Kidney stones are a common health problem. Some causes of kidney stones include excessive consumption of vitamin D, dehydration, a mineral imbalance, an improper diet and gout. Other symptoms like one desire to urinate frequently, nausea, painful urination, excessive sweating and vomiting. There are a lot of over-the-counter medicines for treating ringworm; however, they can take a lot of time and are not always effective. Instead, you should try some natural home remedies helping provide relief in just several days more. In this article, AllRemedies.com show you top 17 natural home remedies for kidney stones pain without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of kidney stones from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 17 home remedies for kidney stones in more detail!
Top 17 Natural Home Remedies For Kidney Stones Pain You Should Know
Looking for the home remedies for removing kidney stones, you should not pass pomegranate. Pomegranate both juice and seeds will help in preventing kidney stones pain. As it is one fluid, it helps to maintain the toxins moving through your body and decreases the acidity levels in your urine as well. In addition, it works as an astringent in curing kidney stones. Here are detailed instructions to use it for kidney stones pain:
- Take horse gram (a cup) and next to add this to water (half liter).
- Then, heat this mixture till the water level decreases to one-fifth.
- After that, strain this solution and then collect the soup.
- Now, add crushed pomegranate (2 teaspoons) in it.
- Mix it well and then drink the solution once per day to prevent your kidney stones pain.
- First of all, take a pomegranate and then eat the whole fruit or you may drink this freshly squeezed juice every day.
- Simply, you can mix the pomegranate in the fruit salad.
- Or, powder pomegranate seeds (a teaspoon) and make it like one paste by including water into it
- Then, add this paste (a teaspoon) to gram soup and then consume this every day to remove kidney stones problem.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has citric acid which is very useful to dissolve your kidney stones pain. It also contains alkalizing effect on urine and blood which helps to get rid of kidney stones. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Take organic apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons) and then mix it in fresh water (6 – 8 oz).
- Stir it well and later drink the solution to remove the kidney stones.
- Frequently drink this solution throughout the day in order to dissolve the stones as well as clear it.
- Afterwards, after removal of stones repeat this process about 1-2 times to eliminate your formation of new stones for one week
- First of all, take water and vinegar in equal ratios i.e. 1:1 and then place both in one pan
- Next heat the pan till it is warm to carry it.
- After that, take one clean wash cloth and dip it in this warm solution.
- Later, take it out and then remove this excess water and afterwards place this solution in the painful area.
- Allow it till this cloth cools and next repeat the same of immersing and applying this wash cloth.
- You had better repeat this process till you get relief from the kidney stones pain.
- Take organic apple cider vinegar (a teaspoon) and add this to raw honey (2 teaspoons)
- Frequently take this mixture till you get relief from the pain.
- Alternatively, you can consume apple cider vinegar (a tablespoon) everyday or combined with water.
- Or you can simply use this vinegar in your salad dressing or condiment.
3. Nettle Leaf
One of the most effective home remedies for kidney stones is using nettle leaf. Nettle leaf helps in keeping the water flow regularly through bladder and kidneys. In addition, it keeps crystals away from forming your stones and also it helps to keep the kidney stone busting electrolytes balance in your urine. Furthermore, it works as natural diuretics which boost the benefits of water in the kidney stones removal. For the most beneficial results, you can do as following steps:
- Take dried nettle leaf (1-2 tablespoons) and add this in hot water (a cup).
- Leave it to steep for around 10 – 15 minutes and then strain the tea
- Now, drink this tea to remove the kidney stones pain.
- It is recommended to drink this 2 – 3 times per day for a couple of days to help prevent the kidney stones.
Basil is also considered among one of the most effective home remedies kidney stones. Especially, it is a good diuretic and detoxifier that helps in the expulsion of your kidney stones and enhancing the kidneys. In addition, basil helps decrease the uric acid levels in the blood as well as cleanse your kidneys. Moreover, it has acetic acid as well as other essential oils helps in breaking down the stones. Also, it calms down the pain with its pain killing agent. Here are two methods to use basil for treating kidney stones:
- Take 5 – 6 fresh leaves of basil and next steep it in boiling water (a cup) for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Later, strain the tea and then add honey as per the preference.
- You should drink this tea regularly to eliminate your kidney stones as well as to prevent the new formations.
- Firstly, take about 10 – 15 fresh leaves of basil and then crush them to create it like one fine paste.
- After that, take this paste (a teaspoon) and sieve it in order to extract its juice
- Add honey (a teaspoon) and mix it well
- In the morning, drink this solution to get relief from your kidney stones pain.
- Alternatively, you can chew these basil leaves every day.
- It is suggested to continue doing this method for 6 months which helps to remove the kidney stones as well as prevent the new formations.
5. Lemon And Olive Oil
Seeking the home remedies for removing kidney stones, you should not pass the combination of lemon and olive oil. Lemon is one citrus fruit that has citrate, a major inhibitor of calcium stones and also makes the urine to pass normally by reducing the potential to form the kidney stones. In addition, lemon juice will break up as well as dissolve the stones in the kidney and also allow them in order to pass easily from the kidney to bladder. And, olive oil helps in coating the narrow tubes that are connecting from the kidney to bladder to make your stone move easily. For satisfied results, what you need to do:
- First of all, take equal quantity of both olive oil and lemon juice
- Then, mix it well as these ingredients must be mixed properly.
- Now, drink the mixture followed by plenty of the distilled water
- You should do this process for twice to thrice a day for three days or till you pass the kidney stones pain.
- Take fresh lemons and then squeeze about four ounces of its juice
- After that, add this to water (2 liters) and stir it well by including little of sugar to this.
- It is recommended to drink this for two times a day to remove the kidney stones problem.
Celery is also one of the most excellent home remedies for kidney stones pain. Celery helps in clearing the toxins which forms the kidney stones. In addition, it acts as diuretic that helps with the stone passing hence it prevents your stones from the kidney to bladder. Here are step by step directions to use celery for curing the kidney stones:
- Simply, drink celery juice (a glass) every day to prevent more stones from forming.
- Another option is to use celery seed to cure kidney stones. Consuming herbal tea made with seeds of celery can help to treat kidney stones well.
Read on: Top 16 Solutions For Kidney Failure
7. Dandelion Root
Dandelion root works as kidney tonic and support the bile production that carries away the waste as well as aide in better digestion. Furthermore, it gets rid of the kidney stones pain properly with the help of its natural properties. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- Take a fresh root of dandelion and one quart of water
- Then, take this water and boil it in one saucepan
- After that, chop this dandelion root and add these chopped roots (2 teaspoons) to the saucepan.
- Cover this pan and then simmer the heat for around 1 minute
- Now, remove this pan from this heat and next steep the root for around 40 minutes
- Strain this tea and consume this in order to prevent the kidney stones.
- Alternatively, you can add dandelion greens in your salads and any other recipes.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for removing kidney stones presented in this article, so continue reading!
8. Kidney Beans
One of the best home remedies for kidney stones pain is using kidney beans. They are very rich in fiber that are very effective in curing the kidney stones as well as helps to boost the kidney for its right functioning and getting rid of stones and also prevents new formations. To use it for treating kidney stones, here are detailed guides:
- First of all, take some kidney beans and then soak it in some water for entire night.
- In the next morning, you cut the beans and later boil it in water (4 liters) for around 4 – 5 hours.
- Strain this solution and leave it to get cool.
- After that, again strain this liquid and enjoy this 1 glass once for every 2 hours in per day.
- It is suggested to follow this treatment for at least one week to get instant relief from the problem of kidney stones.
- Or, you can include these beans either in salads or soup.
Parsley is also one of the greatest home remedies for kidney stones. It is rich in minerals and vitamins like vitamin A, B and C, copper, potassium, thiamin, which helps in cleaning your kidneys. All of these cleaning agents help to clear your toxins as well as other harmful substances from the body. It is also an effective remedy in order to clear the kidney stones and speed up the kidneys to function properly. For the expected results, you can use it as follows:
- Take few freshly chopped parsley
- Then boil these by including some amount of water for a few minutes
- Afterwards, strain this solution and let it cool for some minutes.
- It is suggested to consume this solution regularly in order to get immediate relief from this problem.
10. Wheat Grass
In the list of natural home remedies for kidney stones, you have to consider wheat grass. Wheatgrass has vitamins A & E, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, which helps to cleanse the kidneys and gets rid of stones as well. It is also a mild diuretic which improves your urine flow along with the other fluids. For the instant relief, what you need to do:
- Take wheatgrass juice (a glass) and mix it with lemon juice (a teaspoon) and basil juice (a teaspoon) (extracted from basil leaves)
- Then, stir all of these ingredients and consume this to prevent your kidney stones.
- It is recommended to drink this for 2 – 3 times per day to remove the kidney stones problem.
Generally, watermelon is very rich in potassium salts that help to maintain and regulate the acid level in your urine and also contain high in natural water content. This balances the regular intake of water as well as flushes out the stones from the kidney through the bladder. Furthermore, watermelon also has calcium, carbonates, magnesium phosphates, etc, which helps to treat the problem of kidney stone and heals you from the pain as well. For the better results, you can use it as follows:
- Take one watermelon fruit and then eat the whole fruit.
- Especially, daily intake of watermelon will help a lot in treating your problem.
- Simply, you can regularly drink the watermelon juice.
- Or you can make the watermelon seed tea in order to prevent your kidney stones.
12. Okra (Lady’s Finger)
Okra is also one of the most effective home remedies for kidney stones. Okra is a high source of magnesium and has riboflavin and thiamine and is a powerful source of calcium, iron, vitamins A and vitamin C. In addition, Okra has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and also prevents crystallization of chemicals in your kidney as well as helps bind excess toxins in bile acids. All these attributes made it a miracle cure for kidney stones. For the best results, all you need to do is cut 3-4 raw Okra into many small pieces and then soak them in water entire night. In the morning, you squeeze out it into the water and consume this three times a day. Also it relieves the pain well.
Keep reading this writing to discover other effective home remedies for kidney stones.
Onions contain vital antioxidant properties which help in preventing growth and crystallization of kidney stones. Along with this, onions are very rich in flavonoids and polyphenols which provide various health benefits. For treating kidney stones, you just need to boil 2-3 small onions in water (one glass) for about 15minutes. Allow it cool and then drain the water. You can add little sugar for your taste. You had better drink this water three times a day.
One of the simplest home remedies for kidney stones is using tomato. Tomato is high in lycopene, a potent antioxidant that is known to prevent formation of kidney stones and serum lipid oxidation. For the satisfied results, you make one juice of tomatoes and then add a little salt and pepper to it. You had better drink tomato juice once every day for beneficial results in preventing and dissolving growth of stones.
Regular intake of foods high in magnesium is very useful in dissolving existing stones as well as in preventing formation of kidney stones. Foods like tuna, banana, strawberry, Brazil nut, artichoke, pumpkin seeds, soybeans, low fat yoghurt, black tea, pine and cashew nut can be added to your diet for the positive results in dissolving the kidney stones naturally.
Due to the presence of numerous advantages, grapes are also one of the best home remedies for kidney stones. They are beneficial to cleanse your kidney and detox. Compound in grape seed and its skin extract can reverse kidney damage. You should consume 15 grapes a day for keeping good and healthy kidneys. Or simply, you can add fresh grapes juice (a glass) in your diet.
17. Diet Plan
Generally, planning your diet as well as taking the essential food will help in preventing all the problems of health including your kidney stones problem.
- Take plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet that helps to reduce kidney stones.
- Add vitamin B6 in your diet that is well known for fighting kidney stones and also decreases the build-up of excess oxalate causing the formation of kidney stones in the body. So take the food such as chicken, tuna, kale, banana, cod, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, green beans, etc. to prevent the kidney stones and to have right functioning of kidneys.
- Include vitamin A in your diet which is really necessary for the healthy functioning of your kidneys. So, the foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash, pumpkin, broccoli, etc. which brings the daily requirements of the kidney friendly nutrients for proper functioning of it.
- Include the food which is high in fiber such as bran flakes, etc. in your daily diet. This fiber helps to cut the calcium as well as oxalate in the urine preventing the formation of your kidney stones.
- Drink plenty of water daily will help to maintain the urine free and clear from the kidney stones formation.
- Try to reduce decaffeinated caffeine free and non-alcoholic beverages because they also cause some concentration of oxalates in your urine.
- Reduce the salt (sodium) intake not more than two grams a day because there is always one high correlation between the salt and kidney stones. You should take the food that is free from animal protein such as legumes.
- Always drink cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, cherries, eat straw berries, etc. everyday which helps turn the urine into an alkaline treatment.
- Regular exercise helps in facilitating better absorption of calcium in the blood stream and also prevents your kidney stones formation.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. All above are natural remedies which surely help in treating your kidney stones and help to prevent the formations of new stones as well. After reading the article of top 17 natural home remedies for kidney stones pain, hope you find your effective home remedy for treating kidney stones soon and remove its pain quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at-home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for kidney stones pain, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other natural kidney stones remedies to us.