As you see, dry skin has an uncomfortable look. Rinsing the face sometimes doesn’t help any due to your skin’s inability to keep moisture and conditions such as the wind, winter season, air-conditioning and exposure to the sun only aggravate this problem further. Certainly, dry skin will require maximum moisturizing. Several creams that we use during winters have harmful chemicals. Using natural treatments are not only inexpensive but also quite effective in hydrating and nourishing dry skin. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce to you homemade moisturizer for dry skin with 16 natural solutions. All of the solutions in this article are collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin condition; hence, you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin!
Natural Moisturizer For Dry Skin: 16 Homemade Solutions
Honey that helps you reduce weight also helps you deal with dry skin.
Honey is a great homemade moisturizer for dry skin. It contains a great sweet taste. In addition, honey is natural humectants. Moreover, honey also contains antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties can fight several damages for skin. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Take honey (two tablespoons) in one small bowl and also take the same amount of water.
- Next, fade them well in that bowl.
- After that, take water (6-7 tablespoons) in this mixer and then fade it very well.
- Now, apply on your dry patched skin and allow it on the skin for ten minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off.
Buttermilk is also a perfect moisturizer for dry skin. Buttermilk has lactic acid, beta-hydroxy and alpha-hydroxy acids. These natural ingredients having in milk act as exfoliants on the skin. These natural ingredients break down and get rid of dead cells or dry from burned dry skin. Then, your skin looks moisturized and fresh. Here are detailed directions:
- Wet a soft cloth in milk and leave it on your dry itchy skin for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it off with luke water gently. Now, enjoy moisturized and younger great skin on your face.
Avocados are great natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin. Avocados have oil known as emollient. It also has high fats and vitamins A, E and D. These natural elements maintain skin moisturized and decrease wrinkles from your face skin. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Apply mashed avocados on your dry dehydrated skin and allow it for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Afterward, wash it off very well.
- Now, you will get a fresh and smooth face looking like gorgeous and younger.
4. Rose Petals
Surprisingly, rose petals are great natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin. Rose petals are good for dark and dry skin on your face and lips. Especially, it gets rid of the darkness from face and lips skin very gently. To use rose petals for the dry skin, here are step by step instructions:
- Take 2 tablespoons of milk and honey in a small bowl.
- Then take some fresh and natural rose petals with milk and honey.
- Create a paste with blender.
- After that, apply the natural paste on your itchy or parched skin for around 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off.
5. Wheat Germ Moisturizer
Another natural moisturizer for dry skin is using wheat germ. Chamomile helps soften the dry skin and the aroma also helps create a soothing experience. The vitamin E in wheat germ may be beneficial for your skin which has been damaged such as scarring or stretch marks.
Here are detailed guides:
- 1 cup of dried chamomile
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 8 tablespoons of wheat germ
- Combine the milk and dried chamomile. Leave them to soak together for about two hours.
- Strain this chamomile out.
- Add the wheat germ and honey. Mix all ingredients into one creamy lotion.
- Then apply the paste to your skin. Wait five minutes, then rinse.
- The leftover paste may be refrigerated for up to one week.
6. Honey And Yogurt Moisturizer
The combination of honey and yogurt is also a perfect natural moisturizer for dry skin. Honey is antibacterial and helps also get rid of dead skin cells. Yogurt softens and soothes the skin while decreasing the appearance of pores. Egg whites will absorb excess oil from your skin without drying it out. For the positive results, what you need to do:
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- Put your egg whites in one bowl and then beat them till whipped.
- Next, squeeze your lemon juice into that bowl, later add the remaining ingredients and then mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your skin. After about 15 minutes, rinse off.
7. Oatmeal Moisturizer
Oatmeal is also great as a natural cleanser and scrub for your face. Generally, it can also be applied as a facial mask in order to soothe irritated skin. In addition, it helps repair the dry skin and can also help to control your acne. Oatmeal baths are also good for treating chickenpox and eczema.
- ½ cup of oats
- 4 tablespoons of whole milk
- Grind your oats to one fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Add the whole milk and ground oats into a bowl. Mix well.
- Apply the mask to the face. Wait about 15 minutes, then wash.
8. Avocado And Apricot Moisturizer
The combination of avocado and apricot is a wonderful moisturizer for dry skin. For the better results, you can do as follows:
- 1 oz beeswax
- 1/2 oz avocado oil
- 1 oz sweet almond oil
- 1 1/2 oz apricot oil
- Four drops tincture of benzoin
- An oz orange flower water
- Place all of the oils and beeswax together in one glass bowl and then place in one hot water bath.
- When all of these ingredients have melted together get rid of from the heat.
- Add the benzoin and orange flower water and beat vigorously till cool and solidified into one cream. Place in one jar, then cover and refrigerate. After that, apply this homemade moisturizer to your skin, then rinse.
9. Honey And Egg Moisturizer
Another natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin is using honey and egg together. For the best results, what you need to do:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Mix all of these ingredients together and next, apply to your skin, avoiding your eye area and mouth.
- Allow on for around 10 to 15 minutes and finally, wash off thoroughly using tepid water.
10. Brown Sugar
Using brown sugar is also an effective moisturizer for dry skin. Brown sugar has natural emollients which softens the skin and also imparts a luminous shine to your skin. Aloe vera gel helps soothe your dry skin. Sweet almond oil and sunflower oil has a high amount of vitamin E which deeply moisturizes your skin as well as instantly relieves the skin dryness. Here is step by step instruction:
- 1 egg yolk
- White sugar or brown sugar
- Filtered water
- Sweet almond oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Refined sunflower oil
- Boil water (1/4 cup) in one small saucepan on one low flame. Add sugar (1 teaspoon), aloe vera gel (1 teaspoon), sweet almond oil (2 tablespoons) and sunflower oil (2 tablespoons).
- Stir till sugar has completely dissolved in water. Afterward, remove from heat and allow being cool slightly.
- Now, massage this moisturizer on the skin with your fingers.
11. Cocoa Butter
Coconut oil is loaded with fats and vitamins that soften your skin. Cocoa butter mixed with coconut oil protects your skin from cold and wind. This natural moisturizer for dry skin makes a protective layer on your skin’s surface. Olive oil moisturizes and smoothes the skin. The oil of sesame is also a good way in order to protect from damaging sun rays since it may be used as one natural sun blocker. Here are detailed guides:
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter
- Beeswax (grated) (2 tablespoons)
- Distilled water (2 teaspoons)
- Sesame oil (3 tablespoons)
- Coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Mix beeswax with water and then melt over low heat
- After that, add cocoa butter and then blend
- Gradually add sesame, coconut and olive oil
- Pour into one glass jar, the mixture will thicken when it cools down
- Apply on your body
12. Yogurt Moisturizing Mask
This mask is a great natural moisturizer for dry skin. Almond oil helps moisturize your skin. Orange juice helps provide the skin with vitamin C and yogurt rejuvenates and nourishes your skin. For the satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Two spoons of plain yogurt
- Two spoons of orange juice
- One spoon of almond oil
- Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly and maintain stirring until the mixture becomes thick.
- Then, apply the mask on your cleansed skin, avoiding your eyes area.
- Wait for about twenty minutes. Finally, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
13. Moisturizing Oats Mask
Oats exfoliate your skin as well as help you remove dull skin. Banana is a powerful source of nutrients, vitamins and fruit enzymes that promote your healthy skin that glows. Milk hydrates the skin. Honey is a natural antioxidant and moisturizer that is known to treat and prevent dry skin. Here is step by step direction:
- Banana (one-half)
- Four spoons of ground oats
- One spoon of honey
- One spoon of milk
- Smash one half of a banana and then mix it with oats and honey. Make sure that the paste thus made is a consistent one.
- Afterward, add milk and apply this mask on your skin
- Wait for about 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water using gentle circular motions.
14. Chocolate Moisturizing Mask
Another natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin is using chocolate mask. Cacao powder is high in antioxidants. Almond along with milk cream hydrates your skin thoroughly as well as prevents dryness. This mask will leave your skin bright and clean.
- Two spoons of cacao powder
- Two spoons of milk cream
- All of these ingredients should be blended in one blender to create a smooth paste.
- Afterward, apply on your face and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with tepid water.
15. Egg Moisturizing Mask
This mask is a perfect natural moisturizer for dry skin. Egg contains essential fatty acids which will make the skin smooth and soft. Olive oil is also a wonderful natural moisturizer for dry skin. Egg white along with apple cider vinegar promotes firming the skin for a fast facelift. For the desirable results, what you need to do:
- Three spoons of olive oil (extra virgin)
- Egg white (one)
- One spoon of apple cider vinegar
- Add vinegar and olive oil. Whip one egg white and then add it to this mixture.
- Apply on your face and wait for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
16. Coconut Oil Moisturizing Mask
For the best results, here are detailed directions:
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Using the fingers, gently apply the solution to the entire face in one circular motion.
- Allow this mixture to harden and dry for around 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water to moisturize, hydrate and plump up the aging skin.
If you want to know more about natural skin care tips and at home remedies for skin problems, go to our main Skin Care page. After reading the article of natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin: 16 solutions, hope that it can help you find out the best solutions to help you cope with dry skin fast without any side effect. All these solutions are very effective in treating dry skin. However, these ways will take some times to treat dry skin but their results are long lasting. If you have any question, or you know other solutions for the dry skin, please leave them below. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other dry skin treating solutions to us.