Diarrhea is also spelled diarrhoea, which is a common condition that can lead to loss of fluid and dehydration. Some symptoms of dehydration are loss of skin stretchiness. This problem will lose skin color, increase heart rate, decrease urination and diarrhea is almost caused by parasites, viruses, and bacteria. You can get some featured symptoms of diarrhea are cramping, loose stool, thin stool, watery stool, nausea, fever, vomiting, frequent bowel movements. In this article, AllRemedies.com will show you top 29 natural home remedies for diarrhea in adults. This article is just for informational purpose only so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is serious.
Top 29 Natural Home Remedies For Diarrhea In Adults
1. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Drink More Fluids
Diarrhea will cause dehydration and drinking water and fluids is one of the best home remedies for diarrhea. Whenever getting this digestive problem, you need to drink plenty of water and liquid. Water is very important because every part of the body needs water to live. Moreover, diarrhea dehydrates your body and you should apply enough fluid in body. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water each day and add more fluids through daily diets. Specifically, male should drink 13 cups of water every day and female should intake 9 cups of water daily. Other good options for adults are broth, teas, sports drinks, carrot juice, celery juice, water, etc. Keep hydrating is very important and necessary to get rid of diarrhea naturally and effectively.
2. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Banana
Like other home remedies for diarrhea, banana can help you get rid of diarrhea fast and naturally at home. Actually, eating banana can reduce depression, increase energy, protect muscles, support digestion, be rich in pectin, stimulate bacteria, heal constipation, and treat diarrhea.
Knowledge is half the battle.
Knowing what to eat is only part of the path to success. Here are detailed instructions to use banana for treating diarrhea:
- Being great in fiber, electrolyte, and potassium, you should eat ripe bananas each day.
- You should eat a few bananas to relieve the symptoms of diarrhea without taking drugs.
3. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Yogurt
Yogurt contains bifid bacterium and lactobacillus acidophilus, which is very useful for diarrhea. Additionally, this ingredient is high in lactic acid and you will be surprised about the function of yogurt in treating diarrhea. Bacteria in yogurt are also called live cultures and can damage bad bacteria and will restore good bacteria in intestine. Yogurt includes probiotic and it can reduce diarrhea according to a report of American Medical Association. Simply, you just eat some bowls of yogurt each day to relieve symptoms of diarrhea. You can add banana into yogurt to have a better taste.
4. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Ginger
Ginger is a flowering plant and its root is used to be a spice and it was used in almost of countries in the world. Ginger produces a fragrant and hot spice and it is a good ingredient in a lot of dishes. Along with health benefits, ginger is great in treating diarrhea, reducing abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, etc. The method to use ginger for diarrhea is:
- Grate a ginger piece and mix with honey, eat the mixture to improve digestion. Do not drink water right after drinking this fluid.
- Alternatively, you can drink ginger tea 2-3 times each day to eliminate signs of diarrhea. The way to make ginger tea is so simple, you can slice a piece of ginger and add it into cup of water, boil for some minutes, strain, and put some honey before you drink it.
5. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are natural home remedies for diarrhea you should take advantage of. These seeds are used in healing many conditions such as constipation, stomachache, loss of appetite, gastritis, heart diseases, triglycerides, atherosclerosis, kidney conditions, bronchitis, infections, tuberculosis, coughs, diabetes, and so on. Moreover, fenugreek seeds contain mucilage content and it will fight diarrhea very well. The method is:
- Chew a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Another option is to mix yogurt, cumin seeds, and roasted fenugreek seeds. Combine the mixture 3 times each day to relieve diarrhea.
6. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a beneficial ingredient that is used commonly in chutneys, food preservatives, vinaigrettes, marinades, and salad dressings. Also, apple cider vinegar contains malic acid and acetic acid that is very helpful for weight loss, healing blood sugar, removing dandruff, soothing sore throat, relieving foot odor, healing digestive problems, clearing up skin, healing sunburn, and whitening your teeth. Certainly, apple cider vinegar is used in healing diarrhea and this is the method:
- Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink the mixture 1-2 times per day to get rid of diarrhea symptoms.
7. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Carrot Soup
Carrot is a kind of root vegetable; its color is yellow, white, red, purple, and orange color. The eaten part of carrot is taproot and it is widely used in many countries to make salads, cuisines, soups, and other healthy dishes. Carrot has antiseptic property and carrot soup is especially useful for treating diarrhea. Furthermore, carrot supplies a lot of necessary nutrients that are lost when getting diarrhea. Here is the instruction how to cook carrot soup for diarrhea.
- Wash some carrots.
- Cook carrots with some water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the mixture and add some salt to taste.
- You can eat this soup each day in some days to get rid of diarrhea.
- You also can add honey, lemon juice, and sugar into carrot juice to taste.
8. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – White Rice
White rice is very common in your family, right? White rice is nutritious ingredient and it is great in vitamin B1, iron, vitamin B2, and other nutrients. White rice has shiny, white, and bright appearance and you should use plain white rice to get rid of diarrhea signs. The way to use white rice is:
- Cook white rice and eat this ingredient every day to improve digestion and harden your stools.
- Eat some plain white rice with spices and sauces.
- Increase white rice when you get more diarrheas.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for diarrhea in adults presented in this article, then, if you want to discover more, continue reading it!
9. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is also spelled chamomile and it is a common plant of asteraceae family. This ingredient is used commonly in treating hemorrhoids, gastrointestinal conditions, ulcers, insomnia, menstrual diseases, muscle spasm, inflammation, and hay fever. Chamomile includes antispasmodic property that can relieve abdominal pain, diarrhea, and stomach disorders. It can reduce inflammation very well at home. The method is:
- You steep a teaspoon of chamomile flowers, a teaspoon of peppermint leaves, and a glass of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea for a few times each day.
- You also can replace green tea to improve digestive function.
10. Home Remedies For Diarrhea – Black Seed Oil
You can use back seed oil to cure diarrhea constipation, asthma, colic, and gas. In addition, black seed oil can reduce intestinal worms, nasal congestion, toothache, headache, parasites, hemorrhoids, cough, allergies, cholesterol reduction, healing blood pressure, menstruation, and birth control. To treat diarrhea, you can use black seed oil, you can follow this instruction:
- Combine a glass of plain yogurt with a teaspoon of black seed oil.
- Eat the mixture twice each day to get rid of diarrhea signs.
Try to use home remedies for diarrhea, keep reading the writing and you will get more useful treatments.