Blackheads are small black or yellow bumps forming when one clog develops in your opening of hair follicles because of a combination of the build-up of dead skin cells and dirt and excess sebum. Factors like changes of hormonal in your body, improper skin care, excessive use of cosmetic products, genetics and stress contribute to the problem. Commonly, blackheads occur on your face. They may also appear on your chest, neck, back, shoulders, and arms. There are a lot of prescription medicines for the cure of blackheads, but you may always try some natural treatments. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 21 natural home remedies for blackheads on face without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of the blackheads on face from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 21 home remedies for blackheads in more detail!
Top 21 Natural Home Remedies For Blackheads On Face You Should Know
Turmeric, a wonder spice, may be used with a variety of elements to get rid of your blackheads.
Here are detailed instructions to use turmeric for blackheads:
- Wash a handful leaves of coriander, crush them and then take out their juice. It is recommended to have coriander leaves juice (1 teaspoon).
- Mix coriander juice with turmeric powder (1 teaspoon) to make a paste.
- Then, apply this to the face, preferably at night.
- Allow for half an hour.
- Finally, rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder with two tablespoons of mint
- Then, apply on your skin with blackheads.
- Allow for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Take red sandalwood paste (1 teaspoon). You can get sandalwood powder and then mix with water to get the paste or rub a sandalwood piece on stone with little water and later collect the paste.
- Add turmeric powder (1 teaspoon) and 1 teaspoon milk to this sandalwood paste.
- After that, apply this on your affected skin with blackheads.
- Allow for about 10 minutes.
- First, rinse off first with normal water and afterwards with lukewarm water.
2. Cinnamon Powder
Using cinnamon powder is one of the best effective home remedies for blackheads. Here are some ways to use cinnamon powder for treating blackheads:
- Add lemon juice (1 teaspoon) to cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon) and mix well.
- Then, apply this on the blackheads.
- Allow for 20 minutes and finally wash off.
- You should do this process two or three times a day.
- Add honey (1 teaspoon) to cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon), mix well.
- Later, apply on your blackheads at night before going to bed.
- Rinse off in the morning.
- You had better do this way every day for about 8-10 days or until the time you remove these spots.
- Make one homemade facial cleanser by combining cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon), lemon juice (1 teaspoon) and turmeric powder (a pinch).
- Clean your face daily with this.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal is also considered as one of the best home remedies for blackheads on face. Oatmeal, when applied on your affected area, will help in keeping your pores clear, because it absorbs oil as well as leaves your skin smooth and clean by removing the blackheads. To use it for blackheads, you can do as following processes:
- Add honey (one teaspoon) and tomato juice (two tablespoons) with oatmeal (2-4 tablespoons) to get one paste like consistency.
- Then, use the oatmeal scrub to rub your face gently.
- Rinse off after scrubbing for around 10-15 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with yogurt (3 tablespoons) and few drops of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well to form a face mask.
- Then, apply this on the face and allow for about 10 minutes or so.
- Finally, rinse it off.
- Add rosewater to your oatmeal to create a paste
- Then, apply on your face.
- Allow for about 20 minutes before rinsing off.
Cornmeal is also one of the best effective home remedies for blackheads. Cornmeal naturally removes blackheads as well as clears the clogged pores. It gently exfoliates your skin to remove the blackheads and pimples. In addition, it works as abrasive to clear the dirt in the skin pores. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Take cornmeal (2 parts) and combine it with water (1 part) and make it like one thick paste.
- Then, apply the paste and massage it on your affected skin part for about 5 minutes using the fingertips but don’t forget to do it gently
- Make sure to use circular motions with the fingertips
- Rinse it off with cool water and then apply moisturizer.
- You had better repeat this process daily till your blackheads are gone completely.
- Take powdered cornmeal (a teaspoon) and then mix it with the regular facial cleanser.
- Before beginning this process, you use the steam to open the skin pores of the face.
- Afterwards, apply it on the face and gently massage it in a circular motion, concentrating on the affected area.
- Allow it on for a couple of minutes and wash it off the face with cold water because this step will help to close your opened pores.
5. Green Tea
One of the most excellent home remedies for blackheads on face is using green tea. Green tea not only helps to refresh your skin but also helps to give health to the body. Especially, green tea scrub helps to loosen your blackheads and get rid of the dirt as well as other impurities in the skin. Moreover, it is loaded with multiple nutrients and also has antioxidants which help the skin to get clean and clear.
How to use green tea for blackheads?
- Take dry leaves of green tea (a teaspoon) and then mix it with water in order to create fine paste.
- Gently scrub the paste all over your affected skin area for around 3 – 5 minutes
- The scrub deeply cleans the oily skin as well as helps to unclog pores.
- Wash it off your affected area using lukewarm water.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is also one of the good home remedies for blackheads on face. It helps remove bleaching dark skin and excessive oil as well. Here are detailed directions to use lemon juice for treating blackheads:
- Take lemon juice, yogurt, salt, and honey (you can take 1 teaspoon each or more).
- Then, mix well to form a scrub.
- After that, rub this gently on the face focusing on the blackheads. The exfoliating effect will remove your blackheads from the skin.
- Mix lemon juice (1 teaspoon) with 1 tablespoon of rose water or milk.
- Clean the face with it every day.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to 1 teaspoon of groundnut oil
- Mix well.
- Then, apply this to your skin with blackheads.
- Allow for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Keep reading this article to discover other effective home remedies for blackheads.
7. Egg White
Generally, egg white helps to pull out any clogged dirt in the skin pores and tighten your skin pores and gives you smooth, clean and clear skin. For satisfied results, what you need to do:
- First of all, separate egg white from its yolk.
- You may not or may add honey (a teaspoon) to this separated egg white.
- Then dip the fingers in the egg white and apply this gently to your face.
- Allow it dry.
- Once more, apply another egg white layer and let dry.
- Allow for around 10-15 minutes till this egg white dries up.
- Now, take a wash cloth or towel and immerse it into the warm water, squeeze and then cover the face. After some seconds, gently rub the face with your cloth to take off this egg white.
8. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth or multani mitti is also considered among one of the greatest home remedies for blackheads. This clay is very useful for the oily skin as it will pull out your extra oil efficiently from the skin.
How to use it for blackheads?
- Take fuller’s earth (2 tablespoons) and then mix it with enough amount of rose water to create a paste.
- After that, apply this pack on the face.
- Allow it dry.
- Rinse it off with water.
- First, grind almonds (a handful) and mix water or rose water to the almond powder in order to get a paste.
- Add fuller’s earth (2 tablespoons) to this almond paste. If required, add some more rose water or water.
- Then, apply this to the face.
- Allow it dry or wait it for about 15 minutes minimum.
- Now, using your fingers, rub gently on the face in circular motion.
- Afterward, scrub for around 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Add fuller’s earth (1 tablespoon) with apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon) to make a paste.
- Then apply on your face.
- Allow for around 20 minutes.
- Wet a towel or cloth in warm water and later place it on the face for a couple of seconds.
- Now, rub with the wet cloth gently deleting all this paste from your face.
9. Vegetables, Fruits, Spices
Here are step by step guides to use these ingredients for blackheads:
- Take fenugreek leaves (a handful) and after rinsing, crush them to make a thick paste. You can use water, if needed.
- Then, apply this paste on the face.
- Allow for around 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper to 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Then, apply this solution to your face.
- Allow for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Ground some seeds of radish and then add water to make paste.
- Afterward, apply this paste on the face.
- Allow for about 20 minutes or until it dries.
- Rinse off with water.
- Roast the pomegranate peel and ground it to make its powder.
- Then add enough amount of lime juice to the pomegranate peel powder in order to get a paste.
- Now, apply this paste on the blackheads.
- This is not only an effective cure for blackheads but also for pimples, whiteheads, boils, and acne.
10. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also one of the best home remedies for blackheads on face. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Firstly, mix enough amount of water with the baking soda to get one thick smooth paste.
- After that, gently massage the face with the paste in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with water and then pat dry your face
- Finally, apply moisturizer.
11. Bentonite Clay
Excellently, bentonite clay helps pull out oils and the other impurities of your skin’s clogged pores thus you may remove blackheads.
How to use bentonite clay to remove blackheads?
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- Apple cider vinegar (for oily skin) or water (for dry sensitive skin)
- Lukewarm water to wash
- Take your clay and then add enough amount of apple cider vinegar or water whatever you are taking to it to create a paste like consistency.
- Then, apply this paste to the face in such one manner that one thin layer is visible on the face.
- Let it sit on your face for around 10-30 minutes.
- Then, rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Lastly, apply moisturizer to the face to rehydrate it.
12. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub excellently sloughs off the dead skin cells giving you clogged pores that cause a host of skin problems such as acne, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. For the best effects, you can do as follows:
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Oil (jojoba, grapeseed, almond or olive oil)- 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 drop of tea tree oil (optional)
- 2-3 drops of essential oils such as lemon or lavender oil (optional)
- Mix sugar and oil and then mix them well.
- Add essential oil (2-3 drops) if you are spending one.
- Add tea tree oil (1 drop) if your skin is acne prone.
- To apply the scrub, you have to stir it well before using it.
- Wet the face and then take some of this prepared sugar scrub and next apply on the face using your fingertips.
- Gently massage this all over the skin in circular strokes. You had better do this for a few minutes.
- Now, rinse off with water and finally apply moisturizer.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Looking for home remedies for blackheads, you should not pass apple cider vinegar. Thanks to its natural acid agent, this vinegar is a good toner which can help you remove blackheads. To use it for treating blackheads, you can do as follows:
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
- Cotton ball
- Water- 1 cup
- Chop or crush the mint leaves.
- Add crushed or chopped mint leaves to the vinegar.
- Next, pour this into one glass bottle and then keep it in a cool dark place for about a week.
- After one week, strain this mixture and add water (a cup) to this.
- Allow it again for seven days in the cool dark place.
- Now, it is ready to use soothing apple cider vinegar.
- To use it, wash the face at night before bedtime.
- After that, take some the homemade toner onto one cotton ball.
- Now, apply this to the face and leave it entire night.
- In the morning, rinse off and apply moisturizer.
If you want to discover other healthy home remedies for blackheads, keep reading this writing!
14. Homemade Honey-Milk Strip
Here is the recipe to make such strip with milk and honey. This is very good for the skin and the presence in honey help you strip off your blackheads.
How to make milk – honey strip for blackhead removal?
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Cotton cloth
- Mix milk and honey.
- Heat this combination to warm it up. You can use microwave (about 5-10 seconds) or any other choices to heat it.
- Now, blend this warm mixture thoroughly.
- After that, apply a thin layer of the milk-honey mixture over the blackheads
- Afterward, pat a strip of clean, dry, cotton onto the layer just like the beautician does when applying wax on your hands or legs.
- Wait about 15-20 minutes until the mixture dries off on the face.
- Rinse your face using cold water and then apply moisturizer.
- It is recommended to do this once per week.
15. Epsom Salt
Seeking the natural home remedies for blackheads on face, you should not pass Epsom salt. It contains excellent anti-inflammatory ingredients. Here are step by step directions to use Epsom salt for dealing with blackheads on face:
- 1-2 teaspoons of epsom salt
- Few drops of Iodine (optional)
- 1 cup of warm water
- Cotton ball
- Mix your Epsom salt in one cup of warm water and then stir it until this salt dissolves completely in the water. Actually, you can use water with normal temperature too.
- After that, add the iodine if using and later let it cool to room temperature.
- Now, soak this cotton ball in the salt solution and then apply this to the blackhead affected area.
- Allow it to sit there for around 15-20 minutes or until it dries off completely.
- Rinse off your face.
16. Homemade Gelatine Peel-Off
Gelatine as well as other ingredients in the remedy gets attached to the skin and also peels off the dead skin, dirt and sebum plug to remove blackheads. For the expected results, what you need to do:
- 1 tablespoon of gelatine (unflavoured)
- Any milk (skim, almond, whole milk, soy, milk etc.)- one tablespoon
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- Mix gelatine, essential oil and milk.
- Heat this mixture using double boiler. Don’t make it too hot, just warm.
- When this mixture gets warm, you apply a thin layer of it to the face, avoiding your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- Allow it for around 20-30 minutes or until it dries off completely.
- Rinse your face thoroughly using cool water.
- Finally, apply moisturizer to the face.
Fenugreek is also one of the simplest and easiest home remedies for blackheads on face. Here are step by step instructions to use it for curing blackheads:
- Create a thick paste by combining fresh leaves of fenugreek with a little water.
- Then apply it on your affected area and leave it to dry for around 10 minutes.
- Lastly, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You had better use this remedy every day.
18. Strawberry Face Scrub
Looking for the effective home remedies for blackheads, you had better not pass strawberry. Lemon juice and strawberries are rich in alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) making it become a great oil blackhead removal tool. Especially, these acids remove old dead cells from your skin’s surface as well as control oil production, stopping oil clog up. Also, strawberries have salicylic acids that help cleanse out unplug blackheads and open pores as well. For the best results, what you need to do:
- 2 – 3 ripe strawberries
- Honey (1 teaspoon)
- Lemon juice (1/2 teaspoon)
- Mash up your ripe strawberries with the back of one fork till it turns mushy.
- Then, add in the lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Now, apply this mixture onto the face and maintain scrubbing in one gentle circular motion for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, wash off with lukewarm water. In order tp close off pores, you should splash the face with cold water.
19. Orange Peel Face Scrub
Orange peel powder is very rich in many powerful nutrients such as citric acid, vitamin C, calcium and all these are effective for oil control and peeling skin and sloughing off dead cells as well. For the most beneficial results, you can do as follows:
- 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Combine all of these ingredients thoroughly in one small bowl.
- Then, scrub this mixture gently onto the face in one circular motion.
- After around 2 to 3 minutes, wash your face with warm water and lastly pat dry with one soft towel.
20. Crushed Almond Face Mask
One of the most excellent home remedies for blackheads is using almond. Almonds are very effective for all skin types. Especially, they work as gentle exfoliators that get rid of dead cells, excess oils and germs that cause your clogged pores. Probiotic yogurt contains many beauty benefits to the skin, including destroying germs, tightening large pores that cause blackheads in your open skin pores as well as staving off free radicals which cause premature aging.
How to make crushed almond face mask for blackheads removal?
- 5 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of probiotic yogurt or Greek yogurt
- First of all, combine the yogurt and crushed almonds in a small bowl.
- Then, slather this mixture onto your face with clean fingers, gently scrubbing for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stay for 15 minutes with this mask sinking into the pores.
- Finally, wash the face with warm water and after that cold water in order to close up your pores. Finish by using olive oil as one moisturizer.
21. Milk And Nutmeg
Milk (particularly buttermilk) has lactic acid that helps to break and remove the old skin cells while nutmeg helps to get rid of the excess oil. When both are combined then it effectively cleans the blackheads without any pain and gets rid of the dirt and dead skin to have a clear and smooth skin. Here are detailed guides to use it for blackheads removal at home:
- Take buttermilk (a teaspoon) (also use milk) and then add enough nutmeg in order to make it one fine thick paste.
- After that, apply this paste to your face and gently scrub it to clear the dead skin cells as well as all other dirt that forms as blackheads.
- Allow it on for several minutes till it gets dried out
- Wash it off thoroughly with warm water and repeat this process regularly.
- Toothpaste acts well to clear blackheads. All you just need to apply a thin toothpaste layer on your blackheads affected skin. Gently rub with a toothbrush. Simply, you need to use it every alternate day to completely remove the blackheads on the skin.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking.
- Clean your face two times per day using an acne-cleanser or a gentle oil-control cleanser.
- Apply oil-free make-up, lotion, foundation, and facial cleanser.
- Remove make-up before you to bed.
- Reduce intake of oily foods, including chocolates, junk food and fried foods.
- Add beta-carotene having food in your diet.
- Make sure to not squeeze your blackheads as it can cause scars.
If you want to know more about natural, at-home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 21 natural home remedies for blackheads, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of blackheads quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for blackheads, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other blackheads remedies to us.