Flaky and dry skin is one common problem in the winter time. Dry and cold winter air will suck the life out of smooth and silky skin. Some factors contributing to dry skin include aging, a genetic predisposition and nutritional deficiencies. There are lots moisturizers and lotions on the market to fight off dry skin, however, most of them come are expensive. Natural treatments are not only inexpensive, but also quite effective in hydrating and nourishing dry skin. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce you 25 simple ways on how to treat dry skin on face and body naturally. All of the ways in this article is collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin condition; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 25 simple ways on how to treat dry skin naturally!
25 Simple Ways On How To Treat Dry Skin On Face & Body Naturally That Work
1. How to Treat Dry Skin – Milk Cream
Surprisingly, the lactic acid in milk cream will help exfoliate dry skin. In addition, its soothing nature also helps maintain the delicate pH levels of your skin. Plus, the milk cream is also a great moisturizer. Here are detailed directions on how to treat dry skin on face & body naturally with milk cream:
- Mix lemon juice (some drops), milk (one teaspoon) and milk cream (two teaspoons). Rub it on your legs and hands. Allow it on for about a while before taking a shower. It is suggested to do this way once every day.
- Alternatively, you can add enough milk cream to gram flour (about 3-4 tablespoons) to create a thick paste. Then apply this paste on the face, hands and legs. Allow it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water. You should do this once every day.
2. How to Treat Dry Skin – Olive Oil
Seeking on how to treat dry skin with natural ingredients, you should not pass olive oil.
Olive oil has many antioxidants as well as healthy fatty acids, which are good and effective for your skin.
It can condition and soothe dry skin all over the body. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Dab a thin extra virgin olive oil layer under your regular moisturizer.
- About 30 minutes before taking a bath, rub some olive oil on the hands, legs and other parts with dry skin and lightly massage. Take a shower and later apply a light moisturizer.
- Alternatively, you can mix equal amounts of fine brown sugar and olive oil. Then rub this homemade scrub on the dry skin using circular, light motions for some minutes. After that, take a shower and later apply a light moisturizer.
3. How To Treat Dry Skin With Honey
Honey is one of the best natural moisturizers due to its antimicrobial, antioxidant and humectant properties. Therefore, it helps in locking in moisture in order to make your skin extra smooth and solf. Plus, honey contains many essential minerals and vitamins helping improve your skin’s health. Here are step by step directions on how to treat dry skin with honey.
- Before taking a shower or bath, rub honey all over the body and allow it on for around 5 to 10 minutes. You had better repeat every day to get well-moisturized skin.
- Measure out equal parts of unprocessed honey, beeswax, and olive oil. Then, melt the beeswax in one small pot for low heat. After that, remove it from that heat and mix in this honey and then this olive oil. Apply the mixture all over the body and allow it on for about 10 minutes. Finally, take a shower. You should repeat every day or every other day.
4. How to Treat Dry Skin – Milk
Milk has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that greatly help remove dry and itchy skin. In addition, the lactic acid present in milk will exfoliate dead skin cells as well as increase your skin’s ability in order to retain moisture. Plus, it helps lighten the complexion too. How to treat dry skin with milk? What you need to do:
- Dip one washcloth in cold milk and next put this cloth on the dry skin for around five to seven minutes. Gently rinse off the milk with another cloth immersed in lukewarm water. The natural moisturizer will maintain on your skin. You had better do this way every other day.
- Alternatively, you can add rose water (a few drops) and lemon juice (a few drops) to milk (four tablespoons). Rub the solution all over the body. Allow it on for about 10 minutes and rinse your body off with cold water. It is recommended to follow this remedy two times every day.
5. How To Treat Dry Skin With Yogurt
Yogurt is an effective skin-hydrating agent. Furthermore, its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help soothe itchy and dry skin. Plus, its lactic acid content will help remove any bacteria or germs that may cause itchiness or dryness. Here are detailed directions on how to treat dry skin naturally with yogurt:
- Apply fresh yogurt on the hands, face and legs and then gently massaging it into the skin. Allow it on for about 10 minutes and finally take a shower or bath. The mild exfoliating action in yogurt will get rid of dry skin as well as leave your skin refreshed. You should do this once every day.
- Alternatively, mix yogurt (one-half cup) and mashed papaya (three tablespoons). Stir in some drops each of lemon juice and honey. Apply it on the skin and allow it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. You should use this method once per week.
6. How to Treat Dry Skin – Coconut Oil
Using coconut oil is really effective and good for treating dry skin. Especially, it contains a good amount of fatty acids making up for any moisture loss from your skin. Here are step by step directions on how to treat dry skin naturally with coconut oil:
- Liberally apply a little warm coconut oil all over the body before going to bed. In the morning, wash it off. You should do this simple remedy every day to make your skin smooth and soft.
- Apply coconut oil on the dry skin after taking a shower or bath. When your skin is supple and warm from the bath, this oil is more readily absorbed. You had better do this every day.
7. How to Treat Dry Skin – Avocado
Avocado is loaded with fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins that help improve your skin from the inside. The rich vitamin A content also repairs to restore silky and smooth skin and helps in skin maintenance as well. For the best result, what you need to do:
- Mash an avocado pulp into a smooth paste. Then rub this paste all over the dry skin. Let it stay on your skin for around 10 to 15 minutes and finally, wash it off with cold water. This process should be repeated once every day.
- Mash 1/2 of 1 ripe avocado and stir in honey (one-half cup). Apply this mixture on the dry skin and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes before washing it off. You should apply the hydrating face mask about once or twice per week.
- Alternatively, you can also consume an avocado smoothie glass every day to increase the intake of healthy fats, which will help maintain your skin moisturized and hydrated as well.
8. How To Treat Dry Skin With Oatmeal
Using oatmeal helps in moisturizing and relieving dry skin. The rich protein content of oatmeal leaves one protective barrier on your skin, which helps maintain moisture and prevent water loss as well. In addition, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are good and effective for the overall health of the skin. Here are easy methods on how to treat dry skin with oatmeal:
- Pour plain oatmeal (one cup) into the bathtub filled with enough amounts of warm water. Add lavender oil (a few drops) afterwards. Soak in this bath water for around 15 to 30 minutes. You should enjoy this soothing bath about once a week.
- You can also prepare a face mask by mixing a mashed ripe banana with ground oatmeal (one cup) and then adding lukewarm milk (a little bit). After that, apply the smooth mixture on the dry skin and allow it on for around 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. You had better use this face mask about once a week.
9. How to Treat Dry Skin – Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great source of vitamin E and, thus, is considered the best lubricator and emollient for dry skin. In addition, its antioxidant property is very good for the skin’s overall health. Plus, this oil is easily absorbed in your skin, because it is non-greasy. Here are detailed instructions on how to treat dry skin with almond oil:
- Gently warm up a little pure almond oil. Then lightly massage the body with this warm oil about 30 minutes before taking a shower. After taking a bather when the skin is still damp, you apply some light moisturizer. It is recommended to do this way once every day.
- Alternatively, you can enjoy a glass of warm milk combined with almond oil (one teaspoon) before going to bed. You had better follow every night in order to enjoy healthier skin and sound sleep as well.
10. How To Treat Dry Skin With Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains soothing, antifungal and antiseptic properties that can help fight irritated, dry skin and prevent flaking as well. This simple remedy will help moisturize your skin as well as form one protective layer that will maintain the skin free from any type of impurities. For the most beneficial results, you can use it as follows:
- Cut open a fresh leaf of aloe vera and next squeeze the gel out from it.
- Then apply the gel on the dry skin. Allow it to sit for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You should do this method two times every day.
Try these simple remedies to alleviate the discomfort coming from dry skin and improve its natural smooth and soft texture.
11. Castor Oil And Olive Oil
To bring a smooth and soft texture to the skin and get rid of its dryness, you should try a mixture of olive oil and castor oil. Here are step by step directions on how to treat dry skin on face & body naturally with this combination:
- Blend olive oil (three parts) with castor oil (one part).
- Apply this mixture on your face and on other areas of the body where your skin is dry.
- Next soak one clean washcloth in some hot water, and later squeeze it.
- After that, place this cloth over your body parts where having applied this oil mixture.
- Allow it to remain till it cools down.
- You can repeat this process at least 2-3 times until your skin feels smooth and soft.
12. Barley Flour, Mustard Oil, And Turmeric Powder
This combination will make your skin soft, silky, and fair. Here are easy steps on how to treat dry skin naturally with this combination:
- Take 2 table spoons of barley flour
- Next add one table spoon of turmeric powder
- Then add 2 tea spoons of mustard oil
- Add water after that
- Mix well to create a paste
- Apply this paste on your affected skin parts
- Leave it for about 10 minutes
- Scrub it off with the palms
- Finally bathe with lukewarm water
13. How To Treat Dry Skin With Chocolate Mask
Give the skin one chocolaty texture by using a chocolate mask. For the best results, all you need to do is make a mixture of cocoa powder (5 tablespoons), mashed avocado (2 tablespoons) and about four tablespoons of honey. Then apply this mixture on the face and body to have a glowing and soft skin as it will help to decrease blemishes and marks from the skin.
Pages: 1 2