Hair loss is a common problem that a lot of people suffer from. There are some factors behind hair loss including environmental effects, aging, excessive smoking, too much stress, nutritional deficiencies, genetic factors, chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines hormonal imbalance, scalp infections and medical conditions such as thyroid disorder, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), autoimmune diseases, chronic illnesses and iron-deficiency anemia. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 15 best natural home remedies for hair loss in males & females without any side effect. This writing listed the best natural treatments to cure hair loss from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 15 home remedies for hair loss in more detail!
15 Best Natural Home Remedies For Hair Loss In Males & Females Are Revealed
1. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek is one of the most excellent remedies for hair loss. These seeds contain hormone precursors which help in replenishing the hair growth. In addition, this seeds are very good source of protein and nicotinic acid that helps to strengthen and rebuild the hair shafts. There are two ways to use it in preventing the problem of hair loss:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- Take fenugreek seeds and then grind it to create a fine paste by including water (if necessary)
- Then, apply this paste on your hair and let it stay for about 1-2 hours
- Wash the hair with water and then pat it dry
- You had better repeat the same process for about 2 – 3 times per week to get complete relief from the problem.
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- Coconut oil
- Take enough amount of coconut oil and next heat it for several minutes to get warm
- After that, add fenugreek seeds in this and fry it for a few minutes
- Leave it to get cool for some minutes
- Then, apply this solution gently on your hair and scalp and gently massage it on circular motion in order to help this oil reach your hair roots and act effectively.
- Allow it to sit for around 30 – 45 minutes and finally rinse it with mild shampoo
- It is recommended to do this process with the oil for about 2 – 3 times per week before you take shower in order to prevent the hair loss and to boost the hair to grow.
2. Castor Oil
Looking for the natural home remedies for hair loss, you should not pass castor oil.
Especially, it contains minerals, proteins, anti-bacterial, vitamin E, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties which help in clearing all the troubles that related to your healthy hair growth. Here are detailed instructions to use it for treating hair loss:
This way encourages your hair growth naturally by boosting the hair follicles as well as makes your hair smooth, healthy and soft.
- Castor oil
- Plastic cap
- First of all, take castor oil in one bowl and then heat it for some minutes
- After that, apply this hot oil on your scalp and hair
- Massage it for some minutes to stimulate your hair growth
- Allow it to sit for entire night by covering the hair with plastic cap or shower cap
- This process will help to trap the heat and boost the penetration of the oil in order to grow hair healthily.
- Wash your hair thoroughly in the next morning with shampoo in order to prevent the traces of this oil
- You should regularize the application process to remove the all hair problem completely.
- Castor oil
- Shower cap
- Almond oil
- Take droplets of almond oil and castor oil and mix it thoroughly
- Then, apply this by beginning from your scalp to the roots
- Later massage the scalp and then go to your roots by applying completely
- Afterward, wrap your hair using a shower cap and allow it to sit for 2 – 3 hours or overnight.
- Rinse your hair using shampoo and then use conditioner followed by water
- Especially, this process is very effective for your eyebrows. It gives thicker the eyebrows as well as makes you look beautiful.
- Castor oil
- Hair conditioner
- Take castor oil (few drops) and add this to the daily used hair conditioner
- Next stir it well and then apply this to your hair and scalp line after shampooing
- It is recommended to do this process daily after shampooing to boost your hair growth.
- 8 tablespoons of castor oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon essential oil
- Empty bottle
- Cold water
- Shower cap
- Mild shampoo
- Take lemon essential oil and castor oil and then pour this in one bottle
- Shake this bottle so that it will help to combine to mixture thoroughly.
- Afterwards, pour this oil (few drops) into your hands and now apply this on your scalp.
- Gently massage it for around 2 – 4 minutes and allow it sit for around 15 – 20 minutes by wearing one shower cap
- Rinse your hair by using cold water finished by mild shampoo
- It is suggested to apply this solution to the daily for faster hair growth as well as to prevent the hair loss completely.
3. Olive Oil
This oil is always considered among one of the greatest home remedies for hair loss and other hair problems like dandruff, dry scalp, baldness, etc. Here are some ways to use olive oil for curing hair loss:
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of honey
- Mild shampoo
- Pan or microwave safe bowl
- Take enough amount of olive oil.
- Warm it by placing it in a pan or microwave safe bowl and next place it in stove
- After warming this oil for some minutes, you add cinnamon powder and honey to it
- Mix it well and then apply this on your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Allow it to sit for around 15 – 20 minutes and finally rinse it off by using mild shampoo followed by the water
- The process has to be repeated for 2 – 3 times per week.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Take olive oil and next add cumin seeds into this
- Allow it on for around10 – 15 minutes
- Later, gently rub your bald patches with this oil for around 5 – 10 minutes
- Or, you may even store this mixture in a bottle and then use this every day for effective and faster results.
- Olive oil
- Shower cap or towel
- First of all, take enough amount of olive oil and then apply this throughout your hair and scalp.
- It is ideal to massage the hair at night time before you go to bed
- Allow it to stay on hair for entire night but remember to place one shower cap on the hair and a towel on the pillows in order to prevent it from getting oily on this.
- Wash your hair with water and shampoo in the morning.
4. Lemon Seeds And Peppercorns
This combination is also one of the most effective home remedies for hair loss. Peppercorns and lemon seeds help in increasing the blood circulation on your scalp and also this further helps in growing hair effectively on the bald patches. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Black peppercorns – 10
- Lemon seeds – 7
- Take the seeds of both peppercorns and lemon
- Crush them finely in order to get the powdered form.
- Then, apply this on your hair and wait for around 10 – 15 minutes
- Every day application of this process two times a day for a couple of weeks will give faster and better results in preventing the hair loss.
Onions may be one of the most popular home remedies for hair loss. Onion juice cleanses your scalp and hair follicles. Here are detailed instructions to use onion for dealing with hair loss problem:
- Sieve or cloth
- Mild shampoo
- Squeezer or filter
- Take an onion and next peel it off.
- Later separate the inner red part of this onion which is needed to extract the juice
- After that, take one mixer to extract its juice or you can grate it or use your hands in order to squeeze out the juice.
- Take a sieve or cloth to filter the liquid as well as to remove all the solids.
- Afterward, apply the pure onion juice to your scalp only.
- Gently massage it for around 8 – 10 minutes and finally wash it with water
- Take onion juice and next to add organic honey to this
- Mix it well and then apply this on your hair by rubbing it gently.
- Or simply, you can cut your onion into 2 pieces and take1/2 a piece of onion
- Afterwards, rub it on your hair.
- Let it to sit for some minutes and finally wash it with water.
6. Aloe Vera
Looking for the natural home remedies for hair loss, you should not pass aloe vera. Aloe vera has a lot of minerals and vitamins that make your hair grow in some places where you find the bald patches. It effectively cures the hair problems which were caused thanks to dry, infected and damaged scalp. In addition, the enzymes of aloe vera help in opening up the clogged hair follicles and stopping the hair loss. Plus, it contains anti-parasitic property which helps to clear the infection as well as heal the scalp naturally. For satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Lukewarm water
- Aloe vera
- Take aloe vera leaf and then squeeze it to extract its gel
- Afterwards, apply this juice or gel on your scalp and massage it for some minutes
- Allow for few hours or entire night and wash it with lukewarm water
- It is recommended to repeat this process 3 – 4 times per week to completely remove the hair loss.
- Aloe vera juice or aloe vera leaf
- Take fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze it to extract the gel
- Then, take equal amounts of this juice or aloe vera gel and honey and next stir it well
- After that, apply this on your scalp and later gently massage this with your fingers so that this gel can spread evenly to all over your scalp
- Leave this to sit on scalp for around 30 – 45 minutes and lastly wash it with water.
- It is recommended to apply this process regularly to prevent the hair loss as well as to grow hair naturally.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also one of the best home remedies for hair loss. It contains antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help to cure all the scalp and hair problems. It also nourishes your scalp and hair by moisturizing it well. In addition, it has linoleic acid that maintains the hair well hydrated and keeps the elasticity, oleic acid present in coconut oil help to get stronger and thicker hair naturally in order to prevent the problem of hair loss. Here are detailed directions to use this oil for treating hair loss:
- Coconut oil
- Shower cap
- Take enough amount of the oil into the hands
- Directly apply this on your scalp and hair
- Then massage this gently on the hair completely for several minutes.
- Allow it on for around 5 – 10 minutes and next comb the hair to distribute this oil even all over your hair shaft
- Now secure your hair using a shower cap and leave it to sit for around 4 – 5 hours or entire night.
- After that, wash your hair two times with mild shampoo to remove the excess oil on your hair completely.
- Finally, the remedy will definitely gently moisturize and cleanse your scalp and enhances the hair growth on your bald head by bringing the essential nutrients to your hair.
- Coconut oil
- Cold water
- Lemon juice
- Take coconut oil (2 parts) and mix it in lemon juice (1 part)
- Stir it well and then apply this on your hair.
- Gently start massaging it from the roots of your hair to the tips
- Allow it to sit for around 4 – 6 hours or for entire night.
- Then, rinse your hair using cool water finished by mild shampoo
- Follow this process regularly in order to get hair grow on your bald patches.
8. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry (or amla) is also one of the most excellent home remedies for hair loss. It is very rich in iron and vitamin C that prevents the problem of hair loss effectively. It has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and other exfoliating properties which help to maintain your scalp away from the dust as well as other infections and lastly opens up your clogged hair follicles for the proper hair growth and makes it healthy and cures the baldness problem. To use it for treating hair loss, what you need to do:
- 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice / pulp
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Shower cap
- Take a bowl and next to pour lemon juice and amla pulp into this
- Mix it well and then apply this on your scalp
- Massage it gently for a few minutes and cover your head with a shower cap
- Leave it for entire night without disturbing and rinse your hair in the morning with shampoo and water
- You should regularly follow the process as it yields great results over hair loss and baldness.
- Coconut oil
- Take gooseberry and then cut it into many pieces
- Dry the pieces in the shade without any wetness in these pieces.
- Then take one saucepan and now pour enough amount of coconut oil to this
- Heat it for some minutes and later add dried pieces of gooseberry in this
- Boil it until the hard part of these piece get cooled and turns to dark
- After that, turn off the heat and leave it to cool down.
- Then, take off these amla pieces from the warm oil and apply this oil on your scalp
- Now, massage it gently from the roots of the hair to the tip
- You had better repeat this process as needed
- 2 teaspoons of gooseberry powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- Take a pan and then pour water in this and boil it for several minutes
- Later, add Indian gooseberry powder in this and stir it well to create it like smooth paste
- After that, add yogurt and honey in this solution and mix it well
- Now, apply this paste on your hair roots and strands and allow it sit for around 30 – 45 minutes
- Rinse it with water and follow this for 2 – 3 times in per week until you get hair on your bald patches.
- Another option is to soak the dried gooseberry in water for entire night and wash your strands with the water in the morning.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for hair loss presented in this article, so continue reading!
Here are step by step directions to use hibiscus for treating hair loss you can follow at home:
- Hibiscus flowers
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Indian gooseberry (amla)
- Take coconut oil, hibiscus flowers, curry leaves and amla in a pan
- Then, boil this for some minutes and let it cool down
- Strain the oil and after that apply this to your hair and scalp
- Gently massage it for several minutes and allow it sit for around 30 – 45 minutes
- Rinse it with water finished by shampoo
- It is recommended to repeat this process daily to get hair on your bald patches naturally
- Hibiscus flowers
- Lime juice
- Take a pan and then add some water and hibiscus into it
- Boil this for some minutes and later add a little bit of lemon juice into this
- Stir it well and now apply this to your hair after straining it
- Leave it to stay for some time and lastly rinse it with the water.
- You had better continue doing this method regularly to get rid of the hair loss.
10. Pigeon Pea And Red Gram
Pigeon pea contains enough of strengthening property which helps for hair growth and cure the hair loss effectively. Red gram is used as general ingredients in a lot of growth formulae and hair care. In order to gain expected results, you can do as follows:
- Red gram
- Pigeon pea
- First of all, take equal amounts of the pigeon pea and red gram
- Mix it well and then grind this to create it like one thin paste
- Now, apply this on your scalp
- Allow it to stay for around 15 – 30 minutes and finally rinse it with shampoo
- Re-apply the process regularly to help promote your hair and to stop the problem of hair loss and baldness.
11. Liquorice And Milk
Liquorice can help in promoting the hair growth while milk can help in nourishing the hair and enhancing its growth. To use it for dealing with hair loss, what you need to do:
- 2 tablespoons of liquorice powder
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- A pinch of saffron
- Take milk and next add liquorice powder
- Then, stir it well by adding saffron (a pinch) to make it like one fine paste
- Apply the paste on your hair
- Allow it on for entire night and in the morning, rinse it off
- It is suggested to regular repeat the same process to get instant relief from the hair loss and also to enhance the hair growth covering the bald patches.
Henna is also considered as one of the most effective home remedies for hair loss. Here are detailed instructions to use it for treating hair loss treatment:
- Mustard oil – 250 gms
- Henna leaves – 100gms
- Airtight bottle
- First of all, take mustard oil in one bowl and boil it
- Next, add henna leaves and allow it boil for some minutes
- Leave it cool down and then strain it to keep it in a bottle or airtight container.
- Now, apply this oil to your hair and massage the scalp and hair with the oil.
- Everyday application of the oil to your hair will help prevent the hair loss.
Seeking the best natural home remedies for hair loss, you should not pass beetroot. Beetroot juice has carbohydrates, protein, phosphorus, calcium, vitamins B, C and potassium. All of these nutrients are really essential for your healthy hair growth. To use it for curing hair loss, you should do as follow:
- Simply, you can add fresh juice of beetroot in your diet. A part from this juice, alfalfa juice, spinach juice, carrot juice or lettuce juice will help maintain your hair healthy.
- Another option is to grind a few leaves of beetroot (boiled in water) and henna and then apply this paste on your scalp. Allow it on for around 15 to 20 minutes before washing it out. It is suggested to repeat several times per week.
Generally, flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which prevent further hair loss as well as encourage hair growth. Here are some ways to use it for treating hair loss cure:
- In order to manage hair loss, you consume freshly ground flaxseeds (one tablespoon) with water (a glass) every day in the morning. Or simply, you can include flaxseeds to your soups, smoothies, salads and other dishes.
- Another choice is to take flaxseed oil, or simply apply it onto the hair. When used as hair oil, this oil can help in preventing hair loss and strengthening your hair as well.
15. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is very rich in protein as well as essential fats that prevent hair loss and improve hair growth. When being used to the hair, the coconut milk provides instant results. Here are easy steps to use coconut milk for curing hair loss:
- You can prepare fresh coconut milk by mixing a freshly grated coconut to water (a pan).
- Let it to simmer for about 5 minutes. Next strain it.
- Once cool, you apply this milk thoroughly onto your scalp and into the hair. Allow it on for around 20 minutes and finally shampoo your hair.
- In order to make this remedy more effective, you can mix black pepper and powdered fenugreek seeds to the coconut milk before applying it.
- Massage your hair with coconut oil or almond oil or olive oil at night time before going to bed and allow it for entire night by wearing shower cap and afterwards rinse it gently with the help of mild shampoo in the next day morning.
- Regularly rinse the hair with clean and cold water and remember that after rinsing, rub the scalp using your fingertips well in order to clear your scalp build up.
- Must avoid spiky brushes, sharp clips, tight rubber bands, etc. that causes effect on your hair follicles for the proper growth.
- Caffeine which is a main ingredient of coffee helps to rejuvenate your hair whenever it applied on your bald areas. You should apply this method regularly to fight off the baldness.
- Avoid over combing your hair as this will make the hair damaged and dry. This in turn leads to the problem of hair loss by getting rid of moisture on your scalp and avoid combing the wet hair.
- Always have suitable time to take rest hence it helps in keeping you away from the problem of stress, as the stress will lead to the hair loss. You should have sleep for 7 – 8 hours minimum in order to get healthy hair growth by keeping the homeostasis of your body.
- Stop taking alcohol and quit smoking to get proper blood circulation all over your body including the scalp and certainly that in turn helps to boost the hair growth on your scalp and prevent the hair loss.
- Limit your intake of salty or spicy food to prevent the baldness or hair loss
- Yogurt is very rich in protein that naturally cures and conditions the hair fall or baldness. So apply the yogurt on your head as hair mask by gently massing it for about 15 minutes or simply eat yogurt (a cup) regularly to enhance the hair growth on your scalp as well as prevent the baldness.
- Green tea also boosts the hair growth on your bald patches due to its natural antioxidants. So simply, you apply this herbal tea on your scalp by focusing more on the affected area. Allow it for 1-2 hours and rinse it using water to prevent baldness.
- Consume fresh vegetables and fruits and drink plenty of water to strengthen the hair as well as to make the hair grow naturally. Have the food which is high in omega – 3 fatty acids, vitamin C, proteins, zinc and iron in your diet to remove the baldness.
- Curry leaves is also one of the most effective remedy home remedies for hair loss. For this, all you need to do is to take few leaves of curry and boil them in the coconut oil until the leaves turn black and later remove the leaves. Now gently massage the hair with the warm oil to promote your hair growth.
- Rinsing the hair using apple cider vinegar will prevent your hair fall or else you can apply this vinegar on your hair and scalp and allow it for overnight. Rinse it in the morning that helps to open up your clogged hair follicles as well as strengthens its roots.
- Consume a combinational juice of lettuce and spinach everyday to prevent the hair loss or baldness.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. To solve the problem of hair loss, you should try some of above natural remedies. After reading the article of 15 best natural home remedies for hair loss in males & females, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of hair loss quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for hair loss, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural hair loss remedies to us.