Honey is also one of home remedies for swollen glands. This is because honey contains anti-inflammatory properties. Regular use of honey can help to alleviate pain and swelling. Moreover, the antibacterial properties of honey are beneficial in fighting against the infection that increases the risk of swollen glands.
Here are the ways you can use honey to treat swollen glands.
Method 1: Lemon juice and honey
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add it into a glass of warm water
- Add one or two teaspoons of honey into this lemon juice
You should drink this lemon juice twice daily for one week to see the satisfactory result. It is a great idea if you drink one glass of lemon juice in the morning with your empty stomach. It can help to cleanse your body system, remove the impurities from your body and boost the immunity system.
Method 2: Topical application of honey
Honey can be used topically to treat swollen glands.
- Apply a little honey to the affected area
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
You should apply honey two or three times a day. If it works, the symptoms of honey will disappear whiten one week.
Looking for home remedies for swollen glands and pain, you should not ignore Echinacea. It contains anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Therefore, using Echinacea can help to make the lymph system stronger, fight the infection causing swollen glands and get rid of impurities from the lymph nodes and the blood.
Here are the ways you can use Echinacea to treat swollen glands.
- Spread some Echinacea ointment and cream over the swollen areas three times daily for one week to get a significant relief
- Drink two cups of Echinacea tea per day for one week. You should not drink more than one week because it can lead to some unwanted side effects
- Take 300 mg of Echinacea supplements twice daily for one week. However, before taking this supplement, it is important for you to consult your doctor carefully to prevent unwanted side effects
Before using Echinacea as one of effective home remedies for swollen glands, it is important to know that taking this herb for more than one week can result in some unwanted side effects and lead to health conditions. Therefore, you should use Echinacea carefully. People who get diagnosed with autoimmune disorders should avoid using this herb.
Many herbalists suggest that patient with swollen glands should use cleavers to find a significant relief and fasten the healing process. Cleavers is also known as sticky weed or goosegrass. This therapeutic herb can help to stimulate the lymphatic system and keep this system function well. Moreover, cleavers are beneficial in reducing swelling.
Here are the ways on how to use cleavers to treat swollen glands.
- Put two tablespoons of cleavers into a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for 10 minutes
- Strain the liquid
- Drink this solution two or three times daily until you see the great improvement
- Add 30 drops of cleavers tincture into a glass of water
- Drink this solution daily until the symptoms of swollen glands disappear
People with some certain health conditions should avoid using cleavers because of its unwanted side effects. Therefore, you should consult your doctor before taking cleavers.
If you drink lemon juice in the morning with your empty stomach, it can help to cleanse your body and remove the impurities from your body system. Moreover, drinking lemon juice can help to fight against the infections that cause swollen glands. Lemon juice is an effective home remedy that can treat swollen glands caused by sore throat. In order to make this juice, you just need to squeeze a lemon to take its juice. Add this juice into a glass of warm water. To make its sweet and enhance the benefit of lemon in treating swollen glands, you should add one or two teaspoons of honey into this lemon juice. Besides drinking lemon juice, there are many methods of using lemon to treat swollen glands.
Here are the ways on how to use lemon to treat swollen glands.
- Cut a lemon into two halves
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over one half of lemon
- Lick it
You should to this treatment three times a week for one week until the symptoms of swollen glands disappear completely.
- Add lemon juice in a glass of water
- Use this solution to gargle your throat
This treatment should be repeated daily to get a good result.
9. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper can work as a natural stimulant; therefore, it can reduce the risk of swollen glands. It is recommended drinking three cups of cayenne pepper tea daily to treat swollen glands.
Here is the instruction on how to make cayenne pepper tea to treat swollen lymph
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of powdered cayenne pepper in a glass of warm water
- Add one tablespoon of honey into it
You should drink this tea until the symptoms of swollen lymph disappear completely.
10. Tea Bags
Tea bags are also one of home remedies for swollen glands that I would like to introduce to you in this article. It can help to eliminate the pain and relieve the swelling.
- Dip some tea bags in hot water for a few minutes
- Apply these tea bags to the swollen areas
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before removing it
This treatment is required to repeat two or three times daily.