11. Home Remedies For Morning Sickness – Salted Lemon Soda
Although some people doubt that, evidence has proved that salted lemon soda works. Salted lemon soda is one of effective home remedies for morning sickness I would like to introduce to you in this article. Salted lemon soda can relieve the feeling of nausea or vomiting caused by pregnancy. Pregnant women can utilize this treatment without suffering from serious unwanted side effects.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon to get its juice
- Add some salt into this lemon juice and stir it well
- Add the mixture into a glass of soda
- Sip it slowly
Whenever you feel nausea, you can drink this solution to get a quick immediate relief.
12. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil has been used to treat many health problems because of its healing properties. Eucalyptus oil can be taken orally to cure inflammation in respiratory tract symptom, asthma, baby cough, sinus pressure, bronchitis, and respiratory infections. Eucalyptus oil can work as an insect repellent, antiseptic or an excellent treatment for burns, wounds, and ulcers.
Moreover, eucalyptus oil is used in cosmetics or perfumes for fragrance. It has a pleasing aroma that can calm your mind and ease the feeling of morning sickness. The aroma of eucalyptus oil also makes you feel fresh. The list of effective home remedies for morning sickness includes eucalyptus oil.
Here is the instruction on how to relieve morning sickness with eucalyptus oil.
- Put a couple of eucalyptus oil drops into the handkerchief
- Smell it whenever you feel nausea and vomiting
Eucalyptus oil is safe when it is used as one of natural home remedies for morning sickness. Therefore, you should repeat this treatment as much as you can.
Read more: Natural home remedies for asthma attack
13. Home Remedies For Morning Sickness Using Cumin
Cumin is beneficial in curing many problems such as diarrhea, dyspepsia, diabetes, stomach gas, insomnia, high blood pressure, renal colic, and anemia, etc. Drinking cumin tea can help to alleviate digestive disorders and soothe intestines. Moreover, cumin is highly considered as one of home remedies for morning sickness.
You will need:
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin seed powder
- A glass of warm water
- Dissolve cumin seed powder in a glass of warm water
- Sip it daily to reduce morning sickness
You will need:
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Boil the water in a pan
- Turn off the heat when it boils
- Add 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds and a pinch of nutmeg in the boiling water
- Let it steep for at least 5 minutes
- Strain it and sip it slowly for an instant relief
As one of effective home remedies for morning sickness, you can combine cumin seed powder with honey and cardamom powder.
You will need:
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin seed powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of cardamom seed powder
- One teaspoon of honey
- Combine cumin seed powder, honey, and cardamom seed powder together
- Stir all these ingredients well
- Consume it to ease morning sickness
Whenever you feel nausea, you can use the treatments with cumin. Repeat it daily to get a satisfactory result.
Cloves are mentioned as one of effective home remedies for morning sickness. These dark brown spice sticks can aid in digestion and prevent nausea and vomiting because it is loaded with antiseptic and aesthetic properties.
To use cloves as one of home remedies for morning sickness, you can chew some cloves directly after each meal or prepare the clove tea.
Here is the instruction on how to prepare this tea
- Add 4 cloves in a mug filled with the boiling water
- Let it steep for 5 minutes and then sip it slowly
To prevent the unpleasant symptoms of morning sickness, you should drink several cups of clove tea daily.
Alternatively, you can mix roasted clove powder with some honey to create a mixture. Consuming this mixture can help to boost the digestion and keep nausea and vomiting at bay.
15. Home Remedies For Morning Sickness – Mint And Lemon
Mint contains soothing properties that benefit the upset stomach. Mint has been used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, mint is beneficial in curing muscle spasm, bloating, and abdominal gas. The use of mint can help to facilitate the process of digesting fats and foods in your body by increasing bile flow.
When it is combined with lemon juice, it can give you the optimum benefits. Vitamin C found in lemon juice contains revitalizing properties and it is considered as the immunity-booster.
Here is the instruction on how to use the combination of mint and lemon as one of home remedies for morning sickness.
- Put 1 tablespoon of dried mint leaves into 200 ml of boiling water
- Let the mint leaves steep in the boiling water for 20 to 30 minutes
- Strain and sip this tea slowly
You should drink two or three cups of this tea daily during the pregnancy to keep nausea or vomiting at bay.
Moreover, the fresh mint flavor is also mentioned as one of effective home remedies for morning sickness. Whenever you feel nausea or vomiting, you just need to chew some mint leaves directly to get an instant relief.
16. Make Your Smart Choice For Midnight Snack
Pregnant women often crave midnight snack. To prevent nausea and vomiting, it is important for you to make your smart choice for a midnight snack. Do not consume fried or processed foods because it not only leads to morning sickness but also affects your sleep quality. It is recommended consuming dairy products such as low-fat yogurt or a cup of warm milk when you awake at night and crave something. Dairy products  are one of home remedies for a midnight snack because it has natural antacids that are beneficial in neutralizing stomach acids. Moreover, a glass of warm milk can make you fall in sleep again easily and deeply. Moreover, you can opt for a small portion of fruits, a bite of protein bar or a handful of nuts to prevent morning sickness.
17. Cardamom And Fennel Seeds
It is not surprising when the combination of cardamom and fennel seeds is used as one of amazing home remedies for morning sickness. Brewed fennel seeds are effective in aiding in digestion, relieving aches, and improving stomach cramping. Cardamom also helps to prevent indigestion and flatulence. Cardamom and fennel seeds are often used to make a tea prevent nausea or vomiting.
To make the tea from cardamom and fennel seeds, you need to prepare:
- 1/2 tablespoon of cardamom powder (or you can opt for 2 or 3 crushed cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons of Dajeeling tea
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cup of water
- Boiling 2 cups of water in a sauce pan
- Add cardamom and fennel seeds into the boiling water
- Let it simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until tea turns dark black and the water reduces to 1 and 1/2 cup from original 2 cups
- Add 1/2 cup of milk into this tea and let it simmer for 1 more minute
- Turn off the heat
- Strain the tea and sip it
It is a great idea to serve this tea with the breakfast bread.
18. Ginger, Bay Leaf, And Orange Peel
Next, I would like to introduce ginger, bay leaf, and orange peel remedy as an amazing solution in a list of home remedies for morning sickness. Ginger is a well-known remedy for motion sickness and nausea. This is the reason why people often bring ginger ale with them when they travel. Ginger regulates circulation, aids digestion and relieves stomach discomfort. Ginger is thought to relieve vomiting and nausea in pregnant women.
Bay leaf that is often added to different soups is beneficial in relieving gas and stomach cramping. It can give you the discomfort and significant relief.
This remedy for morning sickness should not exclude orange peels. With orange peels, it becomes one of the best home remedies for morning sickness. Orange peels are rich in dietary fiber that can prevent constipation, bloating and irritable bowel syndrome.
You will need:
- 2 cups of water
- Peels from half of an orange
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 –inch piece of ginger root
- Raw honey
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan
- Add orange peel, ginger root and bay leaves in the boiling water
- Let this tea simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down
- Add some raw honey to make it sweet
- Sip it slowly
You should drink several cups of this tea daily to keep symptoms of morning sickness at bay.
19. Home Remedies For Morning Sickness Using Licorice
Although not many people like licorice, it is still one of the best home remedies for morning sickness. You can use licorice drops, licorice tea or candied licorice to get a significant relief for your upset stomach and nausea. Licorice can be used to treat not only nausea and vomiting but also acid reflux and heartburn. Moreover, licorice is believed to cure congestion, coughs, and asthma.
Some active ingredients in licorice are both positive and life-threatening. Therefore, before you use licorice as one of home remedies for morning sickness or other health problems, you should discuss its benefits and side effects with your doctor.
To make licorice tea, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of licorice root
- Boil water
- Put one tablespoon of licorice root in a mug
- Pour sufficient amount of boiling water over the licorice root in a mug
- Cover it well and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Strain the tea and sip it slowly
This is one of the best home remedies for morning sickness. A slice of raw mango with a little salt can give you a significant relief for upset stomach and ease the feeling of nausea. It tastes delicious. Pack some raw mango slices with you to eat them whenever you feel discomfort. Some pregnant women eating candied raw mango pieces. However, it is still important for you to discuss it with your doctor before using mango as one of home remedies for morning sickness.