As you know, acne is one common problem of skin that affects all ages. Sleep deprivation, unhealthy eating habits, too much stress and hectic lifestyles may also cause acne. Generally, acne can appear on your face, chest, scalp and back. There are many easy and simple natural treatments with common ingredients found in the refrigerator and pantry to minimize or prevent the problem. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce to you best 29 solutions & natural acne treatment. All of the treatments in this article are collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin type; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more best natural acne treatment.
Best Natural Acne Treatment: 29 Solutions
1. Baking Soda
Surprisingly, baking soda acts as a gentle exfoliant for the skin. Therefore, it unplugs the pores as well as removes dead skin. In addition, it helps regulate the skin’s pH balance and contains mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. All of these characteristics will make it an excellent natural acne treatment. Here are detailed directions to apply baking soda for treating acne:
- You can mix together baking soda (two tablespoons), one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, the juice from half a lemon, and honey (five tablespoons). Apply it on the face and finally, wash after five minutes. You should use baking soda on the skin once or twice per week.
- Take baking soda (1 – 2 tablespoons) and make it like one thin paste by adding enough water to it.
- Next mix it well and apply this paste as a mask on your affected area.
- Keep it to stay on for around 15 – 20 minutes and lastly rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Finish by applying any skin toner or moisturizer and follow up the similar process regularly for about 1- 2 times per week.
- Take one small amount of sea salt and baking soda
- Mix it with water in order to create it like a paste.
- Then apply this paste on your affected areas.
- Allow it to sit for few minutes and after that, wash it off with water.
- It is suggested to repeat the process for about once or twice per day to treat acne
Toothpaste that helps you clean your teeth also helps you clear up the problem of acne.
Toothpaste contains fluoride and alcohol which dries up your affected acne pores as well as kills the bacteria in it. Thus, using toothpaste is a great and easy natural acne treatment. For the best results, you can use it as follow:
- Take a small amount of white toothpaste
- Then apply this on your affected area and allow it for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- This paste will penetrate into your skin and clear away the bacteria and dry out the lumps.
- Lastly, rinse it off with water to cure the problem. Within about a day or two, you will see a significant improvement.
Using oatmeal is also a best natural acne treatment. Oatmeal is very beneficial in decreasing acne because it absorbs excess oil and cleanses your skin pores as well. Plus, it exfoliates the skin. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Mix honey (one teaspoon) and the juice of 1/2 a lemon in cooked oatmeal (a cup). Apply this mixture over the skin. Allow it on for half an hour and then wash with lukewarm water. You had better do this way once or twice per week.
- Alternatively, mix rolled or quick oats (3 tablespoons) and then press with coconut oil (1 tablespoon) and water (2 teaspoons). Mix into a paste and later apply to your whole face or just the affected areas, covering well. Allow it to sit for an hour and then remove. You should do this a couple of days and you will see a reduced redness, scarring, and breakouts overall.
4. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is also considered as an excellent natural acne treatment. Fuller’s earth is very good for acne-prone and greasy skin because it absorbs excess oil as well as unclogs the pores. Moreover, it helps to improve your complexion. Here are step by step directions to use it:
- Mix Fuller’s earth, rose water and sandalwood powder in equal proportions.
- Then apply the mud pack to the face.
- Rinse after it dries up.
- You should repeat this process once per week.
5. Lemon Juice
A great natural acne treatment is using lemon juice. Lemon contains natural antibacterial and astringent properties. It works as an exfoliant that helps get rid of dead skin cells faster as well as prevent clogged pores in order to give relief from the acne problem. For the satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Wash your face using lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Take a fresh lemon and then cut into half
- After that, squeeze the half lemon in order to extract its juice into one bowl
- Then dip a cotton ball in the juice
- Directly apply it on the acne affected area of your skin.
- Allow the juice to stay for about 10 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Rinse the applied area using cool water and then pat dry with towel
- You should continue applying the lemon juice on your affected part for two times per day to eliminate the acne.
- Wash your skin using water and mild soap and pat dry with the help of clean towel.
- Take lemon juice and rosewater in equal parts in a bowl.
- Take one cotton ball and then dip it in this liquid and apply it on your acne affected area
- Let it be on the skin around 15 – 30 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- Afterwards, dry your skin using towel and follow the same process for two times a day to clear the skin from acne.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Another natural treatment for acne is using tea tree oil. Tea tree oil works like an antiseptic and disinfects your pores. Plus, it helps kill the bacteria causing acne. Furthermore, it penetrates into your skin in order to unblock the sebaceous glands, dry out the blemishes and disinfect pores. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- Take one cotton swab and next pour few drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Gently dab the oil onto your affected area.
- Allow it be on for several hours or overnight.
- In the next morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Take tea tree oil (a tablespoon) and add water (9 tablespoons).
- Stir it well to create a fine solution.
- Apply this over your affected area and allow it for few minutes
- Wash it with normal water to decrease the cystic acne blemishes.
- Simply, you can also add tea tree oil (few drops) in moisturizer, aloe vera gel, facial mask, tea tree oil having products, etc, and then apply it on the affected skin in order to get relief from this problem.
7. Orange Peel
The high vitamin C and acidic property of an orange make it a great natural acne treatment. You can use the orange juice and its peel, but the peel may be more effective. Here are detailed instructions to use orange peel for treating acne:
- Expose orange peel under sunlight and allow it to completely dry out.
- Then grind this dried peel into one powder and after that, add water to create a paste.
- Now, apply the paste to your affected area and allow it on for around 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, wash your face using warm water.
8. Aloe Vera Gel
The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties present in aloe vera make it as a perfect natural acne treatment. Also, aloe vera gel is helpful in healing the scars that cause acne. For treating acne, what you need to do:
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it in order to extract its gel.
- Rub gently this aloe vera gel on the affected area and allow it for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- You should continue doing this process once in 2 days to clear the acne.
Due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, fenugreek is also a best natural acne treatment. To apply it in right way for treating acne, here are easy ways you can follow at home:
- Mix fresh leaves of fenugreek with water to create a smooth paste. Then apply this herbal paste on your affected area and allow it on for around 10 to 15 minutes. Lastly, wash your face off with warm water. It is recommended to repeat the process for about three to four days in order to allow the problem of acne to heal.
- Alternatively, you can grind fenugreek seeds (one teaspoon) into one fine powder and add some warm water to it in order to make a paste. Afterwards, apply this paste on your affected area. Allow it on for around 20 minutes or entire night and then wash it off. You should do this process two or three times per week.
10. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is another great natural acne treatment. It contains antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help in killing the bacteria causing acne. In addition, it soothes the inflammation and redness of skin breakouts. Here are detailed directions:
- Make a paste of tender leaves of Indian lilac by adding some water. Then add some turmeric powder to this paste and after that, apply it on your affected area. Allow it on for about 20 minutes and finally, wash it off. You had better do this at least two times a week.
- Alternatively, you can apply neem oil several times a day till you see improvement.