Indigestion is a common stomach problem. Some main causes of indigestion are improper chewing of food, intake of excessive alcohol, excessive consumption of spicy and oily food, smoking and so on. Several symptoms of indigestion include nausea, pain in the belly, heart burn, uncontrolled burping, bloating, gas, burning sensation, abdominal pain and growling stomach, etc. Different home remedies may be used to deal with the problem of indigestion. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you 11 best natural home remedies for indigestion without any side effect. This writing listed the best natural treatments to cure indigestion from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 11 home remedies for indigestion in more detail!
11 Best Natural Home Remedies For Indigestion Are Revealed
1. Fennel Seeds
Using fennel seeds are one of the most excellent home remedies for indigestion. They can be really effective for indigestion problem caused by very fatty or spicy food. Fennel seeds have volatile oils which can help reduce nausea as well as control flatulence. Here are detailed directions to use the seeds for treating indigestion:
- Dry roast, sieve and grind fennel seeds. Take this powder (half a teaspoon) along with water. You had better follow this remedy two times every day.
- Another option is to drink fennel tea, prepared by steeping crushed fennel seeds (two teaspoons) in hot water (a cup).
- Alternatively, you can simply chew fennel seeds (a spoonful) for symptom relief.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Looking for the natural home remedies for indigestion, you should not pass apple cider vinegar. This vinegar contains an alkalizing effect which helps settle indigestion. Here are easy steps for you to follow:
- Add unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar (one tablespoon) to water (one cup).
- Then, mix in raw honey (one teaspoon).
- Drink this solution about twice to thrice a day for immediate relief.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also one of the best natural home remedies for indigestion because it works like an antacid. Indigestion often happens thanks to high levels of the stomach acids. For the better results, you need to stir baking soda (one-half teaspoon) into water (half a glass). Drink this solution in order to neutralize the acid in the stomach as well as give your instant relief from bloating.
Seeking the natural home remedies for indigestion, ginger is one of the top choices for you. Ginger stimulates the flow of enzymes and digestive juices that help you digest the food. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Take ginger juice (two teaspoons), lemon juice (one teaspoon), and black salt and table salt (a pinch). Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly and then drink it without or with water. Another choice is to add ginger juice (two teaspoons) and honey (one teaspoon) to warm water (a cup) and then drink it.
- You can also consume homemade ginger tea in order to get instant relief from bloating, gas, cramps and stomach aches. In order to make ginger tea, first step is to boil grated ginger (one teaspoon) in water (a cup) for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Or simply, you can add ginger as one spice in the recipes.
- Alternatively, you can also sprinkle salt on some fresh slices of ginger and then chew it thoroughly after you eat a heavy meal.
5. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds contain carminative and digestive properties that help cure indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea. Here are step by step instructions to use the seeds for coping with indigestion:
- Grind together some dried ginger and carom seeds into a fine powder. Then, add this powder (one teaspoon) and a little bit of black pepper to warm water (a cup) and drink it. You should do this remedy once or twice per day.
- Simply, you can eat carom seeds (one-half teaspoon) in order to help provide instant relief from indigestion.
Cumin is also a great remedy for digestive problems such as indigestion, nausea, flatulence and diarrhea. It stimulates your secretion of pancreatic enzymes which aid digestion. In order to treat indigestion, you can use it as follows:
- Mix roasted cumin seed powder (one teaspoon) in water (a glass) and drink it.
- For heaviness in your stomach, just need to add 1/4 teaspoon each of black pepper and roasted cumin seed powder to buttermilk (a glass) and drink it about two or three times per day for several days.
Coriander is a great spice to cure indigestion as it helps calm the stomach as well as enhances the production of digestive enzymes. For the best results, you can use it as follow:
- Add roasted coriander seed powder (one teaspoon) to buttermilk (a glass) and drink it 1-2 times a day.
- In order to reduce acidity in your stomach, you need to extract the juice from fresh coriander leaves and then mix this juice (one teaspoon) in buttermilk (one cup). Drink it 2-3 times per day.
8. Basil Leaves
Basil is also one of the greatest home remedies for indigestion and acid reflux as well. It also helps in relieving intestinal gas, due to its carminative properties. Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- Add basil (one teaspoon) into hot water (a cup) and leave it to steep for about 10 minutes. You should drink up to 3 cups of this tea per day.
- Another method is to mix 5 or 6 ground leaves of basil, sea salt (¼ teaspoon) and a little bit of black pepper powder in plain yogurt (2 to 3 tablespoons). Consume it two or three times per day.
Cinnamon can provide immediate relief from bloating and cramps and help in your digestive process. To use it for treating indigestion, you can do as follows:
- Make cinnamon tea (a cup) by adding cinnamon powder (one-half teaspoon) to boiling water (a cup) and allow it steep for a couple of minutes.
- Consume it as it is still warm for the better results.
10. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea is cool and it can soothe your system as well as make you feel better. Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- Place the peppermint tea on warm water for around 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then, take out this tea bag and allow for this water to cool.
- Consume the tea by slowly sipping it.
11. Ginger Juice, Lime Juice And Honey
Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Take ginger juice (1 tea spoon), lime juice (1 teaspoon), honey (1 teaspoon), cumin powder (1/2 teaspoon) and coriander powder (1/2 teaspoon).
- Mix all of given ingredients well and then make a fine paste.
- Now, have it before an hour to lunch and dinner.
- This treatment is the best solution for the problems of digestive.
- Eat slowly
- Eat more frequent and smaller meals
- Avoid extremely fatty and spicy foods
- Avoid binge eating
- Cut back on the alcohol consumption
- Don’t lie down immediately after each meal
- Manage stress
- Stop smoking
- Exercise regularly and keep a healthy weight
- Discuss with a doctor about changing your medications tending to irritate your stomach lining. You should try to cut back on the pain relievers.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. To solve the problem of indigestion, you should try some of above natural remedies. These natural home remedies will help remove symptoms of indigestion. After reading the article of 11 best natural home remedies for indigestion, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of indigestion quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at-home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for indigestion, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural indigestion remedies to us.