As you know, acne is one common problem of skin that affects all ages. Sleep deprivation, unhealthy eating habits, too much stress and hectic lifestyles may also cause acne. Generally, acne can appear on your face, chest, scalp and back. There are many easy and simple natural treatments with common ingredients found in the refrigerator and pantry to minimize or prevent the problem. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce to you best 29 solutions & natural acne treatment. All of the treatments in this article are collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin type; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more best natural acne treatment.
Best Natural Acne Treatment: 29 Solutions
1. Baking Soda
Surprisingly, baking soda acts as a gentle exfoliant for the skin. Therefore, it unplugs the pores as well as removes dead skin. In addition, it helps regulate the skin’s pH balance and contains mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. All of these characteristics will make it an excellent natural acne treatment. Here are detailed directions to apply baking soda for treating acne:
- You can mix together baking soda (two tablespoons), one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, the juice from half a lemon, and honey (five tablespoons). Apply it on the face and finally, wash after five minutes. You should use baking soda on the skin once or twice per week.
- Take baking soda (1 – 2 tablespoons) and make it like one thin paste by adding enough water to it.
- Next mix it well and apply this paste as a mask on your affected area.
- Keep it to stay on for around 15 – 20 minutes and lastly rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Finish by applying any skin toner or moisturizer and follow up the similar process regularly for about 1- 2 times per week.
- Take one small amount of sea salt and baking soda
- Mix it with water in order to create it like a paste.
- Then apply this paste on your affected areas.
- Allow it to sit for few minutes and after that, wash it off with water.
- It is suggested to repeat the process for about once or twice per day to treat acne
Toothpaste contains fluoride and alcohol which dries up your affected acne pores as well as kills the bacteria in it. Thus, using toothpaste is a great and easy natural acne treatment. For the best results, you can use it as follow:
- Take a small amount of white toothpaste
- Then apply this on your affected area and allow it for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- This paste will penetrate into your skin and clear away the bacteria and dry out the lumps.
- Lastly, rinse it off with water to cure the problem. Within about a day or two, you will see a significant improvement.
Using oatmeal is also a best natural acne treatment. Oatmeal is very beneficial in decreasing acne because it absorbs excess oil and cleanses your skin pores as well. Plus, it exfoliates the skin. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Mix honey (one teaspoon) and the juice of 1/2 a lemon in cooked oatmeal (a cup). Apply this mixture over the skin. Allow it on for half an hour and then wash with lukewarm water. You had better do this way once or twice per week.
- Alternatively, mix rolled or quick oats (3 tablespoons) and then press with coconut oil (1 tablespoon) and water (2 teaspoons). Mix into a paste and later apply to your whole face or just the affected areas, covering well. Allow it to sit for an hour and then remove. You should do this a couple of days and you will see a reduced redness, scarring, and breakouts overall.
4. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is also considered as an excellent natural acne treatment. Fuller’s earth is very good for acne-prone and greasy skin because it absorbs excess oil as well as unclogs the pores. Moreover, it helps to improve your complexion. Here are step by step directions to use it:
- Mix Fuller’s earth, rose water and sandalwood powder in equal proportions.
- Then apply the mud pack to the face.
- Rinse after it dries up.
- You should repeat this process once per week.
5. Lemon Juice
A great natural acne treatment is using lemon juice. Lemon contains natural antibacterial and astringent properties. It works as an exfoliant that helps get rid of dead skin cells faster as well as prevent clogged pores in order to give relief from the acne problem. For the satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Wash your face using lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Take a fresh lemon and then cut into half
- After that, squeeze the half lemon in order to extract its juice into one bowl
- Then dip a cotton ball in the juice
- Directly apply it on the acne affected area of your skin.
- Allow the juice to stay for about 10 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Rinse the applied area using cool water and then pat dry with towel
- You should continue applying the lemon juice on your affected part for two times per day to eliminate the acne.
- Wash your skin using water and mild soap and pat dry with the help of clean towel.
- Take lemon juice and rosewater in equal parts in a bowl.
- Take one cotton ball and then dip it in this liquid and apply it on your acne affected area
- Let it be on the skin around 15 – 30 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- Afterwards, dry your skin using towel and follow the same process for two times a day to clear the skin from acne.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Another natural treatment for acne is using tea tree oil. Tea tree oil works like an antiseptic and disinfects your pores. Plus, it helps kill the bacteria causing acne. Furthermore, it penetrates into your skin in order to unblock the sebaceous glands, dry out the blemishes and disinfect pores. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- Take one cotton swab and next pour few drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Gently dab the oil onto your affected area.
- Allow it be on for several hours or overnight.
- In the next morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Take tea tree oil (a tablespoon) and add water (9 tablespoons).
- Stir it well to create a fine solution.
- Apply this over your affected area and allow it for few minutes
- Wash it with normal water to decrease the cystic acne blemishes.
- Simply, you can also add tea tree oil (few drops) in moisturizer, aloe vera gel, facial mask, tea tree oil having products, etc, and then apply it on the affected skin in order to get relief from this problem.
7. Orange Peel
The high vitamin C and acidic property of an orange make it a great natural acne treatment. You can use the orange juice and its peel, but the peel may be more effective. Here are detailed instructions to use orange peel for treating acne:
- Expose orange peel under sunlight and allow it to completely dry out.
- Then grind this dried peel into one powder and after that, add water to create a paste.
- Now, apply the paste to your affected area and allow it on for around 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, wash your face using warm water.
8. Aloe Vera Gel
The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties present in aloe vera make it as a perfect natural acne treatment. Also, aloe vera gel is helpful in healing the scars that cause acne. For treating acne, what you need to do:
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it in order to extract its gel.
- Rub gently this aloe vera gel on the affected area and allow it for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- You should continue doing this process once in 2 days to clear the acne.
Due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, fenugreek is also a best natural acne treatment. To apply it in right way for treating acne, here are easy ways you can follow at home:
- Mix fresh leaves of fenugreek with water to create a smooth paste. Then apply this herbal paste on your affected area and allow it on for around 10 to 15 minutes. Lastly, wash your face off with warm water. It is recommended to repeat the process for about three to four days in order to allow the problem of acne to heal.
- Alternatively, you can grind fenugreek seeds (one teaspoon) into one fine powder and add some warm water to it in order to make a paste. Afterwards, apply this paste on your affected area. Allow it on for around 20 minutes or entire night and then wash it off. You should do this process two or three times per week.
10. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is another great natural acne treatment. It contains antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help in killing the bacteria causing acne. In addition, it soothes the inflammation and redness of skin breakouts. Here are detailed directions:
- Make a paste of tender leaves of Indian lilac by adding some water. Then add some turmeric powder to this paste and after that, apply it on your affected area. Allow it on for about 20 minutes and finally, wash it off. You had better do this at least two times a week.
- Alternatively, you can apply neem oil several times a day till you see improvement.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains very strong astringent properties. To use it for treating acne, you can use it as follow.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in some water in a concentration of vinegar (1 part) to water (3 parts).
- Do not use directly undiluted apple cider vinegar on your skin.
- Cleanse your face with water, and after that, wipe the face with a clean cotton piece dabbed in this vinegar mixture. You can dilute further if you find the skin feeling irritated or drying out.
Steam may be an easy and popular natural acne treatment. It can help decrease acne as well as its glaring appearance, by flushing out the impurities lurking deep within the skin and opening up your pores. Here are easy steps that you can follow at home:
- Boiling water (1 pot)
- A large bowl
- 1 towel
Boil 1 pot of water, and then pour into one large bowl, and allow it cool for several minutes. After that, place the face above that bowl, and drape the towel over the head to trap the steam. Remove the towel after around 10-15 minutes, and pat the face dry. You had better do this once per day or as needed.
13. Cinnamon And Honey Mask
The combination of cinnamon and honey is also a perfect natural acne treatment. Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties, so it may help kill bacteria from getting out of your hand. The honey is one natural anti-biotic, waiting and ready to wipe out the little buggers. Here are detailed directions:
– Honey (2 tablespoons)
– Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
– Paper towels
First of all, rinse the face with water and then pat dry. Mix honey (2 tablespoons) and cinnamon (1 teaspoon) together till they are thoroughly blended to have formed one sort of paste. Afterwards, apply this mask to the affected area and leave on for around 10-15 minutes. Wash off completely, and pat the face dry.
14. Milk And Honey
Another natural acne treatment is using milk and honey. To use them for dealing with acne, here are detailed instructions:
- 1 tablespoon of full-fat yogurt or plain low-fat or milk.
- 1 tablespoon of raw, natural honey
Firstly, let milk or yogurt come to room temperature. Next mix milk or yogurt (1 tablespoon) thoroughly with honey (1 tablespoon). Leave each layer dry before including a new one, till this mask is the thickness you want. Allow it to sit for around 10-15 minutes. Rinse your mask off and take a washcloth to scrub gently in a circular motion, removing loosened dead skin. Once you are finished, moisturize as normal.
15. Egg White
The other natural acne treatment is using egg white. Egg white has riboflavin and proteins which help in clearing the acne problem and makes your skin soft and smooth. It is also helpful for overall health of the skin. For the desirable results, what you need to do:
- Take about 2 – 3 eggs and then separate the white from its yellow
- Afterward, apply this on your affected skin pores and allow it for around 5 – 8 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and follow it regularly to decrease the acne cysts.
Papaya has an enzyme called papain that reduces inflammation as well as helps blocks the pus from forming. Here are step by step directions to use papaya for treating acne:
- Rinse your face using water and pat dry.
- Then mash up the papaya flesh well, till it forms a consistency that can be applied easily to your skin.
- Allow it on for around 15-20 minutes, and then wash off completely using warm water.
- If the skin has a tendency in order to get dry after cleansing it, you should use a moisturizer appropriate for the skin type afterwards.
17. Mix Honey And Strawberries
This combination is also an excellent natural acne treatment. For the better results, what you need to do:
- 3 fresh strawberries (washed well)
- Raw honey (2 teaspoons)
- Wash your face using water and pat dry.
- Rinse about 3 strawberries and then mash them up well.
- Later add the strawberries to honey (two teaspoons), and blend thoroughly them together.
- Apply to the face and allow the mixture to stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash off completely using warm water, pat dry, and then moisturize if the skin has one tendency to dry out. You had better use this remedy two times a week for a month minimum.
18. Banana Peel
Banana peels has something called lutein, a powerful antioxidant that decreases inflammation and swelling and encourages the healthy cell growth. Here are detailed guides that you can follow at home:
- Peel your banana.
- Next, take the peel, and then rub in one circular motion all over the face.
- Allow it to sit for at least half an hour before rinsing it off.
Garlic is also considered as a good natural acne treatment due to its supposed antibacterial properties. For the satisfied results, what you need to do:
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- water or aloe vera gel
Extract the garlic juice and mix it with water (1 teaspoon), or mash up about 2-3 cloves and allow it to sit in water for around 10 minutes. Using a cotton pad, and then soak up garlic water or the juice and cover problem spots.
20. Avocado And Honey Mask
Another natural acne treatment is the combination of avocado and honey. Here are detailed guides to apply this mask for treating acne:
- 1 avocado
- honey (1 tablespoon)
- Rinse the face with water and then pat it dry.
- Scrap out the avocado inside and mash it up, next stir in the honey. Afterwards, continuing stirring/ mashing till it turns into one paste.
- Apply it to the skin and allow it on for around 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture using lukewarm water and then pat the face dry. Depending on the type of your skin, apply moisturizer.
Mint has menthol, which acts as a natural painkiller and anti-inflammatory. It won’t cure the acne per day, but it can help the redness fade as well as ease up several the discomfort cause by the painful swelling. Here are step by step directions:
- Rinse your face using water and next pat it dry.
- Then crush up the mint leaves thoroughly with a blender.
- Rub this juice and crushed leaves on the face and allow for around 5-10 minutes before washing off thoroughly using cold water.
Using potato is also an effective natural acne treatment. Potatoes are loaded with potassium, phosphorus, sulfur and chloride – all components helping reduce bothersome blemishes. They also contain antioxidants to encourage your healthy growth of the new skin cells and nourish your skin as well. For the expected results, what you need to do:
- Wash the face with water and then pat almost dry, allowing it a bit damp.
- Afterwards, grate one raw potato and rub the juice and pulp onto the face for a couple minutes in one circular motion.
- Let it dry for around 15-30 minutes, and finally, wash off completely using warm water.
Using tea is also a best natural acne treatment. For the desirable results, what you need to do:
- 1/2 cup of fresh water
- 1 green tea bag or 2 teaspoons of loose organic tea leaves
- Wash the face with water, and then pat dry with the help of a soft clean towel.
- Then place these leaves in one clean bowl and after that pour the boiling water over them.
- Steep for around 4-5 minutes before straining these leaves and leaving the liquid cool to one comfortable temperature.
- Then you can pour into a spritz or spray bottle your face lightly, soak a soft cloth or cotton pad and apply. Simply, you can use a teabag steeped for around 2-3 minutes, patting it onto the face or problem areas.
24. Coconut Oil
Due to its antiviral and anti-bacterial properties, it can fight bacteria naturally. In addition, it also prevents dryness, which all people overlook when curing acne. You can use it as follows:
- Take unrefined coconut oil (few drops) and apply it on the affected areas with the finger or cotton swab.
- Make sure that spread all over your affected area.
- Allow it on for 20 minutes or for entire night (if you apply at night time before bedtime)
- You should follow this process regularly in order to get clear skin from the problem of acne.
25. Clay Mask
Clay is also considered as a best natural acne treatment which works as exfoliate agent. It cleans the skin to prevent the acne and gets rid of the excess oil by lessening all the dead skin cells. In addition, it boosts the healing process as well as alleviates the chance of forming scars. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Take any natural clay such as fuller’s earth
- Then mix it well by adding sufficient amount of water and create it like a paste
- Afterwards, apply this paste on your affected areas.
- Leave it till it gets dried and lastly, rinse it off with water
- You should follow this process about once or twice weekly to get heal from the acne.
26. Aspirin Mask
Aspirin works as a great exfoliant in coping with the acne problem. Here are detailed instructions to apply this mask:
- Take some aspirin pills and then put it in one small bowl.
- Crush these pills to powder form, and then add a little water in it to create it like one thin paste.
- Apply this on the acne affected area and allow it for about 15 minutes.
- Finally rinse it away using lukewarm water and repeat this process regularly.
- Take some aspirin pills and next crush them to form it powder.
- Add enough amount of honey to create it fine paste.
- Then apply this paste and allow it for some minutes till it gets dry
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- You had better follow it regularly in order to get relief from the acne problem and also to get moisturizing affect on your skin.
Mangoes also help to open your clogged up pored causing cystic acne. It also makes your skin glow and soft naturally. To use it for treating acne, you can do as follows:
- Take one ripe mango, yellow or orange -orange fruits and then extract its juice
- Afterwards, include a little amount of water into and then mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to the face or affected part of your skin
- Allow it for some minutes and wash it with water.
- You had better follow up the process in order to get cure from the acne.
28. Honey Mask
Surprisingly, honey is a natural antibacterial, antiseptic and exfoliate agent that can help to clear your skin from cystic acne. Plus, it reduces the redness and inflammation, gets rid of the dead skin cells by fighting the bacteria and lastly makes the skin fresh, soft and smooth. Here are detailed guides you can follow at home:
- Take honey (1 – 2 tablespoons).
- Then apply it on your affected skin part and allow it to sit for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water in order to get relief from the acne and its symptoms.
- It is recommended to repeat the process regularly for the better results.
29. Diet Plan
As you know, planning your diet is the major base to prevent or reduce any problem.
- You should drink enough of water of 15 glasses minimum to flush out all dangerous toxins from the body.
- Add plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits particularly green leafy vegetables in the diet in order to get the essential nutrients and vitamins that helps to maintain the body and skin healthily.
- Always avoid the fatty, oily foods, spicy food which can increase the oily and fat content in the skin and makes the acne too worse.
- Decrease in taking the amount of sugar as well as other processed food because it disrupts the hormones and even has a direct effect on your skin cells, tissues and make the skin not to heal faster.
- You should eat low-glycemic diet that contains beans, veggies, whole grains, etc., which the body will take longer time in order to absorb, but it is really healthier.
- Avoid the dairy products because it can also increase the acne especially cheese, milk, etc. However, you can take probiotics such as yogurt and buttermilk.
- Intake some essential vitamins especially vitamin E and A, and other essential nutrients in order to help to clear the acne and keep the body smooth and glow.
- Avoid the stress by following yoga, deep breathing exercises, meditations and other related exercises that keep you stress-free.
- Avoid excessive sweating and clear the face and the other acne-troubled parts of your body after doing exercise and any other activity in order to clean the sweat.
- Take enough sleep of seven– eight hours minimum to have a glowing and healthy skin.
- Reduce friction because it also irritates the skin and increases the cystic acne problem.
- Daily wash the face about once or twice using warm water and one mild cleanser to get rid of the dirt and oil that causes acne worse.
- Avoid using greasy and oily cosmetic products which will increase to cystic acne.
- It is best to remove your makeup before you go to sleep. Just rinse it off before bedtime as it decreases the clogged pores risk.
- Turmeric, boswellia and ginger are 3 natural herbs that have anti-inflammatory properties which will help in healing the acne problem. So, take these herbs in the known forms to remove the problem.
- Avoid smoking and drinking habits as this will make your cystic acne worse and decrease the change of treating the acne.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of best natural acne treatment: 29 solutions, hope that it can help you find out the best remedy to help cope with acne fast without any side effect. All these solutions are very effective in treating acne. For the best results, you should live a healthy lifestyle. However, these ways will take some time to treat acne but their results are long lasting. If you cannot successfully cure your acne with these solutions, you should consult your doctor. If you have any question, or you know other treatment for acne removal, please leave them below. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other acne treating remedies to us.