Are you tired of suffering from symptoms caused by calluses? Do you want to know how to cure calluses condition fast within days? If you are looking for the best solution to get rid of calluses & symptoms associated with it, then you should read this writing. In this article, AllRemedies.com reveals to you top 26 home remedies for calluses on hands and toes without any side effect. This writing listed the best treatments to get rid of the callus problem from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover these 26 at home callus remedies in more detail!
1. Epsom Salt
One of the easiest home remedies for calluses on hands and toes is using Epsom salt. It will help keep your feet free from infection and soften the area. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Add a handful of Epsom salt to a tub filled with hot water. Then stir it thoroughly.
- Dip your feet in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Next, use a pumice stone to apply the affected area for some minutes.
- Wash your hands and toes with clean water to get rid of the dead skin cells.
It is suggested to follow this remedy as needed until the callus completely heals.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of another effective home remedies for calluses is using apple cider vinegar. This vinegar will help boost the healing process and soften the hard skin due to its natural acidic. For best result, you can use it as follows.
- Immerse a cotton ball in the vinegar and then tape it to the affected areas before going to bed.
- Keep it on overnight.
- Exfoliate the troubled area in the next morning with a pumice stone.
- Apply some coconut oil or olive oil in order to keep the area moisturized.
It is recommended to follow one times per day until your callus is disappeared.
3. Baking Soda
Due to a natural exfoliant, baking soda is also one of an excellent home remedies for calluses. Plus, the crystals in baking soda will help exfoliate the hard skin. For instant results, you can use it as following ways.
- Fill warm water in a tub and then add baking soda (three tablespoons). Stir thoroughly and then soak your hands and toes in it for about 10 minutes. Rinse the area with a pumice stone.
- Another option is to make a paste by mixing 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water. Rinse the paste off and rub gently with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin.
You had better do either of these remedies one time each day until your callus look healthy again.
Aspirin is also one of best home remedies for calluses. To see good results, you can use it as follows.
- Crush about 6 tablets of aspirin into powder form.
- Add lemon juice (one-half teaspoon) and water (one-fourth teaspoon) to the powder and then mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to the troubled area and use a plastic bag to cover it.
- Wrap the affected area with a warm towel for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the coverings and then rinse off the affected area with warm water.
- Use a pumice stone in order to scrape off the dead skin cells.
You should follow once per day for a few days.
5. Bread And Vinegar
Another very effective home remedy for calluses on hands and toes is the paste of distilled vinegar and bread. This paste helps reduce the risk of infection as well as soften the callused skin. They are use as follows.
- Dip the affected area in warm water and then rub the affected area gently with a pumice stone.
- Clean and pat dry your hands and toes.
- Immerse a half slice of bread in white distilled vinegar (one-half cup).
- Put the soaked bread over the troubled area and next to wrap it with a bandage.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Remove the bandage in the next morning and then apply some moisturizing lotion.
It is recommended to follow daily at night until the calluses are gone.
Both lemon peel and lemon juice are very good for treating calluses. Its acidic nature will help remove the callus very quickly. Plus, lemon also helps alleviate the discomfort. For quick results, you can use lemon as follows.
- The first choice is to place a small piece of lemon peel over the affected area. Put a bandage around this peel in order to keep it in place. Keep it on overnight. You must replace the new peel in the next morning. It is suggested to follow daily in a few days until the callus are gone.
- Another option is to use a cotton ball and then dip it in freshly squeezed lemon juice. Next to, apply it on the troubled area. Protect it with a bandage and keep it on overnight. You had better follow daily until you get the desirable results.
If you want to discover other home remedies for calluses, keep reading this writing!
Due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, onion is very effective for curing calluses
To obtain positive results, you should use it as follows.
- Sprinkle lemon juice (a few drops) and a little salt on a thick onion slice. Then put the onion slice on the troubled area. Protect it with tape and then keep it on overnight. It is recommended to follow daily for a week to get rid of the callus easily.
- Another option is to cut a small onion in half and then immerse it in white vinegar for at least 3 hours. Lastly rub the vinegar-soaked onion to the affected area and wrap your hands and toes in plastic wrap. Leave it on overnight. The next morning, use a pumice stone to scrape away the dead skin cells. You should repeat this each day for a week.
8. Castor Oil
Castor oil is also one of a great home remedies for calluses on hands and toes. This oil helps moisturize rough, dry skin making it effective in softening calluses. For best results, you can use it as following methods.
- First option is to dip your hand and toes in warm water for about 10 minutes and next to scrub the affected area with a pumice stone. Use a cotton ball soaked in castor oil to cover the affected area. You can do this daily until the calluses are gone.
- Another option is to mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and castor oil in a large pot. Heat the solution till it is comfortably warm. Immerse your hands and toes in the warm mixture for about 10 minutes. Wash with warm water and next to remove the dead skin with a pumice stone. It is suggested to repeat this once per day for 3-4 days.
9. Sea Salt
Sea salt is also a good remedy for getting rid of dry, dead skin. It is used as follows.
- Mix together equal amounts of olive oil and sea salt and then set it aside.
- Dip your hands and toes in warm water for ten minutes to help soften the callused area.
- Gently apply the paste over the affected areas in circular motions for some minutes.
- Rinse your hands and toes with warm water and then pat dry.
- Rub lotion, moisturizing cream or oil on your hands and toes.
It is suggested to repeat this remedy once every day until the calluses are disappeared completely.
Chamomile is one of another popular home remedies for calluses on hands and toes. It helps reduce the discomfort caused by calluses owning to its anti-inflammatory properties. For positive effects, you can use it as following ways.
- Brew chamomile tea (one to two cups). Add the chamomile tea to a small foot tub filled with some water. Soak your hands and toes in this soothing water for about ten minutes. It is recommended to follow this daily for some days before going to bed. This will help keep your hand and toes moisturized overnight.
- Another option is to mix dried chamomile (one teaspoon) with one crushed garlic clove and lemon juice (one teaspoon). Mix it well and then rub it to the affected area. You had better follow once or twice a day until the callus is disappeared.
11. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is one of effective home remedy for calluses on hands and toes. For best results, you should prick a capsule of vitamin E and take vitamin E oil (some drops) and then apply it over the callus. You can repeat this every day at night so that the skin gets free of callus.
This remedy is also good home remedy for calluses. For treating calluses, you should use pineapple to help soften the calluses.
- Cut a small freshly pineapple peel.
- Put it over the calluses, protect it with a bandage and then wear a sock and keep it on overnight.
- Get rid of the bandage in the morning, rinse the area and next to apply some coconut oil.
It is recommended to repeat this treatment every night for 1 week or until the calluses comes out.
Papaya is also one of another effective home remedies for calluses. Papaya will help slough off dead and dry skin because it contains several enzymes. Plus, papaya can help reduce any discomfort or pain. For best results, you should use raw papaya.
- Grate raw papaya and then extract its juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice, next to put it on the calluses and then protect it with tape.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Gently exfoliate the skin with a pumice stone to in the next morning.
It is recommended to follow daily until you get satisfied result.
As we know, oatmeal contains exfoliating agent hence it helps soothe for the skin. For desirable results, you can use it as follows.
- Boil a little oatmeal in plain water for at least 5 minutes.
- Stain and then apply the solution on the affected area.
Garlic is considered as one of great home remedies for calluses. For best results, you can use garlic as follows.
- Cut a clove of garlic into half.
- Rub one half on the corn for about a minute.
- Let your skin dry and then cover it with a crepe bandage. The following morning wash as normal.
It is recommended to follow this every night a few days until your callus is disappear.
Licorice is also used as an excellent home remedy for calluses. For positive results, you should use it as follows.
- Firstly, you take 4 licorice sticks and then make a paste using some mustard oil.
- Then apply it on the calluses just before going to bed. The next morning use warm water to rinse off the paste.
It is suggested to follow this every night for some days until you see a significant improvement.
17. Coconut Oil
Another best home remedy for calluses is using coconut oil. For positive results, you had better apply it three times per day on the troubled area. Make sure that you massage it well into your skin. Once your skin turns soft and supple, it will get rid of the calluses with a pumice stone.
18. Turpentine Oil
Turpentine oil is a powerful antiseptic that can help deal with calluses. For instant results, you can use the oil as follows.
- Cover ice in a thin cloth and then massage the troubled area with it for at least two minutes. Pat dry the area and next to apply some turpentine oil on the callus. Leave it on overnight. It is suggested to repeat this daily before retiring to bed.
- Another option is to melt extra-virgin coconut oil (one-fourth cup) in the microwave. Mix in turpentine oil (one tablespoon) and camphor oil (two tablespoons). Let the mixture cool. Next, immerse your hands and toes in warm water for some minutes, pat dry and then apply this solution on the callus. It is recommended to follow two or three times every day.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for calluses presented in this article, so continue reading!
Turmeric is also one of excellent home remedies for calluses thanks to its anti-inflammatory nature. Plus, turmeric can reduce pain, ease discomfort and speed up healing. You should use it as follows.
- Mix a little honey and turmeric power (one teaspoon) to create a thick paste. Then apply the paste on the affected area and leave it to dry on its own. It is recommended to follow two or three times daily for about 1 week or until the callus comes out.
- Another option is to mix aloe vera gel (mix one teaspoon) with turmeric (one-half teaspoon). Apply the solution on the callus. Wrap it with a bandage and then leave it on overnight. The following morning, use a pumice stone to swab the softened skin and next to apply some moisturizer. You had better follow this remedy each day until you remove the callus completely.
This remedy is also an effective home remedy for calluses on hands and toes. For expected results, you can apply raw potatoes on your hands and toes for a few minutes. Especially, they have a cooling effect on the skin. Plus, potatoes also help to ease any discomfort caused by calluses. The potato juice will help to get rid of the scars and decrease the pain that the calluses leave behind.
Another excellent home remedy for calluses is using raisins. To use them for dealing with calluses on hands and toes, you can take 2-3 raisins and then cut them in half. Put them on the affected area. Secure it with a bandage and next to allow it for the whole night. It is recommended to follow the treatment until callus disappears.
22. Sugar Scrubs
This remedy is also very good for treating calluses. For instant results, you put granulated sugar (¾ cup) in a dry jar and then add enough mineral oil to make a loose paste. You can also add peppermint, sandalwood, spearmint, musk or any essential oil you want (optional). Mix together, then rub and gently massage. You can use this remedy anywhere you want to get smooth, soft skin. It is suggested to follow this remedy before shaving your legs.
Glycerine is also an excellent home remedy for calluses on hands and toes. To use it, you can take some glycerine and then gently massage over the troubled areas for at least 5 minutes. Wear soaks and lastly allow it over night to obtain the desirable benefits.
24. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps in reducing the problem of pain, making the skin soft as well as burning sensation. For positive results, you should warm olive oil. Then massage this oil over the troubled areas for about five to ten minutes. Wear soaks to protect your hands and toes and allow it over night to receive the maximum benefit.
25. Cocoa Butter
One of the best home remedies for calluses is using cocoa butter. An easy and simple way is to apply cocoa butter on the troubled part three times per day until your skin heals completely.
Massage is an easy and simple remedy in order to fight off calluses on your hand and toes. For expected effects, you had better massage your affected area at least half an hour with lotion or baby oil. Plus, it relieves pain, lessens dead skin build-up and promotes better blood flow circulation.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 26 home remedies for calluses on hands and toes, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of your callus condition quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for calluses, please leave them below, I will respond you soon.