In fact, you can find hard to increase height after the age of 20 because the bones basically stop growing or grow slowly. Growth hormones and surgeries to boost height growth in adults are potentially risky. Nonetheless, by following a few tips above, you can add a few inches to your height. So, read this interesting article and then check these simple height-increasing tips.
How To Increase Height Naturally – Top 19 Simple Tips
In this article, we will show you some of the simple tips to increase height people should know and apply to grow taller naturally. So, if you want to know more about health facts and ways that can help you look taller, keep your eyes on this entire article and then try to apply one or more of these how to tips for good.
I. Factors That Can Affect Your Height
Genetic and non-genetic factors can affect our height. The height is regulated by HGH or human growth hormone that is needed for the growth of both bones and cartilages.
1. Genetic Factors
According to a study , the height is determined by thousands of genes. In case both of your parents are short, and it does not mean that you will surely be short. Nonetheless, if most of your family members from both sides are short, the next generations will be more likely to be short of short stature. Genetic factors are what you cannot control. It is found that 60-80% of the difference in body’s height is directly associated with genetic factors.
2. Non-Genetic Factors
There are a few non-genetic factors that can affect your height. Some certain non-genetic factors that can influence your height are:
- Lack of physical activity
- Incorrect posture
- Inadequate nutrition
- Postnatal or prenatal care
- Mental conditions during childhood
- Diseases during childhood
Actually, non-genetic factors could be controlled by following healthy lifestyles from childhood.
II. Simple Tips To Increase Height Naturally – Top 19 Tips
About more than 20% of our height depends on our exercises, environment, and diet. And, you can increase your height naturally by following some simple tips:
1. Have Proper Sleep
This is the first one of the easy to follow tips to increase height naturally that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to try to have proper sleep for good.
We all know that our body regenerates new tissues when we are sleeping, so proper sleep is important for a growing body. Scientists found that the human growth hormone is naturally produced in our bodies during deep sleep. Therefore, growing children and teenagers should spend at least 8- 11 hours on sleeping every night to reach their optimal height.
It is very important to make sure that your sleeping environment is proper. It should not have strong lights or disturbing noises. And here are some simple tips for a good sleep:
- Take a lukewarm water shower or bath before going to sleep. This can help improve the quality of sleep. According to experts, this can induce sleep and lethargy.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea before you go to bed in order to induce sleep.
- While sleeping, keep the legs as far as possible in front of you. Meanwhile, place the arms by your side.
- Do not use a pillow because it can spoil your posture. At first, it may be difficult, but try and then you will get used to it.
- Use a comfortable mattress.
- Wear clean and soft clothes while sleeping.
- Practice deep breathing before you go to sleep.
Learn also: 30 Natural Home Remedies for Insomnia in Adults
2. Maintain Correct Posture
Another one of the easy to try tips to increase height that you should know is that you should maintain correct posture. Right from childhood, maintaining correct posture is very important. A simple way to improve the posture is to follow the practices:
- Sit straight on a chair. Keep your chin high and your shoulders straight.
- Keep the hips over the feet while standing or walking. Also, do not hunch while walking.
Keep in mind that a straight spine can help you increase your height naturally. Align your head and neck without slouching or bending. Also, having a good pillow and mattress is important for keeping the spine straight. A good posture can make you look taller and more confident.
3. Practice Yoga
When it comes to natural tips to increase height at home, you should try practicing yoga. We all know that yoga can improve the overall body’s fitness and give you a boost your growth rate. There are some certain yoga poses, which can boost up the production of growth-inducing hormones. Also, the balancing and stretching exercises involved in yoga can strengthen the muscles and improve the body’s posture. Apart from boosting the production of the growth hormone, the different yoga positions also make the body supple.
Try some following yoga poses:
a. Mountain Pose (Tadasana):
- Stand straight and keep your feet slightly apart and shoulders relaxed,
- Raise the hands slowly above the head and lock your fingers together.
- Then, raise the ankles slowly and turn the palms up towards the sky. You should feel the stretch.
- Hold this position for about 3 seconds before slowly lowering your ankles.
- Repeat this yoga pose 10 times.
b. Cobra Pose (Bhujangaasana):
- Lie down on your belly, palms on the side of the chest, toes pointed out, and forehead touching the floor.
- Use your palms to support your body. Slowly raise the head up towards the ceiling and then raise the upper torso up.
- Feel the stretch in your hamstrings, core, biceps, calves, shoulders, neck and wrist flexors and extensors.
- Slowly lower your body and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this about 10 times
c. Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana):
- Lie on your back with shoulders relaxed and feet together.
- Squeeze your quads, glutes and hamstrings and then raise the legs up.
- Then, hold your waist with the help of your palms and then raise your pelvis.
- You should create a straight line and look up to the toes.
- Keep this pose for about 5 seconds.
- Slowly lower your body and then return to the starting position.
- Do this yoga pose 5-7 times.
d. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose):
- Stand straight and keep your feet wide apart.
- Then, turn to your right with your left foot pointing straight and your right foot pointing to the right.
- Bend the body to your right side and use your right hand to touch your right foot. Keep your left arm above your head and both of your arms are in a straight line.
- Look up towards the left arm and you should feel the stretch in the back, thighs, obliques and neck
- Keep this pose for about 20 seconds and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat this on your left side as well.
- Repeat this pose 5 times. Breathe in and out when holding this pose for 20 seconds.
4. Stretching Exercises
Stretching yourself daily after taking a bath may be a great way to increase your height. Also, after going for a walk for 5 minutes, shake each leg and arm to release tension. Remember that the entire body’s side should be stretched. This should be repeated 3- 5 times for the optimal results.
Some stretching exercises you can try at home are super stretch, car stretch, cobra stretch, bow down, and basic leg stretches. If you stretch yourself regularly, you can actually add 1-2 inches to your height and simultaneously improve your posture.
Actually, stretching exercises are one of the simple tips to increase height at home with ease. So, if you want to add a few inches to your height, consider doing these exercises as soon as possible.
Cycling offers many benefits including burning calories, improving metabolism, enhancing the gluteal muscles and increasing your mood. Apart from these benefits, cycling can also stimulate vertical growth. To reap the optimal benefits from this exercise, sit with your back straight and raise your seat to a position that makes both of your legs fully extended.
In fact, this is one of the easy tips to increase height naturally that you should not look down, yet try to cycle as much as possible for the optimal result.
Swimming is one of the simple tips to increase height at home that we want to mention in this entire article and want you and our other readers to apply for good. It is a light exercise that can make your body relaxed and reduce stress that can inhibit your growth. If possible, swim at least 2 hours per day and 3 times per week for the optimal growth.
7. Hanging Exercises
Hanging exercises are another one of the simple tips to increase height naturally that you should not skip out. At first, you need to find a safe object that you can hang in. If there is nothing available, try installing a bar in a doorway. When starting, it may be hard to perform, but over time you can be used with it. To get the best results, spend about 30 minutes per day on hanging. To start, perform it for about 10 seconds, take a short rest and then do more 10 seconds.
8. Avoid Growth Stunting Factors
When it comes to tips to increase height without surgery, keep in mind several things:
- Taking drugs and alcohol can be very harmful for your growth. According to a research about effects of drugs and alcohol on human health , consuming them can result in stunted growth and malnutrition, thus inhibiting you from reaching your optimal height.
- Smoking is also harmful for people who want to look taller. Smoking increases the amount of carbon monoxide in the bloodstream, and then it will inhibit the flow of nutrients and blood to the growing body’s areas. Also, smoking also lowers the production of testosterone, which is a hormone related to bone and muscle growth.
- Restrict the intake of caffeine because it can affect your ability to fall asleep. When children and adolescents need 8 – 11 hours of night sleep, caffeine can restrict the sleep, thus leading to short stature.
- Steroids have also been shown to inhibit the growth in children, negatively affecting their height. Studies have shown that children and teenagers with asthma who use inhalers are more likely to grow up to about ½ inch shorter than other ones. These inhalers can dispense small content of the steroid- budesonide.
9. Eat At The Right Hours
When you are looking for simple tips to increase height naturally, you should try to eat at the right time. Many people follow no schedule for their daily meals. For example, they eat foods whenever they can. However, those who want to look taller must follow a regular schedule.
Do you know other tips to increase height that can help others grow taller naturally? Keep reading this entire article and then try to apply one or more of these tips as soon as possible.
Learn also: A List of 38 Best Foods High in Fiber
10. Build Your Confidence
When you are looking for simple tips to increase height naturally, it is very important for you to build your confidence. It is useless if a person is tall but he lacks confidence. Therefore, it is extremely important for you to build your confidence from childhood and keep cultivating it when you are older. You can join in school activities or spend time on pursuing your hobbies. Actually, all of these activities can increase your mood and provide you with a sense of well-being, thus increasing your confidence levels. If you are confident, even a shorter stature will not be a hindrance for you as well.
11. Regular Exercises And Sports
One of the simple tips to increase height naturally is regular exercises and sports. Keep in mind that when you are physically active, it is sure that your body takes in more healthy nutrients and as a result, this will result in growth.
Taking part in sports like aerobics, football, tennis, basketball, etc. is a good way to stimulate your body to grow. According to a study, physical activities and bone development have a direct relation. Therefore, regular exercises and sports should be added to your daily activities.
12. Have A Balanced Diet
According to a study about height-increase foods , healthy diet not only improves your skin and hair, but it also increases the height in the long run. Ensure that you take in enough proteins, calcium and essential vitamins on a regular basis. Having a balanced diet will stimulate the growth of your bones while consuming wrong foods can result in stunted growth as well as other health problems. Stay away from junk foods and avoid carbonated drinks, saturated fats, and excessive sugar-packed foods because these foods can have negative effects on your growth pattern.
There are many nutrients that can be helpful for your growth:
- Vitamin D and proteins boost the production of the growth hormones and they are required for the growth of bones and teeth. Some foods that are rich in vitamin D and proteins are tofu, cheese, legumes, egg white, and lean meat.
- Calcium found in green veggies and dairy products is also required for the growth of your bones.
- Zinc is also very important for your growth, and the deficiency of zinc can cause stunted growth in children. Some foods that are rich in zinc are asparagus, eggs, oysters, chocolate, and peanuts.
- Other nutrients such as carbohydrates, magnesium, and phosphorus should be included in your diet because they also contribute to the growth of your body.
- Some of the best foods that you should try to include in your daily diet are carrots, liver, beef, green leafy vegetables, egg yolk, potatoes, fish, nuts, peas, beans, chicken, bananas, apples
13. Develop A Strong Immune System
Other easy tips to increase height naturally that you should know must include developing a strong immune system. Some certain illnesses during childhood can cause stunted growth as well. They can be avoided by consuming a plenty of vitamin C, which is found in grapefruits, oranges, and lemons. Actually, there are a few ways that can help you strengthen your immunity. You can consume whole and fresh foods and avoid hydrogenated and processed foods.
Moreover, a healthy diet will also help you develop a strong immune system. Include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and foods that are high in omega-3s and antioxidants in your diet to keep an immune system healthy.
14. Ask For Medical Aids
Another one of the simple tips to increase height at home is that you should ask for medical aids. If you reach your mid-teens and all of your family members are tall, yet you are still short, then you need to visit a doctor for medical aids. Some certain health conditions can be detected early. Therefore, if you are doing what you need, but you cannot see any considerable growth, ask for medical aids.
15. Drink Plenty of Water
Try to drink plenty of water throughout your day. This is because water can flush out harmful toxins and wastes from your body and simultaneously improve your digestive health. Addition to this, it can help in improving your metabolism rate, which may have direct effects on your height. So, try to drink at least 2 liters of water every day. Besides drinking water, you should also consume water-based fruits and vegetables for good.
In fact, drinking plenty of water is one of the simple tips to increase height naturally that you should not look down, yet try to drink 6- 8 glasses of water on a daily basis if you want to boost your bone development.
16. Exposure To Sunlight
We all know that sunlight is one of the great sources of vitamin D, which contributes to the height due to its effect on the growth of bone. The exposure to sunlight helps the body get the vitamin D your body needs. Taking sunbath, especially early in the morning can be very helpful because during this time, the UV radiation is at its lowest. Moreover, you should also add natural food sources of vitamin D to your diets such as cheese, milk, eggs, and fish.
There are some other easy tips to increase height naturally in this entire article. So, if you want to know more about tips that can help you add a few inches to your height, keep reading this entire article!
17. Drink Milk
Do you know that drinking milk is one of the simple tips to increase height at home? According to a study about calcium and bone health , milk is high in calcium, which is an essential mineral for bone growth. Apart from calcium, milk also contains vitamin A, protein, and other essential nutrients that can help with the overall development of the body.
If you want to increase your height naturally, remember to drink at least 2 glasses of milk on a daily basis. Moreover, remember to consume more dairy foods like cottage cheese, cream, and yogurt.
18. Take Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha or withania somnifera  is known as a traditional medicine for increasing height, making it one of the simple tips to increase height naturally. It contains many minerals that can improve the bone skeleton and its density and then, this helps increase your height naturally. This herb can be easily found in herbal stores.
- Add 2 tbsp. of ashwagandha powder to a glass of lukewarm cow’s milk.
- Add some sugar and then mix well
- Drink this solution every night before you go to sleep
- Repeat this at least 45 days
- Note: When you are following this remedy, avoid fast food completely.
19. High Heels
This is the last one of the simple tips that can help you improve height naturally that you can apply with ease at home. This is also the most common technique in the world that can help women look taller. Wearing high heels can help you increase the height up to 5 inches. However, keep in mind that this is a temporary solution. If you do not want to do the above exercises, this may be your only option.
These are some of the simple tips to increase height without surgery. If you follow all the guidelines and pay attention to your diet and exercise routine, it is sure that you will see positive results soon.
This list today includes some of the tips to increase height at home that can help you look taller naturally and effectively. After discovering these effective tips, we hope that you and my readers of AllRemedies.com can apply one or more of these ways as soon as possible. If you think that this list can help other people around you who want to increase their height, share this list with them and then stimulate them to apply these tips on a regular basis. One more thing, if you know other tips that can help you increase the height naturally apart from those as we mentioned above, feel free to share them with others by leaving your comments below.