Commonly, warts are a skin problem that can appear anywhere on your body. They may grow in singly or clusters and have one rough skin surface. The HPV (human papilloma virus) causes warts. There are a lot of different kinds of warts. They are plantar warts, common warts and flat warts. In most cases, they tend to go away within a period of six months to two years. You can remove them sooner by using some simple home remedies. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 26 natural home remedies for warts removal on hands & other body parts without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of the warts from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 26 home remedies for warts removal in more detail!
Top 26 Natural Home Remedies For Warts Removal On Hands & Other Body Parts
1. Baking Soda
Looking for the natural home remedies for warts, you should not pass baking soda. Baking soda contains strong anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties that help to fight off the viruses causing warts. Here are step by step detailed directions to use baking soda for warts removal:
- Take one teaspoon each of baking soda and white vinegar
- Then mix it well to create it like one thick paste (add enough amount of baking soda to make paste) and after that dab it on the warts for two times a day.
- Keep it like that and follow it regularly in order to get relief from your warts.
- Take baking soda (a tablespoon) and add this to enough amount of castor oil.
- Then mix together to make a paste and afterwards apply this paste on your wart affected area.
- Now cover your applied area with one bandage and allow it for entire night.
- Remove the bandage in next morning, and then slightly clean your area by using a clean cotton ball.
- You should continue doing this process daily for a few days till the warts are gone.
- Take baking soda (a tablespoon) and dissolve it in water to create it like one fine solution.
- Later wash your warts in that solution.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- Wash it off and repeat often until your warts are gone completely.
Garlic is also considered among one of the most effective home remedies for warts removal. Garlic contains antiviral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help to combat the virus causing warts. For the better results, what you need to do:
- First of all, take a clove of garlic and crush it
- Then apply this on your affected area and next cover it with a bandage
- Allow for around 20 – 25 minutes and finally wash it off thoroughly.
- It is recommended to repeat the process two times a day for about one week to remove the warts.
- Another option is to use supplements form of garlic like taking capsules for three times a day for one week.
- Or simply you can eat few cloves of garlic daily to get rid of this problem.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best home remedies for warts is using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that deal with warts efficiently. In addition, it soothes your wart affected area as well as makes it go away from your body easily. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Take apple cider vinegar (2 parts) and dilute it in water (1 part)
- Stir it well and then apply this solution on your wart affected area with a clean cotton ball.
- Wrap the applied area with one tape or bandage and keep it like that for several hours or for the entire night.
- You should repeat this process regularly for a couple of weeks for instant results.
One of the simplest home remedies for warts removal is potato. This vegetable is very rich in vitamins, minerals and contains small amounts of protein and fiber as well. Here are detailed guides to use potato for removing warts:
- Wash one potato properly and then cut it into a thick slice. Place the slice on the wart and rub it letting this juice coat your wart. Do the process for a few minutes. You had better repeat this remedy 2-3 times per day.
- Crush or grate a potato and then extract its juice. After that, apply this to the warts 2-3 times per day.
- At night, before going to bed, you place a potato slice on your wart and wrap it with tape or bandage. In the morning, remove it.
5. Witch Hazel
Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial agents, witch hazel is also considered as one of the most excellent home remedies for warts. Here are step by step directions to use it for treating warts at home:
- First of all, pour few witch hazel extract on to one cotton ball.
- Then apply this solution to your warts.
- You should repeat 2-3 times per day.
- Continue until you remove warts completely.
6. Milkweed Juice
Milkweed juice is also useful in treating warts. This herb has such properties as diaphoretic, subtonic, alterative, diuretic, laxative, escharotic, expectorant, carminative, anti-pleuritic, stomachic, anti-spasmodic, anti-rheumatic, anti-syphilitic and astringent properties. For satisfied results, you can do as follows:
- Wash your affected areas and then use a pumice stone to file gently your wart.
- Get a few sap of milkweed. For this, you may break milkweed leaves and squeeze the bottom of the stems.
- After that, apply this sap to the warts.
- Allow and forget just to reapply after a few hours.
There are many other healthy home remedies for warts removal presented in this article, so continue reading!
7. Pineapple Juice
Seeking the natural home remedies for warts, you should not pass pineapple juice. This juice softens your wart as it contains high acidity levels and one special enzyme in order to dissolve the warts. To use it for curing warts, what you need to do:
- Take one piece of pineapple peel. Then place this on the wart inside out, its soft portion had better touch your wart. Cover this with a tape or bandage and next go to sleep. Remove the peel in the morning, and rinse off with warm water. You should repeat this way every day until your wart falls off.
- Another option is to take some pineapple juice in one bowl. Soak the wart affected skin in the juice for around 3-5 minutes. Rinse off and finally pat dry. It is suggested to repeat 3-4 times per day.
- Simply, you just soak one cotton ball in this juice and then place this to the warts. Wrap it with something like cloth or bandage. Remove this cotton ball after around 5 minutes. It is recommended to repeat this 3-4 times per day.
8. Aloe Vera
This plant is very high in anti-inflammatory properties which help to soothe your warts affected area and also cures the problem when applied regularly for two weeks minimum. Here are detailed guides you can follow at home to use aloe vera in proper ways for treating warts:
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it in order to extract its gel
- Then, apply this gel on your warts with one clean cotton ball and cover it with tape or bandage it to keep the cotton ball over your wart.
- Allow it for about some hours or for entire night and take it off the tape or bandage to remove this cotton ball.
- You should follow up this process till you get instant relief from the problem of warts.
- Simply, you can buy the gel of aloe vera at drug stores and then use this to rub on your warts for several times per day.
9. Tea Tree Oil
This oil is also one of the greatest home remedies for warts. It contains strong antiviral properties that combat against the virus causing the warts and gets rid of it naturally. Especially, it easily absorbed by your skin and immediately begins the action of battling against the virus causing the problem of warts. For the positive results, what you need to do:
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and then add this to either carrier oil or aloe vera gel or water
- Stir it well and then apply this on your warts affected area.
- Let it sit like that.
- Make sure that you should apply the diluted tea tree oil for some times per day and especially at bedtime.
- Reapply daily to clear your warts problem completely.
10. Castor Oil
This oil can be used to treat a lot of skin disorders including warts. Especially, ricinoleic acid present in castor oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that act best on flat, small, warts on your face as well as back of the hands. Here are detailed steps to us this oil for warts removal:
- Take small amount of this oil and then apply it on the warts for a few times per day.
- Remember that your affected area is thoroughly covered and soaked with this oil
- Ensure to apply this before you go to bed by soaking one cotton ball in the oil and tape it over your wart affected area.
- Clean your wart and then soak it in warm water for some minutes and rub it by using a pumice stone to clear your dead skin in the morning.
- You had better do this process daily for a couple of days until your warts become dark as well as gradually fall off.
One of the most popular home remedies for warts is using honey. Honey has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that help to cure the warts. Here it is better to apply Manuka honey.
- Firstly, file away your wart if you can and next cover it thoroughly by using a thick honey layer.
- Secure it with a cloth piece around it and allow it for around 24 hours, then changing the bandage and reapplying your honey every day to get clear your warts.
12. Banana Peel
Banana peel is also considered as one of the effective home remedies for warts. Banana peel has strong antioxidant property which successfully deals with the warts problem. In addition, peel contains oils and chemicals will help to dissolve your warts and enhance your immune system to kill off the viral infections causing it. For the expected results, what you need to do:
- Take a banana and then take off its peel and cut one piece of banana peel
- Afterwards, tape the peel over your affected area as often as possible but especially before bedtime.
- Leave it for entire night and in the morning take it off.
- It is better to use peels of green banana rather than peels of ripe banana to remove the problem.
- Or simply, you can use the peel in order to rub it on your affected area with one fresh slice of banana.
- A number of reapplication of the process will depend on the type and size of the warts.
- You should continue doing this remedy for some days to some weeks to get clear your warts problems.
13. Fig Sap
Using fig sap is a folk remedy for treating warts. Here are step by step instructions to use fig sap for warts removal:
- Break a thin sprig or a leaf from a fig tree.
- Then, squeeze the exposed, bottom part, of its stem where you can see one white thick liquid. It is the fig tree latex which can be called fig milk or sap too.
- Now, apply your milk to the warts. In several minutes, the latex will dry out as well as become one glue like substance.
- Then forget it.
- Apply this two times per day.
- It will take around 7-10 days in order to burn out your warts.
14. Dandelion Juice
One of the most popular home remedies for warts is using dandelion juice. For the best results, what you need to do:
- First of all, get a dandelion leaf, flower or a part of its root or stem.
- Then squeeze the stem of the leave or flower or any other part which you have got.
- When you squeeze, you will be able to see one milk like drop.
- Now touch your wart with the drop and allow it to dry out.
- You should repeat several times per day.
- This problem will gradually turn black as well as will eventually drop off.
15. Basil Leaves
Generally, the holy basil contains anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that make it a good skin friendly herb. Therefore, it is also one of the best home remedies for warts removal. For the best results, what you need to do:
- A handful of Basil leaves (preferably fresh)
- Pestle and mortar (or anything that can crush the leaves)
- Cloth or bandage
- Crush the leaves of basil. Use some water if required. You need one thick paste of the leaves.
- Then apply this basil leaves paste on the warts.
- Wrap this with bandage or cloth.
- Allow it for as long as you possible.
- Reapply basil paste after sometime.
- You should repeat this remedy throughout the day until you remove wart.
Chickweed is also one of the best home remedies for warts removal. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- First of all, crush the chickweed with a little water.
- Then apply the crushed chickweed top the warts.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Allow for some hours.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times per day.
17. Apple Juice
The apple juice is a powerful source of magnesium and especially can be applied externally or taken internally to clear the infection. Here are step by step instructions to use apple juice for removing warts:
- First of all, slice the outer covering of your warts and then apply the apple juice over it
- Allow it like that and you can repeat it as needed
- Or simply, you take few freshly cut slices of onion and then soak it in this apple juice
- After that, place it over your affected area and put few salt over this slices for additional benefit
- You can reapply this process three times a day so that your warts will fade away soon.
18. Hot Water
Generally, hot water soaking will help soften your warts and also helps them to heal very fast. Especially, slightly hot water soak can help to combat against the virus and thereby prevent the infection. To use it for removing warts, you can do as follows:
- Firstly, slough your affected skin area with a pumice stones or emery board for effective results.
- Afterwards, soak the warts troubled area by placing them in one tub of warm water.
- You may also add either some Epsom salt or white vinegar to this hot water and dip it for several minutes
- Repeat this two times a day to clear your warts very quickly.
Keep reading this writing to discover other effective home remedies for warts removal.
Carrots are very in anti-oxidants, vitamins A, C, K and potassium which stimulate the renewal and regeneration of cells and it boost the immune system to combat against the pathogens causing the skin irritation and inflammation. Here are some steps to use carrot for wart removal:
- First of all, take some fresh carrots and then extract its juice with blender and you can add other vegetables if needed.
- Then apply this juice directly on your warts affected area for several times per day
- This process helps to fight off the virus responsible for your occurrence of warts
- Or drink a fresh carrot every day to boost your immune system.
- Or consume the carrot juice two times a day in order get relief from your warts.
- Take one fresh carrot and next grate it finely
- Add sufficient of olive oil to create it like one paste and then dab this paste on your wart
- Allow it on for around 30 minutes and wash it off thoroughly
- Then, pat dry the skin and reapply this two times a day for 2 – 3 weeks minimum to get rid of this problem.
Turmeric has an active element called curcumin that contains anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that help to fight off the HPV virus causing the warts. For instant results, what you need to do:
- Take enough amount of turmeric and then mix it well with some water to form it like one fine paste
- Apply the paste directly on your warts troubled area of the skin
- Allow it on in order to get dry for a few minutes and finally wash it off thoroughly.
- You can repeat this method as needed to clear your warts problem.
- Take turmeric powder (few teaspoons) and add your olive oil to it
- Then mix it well to create it like one paste and apply the paste on your warts affected area after rinsing and drying your skin.
- Allow it on for around 2-2 hours or during the day but make sure to cover this applied area with medical tape and bandage.
- You should repeat the process regularly to remove the warts.
21. Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil contains omega – 3 fatty acids, vitamin B, fiber, zinc, potassium, lecithin and magnesium that makes the product in order to turn into one genuine immunity enhancing cocktail which effectively relieves warts and boost your skin’s recovery from it. For treating warts, you can do as follows:
- Take small amount of flaxseed oil and next apply it directly on your warts affected part.
- Let it stay for few minutes and finally rinse it with plain water
- Repeat this remedy as necessary to remove the warts.
- Or simply, you can use this orally by taking its capsules available at pharmacies or drug.
- Ensure to stick to the suggested daily dose in order to prevent any side effects.
Lemon juice is also considered among one of the best natural home remedies for warts. Lemons have acidity and a great source of pH which helps to break down your warts gradually by detoxifying the warts tissue and also makes it to go away within few weeks.
How to use it for warts removal?
- Take a lemon and next to squeeze its juice on your warts, ensure that this juice must cover all over your warts affected area
- Or you can squeeze this juice in one bowl and immerse one cotton ball on it and then place it on your warts.
- Next take an onion and then chop it to place on this lemon juice applied warts part. Onions can boost the effectiveness of this lemon juice cure in preventing the warts.
- Allow it like that for around half an hour by covering this area with onion pieces.
- Wash it off by using water and repeat this remedy once a day for around 2 – 3 weeks.
23. Vitamin E Or A Oil
Vitamin A or E oil helps to kill off the virus and also softens your wart area to remove the problem. Hera is easy steps to use it you can follow at home:
- First, take vitamin A or E capsules and then break them in order to extract its oil.
- After that, rub a little oil on your warts affected area and secure it with the help of an adhesive bandage.
- Next remove the bandage at night in order to allow it to breathe and then begin over with this oil in the next morning.
- You should continue doing this remedy every day to get relief from your warts.
24. Vitamin C
Vitamin C contains high acidic nature which helps to wear your warts away and also battles against the virus. To obtain satisfied results, you can use it as follows:
- Take 2 – 3 tablets of vitamin C in one bowl and then crush them evenly
- Later add little water to this and mix it well to make a fine paste
- Apply the paste on your warts affected area by gently rubbing it
- Wrap your applied area with one bandage and keep it like that for some hours or for entire night.
- Repeat this remedy without any problem regularly in order to get relief from your warts within few days.
25. Mullein Flowers
These flowers contain gum, resin, glucoside, some fatty matter, phosphoric acid, free acid along with some volatile oil and mineral salts. All its elements make mullein flowers as one of the best home remedies for warts. For the expected results, you can do as follows:
- Crush the flowers with a little bit of water to make some mullein juice. Then apply this to the warts 3-4 times per day.
- Prepare some mullein tea by steeping the flowers of mullein in hot water for a few minutes. Make it one strong tea. Then soak a cotton ball in the tea and place it on the warts. Wrap with bandage and allow for several hours. You should repeat 3-4 times per day.
- Create mullein oil by infusing these flowers in olive oil. Allow the oil steep in the sun for 21 days minimum. Strain and keep in glass bottles. Afterwards, apply this oil to your warts 3-4 times per day.
26. Naturally Boost Immunity to Prevent And Treat Warts
Certainly, a weakened immune system can make you susceptible to common warts. On the other hand, a strong immune system can trigger the creation of antibodies that combat the HPV virus as soon as it begins infecting you. Hence, you need to enhance the immune system, naturally though, through your diet. What you need to do:
- Have a lot of fresh and raw broccoli and cabbage.
- Include more raw garlic in the meals.
- Along with garlic, add more onions too.
- Increase the intake of the fresh lemon juice. Or simply, you can add the lemon juice to your gravies, salads, etc.
- Have oranges, at one, daily. You need to increase the intake of vitamin C.
- Have one banana daily. It is high in potassium that can kill off virus.
- Before beginning the treatment, you had better know that whether your skin eruption is one wart or other condition. There are several other skin conditions which look like warts including moles, dots seeds, etc. so ensure that you are facing the problem of warts only and then begin the treatment for it.
- Make sure to look for medical advice from a doctor, if the warts are multiplying rapidly or painful.
- Avoid touching your warts because the virus causing warts may spread easily from you to other through cuts, wounds hangnail, and other scratches in the skin’s surface. Also, remember to clean your hands thoroughly with hot water and soap once after every contact with this problem as well as its surrounding areas.
- Try to cover your scrapes and cuts, so that the problem of warts won’t get the chance in order to get inside your skin as well as spread its kingdom to other parts of the body.
- Have a balanced diet including the food like rice, whole-grain breads, sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, broccoli, red meats, garlic, oranges, scallions, onions, etc. to strengthen your immune system that battles against the viral infection.
- Add zinc in your diet that helps to ward off your warts. So eat more food which has zinc like collards, cucumbers, spinach, parsley and Brussels sprouts.
- Tea has tannic acid that helps zap warts as well. Simply, you just need to press one used tea bag down on your warts for around 15 minutes once daily to clear the warts.
- White cabbage is believed to remove the warts. Apply this on your affected area either the pieces of white cabbage or its juice. Or simply, you can add this to your diet in order to get rid of the warts.
- Essential oils also help heal and restoration of your skin before and after getting rid of warts. Oils like lavender oil, canola oil, clove oil, lemon essential oil, wheat germ oil, frankincense oil, etc. have to be used on your warts by rubbing oil (few drops) on it.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 26 natural home remedies for warts removal on hands & other body parts, hope you find your effective home remedy for treating warts soon and remove your painful skin infection quickly. Follow these tips and remedies that discussed in this writing to prevent the problem of warts and its spreading to other people. If it not cured, then ensure to consult your doctor for medical advice.
If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for warts removal, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural warts remedies to us.