There is no doubt that eyes are one of the important parts of the body. And when your eyes have some symptoms such as redness, feeling like something in your eyes, painful and scratchy or dry sensation, blurred vision, light sensitivity as well as mucus around or in your eyes, you will have dry eyes syndrome. And do you want to know what are the reasons causing your dry eyes? These include environmental factors, aging, medical conditions, as well as taking certain medications. If you are in this case, you will feel uncomfortable and pain. So what do you need to do now? Going to the doctor to have a check is the first choice. But it will cost a lot of money. So now, why don’t you try to apply some remedies for relieving dry eyes which you can find out in your kitchen? Would you like to know them? If “yes”, please continue reading this article on our page AllRemedies.com which will present to you top 14 simple, natural, & home remedies for dry eyes that you can follow to get instant relief from this eye problem.
Top 35 Simple Natural Home Remedies For Dry Eyes Relief
Do not worry if you suffer from dry eyes and have some symptoms like I mentioned above. In fact, dry eyes are not a life-threatening disease. It is a common condition that happens when your eyes are not lubricated adequately. Tears play the important role in lubricating your eyes, keeping your eyes healthy and prevent numerous eye issues such as dry eyes. Because of many reasons, the tears do not perform their role properly. For example, when your eyes do not release enough tears or when your eyes release poor-quality tears, it may result in dry eyes as well as many eye problems. The symptoms of dry eyes like stinging and burning are uncomfortable. Some situations may increase the risk of dry eyes, for examples, in an air-conditioned room, on an airplane, after working in front of computers for hours or while cycling. Treatments for dry eyes including eye drops or lifestyle changes may relieve the symptoms and make you feel more comfortable. Dry eyes can be treated at home with eye drops or effective home remedies. However, after a couple of days, if the dry eyes are not improved and you have prolonged symptoms such as irritated, red, painful or tired eyes, it is important for you to see your doctor. Your doctor will let you do some tests to determine the hidden causes of your dry eyes and then give you the proper treatments. When you make an appointment with your doctor, you should let him know any symptoms you are suffering, personal information such as recent life changes, and a list of vitamins, medications, and supplements you are using. Most cases of dry eyes can be healed within a few days with the help of eye drops and natural home remedies. These are 35 simple natural home remedies for dry eyes relief which you can do to get rid of dry eyes:
1. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Many studies on the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids have been done. Omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial in reducing depression, relieving rheumatoid arthritis, reducing blood pressure, improving the cardiovascular health, preventing the early preterm birth and lowering the risk of macular degeneration. In this article about natural home remedies for dry eyes, I would like to mention omega 3 fatty acids as a good necessary nutrient for the eye health. Omega 3 fatty acids have the ability to relieving the irritation caused by dry eyes. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties omega 3 fatty acids can help to stimulate the production of higher-quality tears. To protect your eyes and improve your eye’s health, you can take omega 3 fatty acids supplements or consume foods that are rich in this nutrient. Some rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids include flaxseed oil, chia seeds, palm oil, walnut, soybean oil, eggs and fatty fish like mackerel, sardine, salmon and tuna.
Dry eyes can be treated with antioxidants. This is because dry eyes may be caused by free radical damage such as oxidative stress that results from aging, poor diet, lack of exercise, chronic stress, medications and unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking or drinking alcohol. Antioxidants play the important role in slowing down the oxidation process. In order to relieve dry eyes and fasten the healing process, you should consume enough green vegetables and colorful fruits like acerola cherries, chard, kale, goji berry, acai berry, spinach, etc.
Consuming vitamins is important for a healthy diet. Vitamins are good for your skin, your health and even your eyes. You can take vitamin supplements that are available in every health store with an affordable price. However, it is still better to increase vitamins intake through foods.
Dry eyes require consumption of vitamin E, C, and E. These vitamins contain antioxidant properties.
- Foods that contain a great source of vitamin A include the liver of chicken, duck, pork, fish, eggs, duck eggs, carp, and milk.
- Vitamin C is present in a variety of foods like grapefruit, lemons, strawberries, pineapple, oranges, soursop, mangosteen and so on. Vitamin is also found abundant in some vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and onion
- Foods that are rich in vitamin E are composed of peanuts, sunflowers, beans sprouts and sesame. Vitamin E can be found in nuts, milk, asparagus, animal liver and fish fat.
Read more: vitamins for dry skin
4. Enough Deep Sleep
Dry eyes may be caused by sleep deprivation. Therefore, a deep sleep is also one of natural home remedies for dry eyes. Sleep can provide your body enough time to heal any ailments and health problems. After long hours of busy work and study, your eyes as well as your body, require 7 to 8-hour sleep during the night. If you do not sleep well, your eyes may become sunken and dark circles can appear around your eyes. Moreover, working or playing the game in front of the computer for hours also affect your eye’s health and result in tired red dry eyes. Therefore, it is important for you to let your eyes relax by turning off your computer and going to bed early. Sleep at least 7 hours per day and avoid looking at the screen of your computer in a period of time. Doing these small things for one week, you can see a significantly different result.
Check out more: 29 Popular Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
5. Turn On Enough Light
Many people make mistakes when they watch television and use a computer without light. The darkness of your room and the lights coming from the screen of the television and computer can result in eyestrain. Therefore, it is recommended placing a lamp with enough light next to your television and computer. That helps you not only see images on the screen more clearly but also keep your eyes from regulating too much.
Use perturbed lamps when you read books. The perturbed lamps make light direct into the pages. Moreover, a bed headboard light is highly recommended for bookworms who like reading books on their bed. The bed headboard light can help to prevent eyestrain.
When you work or play the game in front of the computer, you should have a bulb that is effective in lighting the room and your keyboard.
It is recommended wearing eye protection glasses when you ride on the road. The eye protection glasses can help to protect your eyes from dust and sunlight. Moreover, a sunglasses is necessary if your eyes are exposed to the sun. The sunlight may affect your eyes and make your eyes become drier.
6. Warm Compresses
Tears contain water and oily glandular secretions. Warm compresses can stimulate the production of higher-quality tears by boosting the circulation levels in the eyelids. It helps to open the clogged meibomian glands and soften the hardened meibum, relieving dry eyes. You just need to apply warm compresses to your closed eyelids. The warm compresses need to be done with a proper temperature. Less frequent or shorter use of warm compresses with different temperature may give ineffective results. The ideal temperature of the warm compresses should be at 108 degrees Fahrenheit, according to some researchers.
You will need:
- Warm water
- A clean cloth or towel
- Soak the towel or cloth into the water
- Squeeze to remove the extra water
- Place the wet towel or cloth to your closed eyelids
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Repeat the warm compresses twice a day to get a satisfactory result
7. Change The Environment
Environment factors like dust, allergens, and sunlight are causes of dry eyes. If you live in an unfavorable environment, you should make some positive changes. Follow some suggestions to prevent the dry eyes from worsening and fasten the healing process.
- Avoid smoking or staying around people who are smoking. This is because smoking not only affects the overall health but also results in dry eyes.
- Do not go out if the weather is windy. The wind may make your eyes drier and result in several eye problems. It is recommended wearing eyeglasses to protect your eyes from dust and the wind if you have to take part in the particular outside activities such as skiing, riding a bike or motorbike, and riding in the convertible,
- Use a humidifier in your room to maintain the moisture of your eyes after studying or working in long hours
Your eyes may become tired, red and dry when you use computer or laptop in a long time. It is recommended looking away from your computer and looking at other things that are 20 feet from your eyes. When you feel your eye tired and strain, you should close your eyes and take a break for at least 20 minutes before working or study again. It is an easy tip on how to treat dry eyes and relieve eye strain you can do at home.
It is advisable for you to blink frequently if you are looking natural home remedies for dry eyes. Lack of blinking may worsen your eye condition. A normal person can blink about 22 times per minute. However, people who spend much time on a television or computer screen blink less than 7 times per minutes. When you use these devices, your eyes seem to be lazier to blink. As a result, it leads to dry eyes. When you stare at a particular object for a long period of time, there is a loss of the moisture of your eyes. Blinking is responsible for spreading the fluid across your eyeballs, retaining the moisture of your eyes.
10. Frequent Eyelid Cleaning
Cleaning your eyelids frequently is one of home remedies for dry eyes. This treatment is recommended for people who get diagnosed with blepharitis and some eye conditions related to eyelid inflammation. Therefore, it is recommended cleaning your eyelids frequently.
In order to clean your eyelids, you can use a mild soap or wash.
Method 1: Use A Mild Soap
You will need:
- Baby shampoo or any mild soap that are recommended by doctors
- Place the soap on your fingertips
- Apply it to the closed eyelids and massage it gently
- Use normal warm water to remove the soap on your eyelids
Method 2: Use mild wash
You will need:
- An eyelid mild wash (Or you can mix water with baby shampoo)
- Close your eyes
- Use mild wash to massage your eyelids gently
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Water is considered as one of good home remedies for dry eyes. Dehydration may increase the risk of dry eyes. Therefore, it is recommended increasing the water intake during the day. Water plays the important role in boosting the metabolic activities of your body. The need for water depends on age, gender, and physical condition. A woman requires 90 oz. of water per day to keep your body hydrated while a man needs to drink at least 125 oz. of water daily. 20 percent of water in your body is taken from foods while you take the rest from the purified drinking water.
12. Green Tea Or Tea Bags
Green tea is widely consumed because of its amazing benefits for health and beauty. Moreover, green tea or tea bags are beneficial for dry eyes. Green tea is packed with antioxidants and polyphenols that are contributed to benefits of green tea including reducing the risk of cancer, preventing heart disease, treating type 2 diabetes and aiding in weight loss. Green tea can treat dry eyes by hydrating your eyes. Undoubtedly, green tea or tea bags are one of simple natural home remedies for dry eyes.
Here is the instruction on how to use tea bags for dry eyes relief.
You will need:
- 2 or 3 tea bags
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cotton balls
- Dip tea bags in hot water
- Let it soaked for a few minutes
- Soak 2 cotton balls into the tea
- Place these 2 cotton balls onto your eyelids while you lie on the flat surface
- Let it sit on you closed eyelids for 5 to 10 minutes
- Use the warm water to rinse your eyelids
You should repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week to get a significant result.
For eye health, it is recommended increasing potassium intake. Potassium is a necessary nutrient for tear film, the corneal epithelium’s maintenance and the thickness of corneal. In order to maintain your eye’s health and relieve dry eyes, you should take potassium intake or eat a variety of foods rich in potassium. When you decide to take potassium intake, you should consult your doctor first and read the instruction of the product carefully. Foods that contain a great source of potassium include bananas, dulse, kelp, pecans, avocados, almonds, wheat germ, raisins, dates and figs
Potassium rich foods are home remedies for dry eyes I would like to introduce to you in this article.
In addition to potassium, zinc is also included in a list of necessary nutrients for eye health. Zinc deficiency may result in dry eyes as well as other eye problems. Zinc plays the important role in keeping different body systems function well and stimulating the activities of approximately 100 enzymes, especially enzymes of the eye’s vascular coating.
People who do not consume enough zinc through their diet are vulnerable to diseases and ailments. A recommended dietary daily zinc intake for women is 8 mg per day while a man needs to consume 11 mg of zinc per day. For the fast result and convenience, you can take zinc supplements after consulting your doctor or a health care provider. However, it is advisable for you to eat zinc-rich foods such as fish, legume, mushrooms, kelp, liver, yeast, sunflower seeds, whole grain and so on.
15. Castor Oil
Castor oil is said to boost lymphatic circulation as an amazing poultice; therefore, it is one of effective home remedies for dry eyes you can apply at home. This oil is often used in Ayurveda to treat and prevent floaters cataracts. Moreover, castor oil can help for eye detoxification. Many studies found out that castor oil can work for dry eyes caused by meibomian gland dysfunction.
In order to treat dry eyes, you just need to put 2 drops of castor oil in both of your eyes each night. You should repeat this treatment until you see the satisfactory result.
16. Tomato, Lemon Juice, Turmeric Powder, And Orange
The mixture of tomato, lemon juice, turmeric powder and orange is another effective treatment for dry eyes. The mixture can hydrate and moisturize your eyes. Moreover, lemon juice has a great source of potassium that is beneficial in fading the eye circles. You just need to mix all these ingredients together.
You will need:
- Some orange lentil flour
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- Tomato puree or crush
- Turmeric powder
- Combine the turmeric powder, tomato puree or crush, 2 drops of lemon juice and orange lentil flour together to create a smooth paste
- Apply this paste under your eyes
- Let it stay for at least 10 minutes
- Use warm water to rinse it off
If using turmeric powder causes an allergic reaction, you can switch to tamarind powder as a good alternative for turmeric powder.
17. Home Remedies For Dry Eyes – Tamarind Seeds
Tamarind is a fruit of the Tamarindusindica. This fruit is grown widely in India and it is often added into Indian cuisine. People living in rural areas eat roasted tamarind seeds as their healthy delicious snack. These seeds can be found in the dry season. Tamarind seeds are rich in potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin C, calcium and amino acids. Because of high nutrient content, tamarind seeds possess numerous health benefits. One of the benefits is treating dry eyes.
You will need:
- Warm water
- Some tamarind seeds
- Put some tamarind seeds in water
- Let these seeds stay for 5 to 10 minutes
- Strain the solution
- Apply this solution around your eyes
- Wash it off with warm water
It is recommended doing this treatment once or twice a day to get a significant result.
Read more: Top foods high in magnesium
18. Almond Milk, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Honey, And Cloves
The mixture of almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, and cloves are highly recommended if you have dry eyes. Turmeric is packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties while almond contains a lot of nutrients such as protein, fiber, vitamin E, vitamin B2, manganese, magnesium and phosphorous. Cinnamon possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects that can increase the sensitivity to insulin. Honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties while cloves are packed with anti-mutagenic, antimicrobial and aphrodisiac effects. The mixture of almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, and cloves can work for dry eyes if applied regularly.
You will need:
- 1/8 tablespoon of cloves
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- A sufficient amount of almond milk
- Make the almond milk warm
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder, turmeric, and cloves into the warm almond milk
- Add one teaspoon of honey into this mixture
- Mix all these ingredients well
- Consume this mixture
You will get the visible result if you consume it daily for a few weeks. Besides treating dry eyes, this mixture is beneficial in preventing many problems and ailments related to eyes.
Read more: Natural health benefits of turmeric
19. Chilled Spoons
Looking for home remedies for dry eyes, you should not ignore chilled spoons. The cool temperature is effective in constricting the blood vessels and treating dry eyes caused by tiredness. Moreover, Chilled spoons are also used to relieve puffiness and redness around your eyes.
- Store four metal spoons in a refrigerator or put them into a glass of ice water for a few minutes
- Apply a chilled spoon on each eye
- Let it stay for a few minutes
- Switch it to another chilled spoon when it gets warm
- Continue until you get a significant relief
This treatment can help you to relieve the tiredness in your eyes.
20. Rose Water
Rose water is recommended as one of natural home remedies for dry eyes and sore eyes. Regular application of rose water can give you a significant relief. When you use the rose water solution, the discomfort and irritation caused by dry eyes can disappear after around five minutes.
- Soak a cotton ball in the rose water
- Apply the cotton balls to your closed eyes
- Let it sit in a few minutes
- Remove the cotton balls
It is recommended doing this treatment several times a day to get a satisfactory result.
21. Cold Milk
You know milk as a healthy beverage packed with many nutrients. Drinking milk is good for your health because it can help you to strengthen your bones, lower the risk of heart disease and improve the overall health. But the benefits of milk are more than that. You can treat dry eyes with cold milk. The cold milk can relieve the eye strain and give you an immediate relief for dry tired eyes.
You will need:
- A cup of cold milk
- 2 cotton balls
- Some rose water
- Add some rose water in a cup of cold milk
- Soak 2 cotton balls into the solution
- Apply them to your closed eyes
- Relax for a few minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water
It is recommended doing this treatment several times a week until you see the significant result.
Mint contains menthol which can help to stimulate tear production. And it will leave your eyes feeling refreshed as well as energized. Here is the recipe for you if you want to treat dry eyes:
- First prepare and clean 10 – 12 mint leaves carefully
- Then boil them in some water
- After boiling, let it cool at least 20 minutes
- Next take a clean cloth
- Dip it into the liquid
- Finally, apply on your eyes and wash to your eyes
- Do this remedy several times a day daily as needed
23. Coriander Juice
Also known as Dhania, coriander grows in the Indian Subcontinent of the USA as well as some regions of European. Coriander is an amazing herb that has been popularly used around the world for many purposes. This herb possesses six types of acids, minerals, and vitamins and it contains numerous beneficial properties. Coriander is packed with vitamins A, vitamin C, antioxidants and phosphorus; therefore, coriander can help to reduce the risk of developing vision disorder and macular degeneration. This herb can relieve strain and stress on your eyes. Beta-carotene present in coriander can cure and prevent many eye diseases including dry eyes. Coriander is one of natural home remedies for dry eyes I would like to introduce in this article. If you want to get rid of dry eyes at home, let’s try coriander juice. It helps in dealing with the gritty and itchy feeling of your eyes. Now let’s implement this remedy as the detailed instruction here:
- Now, get some coriander leaves
- Next, grind them in order to extract the juice
- Then pour the liquid in the dropper
- Finally, put two drops of this juice in your infected eyes
- Keep doing this method at least twice a day
- Repeat every day until your eyes are better
24. Chamomile Tea
The chamomile tea made from the dried blossoms is often used to treat various health ailments. Bisabolol found in chamomile is responsible for those benefits of chamomile tea. Bisabolol contains calming and antimicrobial properties. Moreover, containing anti-inflammatory and cooling effects, chamomile tea can help to retain the lost moisture and relieve your eye tiredness. Chamomile tea is also one of the effective home remedies for dry eyes that I would like to introduce to you in this article. When you apply this remedy, you need to follow these steps below:
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of dried chamomile flower
- 2 cotton balls
200 ml boiling water
- Take a teaspoon of chamomile flower (you can use chamomile tea bag instead)
- Pour it into the boiling water
- Let the dried chamomile flower or tea bags steep in the boiling water for 15 minutes
- Then, let it cool
- Soak 2 cotton balls into the cool chamomile tea
- Apply the wet cotton balls to your eyelids and the surface around your eyes
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Soak the cotton balls again in the cool chamomile tea when the cotton balls become dry
- Repeat it until you feel rejuvenated and your dry tired eyes get a significant relief
- Wash your eyes with warm water to finish
- Follow this remedy twice a day daily until your condition is improved
When you do this treatment, make sure that you close your eyes to prevent the liquid from getting into your eyes. Sometimes, you also use the leftover tea bag over your eyes. It will help you get rid of the redness of eyes
25. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is also said to be a wonderful treatment for this case. The aloe vera leaves contain both gel and thick substance that are beneficial in treating dry skin and burns as well as other skin conditions if applied. Moreover, the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties make aloe vera become one of natural home remedies for dry eyes symptoms. Aloe vera can be applied at home and it can give you a significant relief. However, aloe vera application may lead to discomfort and irritation for your eyes. You should consult your doctor first before thinking of applying aloe vera for dry eye relief. To prevent skin irritation and any unwanted side effects, you should apply a small amount of aloe vera to your eye surface first. If any allergic reaction occurs, you should rinse it off immediately. In order to stay away from dry eyes, what you need is to follow the detailed direction below:
- First, take an aloe vera leaf
- Then, wash it carefully
- After that, cut the leaf
- Extract the juice out of the leaf and freeze it
- Use this juice with a bit cold water
- Dip a clean cloth into this liquid
- Finally, place the mixture on your eyes
- Repeat this procedure twice per day
- Do this every day until you see the improvement
Read more: Top 31 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel and Juice
26. Gooseberry Juice And Honey
It’s the best idea when using the combination between gooseberry juice and honey. Gooseberry juice has an effect in boosting your immunity naturally along with fighting infection. Here is the recipe you are looking for:
- Now, take a gooseberry
- Then, extract the juice from it
- Next, add a teaspoon of honey into it
- After that, mix well
- Finally, drink this juice
- Repeat twice or thrice per day daily till your situation is much better
27. Almond Oil With Castor Oil
Scientists have found that almond oil can be used for different health and beauty benefits. Almond oil is made from an almond tree that is available in the Mediterranean region and Southeast Asia. Almond oil is beneficial in promoting heart health and treating many skin issues. This healing oil has a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, protein, and zinc.
Castor oil extracted from castor seeds is yellow. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of castor oil are contributed to its therapeutic and medicinal benefits. This is the reason why the castor oil is widely utilized in cosmetics, soaps, medicines, massage oils, and other products. Castor oil can retain the lost moisture in your skin, especially the skin around your eyes. Therefore, this amazing oil is often used to treat many issues related to the eyes.
The mixture of castor oil and almond oil is a good treatment for relieving dry eyes too. And you should follow this direction here to reduce dry eyes:
You will need:
- ½ teaspoon of almond oil
- ½ teaspoon of castor oil
- Now, take a few drops of almond oil as well as a few drops of castor oil
- After that, mix them well together
- Apply the mixture of oil under your eyes before you go to bed
- Do this every day until you feel better
Additionally, you can apply this mixture of oil during the day as needed. The oil solution for dry eyes should be applied in the day time only to prevent blurred vision.
28. Lavender Oil
This oil is also one of the effective and helpful home remedies for dry eyes. It is capable of regaining the lost oil and moisture which can help to treat dry eyes. So following this direction is necessary.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water
- Now, put 2 – 3 drops of lavender oil into it
- Mix well
- Next, dip 2 cotton balls in this mixture
- After that, squeeze out the excess mixture from the balls
- Finally, put them on your eyes. Remember to close your eyes before applying the balls
- Do this remedy twice or thrice per day daily until your eyes are better
Cucumber is the simplest remedy you can apply when you have dry eyes. It can help your eyes to relax and moisture as cucumber contains 95% water. Using cucumber can help to eliminate toxins that cause eye problems including dry eyes. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber are beneficial in relieving puffiness of your eyes and treating dry eyes. For the optimum result, you should keep cucumber slices in a refrigerator for a couple of minutes before applying. The cold temperature can numb the dry sensation. Thus, whenever your eyes are dry, let’s go to the kitchen, take a cucumber and follow these steps below:
- First, cut a fresh cucumber into slices
- After that, put them into refrigerator in order to let them cool in a few minutes
- Next, take the cucumber slices out
- Then, close your eyes
- Finally, put the cool slices on your closed eyes and leave them on at least 20 minutes
- Keep doing this method several times per day as needed
- Repeat every day till you see the result
Potatoes are packed with carbohydrates and vitamin C; therefore, potatoes are often used to benefit your skin, hair, and health. One of the natural and effective home remedies for dry eyes is the potato. The reason you should use it to cure dry eyes is that it is able to provide the cooling effect. Or in other words, potatoes give you a relief from dry eyes and helps to hydrate your eyes. Potatoes can get rid of dark circles and give you cooling and hydrating effects that help to relieve the discomfort and irritation caused by dry eyes. The use of potato is easily applied at home.Here is the recipe you are looking forward to:
- Now, take a potato
- Then, grate it
- After that, place it on your affected eyes before you go to bed
- Follow this once a day daily until you see the improvement
31. Cold Compress
If you don’t have time to carry out these above remedies, why don’t you try cold compress? It also gives you a relief from dry eyes quickly. This is the detailed direction for you:
- Take some ice cubes
- Then, use a clean cotton towel in order to wrap them
- Next, close your eyes
- Finally, put the towel on your eyes
- Continue doing this method once or twice per day
- Repeat every day until your condition is better
When talking about the good home remedies for dry eyes, goldenseal should be mentioned too. And in order to do this remedy, you need to follow the instruction here:
- Now, prepare 2 teaspoons of goldenseal as well as a cup of boiling water
- Then, put the herb into water
- Mix well
- Leave it on for 5 minutes
- Strain this liquid
- Dip a clean cloth into this
- After that, remove excess liquid and place on your closed eyes as a warm compress
- Do this 3 times a day daily until your situation is improved
Besides, you can use it as eye drops. You just need to drop 2 – 3 drops into your eyes two or three times per day. And keep doing every day until you see the improvement.
33. Warm Milk With Honey
Honey contains amazing antibacterial properties. Meanwhile, milk includes soothing properties. So when you combine both ingredients together, you will get a better result for this situation. And here is the direction which you can follow in order to get rid of dry eyes:
- Take an equal amount of honey and warm milk
- Mix them well together
- Continue stirring it until honey becomes smooth in the milk
- Now, store it in a dropper
- Drop 2 or 3 drops into your affected eyes every day for several times until your condition is improved
34. Apple Cider Vinegar
In this case, apple cider vinegar is also mentioned as one of the home remedies for dry eyes. With malic acid inside, it can easily fight against bacterial infection. This is the instruction you may follow to get rid of dry eyes
- Now, prepare a cup of water along with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Next, mix them together
- Use a cotton ball and then dip it into the mixture
- Remove the excess mixture
- Wash your eyes with this mixture daily and remember once each day until you see the result
35. Baking Soda With Water
In order to cure dry eyes, let’s use the mixture between baking soda and water. Now it’s time to apply this remedy:
- First take a half cup of water and a quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- Next, mix well until they become a soothing eye wash
- Now, submerge your eye into the solution completely
- Finally, hold it open as well as roll it around in one minute
- Let’s follow this method once a day
- Repeat every day until your eyes are better
Home Remedies For Dry Eyes – Additional Tips:
Not only apply one of the home remedies for dry eyes above, you should also follow these tips below in order to cure dry eyes or prevent dry eyes:
- Keep your eyes moisture from evaporating
- Wear sunglasses when you go out in the sunny day
- Clean your eyelids with mild soap or baby shampoo
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol
- Drink a lot of water per day (may be 8 – 10 glasses a day)
- Do not irritate your eyes
- Use artificial tear drop whenever you feel uncomfortable
- Decrease salt in your diet
- Apply the warm cloth on your eyes
- Stay indoors when it is windy
- Get an eye exam regularly
- Eat more food containing omega-3 fatty acids
- Consume a lot of green vegetables
- Massage your lower and upper lids twice a day daily
- Stop wearing contact lenses
In order to keep your eyes healthy and well-hydrated, you should maintain a good diet and healthy lifestyles. It is important for you to avoid any factors causing dry tired eyes. Make sure that you sleep enough 7 or 8 hours during the night and do not use the computer late. Apply those introduced simple natural home remedies for dry eyes and change your lifestyle to see the difference. If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 35 natural and simple home remedies for dry eyes relief, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your dry eyes easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any home remedies for dry eyes relief. If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies for dry eyes, please leave them below.