16. Tomato, Lemon Juice, Turmeric Powder, And Orange
The mixture of tomato, lemon juice, turmeric powder and orange is another effective treatment for dry eyes. The mixture can hydrate and moisturize your eyes. Moreover, lemon juice has a great source of potassium that is beneficial in fading the eye circles. You just need to mix all these ingredients together.
You will need:
- Some orange lentil flour
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- Tomato puree or crush
- Turmeric powder
- Combine the turmeric powder, tomato puree or crush, 2 drops of lemon juice and orange lentil flour together to create a smooth paste
- Apply this paste under your eyes
- Let it stay for at least 10 minutes
- Use warm water to rinse it off
If using turmeric powder causes an allergic reaction, you can switch to tamarind powder as a good alternative for turmeric powder.
17. Home Remedies For Dry Eyes – Tamarind Seeds
Tamarind is a fruit of the Tamarindusindica. This fruit is grown widely in India and it is often added into Indian cuisine. People living in rural areas eat roasted tamarind seeds as their healthy delicious snack. These seeds can be found in the dry season. Tamarind seeds are rich in potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin C, calcium and amino acids. Because of high nutrient content, tamarind seeds possess numerous health benefits. One of the benefits is treating dry eyes.
You will need:
- Warm water
- Some tamarind seeds
- Put some tamarind seeds in water
- Let these seeds stay for 5 to 10 minutes
- Strain the solution
- Apply this solution around your eyes
- Wash it off with warm water
It is recommended doing this treatment once or twice a day to get a significant result.
Read more: Top foods high in magnesium
18. Almond Milk, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Honey, And Cloves
The mixture of almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, and cloves are highly recommended if you have dry eyes. Turmeric is packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties while almond contains a lot of nutrients such as protein, fiber, vitamin E, vitamin B2, manganese, magnesium and phosphorous. Cinnamon possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects that can increase the sensitivity to insulin. Honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties while cloves are packed with anti-mutagenic, antimicrobial and aphrodisiac effects. The mixture of almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, and cloves can work for dry eyes if applied regularly.
You will need:
- 1/8 tablespoon of cloves
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- A sufficient amount of almond milk
- Make the almond milk warm
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder, turmeric, and cloves into the warm almond milk
- Add one teaspoon of honey into this mixture
- Mix all these ingredients well
- Consume this mixture
You will get the visible result if you consume it daily for a few weeks. Besides treating dry eyes, this mixture is beneficial in preventing many problems and ailments related to eyes.
Read more: Natural health benefits of turmeric
19. Chilled Spoons
Looking for home remedies for dry eyes, you should not ignore chilled spoons. The cool temperature is effective in constricting the blood vessels and treating dry eyes caused by tiredness. Moreover, Chilled spoons are also used to relieve puffiness and redness around your eyes.
- Store four metal spoons in a refrigerator or put them into a glass of ice water for a few minutes
- Apply a chilled spoon on each eye
- Let it stay for a few minutes
- Switch it to another chilled spoon when it gets warm
- Continue until you get a significant relief
This treatment can help you to relieve the tiredness in your eyes.
20. Rose Water
Rose water is recommended as one of natural home remedies for dry eyes and sore eyes. Regular application of rose water can give you a significant relief. When you use the rose water solution, the discomfort and irritation caused by dry eyes can disappear after around five minutes.
- Soak a cotton ball in the rose water
- Apply the cotton balls to your closed eyes
- Let it sit in a few minutes
- Remove the cotton balls
It is recommended doing this treatment several times a day to get a satisfactory result.
21. Cold Milk
You know milk as a healthy beverage packed with many nutrients. Drinking milk is good for your health because it can help you to strengthen your bones, lower the risk of heart disease and improve the overall health. But the benefits of milk are more than that. You can treat dry eyes with cold milk. The cold milk can relieve the eye strain and give you an immediate relief for dry tired eyes.
You will need:
- A cup of cold milk
- 2 cotton balls
- Some rose water
- Add some rose water in a cup of cold milk
- Soak 2 cotton balls into the solution
- Apply them to your closed eyes
- Relax for a few minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water
It is recommended doing this treatment several times a week until you see the significant result.
Mint contains menthol which can help to stimulate tear production. And it will leave your eyes feeling refreshed as well as energized. Here is the recipe for you if you want to treat dry eyes:
- First prepare and clean 10 – 12 mint leaves carefully
- Then boil them in some water
- After boiling, let it cool at least 20 minutes
- Next take a clean cloth
- Dip it into the liquid
- Finally, apply on your eyes and wash to your eyes
- Do this remedy several times a day daily as needed