pour the beer through your hair length and start massaging your scalp with fingers.
- Rinse the beer off your hair with cold and clean water.
- Apply this recipe once in two weeks.
7. Lemon And Honey
With the nutrients and nourishment from this mask, the dirt and grime in the hair will be quickly removed. Thanks to that, the frizz can also be reduced and give you back the smooth and nice hair. With a large content of vitamin C, the hair growth will be boosted quickly, and your hair will be healthy, shining, and strong.
For the lemon and honey recipe of home remedies for frizzy hair in adults can prepare beforehand 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 cup of water for this mixture. Follow these steps and start making your own remedy:
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Wash your hair clean with shampoo. Gradually pour the mixture through the length of your hair.
- Massage the scalp for 2-3 minutes. Leave it on your hair for 10 minutes more so the nourishing substance absorbing into the scalp.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the mixture off and wash again one more time with shampoo.
- Apply this remedy once in two weeks. You should use other kinds of conditioning hair mask during the rest of the week.
You do not have to spend too much time preparing this kind of home remedies for frizzy hair for conditioning. Honey, as we have already known, is a great moisturizer for hair. When we use honey for this recipe, our hair can get shinier, stronger, and smoother for the better look.
Before making this recipe, you need the ingredients of 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 cups of warm water.
- Firstly, stir well honey in water and gently pour it on your hair from the scalp to the end.
- Apply the honey equally on the hair and let sit for half an hour.
- Rinse off honey and wash one more time with shampoo and condition.
- If you have a dark hair and do not want your hair to be lightened, just use this mask once a week because honey can also lighten your hair if you apply it more regularly. Otherwise, apply it twice a week.
Find also: 34 Benefits and Uses of Honey for Skin Care
9. Honey And Yogurt
While honey helps provide more moistures; yogurt can be a great conditioner for hair. The combination of the two helps to improve the texture of your hair and make your hair look shinier and smoother.
For this recipe, you have to prepare 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt together with 1 tablespoon of honey. Make this as follow:
- In a large bowl, mix honey with yogurt into a thick paste.
- Apply on your hair and scalp generously. Let it sit for half an hour.
- Rinse off the mixture with clean and cold water.
- Repeat once a week so supply your hair with enough moisture and keep its texture healthy.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar for a hair mask, the pH level of your hair can be effectively balanced, and any open cuticles will be closed as well. Therefore, your hair will have cared with a supply of enough moisture while all dirt and grease are removed. Thanks to that, your hair will take back its shining and smooth look.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water for this recipe of natural home remedies for frizzy hair in women. You can follow these steps and make the remedy right at home:
- In a bowl, mix apple cider vinegar with cool water and set aside.
- Use shampoo to wash your hair clean. Apply the mixture of apple cider vinegar on your hair.
- Let it sit on your hair for some minutes and rinse off after that. Use conditioner to apply later.
- Make this once a week frequently so you can see the result soon.
11. Aloe Vera
Among the safe and natural home remedies for frizzy hair used for moisturizing, aloe vera is among the top most effective ones. You can combine it with a carrier oil to form a layer to protect your cuticles from letting moisture out and make your hair dry. After applying aloe hair mask on a regular basis, your hair will be softer, smoother, and shiner.
Prepare ¼ cup of aloe vera gel and ¼ cup of carrier oil for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine aloe vera gel with the carrier oil you choose.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp. Generously use it through the length of your hair.
- Let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes. Rinse it off with shampoo and condition.
- Repeat this twice a week if you need or just once is enough if your hair is not too much damaged.
Find more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice
12. Coconut Milk
When mentioning damaged and dry hair, you should not ignore essential oil, one of the top home remedies for frizzy hair in adults to recover the hair and give back the shiny and smooth look for your hair. With the perfect content of protein, coconut oil is among the best choice for moisturizers and nourishment methods for damaged hair.
This recipe needs 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk, which depends on the length of your hair and a bowl which can be used for heating.
- Pour coconut oil in the bowl and heat till warm.
- Apply the oil on your hair and let sit for half an hour so it can be absorbed into your hair texture.
- Wash your hair once with shampoo and use condition after that.
- Apply this remedy twice a week. Alternatively, use coconut milk if you prefer a more soothing method.
13. Oil Massage
To damaged hair, oil massage plays an important role in recovering and making your hair texture healthier. This is a great choice for your frizzy hair. In fact, many oils are sold in the market at the moment; each of them has strengths and weakness for use. Depending on your hair type that you can choose a suitable oil to apply on your hair and treat the problem of frizzy. Just have a look at the list below, which shows the best oils for damaged hair that you can choose from.
- Argan oil: Containing a great content of unsaturated fatty acids, the oil helps to treat your hair very well, especially the part with harsh damages. With argan oil, even the splitting parts in your hair end can also be recovered quickly, and as the result, your hair can look smoother and softer.
- Coconut oil : This oil is among the best hair oils for home remedies for frizzy hair which can penetrate deeply and improve your hair texture. The oil has a great content of fatty acids and thanks to that, your hair will be nourished deeply. When you apply this oil frequently, the hair will get stronger and healthier.
- Almond oil: With the rich content of vitamin E, almond oil has many antioxidant properties, which can fight against free radicals, protect your hair from being damaged and make it healthier. This oil can also be considered an emollient to help your hair keep effectively the moistures and maintain its texture.
- Jojoba oil: There are many people whose hair is oily at the root and dry at the tips. Then this kind of essential oil is made for them. This oil has the content like the natural remedies oil originating from your scalp. Thanks to that, when you apply this on your scalp, the amount of oil to be produced on your hair root will be reduced, leaving moistures and nourishment properties on your hair tips to fix the damaged parts effectively.
- Olive oil: It is a natural conditioner which helps your hair to get silkier and smoother. This oil is very light. Therefore, when you apply it on your hair, you do not have to worry that it can make the hair texture down when moisturizing it. Meanwhile, when applying this oil, some other problems like dandruff or weak scalp health can also be dealt with well.
You can use these types of oil alone for treatment for frizzy hair, or you can blend them together so they can form a great mixture and look after your damaged hair. Whatever your choice is, the combination would be very good as safe and natural home remedies for frizzy hair. You should follow the basic steps listed below for a relaxing hot oil massage:
- For each time using, you just need 2-3 tablespoons of carrier oil or oil blend for an oil hair remedy.
- In a bowl, drop the oil in and heat the bowl in hot water.
- When the oil is warmed, apply it on your scalp and gently massage it through the length of your hair. Massage your scalp for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a warm wet towel and wrap your hair with it. The wet and warm environment let your hair absorb the nourishing nutrients in the oil and push the penetration process quicker.
- Let sit on your hair for half an hour.
- Remove the towel. Rinse your hair with water. Use shampoo to wash, and the condition is the last step.
- Apply this hot oil massage twice a week.
When supplying your hair with vitamins, you are nourishing your hair from the inside, which seems to be as important as the action you do for the external texture. A healthy growth for hair concerns proper care with appropriate use of minerals, vitamins, and proteins. Among the types of vitamins, the A, B-complex, C, and E are vital for hair growth. Having a suitable and balanced diet with more content of vitamins is a good choice for keeping your hair healthy. Besides, you can also buy food supplement products in drugstores to supply more vitamins to nourish your hair from the inside.
15. Carbonated Water
One of the simplest and the most effective natural home remedies for frizzy hair in women is carbonated water, which you can find in soda water, club soda, or sparkling water. They are all great options for treating frizzy hair.
This water is made by putting pressure on the water to dissolve carbon dioxide gas into it. With low pH levels, carbonated water can help to treat frizzy hair quickly because this problem is caused by lacking humidity.
Prepare a can of carbonated water for this hair remedy. You can do as follow:
- Wash your hair with shampoo and keep it wet when applying carbonated water on.
- Leaving this covering your hair for half an hour and gently rinse it off with clean and cold water.
- Repeat once to twice a week until you find that your frizz problem is treated.
Find more: 29 Home Remedies for Shiny Hair Treatment
Eggs are alternative remedies for hair damage especially frizzy hair when you need an effective method to protect your hair. Egg yolk  has a great content of protein and also rich in fat. Meanwhile, egg white contains enzymes which can help to remove excess oils from your scalp and kill the bacteria which harm your scalp and hair texture. Those reasons make eggs become one of the great home remedies for frizzy hair after a shower, coloring, or straightening. Try to apply this remedy frequently on your hair to deal with the problem of frizzy hair with the following steps:
- Prepare 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Blend egg with olive oil to form a thick paste.
- Apply the hair mask on your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture from your hair and scalp with lukewarm water. Wash your hair with shampoo and condition it after that.
- Repeat this hair treatment once a week to remove the frizz.
IV – Frizzy Hair Hacks
There are some tips to keep the frizz at bay when you do on a regular basis. Look at the list below and see if you can apply anything to your own situation.
1. Cut Your Hair
It is effective to control your frizzy hair with a good haircut. Remove the split end of the hair with a pair of scissors every two months. You can go to a salon and ask the hair stylist to do it for you to keep a good hairstyle. Make sure that your hair is not getting too short so that you can manage with the split end and it is also easier to make it into the style you like.
By cutting the damaged part of your hair, you remove the dead cells and make your hair healthier and more gorgeous. If your hair is too thick, it can also be a reason for the frizzy hair as there is not enough moisture for the hair to absorb equally and sufficiently. Thus, ask the hairdresser to make your hair thinner if needed, while also keeping the habit of using the suggested home remedies for frizzy hair.
2. Use Shampoo And Conditioner
When you choose to buy a shampoo or hair conditioner, make sure to look at the label. If it says “moisturizing” or “hydrating”, that means it is good to use for frizz and treat your dry hair. The shampoo which is suitable for you is the kind which is free of sulfates and gentle for hair health. Apply the hydrating conditioner from the middle of your hair length to its tips. Let it sit on your hair for some minutes and rinse it off with clean and cold water.
3. Some Products That Help Treat Frizz Effectively
Leave-in conditioner and hair serum are great to use for hair care as they can improve the hair texture significantly. When you apply the products for hair on a regular basis, your frizzy hair can recover from damages quickly. Besides using safe and natural home remedies for frizzy hair, you can find some products which are suitable for you in the market, especially the types which are for curly hair.
V – Things You Should Avoid To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- Hot water is not recommended to use when washing your hair. When you wash hair with hot water, the cuticles rise and cause frizz. Therefore, the best for you is to use cool or lukewarm water.
- If your hair is already damaged with frizz, you should not use or even avoid using heat styling tools.
- You also should not use a cotton pillow as it soaks up moisture from your hair. The better choice can be satin covers for your pillow.
- Wash your hair only thrice a week in maximum. In most types of shampoo, they contain sulfates which take away the moisture from your hair. If you can, try to find a kind of shampoo with sulfate-free ingredients and wash only twice to thrice a week.
- Avoid drying your hair with a towel. When you rub your hair with a cotton towel, for example, the cuticles are forced to rise and lose moisture. As the result, your hair is damaged, and frizz appears.
VI – Conclusion
Hopefully, this article has given you useful information and best tips for keeping your hair healthy and shiny. Choose a suitable method of top suggested home remedies for frizzy hair after a shower and follow the steps to take care of your hair and stay away from frizz. We are always open to all questions and comments from you, in case you have any. Be free to ask us, and we will reply as soon as possible.