Dark skin may be caused by environmental pollution, overexposure to the sun, a medical condition, stress, dry skin, etc. A lot of people work hard in order to achieve flawless and fair skin. Nowadays, the market has many skin-lightening lotions and creams. However, such products contain harmful chemicals and expensive, too. You can save some money and time by using natural remedies. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you 33 easy ways on how to get lighter skin fast and naturally. This writing listed the best ways to get lighter skin from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 34 easy ways on how to get lighter skin in more detail!
33 Easy Ways On How To Get Lighter Skin Fast And Naturally
Seeking how to get lighter skin with natural ingredients, honey would rank among the best remedy for skin care.
Honey acts as a moisturizing agent to help bleach skin. In addition, honey also contains antibacterial properties that can help fade acne scars and age spots as well. For the optimal results, what you need to do:
- First step is to apply pure honey to the face.
- Allow it on for several minutes and next rinse your face off with lukewarm water.
- This simple ways will help get rid of dead skin cells, making the skin appear fresher and brighter than ever before. You had better do this process once every day.
- Another option is to make a skin-lightening mask by combining 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey, powdered milk (one tablespoon), and almond oil (one-half teaspoon).
- Mix them well and then apply it gently on your skin.
- Allow it on for about 10 to15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. You had better follow this every other day.
2. How To Get Lighter Skin – Lemons
The acidic property present in lemons acts as a natural bleaching agent for your skin and the powerful amount of vitamin C in them also encourages new cell growth. Plus, lemons contain antioxidants that are very effective and good for skin complexion. How to get lighter skin with lemon?
- Take freshly squeezed lemon juice and next immerse a cotton ball in it.
- Then apply it directly on the face.
- Alternatively, you can even apply one cut lemon directly over your affected skin and then keep this juice to stick to your skin. Allow it on for at least 1 hour and then rinse your face with water. You should do this once every day. This simple way will surely lighten the skin complexion. Furthermore, it may also prevent the development of scars on the face.
- Another tip is to mix lemon juice (three teaspoons) and turmeric powder or tomato juice (one teaspoon) to form a paste. Then apply this paste on your skin and allow it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with water. It is recommended to do this once every day.
- Alternatively, you can mix together 1 teaspoon each of powdered milk, honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the skin and wait it on for at least 20 minutes before washing it off. You can do this every day or every other day.
Note: Make sure that there are no open wounds on the while using above methods. The acidic nature in lemon juice may cause pain in the open wounds.
As you know, yogurt contains many nutrients that are great for your skin. Also, it also contains lactic acid that contains bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types. How to get lighter skin fast with yogurt?
- Gently apply plain yogurt onto the skin. Allow it on for some minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. You should follow this once every day for a couple of weeks to see a significant improvement in your complexion.
- Alternatively, you can mix fresh yogurt (one tablespoon) with honey (one-half tablespoon). Apply this mixture on your neck and face. Allow it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water. You had better do this every day to improve your skin complexion and tone.
- The other method is to add some oatmeal and a little lemon juice to yogurt to form a thick paste, and then apply this paste as a face mask. This method will also help maintain your skin moisturized and supple.
The major ingredient in orange is vitamin C that is very good for skin care. In addition, oranges also contain bleaching properties that can help lighten your skin tone. Regular drinking of fresh orange juice may greatly improve the overall texture of the skin and its suppleness as well. To get lighter your skin, oranges can be applied in two different ways.
- Create a paste by combining orange juice (two tablespoons) and powdered turmeric (a pinch). Then apply this paste on your neck and face before bedtime. You can also rub it on the hands and legs. Rinse it off the next morning. It is recommended to do this every day.
- Alternatively, grind dried peels of orange into powder. Mix the powdered peels (one tablespoon) with plain yogurt (one tablespoon) to make a paste. Then apply the paste on the skin and keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. This process will help lighten spots as well as other marks on the face. You should do this about once or twice one week.
5. How To Get Lighter Skin – Gram Flour
Looking for how to get lighter skin with natural ingredient, you cannot pass gram flour. Especially, it has various nutrients that can help maintain your skin very healthy. To use gram flour for lightening your skin, here are detailed instructions:
- Mix a little gram flour with water or rose water (a small amount) to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the face, hands, and legs.
- Leave it on till the paste dries. Finally, rinse it off with water.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can help remove hyperpigmentation and also restore the skin’s original color. The hyperpigmentation is one of the major causes of uneven skin tone. Moreover, the cooling effect in aloe vera helps rebuild damaged tissue and regenerate new cells, which is essential for healthy skin. To apply aloe vera gel for lightening dark spots as well as improving your overall skin complexion, here are detailed directions:
- First step is to cut the outer layers of a leaf of aloe vera. Then squeeze out the thick, jelly-as substance.
- Apply the gel over on your skin.
- Allow it on for about half an hour, and then rinse it off with water.
- You should do this at least two times every day for two weeks.
Note: You can buy aloe vera gel in the market if you do not have an aloe vera plant.
Papaya is considered as one of the best fruit for various beauty treatments. Also, it can be used to brighten your skin complexion as papaya contains natural bleaching properties and many nutrients that are important for your health skin. How to get lighter skin with papaya?
- Simply, eat papaya as one fruit.
- Alternatively, you can apply the inner part of a papaya skin on your face. Leave it to dry. Next, rinse your face with cold water and then pat it dry. This tip will give the skin a nice glow. You should do this every day.
- Another option is to mash one ripe papaya and then mix it with freshly squeezed lemon juice (one cup). Massage this mixture all over the face and neck. Allow it on for at least half an hour before rinsing it off with cold water. You had better follow this at least once per week in order to notice a significant change in the skin tone.
8. How To Get Lighter Skin – Turmeric
Seeking on how to get lighter skin with natural ingredient, turmeric is also a wonderful choice. Especially, turmeric contains antioxidant and antiseptic properties that are great for the skin’s overall health. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Mix turmeric powder with milk cream to form a thick paste. Then apply this paste on your skin. Leave it to dry and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. It is suggested to do this remedy regularly as this treatment is really effective for your skin whitening.
- Alternatively, you can mix gram flour (two teaspoons), turmeric powder (one-half teaspoon) and lemon juice (one teaspoon). Apply this mask and then allow it on for about 20 to 25 minutes or till it is dry. Finally, scrub off this dried mask and wash the skin with lukewarm water.
Using cucumber is also considered as one of the easiest ways for skin care. Cucumber contains a cooling effect on the skin. Especially, cucumber is suitable for all types of skin. How to get lighter skin with cucumber?
- Directly place cucumber slices on your dark skin areas. Allow them on for several minutes, next remove them and finally rinse your skin off with lukewarm water. You should do this way two times every day.
- Alternatively, you can make a spot-reducing mask by grating a cucumber and then mix it with a little honey. Apply this mask on the face and neck. Allow it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It is recommended to follow this tip two times every day for effective results.
- You can also mix 1 teaspoon each of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply it on the face and then leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes or till it dries. Rinse it off with water. You should do this once every day.
Oatmeal helps exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and supple. To apply oatmeal for lightening your skin, here are step by step directions:
- Mix tomato juice with oatmeal and then apply this mixture on your face. Allow it on for about 20 minutes and lastly, rinse it off with cold water. While washing, apply it gently so that this oatmeal can fight off the dead skin cells. You should do this daily.
- Alternatively, you can mix oatmeal powder (one teaspoon), turmeric (a pinch) and lemon juice (a few drop) to create a thick paste. Then apply this paste on the face and let it dry. Rinse the dry mask off with water. You had better do this once every day.