UTI infections or urinary tract infections are a common health problem. Both men & women can get UTI infections, but women likely have a tendency to them. Some common causes of UTI include menopause, diabetes, pregnancy, delaying too long to urinate, and sexual intercourse. This condition can be cured and prevented by many natural home remedies instead of the conventional treatment.
If you are suffering from some of common symptoms of UTI infections such as fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, change in urine color, the burning sensation when urinating, passing small urine quantities, and a frequent urge for urinating, then you should read this writing. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you top 30 home remedies for uti infections in both women & men. This writing listed the best solutions to treat as well as prevent UTI from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 30 at home UTI remedies in more detail!
Top 30 Home Remedies For UTI Infections In Women & Men
1. Home Remedies For UTI – Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil not only gives you comfort when you suffer from UTI but also is one of the many effective remedies for sore throat.
People with UTI should try applying tea tree oil as it has antibacterial properties, which can help them in fighting the bacteria causing bladder infections like urinary tract infections. Here are easy ways to use tea tree oil for treating urinary tract infections:
- You mix about 10 drops of the tea tree oil into your bath water
- Then you apply this water in order to wash your urethra opening.
- Or, you may mix the tea tree oil with an equal amount of sandalwood oil and juniper oil
- Then you rub this mixture onto your abdominal region & onto the area near your bladder.
- This mixture is very effective for relieving the pain linked to urinary tract infections.
- You should do this solution once per day for 3 to 4 days.
- Another easy way to cure urinary tract infections is soaking in the warm bath water that is mixed with 2 tsp of the plain yogurt & 6 drops of the tea tree oil.
- Then you should follow this way daily for about 10 minutes for around 10 days.
2. Home Remedies For UTI – Blueberries
One of the easiest home remedies for UTI infections is using blueberries. This fruit has bacteria-inhibiting properties, which will help you in treating urinary tract infections. In addition, antioxidants found in this fruit are very good for your immune system. These antioxidants also help you in preventing the growth of bacteria causing urinary tract infections. Here are easy ways to apply blueberries for the treatment of UTI:
- You add a few fresh blueberries into your favorite cereal
- Then you can have it for your breakfast.
- In addition, you can do the fresh blueberry juice
- Then you have it 2 times per day in the morning & at night for the fast results.
- Pay attention: you should not add to this juice any artificial sweetener.
Including the fresh blueberry juice or fresh blueberries in the daily diet is very good for preventing urinary tract infections.
3. Home Remedies For UTI – Apple Cider Vinegar
This vinegar is very rich in potassium, enzymes & other useful minerals. Apple cider vinegar can help you in preventing the bacteria, which cause urinary tract infections from growing or multiplying. People with UTI infections can apply apple cider vinegar like a natural antibiotic in order to cure the infection. Here are detailed directions to utilize the apple cider vinegar for healing UTI:
- You add to a glass of the cool water with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- In addition, you can add to this water with the lemon juice & sweeten with honey.
- Then you mix them well.
- You drink this solution 2 times per day for some days.
4. Home Remedies For UTI – Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
One of other home remedies for UTI infections is using Indian gooseberry. This herb is very rich in vitamin C that in turn can inhibit the development of bacteria. To utilize Indian gooseberry for treating urinary tract infections, you can follow the following steps:
- You take 1 cup of water.
- Then you add 1 tsp of the Indian gooseberry powder with 1 tsp of turmeric powder into this water.
- Then you boil this water till 1/2 water evaporates.
- You can drink this solution 3 times per day for 3 to 5 days.
- In addition, you can eat more fruits such as bananas, guava, lemons, oranges, kiwi, melon, tomatoes, papaya, and raspberries that are rich in vitamin C.
5. Home Remedies For UTI – Cranberry Juice
Proanthocyanidins in cranberries can help you in preventing the bacteria from getting in touch with the walls of urethra causing UTI. In addition, the cranberry juice has a mild antibiotic affect, so it is very useful for preventing urinary tract infections from coming back again. To utilize the cranberry juice for preventing UTI infections, you can follow the following steps:
- Drink 1/2 glass of the unsweetened cranberry juice per day for preventing UTI infections.
- Drink about 3 to 4 glasses of the unsweetened cranberry juice per day for preventing the infection from causing the damage to kidneys.
Pay attention: people with kidney stones should not use this solution.
6. Home Remedies For UTI – Baking Soda
Baking soda is also one of the best home remedies for UTI. Especially, it contains alkaline properties that can help in neutralizing the acids content present in the urine thereby burning sensations felt while urinating during the UTI and reducing the pain as well. For optimal results, you only need to add baking soda (1 teaspoon) in one glass of water. It is recommended to consume it about once or twice per day.
7. Home Remedies For UTI – Pineapple
Pineapple has an enzyme called Bromelain, which contains anti-inflammatory agents that may decrease UTI symptoms. Here are easy ways to use pineapple for treating UTI:
- Having pineapple (a cup) on a regular basis may help prevent UTIs.
- Another option is to extract juice from half a pineapple and then drink it.
- You should use fresh pineapple as the canned version can contain preservatives.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for UTI presented in this article, so continue reading!
8. Home Remedies For UTI – Uva Ursi
Uva ursi is another herb containing a number of substances that may help fight infections, including UTIs. This herb has some chemicals with antiseptic properties. This herb is readily available at drugstores in the supplement forms. When you take this supplement, the antiseptic quality present in this herb gently stimulates urination and kills the bacteria as well.
Note: People with liver or kidney disease, children and nursing or pregnant women should not take uva ursi.
9. Home Remedies For UTI – Hot Water Compresses
Using hot water compresses regularly will give you relief from pain caused by the infection and help minimize bladder pressure. In addition, a hot compress also will help prevent growth of the bacteria that causes the infection and reduce the inflammation. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- First step is to put a little hot water in one flexible water bottle. Then place this hot water bottle on the lower abdomen for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also place one heating pad on your lower abdominal area in order to get relief from the pain.
10. Home Remedies For UTI – Water
As you know, drink plenty of water is very good for our health. It is recommended to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking more water will make you urinate more often, which is necessary for preventing and treating this kind of infection. Along with water, you can drink vegetable and fruit juices to bring your body with essential minerals and for fighting off the infection.