I – Overview
Vertigo is a kind of feeling of dizziness. If you get vertigo, you will feel that everything around you is spinning and moving. So what are the causes, symptoms of vertigo and how to get rid of it? In this article, we will make clear this health condition with causes, symptoms, prevention, and top 15 home remedies for vertigo attacks.
II – What Causes Vertigo?
There are two kinds of vertigo attacks.
- Peripheral vertigo  happens owing to a problem in the vestibular nerve or in your inner ear. The vestibular nerve  is responsible for connecting the inner ears with the brain.
- The other is central vertigo . It happens as there is a problem in our brain, especially our cerebellum. According to scientists, the cerebellum  is a part of the hindbrain which is responsible for controlling combination of movements and balance.
Below are the common causes of vertigo attacks:
- Lack of sleep
- Poor vision
- Brain tumour
- Certain medicines
- High cholesterol level
- Infection in the inner ear
- Blood vessel disease
- Head injuries
III – What Are The Symptoms Of Vertigo?
When you have vertigo, feeling that everything around you is spinning and moving is the most common symptoms. Additionally, you maybe have some other symptoms:
- Difficulty in standing or walking
- Pain in ears
- Stumbling while walking
IV – Warning Signs & Precautions
Vertigo attacks can be associated with some serious diseases. You should see your doctor soon if you have the following warning signs:
- Sudden vertigo
- Double vision
- Trouble speaking
- Vertigo linked to neurological signs
- Vertigo linked to deafness
- Vertigo without the history of Meniere 
Therefore, when having vertigo, you often take some medicines to get rid of it. But when you abuse medicines, it is not good enough for your health.
Those who suffer from vertigo or experience other kinds of dizziness should avoid driving or using a ladder in order to prevent falls. Also, people should take care when they are looking upward and avoid make suddenly changing in head position.
V – Some Tips For Vertigo Attack Prevention
There is no way to prevent vertigo attacks. However, the following steps may reduce the bad impact of vertigo attacks:
- Sleep well enough at least 9 hours per day
- Drink a lot of water or fruit juice per day
- Do exercises regularly or take meditation or yoga
- Reduce stress every day
- Stop smoking and alcohol
- Avoid caffeine
- Eat more healthy food
- Avoid the sudden jerky motions
- Sit down immediately when feeling dizzy
- Use a cane and walk with it for stability to prevent falls or any serious injuries
- Change your pillow every six months
- Avoid bright light or loud sound
- Use good lighting during your bedtime at nights
VI – Top 15 Natural Home Remedies For Vertigo Attacks Treatment
So now, would you like to try something which both helps to get rid of vertigo and is good for your health? If “yes”, please continue reading this article on our page AllRemedies.com that will present to you 15 best natural home remedies for vertigo attacks treatment, which you can follow to get rid of your problem.
1. Almond Milk
Almond is among very useful home remedies for vertigo. Almond is a great source of vitamin B & E that help to cure vertigo effectively.
In order to use almond as a remedy, you had better consult the detailed instruction below:
- The first step is to take some almonds
- Then let them soak in water overnight
- After that, make a fine paste in the next morning by grinding them
- Next put this paste into warm milk
- Finally, drink this milk. It will naturally and immediately treat your vertigo
2. Coriander Seeds, Sugar, And Gooseberry Powder
Another among home remedies for vertigo is the combination between coriander seeds, sugar, and gooseberry powder. So when you use this to treat vertigo, you should follow the detailed direction below:
- First take a tablespoon of coriander seeds and a tablespoon of gooseberry powder
- Then soak them into water overnight
- In the next morning, strain it
- After that, add a half tablespoon of sugar
- Finally, drink this liquid when you have vertigo. It will give you a relief
3. Almond And Watermelon Seeds
Almond and watermelon seeds are good for vertigo too. However, you should prepare these things before doing this remedy:
- 8 almonds
- 8 watermelon seeds
- 2 tablespoons of wheat grain
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
In order to make this combination, you should follow these steps below:
- First soak all the ingredients in water overnight
- In the next morning, crush all ingredients in order to make a thick paste
- Then put ghee into a pan and put the pan on the flame
- After that, add the paste into the pan and fry it
- Finally, add this paste into milk and drink it
- Do this method several times a week. It will relieve vertigo effectively
Check also: 30 Best Natural Treatments For Vascular Dementia
4. Lemon, Black Pepper And Salt
If you want to find natural home remedies for vertigo, will you try the mixture between lemon, black pepper, and salt? This mixture will cure all the symptoms of it effectively. So what you need to do is to follow this recipe here:
- Firstly, squeeze a half of lemon into a glass of warm water
- Then, add black pepper and a pinch of salt into the glass
- After that, mix everything well together
- Finally, drink this liquid when you have vertigo.
In order to deal with vertigo, ginger is one of the best and the easiest home remedies for vertigo for you. If you try this simple remedy, nausea will be relieved and blood circulation to the brain will be promoted. And what you are looking for is mentioned below:
- Steep a teaspoon of ginger into a cup of boiling water about 5 minutes
- Then, strain the liquid to another cup
- Add a little honey if you want to sweeten this tea
- Drink this tea twice a day daily
- Repeat in a few weeks
Besides, the simpler way is that you just need to a piece of ginger when vertigo attacks you. Sometimes, you can take ginger supplements. But remember that you should ask the doctor before taking them.
Read more: Top 27 Health & Beauty Benefits of Ginger
6. Cardamom, Sesame Oil With Cinnamon
One of the most helpful home remedies for vertigo is the mixture between cardamom, sesame oil, and cinnamon. To implement this remedy, you ought to consult these steps below which can help to treat vertigo naturally:
- Now, heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Then, mix it in a half teaspoon of cardamom powder and a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Take this mixture to massage your head
- Leave it on for about a few hours
- Do this method several times per week for a month or more
Find more: Top 15 Benefits of Sesame Oil for Skin Care
7. Basil Milk
Thanks for the spicy, smell, and light of basil, it will help to cure vertigo effectively and quickly. So when you try to use this herb, you may follow this detailed direction:
- First, take three to four basil leaves
- Next, boil them in a cup of milk
- Drink this milk or inhale the smell of this milk every day before bedtime
- Repeat in a few weeks
Let’s try valerian  when vertigo attacks you. It can deal with the issues such as insomnia or anxiety which are the reasons for vertigo. Thus, follow this instruction here in order to relieve vertigo quickly:
- Firstly, put a teaspoon of dried valerian root in a cup of water
- Then allow it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes
- After straining this tea, drink it.
- Do this method up to thrice a day
- Keep doing every day at least two weeks
However, there is an easier way to cure vertigo fast. That is to take a teaspoon of valerian tincture once or twice per day daily. And you should do this remedy in two or three weeks. Plus, asking the doctor before you take valerian tincture is very necessary.
9. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is believed to help these problems such as insomnia, migraines, depression, nervous tension, as well as vertigo. Additionally, it contains antiviral properties. That’s why it is concerned as one of the fast home remedies for vertigo. And here is the recipe you are looking for:
- First boil a cup of water
- Add a teaspoon of dried lemon balm leaves
- Then let it simmer from 10 to 15 minutes
- Next strain the liquid to another cup
- Finally, drink this tea a few times per day
- Continue in a few weeks
Also, you are able to directly inhale lemon balm oil but don’t inhale it for a long time. Another thing you should do is to ask the doctor before applying this remedy.
10. Ginkgo Biloba
When talking about home remedies for vertigo, ginkgo biloba  is also mentioned. It is a wonderful Chinese medicine increasing blood flow to your brain, which can decrease the dizziness.
In order to treat vertigo fast and effectively, you ought to take 120 to 160 mg of ginkgo biloba extract twice or thrice per day. And, you do this method every day in 3 months.
But before doing this technique, you had better ask the doctor first.
11. Epley Maneuver
The Epley maneuver  is the most beneficial in curing vertigo. Here is the procedure which can also treat vertigo rapidly:
- Now, sit on the bed and put a pillow behind you in order that it is going to be under your shoulders as soon as you lie down
- Turn your head 45 degrees to the left if vertigo comes from the left ear. If it comes from the right ear, please turn right 45 degrees
- Lie back with your shoulders on the pillow quickly and refine your head onto the bed for 30 seconds
- Then, turn your head 90 degrees to the right and wait for 30 seconds if you don’t raise your head
- Next, turn your body 90 degrees to the right and keep staying in this position about 30 seconds while you keep your head in current position
- Sit up slowly and bring your head to the center
- Do this procedure thrice a day until you don’t have vertigo at least in 24 hours
- To have the best result, you should perform this procedure at night before bedtime
12. Amla, Misri, And Coriander
Would you like to get rid of vertigo quickly? If yes, you had better try the combination between amla, misri, and coriander. And the combination of them is implemented as the following direction:
- First, take 6 mg dried amla as well as 6 mg dried coriander
- Then, fill a clay pot with 2 cups of water
- Next, soak them in it overnight
- In the next morning, crush them in water
- Mix 2 tablespoons of misri in it
- After that, strain the liquid
- Finally, drink this liquid once or twice a day in 4 to 5 days. This will give you a relief from vertigo.
When mentioning strawberries, you just think they are delicious fruits that everyone likes. So now, they also can be used as one of natural home remedies for vertigo attacks.
Now, you are able to eat strawberries every day. This will make vertigo take away.
Alternatively, you might cut some fresh strawberries and then place them in a cup of yogurt. Now, eat them twice a day. Repeat every day so that it can relieve vertigo fast.
14. Almond, Poppy Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds With Wheat
If you want to reduce vertigo as quickly as possible, why not use the mixture made of almond, poppy seeds, pumpkin seed, and wheat? So what you need to do first is preparing all the ingredients here:
- Some almonds
- A tablespoon of poppy seeds
- A tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- Three tablespoons of wheat
- A teaspoon of butter
- A half teaspoon of cloves
- A glass of milk
Here is what you need to follow:
- First, soak almonds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, and wheat into water overnight
- In the next morning, fry cloves with butter
- Meanwhile, take the mixture of almonds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, and wheat out of water
- Then, crush the mixture in order to make a fine paste
- Boil a glass of milk and add the fried cloves as well as the paste
- Finally, drink this milk once a day.
15. Sesame Oil And Garlic
Garlic and sesame oil are also the best home remedies for vertigo. So when you use the combination of sesame oil and garlic, you should follow these steps below:
- Firstly, take two medium-sized cloves of garlic along with two teaspoons of sesame oil
- Then, crush the garlic
- After that, fry the garlic in sesame oil till it turns to brown
- Next, strain the mixture out of the oil
- Allow this oil to cool
- Pour two or three drops of this oil into one ear
- Let the oil stay in after one minute
- Finally, turn you head to drain the oil out
- Repeat it for another ear
- Do this once a day daily. It will relieve vertigo naturally and effectively
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 15 natural home remedies for vertigo attacks treatment, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your vertigo easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any home remedies for vertigo attacks. If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies for vertigo attacks, please leave them below.