Peptic ulcers are small sores or holes in the stomach. Peptic ulcers can be caused by the use of painkillers like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pills and aspirin. They usually treated with medications to neutralize stomach acid or antibiotics for an infection. There are also home remedies you can use to help remove the symptoms of a peptic ulcer as well as help it heal. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you top 24 home remedies for peptic ulcer pain. This writing listed the best treatments to remove the peptic ulcer pain from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 24 at home peptic ulcer remedies in more details!
Cabbage is one of great home remedies for peptic ulcer. Especially, it can help heal the ulcer and strengthen the stomach lining. For best results, you can use cabbage to prevent peptic ulcer pain as follows.
- Cut 1/2 of a raw head of cabbage, 2 carrots into small pieces and then put them in a blender to make the juice.
- Drink this juice (one-half cup) at bedtime and before each meal.
It is recommended to consume repeat per day for a few weeks. You must remember to use fresh juice each time.
2. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Bananas
Both unripe and ripe bananas are very effective home remedy for peptic ulcer. Bananas also help strengthen the stomach lining as well as reduce inflammation. To treat an ulcer, you should use it as follows.
- Eat about three ripe bananas per day. You can make banana milkshakes if you do not like eating them.
- Another option is to peel 2 or 3 bananas and then cut the bananas into thin slices. Afterwards, you put these slices in the sun till they become dry. Grind them into a fine powder. Mix together this powder (two tablespoons) and honey (one tablespoon). Take the mixture three times daily for about a week.
3. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is considered as another effective home remedy for peptic ulcers. The compound capsaicin presents in cayenne pepper helps speed up the production of alkali, inhibits the secretion of stomach acids and stimulates gastric mucosal blood flow and mucus secretions. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix cayenne pepper (one-eighth teaspoon) in one glass of warm water. You should drink it two times a day for about three days.
- Simply, you can take three capsules daily immediately after each meal for one week.
- You can also add a little cayenne pepper to meats, soups and other savory dishes.
Coconut is one of another excellent home remedies for peptic ulcer due to its antibacterial qualities. Coconut helps fight the bacteria caused ulcers. Plus, coconut water and coconut milk have anti-ulcer properties. For beneficial results, you can use it as follows.
- Drink fresh coconut milk (a few cups) or tender coconut water every day. Or you can eat the tender coconut kernel. Follow this treatment for at least one week to get positive results.
- Another option is to take coconut oil (one tablespoon) in the morning for one week.
5. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Licorice
According to several studies, licorice is very effective for preventing and treating peptic ulcers. Plus, it also helps speed up the healing process and ease the pain from ulcers. For instant results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix licorice root powder (one-half teaspoon) in a cup of water. Cover it and then leave it sit overnight. Add cooked broken white rice (one cup) into this infusion and enjoy it. It is recommended to repeat per day for one week to obtain positive results.
- Another option is to consume licorice teaat least twice a day for 1 week.
One of best home remedies for peptic ulcer is using fenugreek. It contains powerful healing properties. For positive effects, fenugreek is used as follows.
- Boil fenugreek seeds (one teaspoon) in 2 cups of water. Strain and add a little honey to it and then drink it.
- Another option is to drink fenugreek seed powder (one teaspoon) along with milk.
- Alternatively, you can boil fenugreek leaves (1 cup), add a little honey and then eat it two times a day.
It is recommended to repeat any of these remedies two times per day for about a week.
7. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Honey
Raw honey is very helpful in treating peptic ulcers. Plus, honey reduces and soothes the inflammation of the stomach lining. For best results, you can take raw honey (two tablespoons) daily in the morning on your empty stomach. It will help treat and prevent stomach ulcers, cleanse the bowel and boost the stomach lining. There are a lot of other natural home remedies for peptic ulcer presented in this article, so keep reading it to learn more!
Garlic is also one of the great home remedies for peptic ulcer because of its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. For quick results, you take two to three cloves of crushed garlic in one glass of water. It is recommended to repeat this on a daily basis in order to prevent stomach ulcers and ease inflammation in the stomach.
9. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Slippery Elm
Slippery elm is another effective home remedy for peptic ulcers. Especially, it helps calm and soothe inflammation and pain due to mucilage property in the inner bark of the slippery elm. Moreover, the mucilage also helps get rid of excess fats in the intestines. To see best results, you can use it as follows.
- Take the inner bark of the slippery elm and then grind it into a powder.
- Mix this powder (one teaspoon) in one cup of warm water.
You had better drink this mixture three times a day for one week.
10. Wood Apple
Wood apple is also an excellent home remedy for peptic ulcers. Wood apple fruit juice also helps reduce inflammation and pain because of its mucilage content. For positive effects, you can use it as follows.
- Dip wood apple leaves (two to three) in one cup of water overnight.
- The following morning, strain this mixture and next to consume it on an empty stomach.
It is recommended to repeat this treatment every day for a few weeks.
11. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Raw Beetroots
Raw beetroots will help to flush out toxins and bacteria due to their powerful source of stomach cleansing anti-oxidants. For best results, you use fresh beetroot to make a juice or a salad.
12. Vitamin E Rich Foods
Foods rich in vitamin E are good for healing ulcers quickly. They include squash, pumpkin, fish, spinach, olive oil and tofu.
13. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Fiber Rich Foods
Fiber rich foods are effective for recovering from peptic ulcers quickly. The fiber rich foods include vegetables and fresh fruits, whole grains, dark chocolate, flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, soybeans and nuts, etc.
14. Carrot Juice
Carrot juice is also considered as one of the great home remedies for peptic ulcer. For best effects, you can drink carrot juice (at least 2 glasses) per day to get relief from its pain symptom.
15. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also one of best home remedies for peptic ulcer. For desirable results, you can dilute two big tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of drinking water. Then add a little baking soda to it. This will help to decrease the suffering and the pain caused by ulcer. Plus, it also helps to reduce burning sensation and the acidity.
16. Almond Milk
Using almond milk is one of the effective and popular home remedies for peptic ulcers. To see good results, you should enjoy cold almond milk in the morning. Another option is to make a paste by soaking some almonds, then peeling them and next to grinding them. Lastly, you add the paste to the milk and then consume it up immediately.
Keep reading this article to discover other home remedies for peptic ulcers.
17. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Olive Oil
This treatment is also considered as one of the useful home remedies for peptic ulcers. For optimal results, you need to mix one egg white with powdered sugar (one tablespoon) and then add olive oil (one tablespoon). You should consume this solution (one tablespoon) in the morning on empty stomach. It is not recommended to eat anything for two hours. You had better follow this treatment about 10 days.
To use kefir for treating peptic ulcers, you can mix one glass of kefir with olive oil (one tablespoon) and then drink this mixture before going to bed. This treatment is effective for healing the ulcer. It may take about two months for the peptic ulcer to heal.
Linseed is also good for treating the peptic ulcers. For desirable effects, you put linseed (two tablespoons) in a jar and then add two cups of boiling water to it. Afterward, you close tightly the jar and leave it sit overnight. Strain through double cheesecloth in the morning. In the morning, you should consume one cup of this solution on an empty stomach, half an hour before a meal.
20. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Sage And Plantain
The things you need to do are to take plantain and saga (one tablespoon) then pour over two cups of boiling water. Cover it and then leave it stay like that for about 2-3 hours, then strain. The first 10 days, you consume half a cup before each meal, once per day. Then enjoy half a cup thrice daily before a meal.
There are a lot of home remedies for peptic ulcers and using yarrow is one of the effective treatments for the ulcers. First step is to put yarrow (one tablespoon) in boiling water. In the morning, consume half a cup of this solution on empty stomach. This remedy lasts about 4-5 weeks.
22. Barks Of Oak
This remedy is used as follows. Firstly, you pour oak bark (40 grams) into an enamel pan and next to pour over one liter of boiling water. Keep this solution on low heat for about 20 minutes. Then strain it. It is suggested to take one tablespoon about 2-3 times per day.
23. Oat Tea
First step is to wash the oats. Next step is to pour oats (1 cup) into an enamel pan in the evening. Then pour over hot water (1 liter). Cover it and leave it stay like that about ten hours. Cook on a gentle heat for half an hour in the morning, next to cover it again and then put it away for about 12 more hours. After that, strain and add water till you have 1 liter of liquid. It is recommended to consume half a cup about four times a day, half an hour before a meal. This treatment lasts one month.
24. Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer – Additional Tips
Drinking raw goat milk is also another effective remedy in treating peptic ulcers. For best results, you should consume this juice three times per day.
Lime is very useful in curing peptic ulcer. The mineral salts and citric acid present in lime help cure the ulcer. You can use it in salads or make lime juice.
You can mix water and ten grams drumsticks leaves to create a paste. Then add half a cup of yoghurt in this mixture. You had better have this mixture daily in order to cure peptic ulcer.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 24 home remedies for peptic ulcer pain, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of your peptic ulcer pain quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for peptic ulcer, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.