Have you ever heard about gum disease? If yes, you must at least hear about one of the most typical symptoms of gum disease called gingivitis. Gingivitis causes the red swelling and tenderness on your gums, which brings about irritation for you not only when taking meal but also when taking other activities relating to mouths. Besides, it also causes your bad breath, gums discoloration, gums’ puffiness,… Because it possesses ambiguous characteristics, not until a long time later will the patients realize it. The main causes of gingivitis are poor hygiene, carelessness in having poor diet and mouth cleaning, drug abuse, diabetes,… The truth is, even though gingivitis is just a mild infection of gum disease, but when having gingivitis, people will be more likely to suffer from severe infection named periodontitis or loss of teeth.
To deal with this significant problem, taking use of medication is mostly agreed with by almost everyone, but in fact, natural remedies can also help you out in such dilemma provided that you follow the right route. Seeing that gingivitis can do much harm to people’s health as well as much trouble to the daily routine, in this article, All Remedies reveals to you top 27 most effective natural at home remedies for gingivitis in humans. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will choose for yourself the most appropriate homemade treatment to combat with irritating gingivitis thoroughly. However, you should keep in mind that the following remedies are just used for basic symptoms of gingivitis, so you should be aware if your body is allergic to one of them or the symptom may escalate, in this case, you should consult doctor’s advice to cure gingivitis without any regret.
Let’s start to find out the most effective natural home remedies for gingivitis that may suit you.
Top 27 Natural At Home Remedies For Gingivitis In Humans
1. Make Mouthwash And Paste From Salt
To start, the first remedy that is highly recommended to you is salt. As you may know, salt is a very important ingredient in every kitchen. Without it, your dishes would lose its taste and you would feel so fed up with it. Besides its great utility as an indispensable flavor for your mail, it is universally known for its high effect as a safe remedy for many health problems including mouth diseases. As you may known, salt is usually used as mouthwash when you wake up every morning, and even it can cure severe symptoms such as gingivitis. To some aspects, salt is considered as one of the most efficient home remedies for gingivitis. Loaded in salt is the high content of antibacterial and antiseptic properties, therefore, it can be taken to soothe inflamed and swollen gums. In addition, it is used to eliminate abscesses’ infection as well as reduce bacteria’s spreading in your mouth. To know more, follow the below guide:
- First, you need to dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt in a glass of tepid water. Once you have the expected solution, you rinse your mouth on daily routine – once in the morning after getting up and once in the evening. Apply this process until you get your gums’ swelling reduced.
- You can also try creating a paste by mixing enough mustard with ½ teaspoon of salt. Then, you massage your gums gently with this kind of paste for 1-2 minutes. When you are done, rinse your mouth with warm water. You repeat this process 2-3 times each day for a few days or until your gums is less swollen.
2. Make Paste From Turmeric
Of the best natural home remedies for gingivitis, turmeric is believed to control your gingivitis effectively. Because turmeric contains curcumin which includes anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds while efficiently reducing pain, plaque, inflammation and swelling in the gums plus preventing infection well by limiting bacterial activities, turmeric is undeniably of the most outstanding home remedies for gingivitis.
Recently, the Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology has published a study to show how efficiently turmeric mouthwash takes effect as an aid for mechanical plaque control, thereby reducing gingivitis and plaque well. In comparison with traditional chlorexidine mouthwash, turmeric has a high level of anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti-plaque properties; therefore, turmeric can become a miraculous treatment to wipe away gingivitis speedily. To take the highest effect of it, follow the below instruction:
- The first recipe is making a paste from turmeric: You mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with ½ tsp. of mustard oil and ½ tsp. of salt to make a paste. Then, you apply this paste on your gums and teeth and massage gently 2 times each day.
- The second way you may follow is to make a pack for gums: you mix ½ tsp. of turmeric powder with vitamin E oil or some water. You will have a pack for your gums, apply it on your gums and let it there for 10 minutes, then rinse your mouth with tepid water. Apply this process once each day for a few weeks.
- The last trial for you is to make toothpaste by mixing some turmeric powder with some water, use a soft-bristle toothbrush to scoop it up and brush your teeth as usual with this creative toothpaste. Reapply the process 2 times each day for a few weeks.
3. Try Oil Pulling If Possible
This remedy is carried out under the instruction of Ayurvedic, following Ayurvedic practice, you won’t be worried about your gingivitis escalating the situation because the practice can help to prevent bacteria from flourishing to cause gingivitis. It not only helps reduce plaque and strengthen gums but also maintains positive oral health. There are a large number of types of oil that can be applied for gingivitis, the most prominent ones that should be mentioned are coconut oil, sesame oil,… This tip will show you the right way to have strong gums:
- You put 1 tsp. of coconut oil or sesame oil directly to your mouth
- Then you keep swishing it through your teeth in your mouth for at least 15-20 minutes
- After that, rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water
- This method should be used in the morning after waking up and before you brush your teeth. Keep following these steps for at least 1 month.
You should keep in mind that, such oils are just for mouth rinse, so do not swallow or gargle the oil.
4. Try Essential Oil: Coconut Oil/ Neem Oil/ Olive Oil
In the greatest home remedies for gingivitis, there are many types of oil can be extract to relieve gingivitis fast. The most outstanding types that should be mentioned are coconut oil, olive oil, neem oil. As mentioned above, oil pulling plays an important part in dealing with gingivitis, therefore, taking use of such oils will help you eliminate gingivitis quickly.
Therefore, it is popularly used in treating skin, hair problems. Towards gingivitis, it also takes the same effect as on skin or hair. At the same time, vitamin E contains many antibacterial properties, which are helpful in eliminating gingivitis fast. The usage of such oils is quite simple, you just need to apply directly vitamin E oil and coconut oil on your gums. Besides, you can utilize neem oil for your gums because in neem bark and leaves there exist anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which can strengthen the immune system as well as body’s resistance to infections. If you are still not satisfied, take some olive oil with many healthy components along with anti-inflammatory agents, your gums will regain its health quickly. With olive oil, you take a tablespoon of it and rinse your mouth with it for a few minutes and then you spit it out. Remember not to swallow the oil in case its toxins content may affect your mouth. You also can rub the oil and massage it gently on your gums. To get the best result, reapply the process 3 times per day.
5. Take Use Of Baking Soda And Combine It With Apple Cider Vinegar
It is certain that baking soda plays a very important role in treating such critical symptoms like gingivitis, and it is not strange when calling baking soda among the most wonderful natural home remedies for gingivitis. In other words, it is always widely used by a large number of people. With its harmless content, you will not have to worry much about its utility as well as its effect. Towards gingivitis, baking soda gathers enough elements to turn it a trustworthy remedy. To be more specific, included in baking soda is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which are really beneficial for your mouth, teeth and gums. Its function is described as balancing the acids in your mouth so that your gum disease and tooth decay can be controlled well. Moreover, with its antiseptic property, infection is optimally reduced. You can make paste from baking soda as followed:
- To make paste, first, you need to mix ½ tsp. of baking soda with a little of warm water
- Then apply directly the paste to your gums
- Let it be there for 1-2 minutes, then you wash it off with warm water
- Reapply this process for 2-3 times weekly.
Or you can totally try to make the mouthwash with the combination of baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Firstly, you put 1 tbsp. of ACV in a cup of water
- Stir them well and use it as a mouth rinse after you brush your teeth with baking soda
- With the rest of water, you can drink it to strengthen your body from inside to struggle with gingivitis. Remember that do not take undiluted ACV because it can eat away your tooth enamel.
6. Apply Lemon Juice Or Lemon Juice With Strawberries
Lemon juice is the favorite beverage for everyone in hot weather. For the most part, people just think about it as a coolant during hot days without paying attention that it can even do more than that. It can used widely as a great treatment for many usual symptoms or health problems in daily life. Specifically, it is listed in the most effective natural home remedies for gingivitis. Thanks to its high content of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties plus a high level of vitamin C, gingivitis could not only be treated thoroughly but also free from infections for a relatively long time. There come many treatments from lemon juice, pick up one to apply:
- The first trial is that you can mix lemon juice with a cup of warm water. After you brush your teeth, use the lemon solution to rinse your mouth. Apply this method 2 times a day to prevent receding gums as well as bleeding resulted from gingivitis.
- The second option for you is that you can combine 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with a little salt to make a paste. Use this paste to massage gently on your gums. Leave it there for a few minutes, then wash it off with warm water. Reapply the process 4-5 times daily until you realize your gums regain its strength.
Strawberries and lemon juice can make you exclaim loudly, but in fact, both of them can result in a big surprise for your gums and mouth. Thanks to the high content of acid, strawberries are used to remove tartar completely. Besides making your teeth whiter and cleaner, strawberries can bring about good health for your gums. Contained in strawberries is so much vitamin C which is very potent in preventing infections. Now, to get perfect remedy, keep following these steps:
- You put 3-4 strawberries in a processor, then add into it a tbsp. of lemon juice
- Finishing, you will get a solution, use this mixture to massage your gums, use a soft toothbrush if possible
- Then you rinse it off and spit.
- Reapply this method on a regular basis until you see the positive result on your gums.
For more effective natural home remedies for gingivitis, keep tracking with the next tips
7. Enhance Eating C-rich Foods
As mentioned above, lemon juice is used as one of the greatest home remedies for gingivitis, and the reason is that it contains high content of vitamin C; therefore, in this approach, the article will show you that you should consume much food enriched with vitamin C. In fact, there is a closed connection between deficiency of vitamin C and gingivitis. According to Journal of Periodontology, the less vitamin C you take, the more chances you will be stuck in gingivitis. There are typical fruits with a high content of vitamin C you may be interested in like orange papaya, strawberries, guava, grapes, kiwi mango, bell pepper,… All of these fruits are enriched with antioxidant, which can enhance bone regeneration as well as connective tissue growth affected by gingivitis. Therefore, you’d better consume foods with as much vitamin C as possible to avoid gingivitis in particular and gum diseases in general.
The suitable amount for women from age 19 is at least 75 milligrams each day and men from age 19 is 90 milligrams each day. In conclusion, remember to supplement enough vitamin C to your daily diet to make sure you are kept far away from gingivitis as well as other normal symptoms.
8. Consume More Vitamin D
Gingivitis, as you may know, is caused by the lack of essential vitamin including vitamin C and D, therefore, to struggle with gingivitis, you should supplement your daily diet with vitamin D. Of the best home remedies for gingivitis, vitamin D is popularly known for its powerful effect on gums infection. Enriched with a high level of anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin D can help to relieve the pain on your gums as well as the growth of bacteria on your mouth. Take an enough amount of vitamin D to prevent the reoccurring of the bad situation as well as heal swollen gums. If you are of old age, take this kind of vitamin regularly because it is proven by National Institutes of Health that higher level of blood in vitamin D seems to be able to reduce the risk of gums infection in 50-year-old and older people. You can absorb vitamin D by eating vitamin D-rich foods such as eggs, salmon, cod liver oil or sunflower seeds or soak yourself under the morning sun about 15-20 minutes 2 times a week. After the specific time, your gums will become stronger. Remember that sunlight in the morning with low UV ray works best, don’t go out at pick hour unless you want your body to be harmed.
9. Apply Aloe Vera On Infected Gums
Aloe vera is a well-known herb in treating so many problems including skin, hair because of its high level of healing properties. In fact, it is not just used for skin but also one of the best natural home remedies for gingivitis as it can soothe and cleanse gums and teeth well. As we may know, aloe vera contains antifungal and antibacterial properties, which can combat with gingivitis effectively. In addition, it is used to ease the growth of bacteria in your mouth, which is the main reason of plaque leading to gingivitis. One more advantage of aloe vera is that it can help to calm your pain and soothe inflamed gums and teeth. You can definitely prepare aloe vera on your own because it is very beneficial to your body, especially when you are suffering from gingivitis. Follow the guide to get good remedy for gingivitis:
- Firstly, you need to extract the pulp of it after breaking open an aloe vera leaf
- Then you use this pulp to apply directly on the affected gums
- You leave it there for 10 minutes and gargle with cold water after that
- Reapply this method a few times a day until you get a better result on your gums.
10. Chew Guava Leaves Or Make Paste To Apply On Gums
Guava is a fruit rich with vitamin C and very beneficial to body’s health, therefore, it is consumed widely by so many people. However, guava can even do more than that, specifically its leaves can be used as one of the most wonderful natural home remedies for gingivitis. With their high content of analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties, guava leaves are considered an effective treatment to cure gums infection or gingivitis. In addition, guava leaves are found with guaijaverin, which functions as an antiplaque agent. Therefore, your pain in your gums and teeth will be relieved thoroughly. You can try the following guide to get your gums infection controlled:
- Firstly, you need to be sure your guava leaves are fresh and clean enough by washing them with water carefully. Then you chew them slowly and spit out. Repeat this method twice a day for a few weeks.
- The second option for you is to have some tender guava leaves ground to make a paste for your teeth.
- Or you can totally try using mouthwash with guava leaf extract.
By following this remedy, your gingivitis will be wiped away gradually.
11. Cure Gingivitis With Clove
Other natural home remedies for gingivitis include clove. Clove is popularly known as a great remedy to treat gingivitis because it contains potent antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Such properties are very helpful in combating with gums diseases as well as reducing the pain existing on your teeth, gums and preventing the growth of bacteria. The recipe of clove is quite simple as followed:
- Prepare clean cloves, then chew 2-3 cloves at least 3 times a day to eliminate gingivitis thoroughly
- You can also try to dab clove oil directly to your gums, then you let it sit for a few minutes. When you are done, use warm water to rinse the oil off your gums. Apply this method 2 times a day or until you see the remarkable reduction in gingivitis
- • Another choice for you is adding some drops of clove oil into a cup of lukewarm water. Once you get the solution, rinse your mouth with this solution at least 2-3 times a day.
Pick one of the above treatments daily until your situation of gums is improved. There is just a notice that you should take, that is clove or clove oil are not used for small children, pregnant women and patients taking blood thinning medicines. So be considerable before using clove.
12. Choose Either Peppermint Tea Or Oil For Gingivitis Relief
Besides being used to soothe your mind making you feel relaxed when you are stressed, peppermint is also mentioned in the list of natural home remedies for gingivitis. People usually consume products made from peppermint with the purpose of having good breath. The reason is that with such beneficial properties included in it, peppermint can reduce bacteria and inflammation causing bad breath. Actually, it contains really good scent, so take a drink of peppermint or chew some peppermint gum, your breath will be improved significantly. One more advantage of peppermint that most people usually ignore is that it can be utilized to treat gingivitis efficiently. Because it contains a high level of antiseptic along with antibacterial properties, peppermint is widely used as a great remedy to cure gingivitis as well as gum diseases efficiently.
- First, you need to have some crushed peppermint leaves soaked in water for about half an hour, then you use the solution to rinse your mouth 2-3 times per day or until your gums get better again
- Another option for you is that you can take a cup of hot peppermint tea and take it between meals or you can cool it down and take it as a mouthwash
- Using toothpaste with peppermint flavor to brush your teeth twice a day is also a highly recommended approach for your teeth.
If you are not satisfied with such mentioned remedies above, keep tracking the rest of this article for more effective natural home remedies for gingivitis.
13. Try Tea Tree Oil To Eliminate Gingivitis
When talking about great home remedies for gingivitis, it will be a shortcoming if tea tree oil is not mentioned. Tea tree oil, in fact, is the great treatment to eradicate gingivitis as well as gum diseases. Thanks to its high content of anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, it is highly recommended to treat chronic gingivitis efficiently. At the same time, when taking a relative amount of tea tree oil, your inflamed gums causing much irritation for you will also be relieved quickly.
Brush your teeth every day with tea tree oil toothpaste if possible. If you can not take this kind of toothpaste, you can put a drop of tea tree oil into your daily toothpaste whenever brushing your teeth. You can even use gel containing tea tree oil for your gums.
In taking this remedy, you should remember not to swallow tea tree oil because it can cause your stomach irritation, for instance, diarrhea. To be more assured with this treatment, you also need to consult dentist’s advice if needed.
14. Use Tea Bag Or Sage
In treating gingivitis, you can also take use of a strange but effective remedy called tea bag. As you may know, when having gingivitis, your gums will get swollen causing you pain, plaque, but tea bag will help you relieve the pain quickly. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, your gingivitis is controlled well. Besides, the tea bag is found with a high content of tannic acid that can help to soothe pain on gums effectively. Now, to treat gingivitis, you can utilize tea bag on a regular basis. The application of tea bag on gums is quite simple, you can follow the guide below:
- Firstly, you need to prepare boiling water and steep a tea bag in it for 2-3 minutes
- After that, you take the tea bag out and let it cool down so that you can handle it well
- Use the cool tea bag to place on your affected gums and hold it there for 5 minutes.
You should remember that you just need to use tea bag to apply directly to your infected gums instead of drinking the beverages because the abuse of tea would cause negative effect on your teeth and gums such as dental downside like tea-stained or discolored teeth.
15. Apply Raw Honey Directly On Your Infected Gums
There are other effective natural home remedies for gingivitis that help improve your gums’ situation quickly, among of which is raw honey. You may get surprised to know that such a sweet ingredient like honey can have positive influence on your gums as well as your teeth, in fact, included in honey are high number of antiseptic and antibacterial compounds, it is undoubtedly a great treatment helping to get rid of gingivitis thoroughly. The usage of honey is also quite simple: As you brush your teeth, remember to apply a little of honey directly on your infected gums
Honey should be used directly on your gums and teeth. And remember to use a relative amount of honey because of its high content of sugar which can cause unexpected tooth decay if you apply too much honey. You should remember to apply honey on your gums but not your teeth to avoid unexpected infection to your teeth.
16. Extract Cranberry Juice
Believe it or not, cranberry is able to struggle against gingivitis well. It is believed that cranberry, with antibacterial properties, can help to protect your teeth from being adhered to harmful infection. And because the breeding ground for gingivitis is a high density of bacteria, cranberry is used widely to attack such bacteria. However, in using this kind of herb, remember to use unsweetened cranberry juice with low level of sugar which means that your cranberry juice must be 100% natural without sugar added to guarantee its highest effect on your infected gums. To cure gingivitis, you just need to drink a glass of cranberry juice each day until your gums become stronger.
One more notice that you should take is that cranberry supplements will not be effective enough for your gums. And if you are having a blood thinning medication, kidney stones or warfarin, you should not consume cranberry juice without asking for doctor’s advice fist.
17. Try Using Some Garlic
Garlic is a must-have ingredient in every kitchen because of its great utility in your daily meals, and it is also a wonderful remedy in treating so many critical heath systems. Though it is not scientifically accepted by researchers, it is still traditionally believed one of the greatest natural home remedies for gingivitis if you utilize the right dose. Because, it contains so many anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, garlic is not an exception in curing such problems relating to gums or teeth as gingivitis, thanks to its potent antibiotic effects. To eliminate gingivitis with garlic, you can use garlic cloves or extract its juice to apply on your gums. You just need to crush some garlic cloves and then apply it directly on your infected gums. If you have rock salt with you, add a little of salt into the garlic and place it to your gums to experience the soothing effect of garlic on your infected gums. However, seeing that your gums’ situation is standstill without any improvement, it’s time you need to see the dentist for the best treatment.
18. Place Some Plain And Unsweetened Yogurt On Your Painful Gums
Yogurt is not only a perfect choice for your digestive system but also one of the most fabulous home remedies for gingivitis. With its smart content, it can calm the infections as well as provide enough nutrition to cover infected area. If you have never heard about this before, you should consider taking use of this product immediately to eradicate gingivitis. However, the kind of yogurt used for gums infection must be plain unsweetened yogurt because sweet yogurt with a high content of sugar may do harm to your teeth. According to the recent report by Journal of Periodontology, yogurt is filled with probiotics, which are very useful for gums health. You can eat plain white unsweetened yogurt on a regular basis or rub some of it to your gums. Repeat the method several times during weeks, then your gum infection will become less potent.
19. Drink Green Tea As A Great Treatment
You may think that green tea can have bad effects on your teeth such as teeth discoloration, gums puffiness or bad breath… However, to some extents, green tea can help relieve gums infection as well as limit the growth of bacteria on your mouth. Seeing tea bag can soothe the infection on your gums, green tea can also help to improve the bad situation. Actually, green tea is really helpful in providing healthy gums and teeth. In green tea, people found out that it contains compounds that can limit the growth of infection on your gums. Therefore, you should utilize green tea as a great treatment for your gingivitis. You can find green tea taking use of leaves or using the tea bag.
- For tea bag, see the above tip.
- Using tea leaves, you just need to soak a few of dry tea leaves in hot water and let it steep for a few minutes. When you are done, drink it slowly.
- Alternatively, green tea can be rubbed directly on your gums as great toothpaste.
- Another option for you is that you can rinse your mouth with pure green tea. Hold the tea in the infected area on your mouth for a while, then spit it out.
- Continue with these steps until you see the positive result on your gums.
20. Take Some Chamomile, Ginger Or Cinnamon Tea
Green tea is a magical treatment for gingivitis, but other home remedies for gingivitis also include other kinds of tea such as ginger, cinnamon and chamomile tea. It can’t be denied that tea has a positive impact on your gums, therefore, consuming tea with relative amount can really calm the bad gums situation. When having gingivitis, you’d better drink some ginger tea because it can help to strengthen inflammatory condition; or you can try chamomile tea because it can help you to keep your gums healthy and soothe your mouth inflammation. Meanwhile, you can take use of cinnamon tea as it possesses anti-bacterial properties, which can treat gums infection excellently. In general, to relieve your gums pain and improve your mouth’s situation along with speed up the healing process on your gums, you’d better consume one of these types of tea.
The recipe is quite simple, you just need to steep dry leaves of herbal ingredient in hot water and let it steep for a few minutes, then take a small sip and let it pass on your infected gums. You also can make mouthwash to rinse your gums with such kinds of tea. By doing so on a regular basis, your gums will be healthier, but make sure your consumption of tea is not too much to avoid unexpected outcome for your teeth.
21. Utilize Triphala Decoction Gargle
Besides above effective natural home remedies for gingivitis that bring about the great result for your gums, you can also try Triphala decoction gargle – another well known herbal remedy to deal with gingivitis thoroughly. You need to remember that such herbal ingredients should be made and stored in the form of coarse powder so that when gingivitis attacks you, you just need to dab some powder on your infected gums with brush or your fingers. After, you rinse your mouth with plain water. And to make decoction, you should do as followed:
- Mix 4 tbsp. of myrrh powder, ½ tbsp. of clove powder, 8 tbsp. of white oak bark powder with 3 tbsp. of peppermint leaves powder together, then you store this solution in a clean jar for your next use.
- Actually, myrrh is considered an astringent and disinfectant which is very helpful to remove gingivitis. Especially when being combined with the golden seal, it makes the best solution to your gums’ infection. You just need to mix both of the ingredients together with water, add some peppermint oil to get the comfortable taste. You use this mixture to rinse your mouth and then use cold water to wash it to tighten gums tissues. Healing the gums with myrrh and golden seal really helps to relieve your gums infection excellently.
- Another option is that you boil 2-3 tbsp. of tormentil roots into dried bilberries with ½ liter of fresh water. After finishing, what you get will be the perfect mouthwash that can be used several times after that. Or try mixing 20 drops of tormentil with arnica tincture each in a glass of fresh water to create effective mouthwash for your gums.
- Alternatively, combine an equal amount of sage and chamomile with water to make chamomile gargle, with anti-inflammatory properties, this mixture is seen to relieve irritated gums thoroughly and improve the healing process on gums fast.
22. Relieve Gingivitis With Coenzyme Q10
After applying such above natural home remedies for gingivitis and seeing that your gums are still unhealthy, you should consider using Coenzyme Q10 immediately. Loaded in Coenzyme is a high content of antioxidant, therefore, it is believed to prevent gums infection and improve gums’ situation if you consume enough of it daily. Or a lower amount of it also can help to relieve gingivitis fast, besides, it is proven by researchers that antioxidant in Coenzyme Q10 can help to repair gums tissue thoroughly.
According to Osaka University, the study has found that the one suffering from gingivitis after using Coenzyme Q10 toothpaste in 3 weeks got positive improvement in gums infection and inflammation. Moreover, Coenzyme toothpaste Q10 is 100 percent natural and is always available in the health food stores. For the best result, you should take use of Coenzyme Q10 2 times daily along with good oral health routine including mouthwash and flossing. If you want to supplement it, using coenzyme Q10 is highly recommended for you, the suggestive dose should be 30 to 120 milligrams each day. You can consult doctor’s advice before applying coenzyme Q10 to your gums for the best result.
Besides great natural home remedies for gingivitis above that may help you eliminate irritated gums infection completely, you should also remember to perform the following activities in order to deal with gums infection as well as have strong and healthy gums.
23. Keep Brushing Your Teeth As An Essential Habit
The very first advice for you must be regular brushing. Usually, you have to have your teeth washed at least 2 times per day if you wish to possess white and strong teeth. In curing gingivitis, brushing your teeth is also an indispensable action. The selection of the best toothpaste for your teeth and gums is a very important part, especially when you are having gums infection. Remember that if you are having gingivitis, you should choose toothpaste with mild effect, and when brushing, be sure you use the most suitable brush (usually fiber and soft brush) to avoid bleeding gums and brush your teeth as well as your gums gently with your soft brush.
Actually, this simple action can help to prevent bacteria from flourishing between your gums and teeth causing gums infection. Brushing your teeth daily will reduce 60% of gums infection and even reduce gums bleeding. To improve your gums condition, you should brush your teeth horizontally along the border between teeth and gums so that the bristles will go through the space between the gums and the teeth to take out plaque and leftover foods. By doing so, your gums can be stronger in the future.
24. Try Using Dental Floss
It must be said that the main reason leading to your gingivitis is your carelessness in doing teeth hygiene, especially after having meal, you usually use toothpick to remove leftover foods without being aware that this action can have bad influence on your gums. To be more specific, it can cause bleeding gums, hard pain, inflammation,… But you may get confused that without the toothpick, what would you do to do teeth hygiene? The answer is using dental floss. Usually, there exist plaques and food particles between teeth areas that brush may not reach to get them out. In this case, the best advice for you is to use dental floss to deal with this problem. When flossing, you will clean up even the smallest crevices, and it will help to mitigate the bacteria effect as well as its spread on your mouth and gums. Now, instead of using other harmful tools to get your gums clean, use dental floss to do teeth hygiene to get strong and healthy gums without worrying about gingivitis attack anymore.
25. Rinse Your Mouth Regularly
This may be familiar remedy because the last home remedies for gingivitis also considers rinsing, especially herbal rinsing, as one the most effective and safest ways to get rid of gingivitis. In this tip, you just need to remember that rinsing plays an important role in determining your gums situation, therefore, rinsing on a regular basis using suitable ingredients, your gums will be protected well and be free from gingivitis soon. You can try to use ingredient available around you to make mouthwash in order to rinse your mouth but be sure it is suitable for you and cause no harm to your gums and teeth. As a result, after a long time applying safe homemade mouthwash, your gums infection will have no chance to attack you. In case, you are not sure about such ingredient to make the rinse, you should consult dentist’s advice.
26. Keep Healthy Diet With Proper Nutrition
Believe it or not, your daily diet also plays an important role in treating gingivitis. The fact is, when your whole body is healthy, your gums and teeth will be healthy, too, therefore, you should pay attention to your diet regularly to supplement what your gums are lacking and remove what is harmful to your gums. You’d better consume foods rich with vitamin C, vitamin D, fiber such as beans, whole grains, fruits and green vegetable as fiber can improve your immune system without attacking bacteria on your mouth to nurture your healthy body from inside out, so that your body can be strong enough to combat with bacteria causing gingivitis. Besides, remember to combine this diet with careful hygiene and avoid using alcohol, sugar, caffeine because they can promote the plaque on your teeth and can weaken your immune system. In general, keep a good and healthy diet with full of healthy foods and drinks, your gums and teeth will always be as strong as possible.
27. Keep Good Habit
Actually, you should keep good habit in everything in your life, not just when facing with gingivitis or gums diseases. From your daily diet to your daily activities, always make sure that it is good for your health. You should consume healthy food and beverages without toxins, determine what kinds of ingredients are good for your health, keep positive behavior, use less caffeine, stop smoking… In taking care of your teeth and mouth, you have to always keep the habit of brushing your teeth at least twice per day, do not use harmful tools to deal with gums and teeth issues. And one more advice is that you should usually go to see your doctor to check your body’s health as well as consult the dentist for the best teeth hygiene. In general, you should always keep good habit in every aspect of your life to guarantee your happiest life as well as your strongest teeth without worrying about inflammation and infections.
Above home remedies are naturally made at home, therefore, if you are suffering from the pain of gingivitis, you should choose the best suitable remedies for yourself to get rid of gingivitis forever. According to 27 best natural at home remedies for gingivitis in humans, hopefully, you can eliminate the irritated gingivitis as well as keep gums healthy all the time. In addition, your pain and plaque will be removed immediately once you carry out using such remedies on a regular basis, your immune system will be improved apparently and your mouth’s condition will be strengthened and be kept far away from typical diseases, inflammation and infection for a long time. However, such remedies are accumulated for years, and you may be allergic to some ingredients, so to guarantee the best effect of such remedies on your gingivitis, you should also consult dentist’s advice before or during implementing these treatments to avoid unexpected outcome.
If you have any questions as well as opinion relating to this article, please feel free to leave them in the comment box.
For more helpful natural home remedies to treat other familiar health problems, you can visit our main Home Remedies page to get more other useful tips.