Are you suffering from burns? Do you want to know which natural remedies to treat burns quickly? If your answer is “Yes”, you can follow these all natural treatments as below. In this article, AllRemedies.com will show you 30 best natural home remedies for burns on fingers, face & other body parts. The following writing collected information from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 30 Best Natural Home Remedies For Burns On Fingers, Face & Others
1. Cold Water
Cold water may helpful in curing burns as well as prevent them from spreading to other parts. There are many ways using cold water. You can refer some below tips:
- You can let the cold water blow through the burning area for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you to relieve from burns.
- Besides, you can leave a cold compress on your affected skin area. You should repeat this compress many times a day to reduce from pain.
- Remember not to use ice cubes instead of cold water because it may resist blood flow that can damage your delicate tissues.
- You can apply cold milk and practice the same process to dispose of burns.
2. Aloe Vera
This is one of traditional home remedies for burns. Aloe vera has the properties of astringent, painkilling, soothing, and tissue-healing, which help to treat burns quickly.
- First of all, you put the affected area to cold water or vinegar and rinse it.
- Next, you take an aloe vera leaf then you squeeze it to get its gel.
- You apply this gel on the affected areas directly
- You should leave it on burns until it dry because it has the ability to cool your skin as well as heal burns soon.
- In case you don’t have any fresh aloe vera plant, you can buy aloe vera cream which contains the ingredient of aloe vera from the medical stores then apply it on burns.
- You should repeat this process to make the healing process faster.
There are many other home remedies for burns, keep following this article to get more details!
Honey can be effectively applied to disinfect the wounds as well as heal burns. It also works as a soothing agent. When you apply honey to treat burns, it will remove fluids from the tissues and cleanse the burned area.
- Firstly, you take honey and rub it to the burnt area directly.
- Then you leave it on your skin for few minutes.
- After that, you rinse it off with water.
- Or you can spread honey on the gauze bandage. Then you put it gently on burns. You should keep waiting for few hours and rinse it off with water. Remember that you have to change the bandage 3 or 4 times a day.
- Keep applying these ways to heal burns faster.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic and astringent properties that can help you to treat burns and prevent the infection.
- Firstly, you take apple cider vinegar and mix it with water at the equal ratio.
- Then, you use this mixture to rinse your affected area.
- Next, you soak a clean cotton or cloth in the mixture then you cover the affected area with it.
- After 3 hours, you should replace another clean cloth / cotton
- You should do this process regularly to reduce the pain as well as cure the burnt area.
Keep reading this writing about 36 best home remedies for burns to get more information!
5. Plantain Leaf
Plantain leaf is rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-hemorrhagic, expectorant and antimicrobial properties that can help to heal burns without having any scars.
- First of all, you take some fresh plantain leaves then crush them to get the extract of juice.
- Next, you rub the juice directly to burns.
- Besides, you can pound the leaf and wrap it directly around your affected area of burns.
6. Raw Potato
It has the ability to decrease the pain as well as reduce the chance of forming scars.
- Firstly, you take a raw potato then cut it into many slices.
- Next, you rub these slices to burns and around it.
- While rubbing, you have to make sure that you do not rub with pressure.
- You should use this method immediately after you have burns to have the best results.
- Repeat this process if you need.
7. Lemon Juice And Coconut Oil
Both lemon juice and coconut oil can help to treat burns when it has dried and cooled. Coconut oil has a large amount of Vitamin E and many fatty acids such as myristic acid, caprylic acid, and lauric acid that offer antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal benefits. While lemon juice contains acidic properties, which naturally lighten the scars.
- At first, you get coconut oil and mix it properly with a little lemon juice.
- Then you apply this mixture on your affected area to heal burns.
- You should do this process regularly to get the improvements faster.
8. Black Tea Bags
Black tea has tannic acid that can help to draw out the heat of burns and as a result, it reduces the pain, which is caused by burns.
- You put 3 tea bags to cool water leaving on a cup.
- Next, you wait for few minutes
- Then you rub gently the tea bags on your burnt area.
Besides, you can leave wet and cold tea bags directly on your affected area then you use gauze piece covering them to hold them in place.
- You prepare black tea (3 or 4 bags), fresh mint leaves (2 cups), boiled water (4 cups).
- Then, you mix all above ingredients to make a fine mixture.
- You leave the mixture on a bottle and put it in the refrigerator for few minutes
- After that, you rub the mixture on your burned area/skin by a cotton ball.
- You should apply this remedy regularly to get the best results.
9. Lavender Essential Oil
This oil has painkilling and antiseptic properties that can help you to treat burns as well as reduce the risk of scarring.
- Firstly, you take some drops of lavender essential oil.
- Then you rub this oil directly to burns for many times a day
- Or you can put lavender oil to a clean cloth or piece of gauze and leave it on your burned area. You should remember to replace a new gauze/ cloth for every 2 or 3 hours.
10. Onion Juice
Onion has sulfur and quercetin that can help you to relieve the pain as well as heal burns. It also reduces the chances of forming scars.
- At first, you take an onion then cut it into many small pieces.
- Next, you crush these pieces to get the onion juice.
- You rub this juice directly to burns directly.
- You have to make sure that you use freshly cut onions because onions can lose their medical properties after few minutes.
- You should repeat this process several times a day to reduce the pain and burns.
While healing burns, you can have itching. If you do not respond it correctly, it can cause another problem and oatmeal may help you to relieve itching.
- Firstly, you take one cup of uncooked oatmeal then you add it into a bath tank of lukewarm water.
- Next, you soak your body for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Then you let it dry naturally in order that the thinly coated oatmeal remains on your skin.
- Wait few minutes then rinse with clean water.
12. Egg Whites
Egg white is one of the most popular home remedies for burns. In order to use egg whites for treating burns, you separate several whites from yolks then you soak your affected skin areas in the egg whites. You will feel more comfortable and no longer feel pain after you soak your burned skin in egg whites for several hours.
Continue reading this article to discover other natural home remedies for burns!
The fat content which has in the milk can help you to soothe burns as well as speed up the process of healing. If you can drink nonfat milk, which contains special enzymes, these enzymes help you to fast up the process of healing by reducing the pain. Therefore, it’s very good to drink any types of the milk.
- First of all, you take a bowl of milk and soak your burned area in it.
- Keep waiting for about 15 minutes.
- Besides, you may simply use a washcloth soaked in milk and put it on the burnt skin. Then you wait few minutes and take it off. You should do this for every 3 to 4 hours to dispose of the pain and to heal burns quickly.
Note: You have to make sure that you rinse your hands and burned area after 24 hours with soap and water to eliminate the sourness.
Yogurt is a product which has the ability to heal naturally. It works as an antidote as well as soothes your burned area and helps it cool to relieve the pain.
- At first, you take 1 cup of yogurt and rub it directly on your burnt area.
- Then you allow it on burns for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next, you gently rinse around the affected part to relieve
- It is recommended to use plain yogurt than the flavored one.
- Practice this process daily to reduce the pain caused by burns.
15. Vitamin E Oil
Using Vitamin E can help you to treat burns by getting relief from the pain. You may either use the food that contains vitamin E such as cooked broccoli, almond nut, rainbow trout… or oil, Capsule which has vitamin E.
- You take vitamin E oil then rub directly on burns
- You should let it like that and do not touch it.
- By repeating this way regularly, you can heal burns faster and faster.
16. Mustard Oil And Turmeric
Turmeric is an antibiotic that helps you to heal burns while mustard oil can help you to relieve the pain.
- You take one tablespoon of mustard oil and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Then, you mix it well to make a fine paste.
- You rub it gently on burns.
- You should allow it on your face for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with clean water.
- Repeat this process twice a day to reduce the pain and heal burns quickly.
17. Soy Sauce
Applying soy sauce to burns will help you relieve the pain and make your skin not to form scars. It can treat first and second burns effective.
- At first, you take soy sauce then you rub it gently to the burnt areas.
- You allow it on the affected areas for about 30 minutes
- Then you rinse it off with clean water.
18. Banana Peel
Lutein is a powerful antioxidant that is contained in the banana peel will help you to reduce the inflammation and swelling caused by burns. It can also help in healing the burnt area by disposing of the pain which is caused by it.
- Firstly, you rub a banana peel gently to the burned areas.
- Then you allow it on your affected areas till it changes to black in color.
- Keep repeating this process to relieve the pain as well as heal it faster.
Any cooling agent works wonderfully on burns and cucumber juice is one of the most effective and simplest remedies you can do at home. You just slice cucumber into many thin slices and rub to your affected areas. You can see an amazing result after applying it regularly.
Mustard may help you to heal burns quickly. In spite of stinging, mustard helps in taking away the pain and decreases the blemishes as well as scars caused by them.
- You take mustard then rub it to the burned skin. You should remember that you do not over rub it.
- Then you leave it on the affected area for few minutes.
- Finally, you rinse it off with cool and clean water.
To know more other home remedies for burns, read the next part of this writing to discover more!
21. Salt Solution
Salt can help to treat burns by drawing out all the liquid and make it dry to relieve the pain faster. It will also heal burns in your mouth when you eat too hot foods.
- You mix a half teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of lukewarm water.
- Then you wash the burnt area off with the salt water solution
- After 2 hours, you should repeat this process.
- You should apply this way to relieve the pain as well as heal the wound faster.
22. Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste is another home remedy to cure burns. You just have to use a little toothpaste on burns. This toothpaste coating may prevent blistering. It will reduce the pain quickly. To have the best results, you should keep the coating on your affected areas for a day.
23. Aluminum Foil
Aluminum foil is one of the best home remedies for burns. After cooling the burn, you wrap burns in aluminum foil and leave it like that for several hours. It has many functions such as protecting burns from additional damage, keeping it cool and delivering restorative minerals because the foil has aluminum as well as other regenerative minerals.
24. Baking Soda
Baking soda also is one of the simplest home remedies for burns that can help you to relieve the pain. It also can restore the pH balance of your skin, and remove the pain well as burning sensation immediately. To apply baking soda, you just mix it with water to make a fine paste, and you practice the paste to your burned area. After it dries, you rinse with clean water and repeat.
25. Calendula Flower Tea
You can also use calendula flower tea according to these steps to treat burns quickly.
- You prepare 2 tablespoons of dried calendula flowers and 1 cup of boiled water.
- Then you mix them to have a mixture and let until it cool.
- You apply it on your affected area with the helping of a cool compress.
One of the quick remedies for burns is to use mashed avocado. Avocado contains soothing and healing properties that will help your skin to heal faster. To apply it, you mash a cool avocado and rub the thick paste to the area. Keep waiting until it dries and wash off with clean water.
27. Olive Oil
Olive oil can help in relieving pain as well as removing all the scars caused by burns. It also keeps your skin shiny and smooth. You just apply it regularly for a few weeks and it will make burns heal quickly.
For burns, you can rub a coat of butter to the skin. Cool butter can work more effectively than the warm one. When the butter is melting, you should apply another fresh chunk to keep your skin cool as well as prevent the germs from entering. Butter also has the soothing properties that will heal burns quickly and prevent scarring.
You can mix chili with alcohol to treat burns faster. It will help you to eliminate swelling and redness.
- First, you prepare chili and alcohol and mix them well in a bowl.
- Then you soak this mixture to your skin area.
- You should allow it on your affected areas for about 1 to 2 hours. After applying it, the burnt skin area will be restored.
Because part of burns may not be soaked in wine or alcohol, you should use an a clean cloth to wrap the burn areas then continuously pour alcohol/ wine to the clean cloth in order that it will not dry. By applying this way, you will find a great improvement. In fact, it is also one of the best home remedies for burns on fingers, arms, face, and other body parts that you should trust and use.
30. Diet Plan
Setting your diet can help you to heal burns as well as strengthen your immune system in order to make the treatment process faster.
- Vitamin C will help to heal burns and many other wounds speedily. Therefore, you should eat the food that has vitamin C such as potatoes, citrus fruits, broccoli etc.
- Besides, Vitamin E and Vitamin A will also help in speeding up the healing process. Hence, you can take the food that is rich in vitamin E and vitamin A such as vegetables and green fruits, nuts, and cereals.
- Drink more water to get yourself hydrated as well as to strengthen the immune system to fight any problem.
- Keep eating the food that has high in calories, vitamins, proteins, minerals, zinc to help in speeding up the healing process.
All of above tips are top 30 best natural home remedies for burns on fingers, face, & other body parts. If you want to know more about natural home remedies for other diseases and conditions, you can go to visit our main Home Remedies page. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy.