Yeast infection is quite a condition that is quite more common in women than in men. A type of yeast infection called vaginal yeast infection occurs in about 75% of women because of some factors such as hormonal changes, the use of antibiotics, a weak immune system, oral contraceptives, and high intake of sugar. Some others are known as oral yeast infection with redness and discomfort around and in the mouth, genital yeast infections that occurs in both women and men and, and skin yeast infection with visible external symptoms on the skin in the warm and moist environment.
Yeast infection would become a serious health problem if it were not properly cured. It has been recommended for using apple cider vinegar for yeast infection both in the external and internal methods. While the topical application of this vinegar can reduce a yeast infection, an internal consumption can deal with some internal problems such as weak immune system or diabetes that cause a yeast infection.
12 Tips On How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Yeast Infection Rash Treatment
It is time AllRemedies.com showed you 12 tips on how to apply apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment. All of the mentioned ways include both of the internal and external methods for you to follow according to your convenience. For those who have a yeast infection and finding effective remedies, just spend a few minutes reading our article to have more experience!
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Douche
Firstly, you should know why it is effective to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection. In fact, this vinegar contains a wide range of nutrients, enzymes and good bacteria that helps prevent the growth of Candida and balance the pH level in the body. When ingested and metabolized, apple cider vinegar gives alkaline effects to the body though it is acidic in nature. In addition, apple cider vinegar helps improve the immune health and increase the beneficial bacteria in the gut as an initial way to prevent yeast infection. And while yeast infections often occur in people with diabetes because of the high sugar levels, apple cider vinegar is believed to control the blood sugar levels as well as glucose and insulin responses thereby probably reducing the risks of yeast infections. Finally, this vinegar ACV is particularly natural antibiotic with the presence of Malic acid that owns antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties.
Apple cider vinegar douche is the first way on how to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment. This remedy is considered highly effective because it can help regulate the pH level of the vagina thereby preventing the growth of the yeast.
If you douche the vinegar mixture into the vagina, then some symptoms of yeast infection such as vaginal discharge and itching will be reduced, and you can experience a clear improvement through the first application.
After preparing necessary stuff including a douche kit (or enema kit), apple cider vinegar, and water, you should follow this process:
- Stir 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in a liter of warm water that should have been filtered or distilled and already boiled
- Pour the solution into the douche bag through a funnel then attach the nozzle
- Carefully hold the bag just under the pelvis then exert slight pressure
- Do the process twice a day to deal with severe cases of vaginal yeast infection and once a day after attaining improvement.
- Stop the process if the symptoms of infection are out, and the infection is reduced.
- Avoid overdoing the douching process because this can also remove away the good bacteria but not only the bad one.
- Remember to exert a really slight pressure while douching because you are just flushing the vaginal canal and an excess pressure may push the solution from cervix to uterus.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Spray
Apple cider vinegar spray is another way to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection . If you spray the solution once daily, you may get the quick relief from itching as well as infection condition. This easy remedy can be used along with other methods recommended in the article if possible.
Follow this method with the use of a spray bottle, apple cider vinegar, and water if you suffer from mild infection.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with enough amount of water and pour the solution into the spray bottle.
- Spray diluted cider vinegar on the infected vaginal areas.
- Leave completely dry before wearing underwear
- Do the process any when you want.
- Don’t apply this process to severe cases
- The amount of apple cider vinegar should be adjusted according to your capability of holding the stinging sensation.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
Apple cider vinegar bath is another way to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment. This remedy is easy to follow and give the relief from irritation, reduces the infection, and deodorizes. Follow the steps below to take a bath of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment:
- Fill the bathtub with enough warm water that should cover your groin and over your belly
- Add a cup of iodized sea salt and two cups of ACV to the bathtub
- Sit in the bathtub keeping the knees folded towards your body and avoid stretching out your legs flat
- Soak for 15 to 20 minutes then pat your body dry carefully before putting on clothes
- Alternatively, add a few drops of tea tree oil to the bath for better results.
- Remember to wear cotton underpants that have been washed with natural unscented detergent.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
Apple cider vinegar is also used on a regular basis for preventing the risks of yeast infections and for the mild symptoms of this condition. This vinegar will help inhibit the yeast infection growth and balance the pH levels in the body.
You should prepare a washcloth, water, and apple cider vinegar for yeast infection soak as below:
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with enough amount of water
- Soak the washcloth in the solution and remove the excess
- Place the cloth in the vagina  and leave for about 15 minutes
- Take the washcloth out and let completely dry
- Do the process once to twice daily.
Note: Apple cider vinegar soak is just used for mild infection and you have to remove the cloth after the mentioned time above to prevent unexpected side effects. There will sometimes be yeast infection occurs in males around the penis for which apple cider vinegar soak can also be used.
5. ACV Soaked Tampon
To use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment in the vagina, it is recommended to abuse tampon for women. An apple cider vinegar soaked tampon allows the vinegar to contact closely to the vaginal walls and helps reduce the irritation and itching sensation caused by vaginal yeast infection. You can experience an improvement after 2 or 3 times of using.
After preparing a tampon, water, and raw apple cider vinegar, you should follow the process below:
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in an equal amount of water
- Dip a tampon in the solution, insert into the vagina and leave 10 to 15 minutes
- Take the tampon out and use warm water to wash the area
- Let it completely dry
- Do the process until the symptoms of the yeast are cleared.
- A scented tampon should not be used
- Don’t leave the tampon too long as this can aid the yeast infection growth
- Apple cider vinegar soaked tampon is not used for pregnant women or when you are using other vaginal products such as clotrimazole inserts
- Using such soaked tampon can a bit itchy but don’t worry
- You can experience unbearable discomfort because of too strong application of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection, so reduce the amount of ACV
- Remember to dry the area completely because the moisture can stimulate the development of yeast infection.
6. Apple cider Vinegar Consumption
Not only can you use apple cider vinegar for yeast infections through external methods but you also consume it to deal with the condition . Regular consumption of ACV can reduce the risks of yeast infection growth and help adjust the pH levels in the body. You can consume apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment by one of these ways below:
- Drinking: Stir 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink 3 times daily. Don’t add honey, sugar, or any other sweeteners because they encourage fungus growth. Alternatively, you can consume this drink before meals when your stomach is empty for 1 to 2 weeks but remember to use completely organic apple cider vinegar.
- Salad dressing: Apple cider vinegar can act as a great salad dressing, so it is also used to prepare some kinds of salads including coleslaw. You can also sprinkle it on the baked potatoes for a better diet as well as a healthy system.
- Diet pickles: Apple cider vinegar for yeast infection can be used by incorporated in the diet regime such as for pickling some kinds of veggies and fruits. In addition, you can also use it to pickle in the diet.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar And Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also recommended to use in combination with apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment. In fact, tea tree oil contains some certain properties making it ideal for dealing with yeast infections such as terpinen–4–ol to kill the fungus leading to a yeast infection, alpha-terpinene and gamma–terpinene to prevent the growth of Candida Albicans, and antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties.
After preparing apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil, you should follow the process below:
- Add few drops of tea tree oil with 3 cups of ACV and a few drops of tea tree oil to warm an equal amount of water
- Soak for 15 minutes
- Do this process daily until your infection is cleared.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar Supplement
If you cannot use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment with these methods above, you can also easily take in with the form of supplements. The supplements of apple cider are presented in the form of tonics, tablets, or capsules suitable for your convenience. Regular consumption of this supplement certainly helps improve the immune system as well as prevent bacterial and yeast infections.
Companies making the apple cider vinegar supplements assure that their products contain the same nutrients to the raw one. However, the contents of calcium, iron, and others can vary from other manufacturers. Additionally, you should be careful to use this form of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment as it has been indicated that the take in of apple cider vinegar in the tablet form may lead to esophageal injury as well.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar For Yeast Infection In Pregnant
There are some points to pay attention when using apple cider vinegar for yeast infections rash treatment in pregnant women. The first one is making an apple cider vinegar rinse that helps treat infection effectively and safely during pregnancy. You can follow one of 3 methods above to apply apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment during pregnancy:
- Fill a peri bottle with 2 tablespoons of ACV, the rest with water that should be chlorine free, and place it in the bathroom
- Wipe the infected area from front to the back, spray the solution around the vagina
- Let the area dry, or you can quickly do this by standing in front of a fan
- Repeat the process each day after a shower for at least 1 week
- Stop the treatment when the symptoms are completely cleared.
- Use an apple cider vinegar douche or squirt it inside the vagina
- The method will last longer the because it burns
- Make the solution a bit stronger if you’re strong enough, but it will burn badly.
- Mix a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in a cup of water
- Consume the drink on a daily basis
Note: You should only use plain white apple cider vinegar because it can encourage the growth of the yeast, maintain the pH balance, and deal with the yeast infection. Additionally, avoid using tampon soaked with apple cider vinegar for yeast infection during pregnancy.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar For Yeast Infection In Male
As mentioned above, yeast infections can also occur in male around the penis. And this is the time they used this natural method for their condition. There are some ways to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment in male as follows:
- Mix 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of warm water and consume it 3 times daily. This diluted apple cider vinegar will help balance the good and bad bacteria in the intestinal tract, prevent, and stop Candida fungus from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Stir 2 cups of ACV in a low warm bath and soak for 30 minutes provide that pulling back the foreskin so as to soak the head of the penis completely. This bath should state enough water to keep only legs and penis covered.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV in 2 quarts of warm water, soak a cotton cloth in the mixture and bathe the infected area gently.
11. Choose Apple Cider Vinegar For Yeast Infection
To get the best results from using apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment, it is really important to choose the right type of ACV. You should remember that original ACV is made up of pressed and fermented apple juice and the natural sugar in apples converts this juice into vinegar. Following are some tips for you to choose the right type of apple cider vinegar:
- Use organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered, and unprocessed ACV instead of refined and clear one that is sold in the stores. Avoid white or plain white vinegar as they create a favorable environment for the yeast growth.
- A qualified type of ACV always has ‘mother’ of vinegar that is cloudy stuff staying or floating at the bottle bottom. It is because the “mother” element contains many beneficial enzymes, bacteria, and trace elements making apple cider vinegar possible to effectively treat infections as well as other ailments.
- Remember to shake the bottle of apple cider vinegar before using it so that all the good elements will be distributed throughout the liquid.
12.Tips And Warns
Besides various ways to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection, it is necessary to be careful during the application because there could be some side effects if you do something wrong. It is the reason why some tips and warns are listed as below for you to follow:
- Diluted apple cider vinegar can be used to treat yeast infection in the lower intestines such as colon and rectum as it helps relieve the symptoms and expel the yeast infection.
- Always dilute apple cider vinegar before using for treating yeast infections because its natural acidic property can cause burns.
- At the beginning of using apple cider vinegar regimen, the symptoms of yeast infections may probably worsen for a few days, but this is due to the rapid death of the yeast. Some side effects like headaches and foggy thinking can occur in the users for a few hours to few days but will be quickly cleared.
- Always wear loose underwear that is made up of fitted cotton to minimize the irritation.
- There may be some changes in digestion when consuming apple cider vinegar but it is the time your body healed and got rid of bad bacteria indeed. In case you find difficult to sleep, take a warm bath or take in magnesium-rich foods.
- Add plant-based yogurt and probiotics to your diet to maintain the balance of good bacteria in your body.
- Don’t consume sugar or sweet foods that can worsen your yeast infections.
- Absorb enough daily sunlight morning and consume enough healthier foods for your body’s requirement.
- Avoid scented pads, tampons, and bubble bath.
- Don’t use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection vinegar if you are allergic to it.
- If the symptoms are not reduced also increased, consult a doctor.
Learn also: 31 Best Natural Home Remedies for Jock Itch
After reading the article on 12 tips on how to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection rash treatment in our main How To page, hope that you can know how to treat a yeast infection with apple cider vinegar with both the external and internal methods. Please let us know if you have any question by leaving them below and share with us other ways to use apple cider vinegar for a yeast infection rash treatment if you really get.