Are you tired of suffering from symptoms caused by heartburn? Do you want to know how to cure heartburn condition fast within days? If you looking for the best solution to get rid of heartburn & symptoms associated with it, then you should read this writing. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you top 30 quick home remedies for heartburn relief naturally and safely without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of the heartburn problem from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 30 at home heartburn remedies in more detail!
Top 30 Natural & Quick Home Remedies For Heartburn Relief
Here are 30 best natural heartburn remedies you are looking for:
For people who are suffering from acid reflux, which causes heartburn, the vinegar may trigger the sphincter under the esophagus in order to close, as a result preventing the acid from rising. In all types of vinegar, the apple cider vinegar will work best for your heartburn condition. Here are some easy steps to use apple cider vinegar for treating heartburn:
- You add 1 to 2 tsp of the apple cider vinegar into a glass of water.
- Then you drink it before your main meals.
2. Aloe Vera Juice
The aloe vera juice is known as a popular at home treatment for heartburn. This juice helps you to control your heartburn condition by relieving the inflammation & healing your gastrointestinal tract. Here are step by step directions to apply aloe vera juice for treating heartburn:
- You drink 1/4 cup of the aloe vera juice around 20 minutes before you eat a meal for best results.
- In addition, you should not drink too much of this juice in a day because it may cause diarrhea & abdominal pain.
3. Baking Soda
Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda will help you get the easy & quick relief from your heartburn condition. Baking soda is a natural antacid that works effectively within minutes, thus giving you the fast relief from a heartburn pain. To apply baking soda for treating heartburn, here are step by step directions:
- You mix 1 tsp of the baking soda into a glass of water.
- Then you drink it to get the instant relief.
- In addition, you can mix some drops of the lemon juice into this solution.
4. Fennel Seeds
One of the simplest home remedies for heartburn is chewing fennel seeds. You can chew these seeds many times per day to refresh your breath, and control the production of your stomach acid simultaneously. In addition, you can drink a cup of tea that is made from the fennel seeds. For making this herbal tea, you add 2 tsp of the fennel seeds into a cup of the boiling water, and then you let it cool about 10 minutes. Finally, you strain it to a cup, and you drink it slowly.
Mint is very effective for healing indigestion & heartburn as it has soothing properties and aids digestion. To apply mint for treating heartburn, here are step by step directions you can follow at home:
- You add 1 tbsp of the crushed mint leaves into a cup of water.
- Then you leave it for around 30 minutes.
- You drink it 2 to 3 times per day.
- In addition, you can chew some fresh mint leaves in order to avoid heartburn. Nevertheless, you should not take mint in case you have acid reflux.
Fresh ginger will help you get the instant relief from your heartburn in 2 ways – ginger absorbs the acid inside the stomach & it helps to calm your nerves, which contribute to heartburn. There are a lot of easy ways to use ginger for treating heartburn as below:
- Ginger can be used as a spice for cooking
- Another option is eating raw ginger pieces
- Or you can drink ginger tea.
You can use this natural herb frequently in order to prevent heartburn condition from coming back again.
Here are detailed steps to make a ginger tea:
- You add 1 tsp of the freshly grated ginger into 1 cup of the boiling water.
- Then you allow it to steep for some minutes.
- Then you drink this herbal tea 3 or 4 times per day.
7. Slippery Elm
A lot of people have medicinally used slippery elm for treating different types of diseases involving heartburn. Slippery elm can aids you in thickening the mucous lining inside your stomach, thus creating a good barrier against acid. To apply slippery elm for relieving heartburn, you can follow the following steps:
- You add 1 tsp of the slippery elm powder into a cup of the hot water.
- Then you drink it after your main meals & at bedtime.
Drinking the chilled milk is one of the easiest home remedies for heartburn with mild or early heartburn symptoms. Chilled milk helps relax the valve between your stomach & esophagus. In case you do not have milk, try other kinds of the dairy products. Using milk is the best remedy for people with heartburn on rare occasions.
9. Cabbage Juice
Cabbage juice is also considered as one of the best home remedies for heartburn. Cabbage juice contains natural anti-inflammatory qualities that help remove various types of digestive problems including heartburn. To apply cabbage juice for treating heartburn, here are step by step directions you can follow at home:
- Grind two carrots and fresh cabbage in a juicer or blender.
- Drink this juice (one-half cup) in the morning on an empty stomach in order to prevent heartburn.
- Alternatively, you can also drink juices made from vegetables such as carrots, radishes, beets or cucumbers to decrease the production of stomach acid that is a main cause of heartburn.
Almond is also one of the effective home remedies for heartburn. For optimal results, you can eat 3-4 almonds after a meal or snack. You can choose roasted, salted or raw almonds in order to suit your taste buds. You should chew them till they are decreased to a flour-like substance. This method will release the oil from these almonds, which helps calm production of acid in the stomach.
11. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile contains medicinal properties that are very effective treatment for heartburn. In addition, the tea helps decreasing inflammation in your stomach. To get rid of heartburn through this tea, here are step by step directions you can follow at home:
- Boil water (one cup).
- Add the chamomile petals and then simmer for about a minute.
- Put off the flame and next to cover the pot. Allow it seep for about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and then pour this tea in one cup.
- Add a dash of lemon and honey each.
- It’s better to enjoy chamomile tea before going to sleep.
12. Cold Milk With Soda
The combination of cold milk with soda is the best known home remedy for dealing with heartburn at home. For best results, you need to mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of cold milk and then drink this mixture. But do not add coffee or sugar and any other flavorings to this milk. You only need to consume plain milk in which soda has been added. It is recommended to take this remedy each night before bedtime but after having the dinner.
13. Lemon And Honey Tea
Honey and lemon are very effective in decreasing the occurrence of heartburn because they have enzymes that immediately work on the digestive juices and neutralize their effects as well as restrict their overproduction. For the better results, what you need to do:
- Mix the juice of half lemon and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water.
- Mix well and drink this mixture when you feel an approaching heartburn.
- You can also consume the lemon-honey concoction along with the meals because it will help prevent heartburn.
14. Potato Juice
One of the excellent home remedies for heartburn is using potato juice. It has enzymes that are responsible for neutralizing the acids in your digestive system thereby .decreasing their effects on your body and hence preventing heartburn. You had better drink a glass juice of potato first in the morning. You should drink only fresh juice and not packaged or synthetic juices available in the market. To prepare the juice, what you need to do:
- Use one medium sized potato.
- Peel and wash this potato well and then cut it into 4 pieces.
- Grind the pieces of potato in an electric mixer and next to strain the resulting content using one sieve.
- You can dilute this juice with cold water but don’t add any herbs or spices to this juice.
15. Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon is a natural herb that has effective properties to cool the heat problem of the heartburn. To apply cinnamon for treating heartburn, here are step by step directions:
- Use one medium sized potato.
- Take cinnamon (one or two sticks) and next to crush it in one blender.
- Take powdered cinnamon or crushed cinnamon (a teaspoon) and then add it to one cup of water.
- Mix it well and after that boil this water for several minutes.
- Add cardamom (one or two pieces) in this boiling water.
- Then strain this water
- It is recommended to enjoy the cinnamon tea after a spicy or oily meal to remove heartburn problems.
Sage is also considered as one of the effective home remedies for heartburn. Especially, it promotes digestion and helps regulate appetite as well. To apply sage for dealing with heartburn, here are step by step directions:
- Prepare sage tea (a cup) by steeping its crushed leaves (2 teaspoons).
- Wait for about 15 minutes and afterwards strain it.
- It is suggested to drink it two times every day to treat heartburn.
17. Marshmallow Root
Using marshmallow root is one of the best and oldest home remedies for heartburn. To use marshmallow root for dealing with heartburn, here are step by step directions:
- Mix together water (1 cup) and powdered marshmallow root (1 teaspoon).
- It is recommended to consume about 3 or 4 cups of the tea in a day.
18. Baking Soda And Cream Of Tartar
The combination of cream of tartar and baking soda is also one of the other best home remedies for heartburn. For desirable results, you should use them as follows.
- Mix baking soda (1/2 teaspoon) and cream of tartar into one glass of water.
- Sip on the drink in order to relieve heartburn.
19. Baking Soda And Ginger
The mixture of baking soda and ginger is one of many effective home remedies for heartburn. For heartburn relief, you need to add baking soda (1/2 teaspoon) and ginger spice (1/2 teaspoon) to a cup of warm water. Then sip on this mixture in order to help relieve heartburn symptoms.
Buttermilk is also one of the other effective home remedies for heartburn that is readily available in the supermarket or can be easily made at home. As buttermilk contains acidic properties it will act on the stomach in order to provide relief from acid reflux and heartburn as well. To apply buttermilk for treating heartburn, here are step by step directions you can follow at home:
- You can drink ice cold buttermilk (half a cup) after meals in order to get instant relief from heartburn.
- Alternatively, you can also use soy products and fermented milk in your diet to reduce the acid reflux problems.
- It is best idea to stick on to low fat milk in order to prepare buttermilk because it will help in providing quick relief to heartburn problems.
21. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves are one of the natural home remedies for heartburn. Especially, it can help in removing heartburn to some extent. Here are detailed instructions to apply basil leaves for treating heartburn:
- Chewing two or three leaves of basil will provide you instant relief from stomach acid.
- Alternatively, you can also boil a handful of basil leaves in water (a glass) for a few minutes.
- Strain the contents and next to drink this concoction after it becomes warm. You had better consume this water after eating your food in order to decrease heartburn.
Keep reading this writing to discover other home remedies for heartburn.
It is surprised to know that mustard is also one of the effective home remedies for heartburn. It works wonder whenever you suffer from acid reflux attacks and will provide you with instant relief from heartburn. What you need to do:
- You need just take yellow mustard (one teaspoon) and mix it in water (half a glass).
- Drink this mixture in order to get instant relief from heartburn.
- The yellow mustard contains turmeric as one of its major ingredients that will help in combating digestive disorders.
23. Drink Water
As you know, water is an effective and natural home remedy for many health problems. Adequate consumption of water will help in getting rid of the excess acid that fills the esophagus. In addition, it will help in rinsing off the excess acid in your stomach. For optimal results, what you need to do:
- All you need to do is drink water (6 to 8 glasses) every day whenever you suffer from heartburn problems.
- Make sure that you do not drink too much of water because this would make your condition worse.
Turmeric contains an antiseptic property hence it is very helpful in curing heartburn. It is added in a lot of foods cooked in India as it contains excellent digestive properties. What you need to do:
- Simply, you should include turmeric in your diet.
- Alternatively, you can take capsules of turmeric that are readily available before your meals to help in coping with any acid reflux.
- Another option is to add turmeric (a teaspoon) to buttermilk (a glass) and drink this solution daily if you are a regular patient of heartburns.
25. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is a very useful home remedy to treat heartburn relief. Especially, it will bring you with quick relief from indigestion. For expected results, you can also add the peppermint oil (two drops) in cold water (a tablespoon) and drink this solution whenever you suffer from heartburn. Plus, it will also help you to solve the stomach irritation problems.
Grapes are also one of the excellent home remedies for heartburn relief. It is known to bring quick relief from upset stomach as well as helps in proper digestion.
- It would be ideal for you to pop in about 15 grapes whenever you suffer from heartburn problems.
- Drinking a glass of fresh and pure grape juice can also help you in getting instant relief from indigestion.
Using apple is also considered as one of the popular home remedies for heartburn relief. Apple has the ability to neutralize the acid formation in the stomach in about 5 minutes. For positive effects, you can eat two or a slice of apple to help reduce acid production in the stomach.
28. Pineapple Juice
One of the easiest and simplest home remedies for heartburn relief is using pineapple juice. Especially, pineapple has an enzyme called bromelain that can help to decrease the hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach. You had better drink about 125 ml of fresh pineapple juice after your meals to help decrease heartburn problems in your stomach.
Cumin is also a very good treatment for heartburn. In addition, cumin seeds help to stimulate digestion as well as reduce digestive issues such as acidity and gas. What you need to do:
- Boil cumin seeds (a teaspoon) in a cup of water.
- Leave it to steep for about 5 minutes and then strain.
- It is recommended to enjoy this mixture in the morning and after your meals for several days or until the symptom of heartburn is improved.
- Cumin is also a great and delicious spice to add to a lot of dishes.
One of the best home remedies for heartburn is using meadowsweet. To apply meadowsweet for relieving heartburn, you can follow the following steps:
- Mix chamomile flowers, meadowsweet and comfrey leaves, dried in equal parts.
- Mix together and next to store in one clean jar.
- Use one tablespoon to boiling water (one cup).
- Leave the mixture to steep for about 10 minutes.
- It is suggested to take 3 to 6 cups per day.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 30 quick home remedies for heartburn relief, hope that it can help you find out the best treatment to get rid of heartburn condition & its symptoms. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other quick home remedies for heartburn, please leave them below.