As you know, dry skin on legs is a most common issue which happens mostly in winter season. Dry skin on legs is one skin condition which makes you unsightly, uncomfortable, etc. Some factors contributing to dry skin on legs include aging, a genetic predisposition and nutritional deficiencies. There are lots moisturizers and lotions on the market to combat dry skin; however, most of them are expensive. Natural treatments are not only inexpensive, but also quite effective in hydrating and nourishing dry skin. In this article, AllRemedies.com will introduce you 18 solutions & treatment for dry skin on legs. All of the treatments in this article are collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin condition; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more treatment for dry skin on legs.
18 Solutions &Treatment For Dry Skin On Legs
1. Egg Yolk And Olive Oil
The combination of egg yolk and olive oil is one of the best treatments for dry skin on legs. Olive oil has natural antioxidants packed with vitamin E and K that acts well for dry skin while egg yolk contains vitamin A and the other essential proteins which can control the shedding of your skin to make it soft and smooth. Here are detailed directions to apply this combination for treating dry skin on legs:
- Take olive oil (a teaspoon) and two egg yolks.
- Then whip it well to have stable consistency.
- After that, apply this to the dry skin and allow it on for some minutes till it gets dry.
- Rinse it with normal water and finally apply moisturizer.
- For the better results, you can add lime juice (few drops) and rose water to this egg yolk – olive oil mixture.
- It is recommended to follow it regularly in order to prevent the dry skin on legs.
2. Banana And Yogurt
Banana contains vitamin A that maintains the lost moisture to help prevent the dry skin on legs. Yogurt helps to lock and moisturize it. When both yogurt and banana are combined then it not only exfoliates dead cells but also moisturizes the skin. For the best results, what you need to do:
- Take one ripe banana and next to mash it
- Make one paste of the mashed banana by adding a little yogurt.
- Afterwards, apply this paste on your dry patches and allow it on for around half an hour.
- Finally wash it off with warm water.
- You had better continue doing the process regularly to prevent dull and dry skin on legs.
- Mash one ripe banana and then apply this directly on your dry patched areas.
- Remember to avoid the eyes area and allow it for around 20 – 25 minutes
- Rinse it away with lukewarm water in order to feel your skin supple and soft.
- Take mashed banana and then add sugar (a tablespoon)
- Mix it well and later apply this mixture on the dry skin
- Rub it in the circular motions that will help to remove the dead skin cells.
- Alternatively, you can make one paste with banana and honey to prevent dry skin.
3. Lemon Juice And Sugar
Sugar and lemon juice scrub helps to make the skin soft, glowing and smooth. Lemon has vitamin C which is a great astringent that helps in lightening your skin tone, gets rid of patches on your skin and also encourages the skin cell growth in order to prevent the dry skin on legs. Sugar while scrubbing will help to clean the skin from scaly characteristics as well as allow locking the moisture to remove the dry skin on legs. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Take sugar (a teaspoon) and mix it with the juice of half lemon.
- Then use a cotton ball to scrub all over the dry skin.
- After that, slowly massage it in one circular motion.
- Leave it to scrub for around 10 – 15 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Keep the remaining in a jar or air tight container to apply it regularly.
4. Coconut Oil
As you see, coconut is one natural moisturizer and when used, it makes the skin feel softer and gets rid of the scaly characteristics in order to make it look moisturized naturally. In addition, it has fatty acids in sufficient amount which allows the skin to prevent dry skin on legs and lock the moisture. Here are easy steps you can follow at home:
- Take sufficient amount of coconut oil.
- Then apply it to the dry skin and allow it on for entire night.
- Rinse it in the following day morning
- You should do this process regularly at night time that helps to remove the dry skin problem.
5. Avocado And Honey
Honey and avocado has good source or qualities of humectants and sterolin, which help to deal with the distress which help prevent dry skin on legs. Both honey and avocados help to lock the moisture in the skin pores as well as prevent the dry skin. Here are step by step instructions to apply avocado and honey for treating dry skin on legs:
- Take 1/2 of mashed avocados and then mix it well in honey (a half cup).
- Afterwards, apply this as one mask where your dry skin is found.
- Allow it on for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water and follow the same process regularly to remove the dry skin on legs.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains soothing, moisturizing and healing properties which prevents the dry skin on legs. Especially, it gets rid of the flaky skin by sloughing away gently the top layer of your dead skin cells. For the best results, you can do as follows:
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it to extract its gel
- Apply this to your dry skin and allow it like that as that gel easily gets absorbed by your skin
- If any gel remains on your skin after getting about 20 minutes then wash it off using warm water.
- You had better repeat this remedy about once or twice per day in order to get relief from the dry skin on legs.
- Or simply, you use it based moisturizer regularly.
Surprisingly, honey helps to soften, tighten and moisturize the dry skin on legs. Honey massage will help in increasing the circulation at the place and encourage deep moisturizing action in order to prevent the dry skin on legs. Here are easy steps you can follow at home:
- Take one small amount of pure, raw honey.
- Then apply it directly on your area where it is affected by the dry skin.
- Gently massage it with the help of your fingers for around 2 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water and finally apply moisturizer to lock moisturize in the skin.
- You should follow this honey treatment once in a day minimum, which helps to soothe the dry skin.
8. Sea Salt
Especially, salt can hydrate your dry skin on legs when used either as salt scrub or as bath. In addition, it nourishes your dry skin as well as makes it soft and smooth. Here are two methods to use sea salt for treating dry skin on legs:
- Take sea salt (a cup) and add this to one tub of warm water
- Then mix it well and immerse for 20 minutes minimum to nourish the extremely dry skin.
- It is suggested to repeat this process regularly in order to prevent the dry skin on legs.
- Take coarse sea salt (a cup) and mix it with vegetable glycerin (1/4 cup).
- Scrub it by rubbing the mixture over your skin in circular motion
- Finally, wash it off using warm water finished by oil based moisturizer.
- Simply, you can massage a handful of salt onto your wet skin after bath or shower.
9. Almond Oil
This oil is non greasy oil that absorbs easily into your skin and it also is powerful source of vitamin E. Here are detailed directions:
- Take almond oil (few drops) and then apply it on your dry skin parts.
- Massage gently on your legs which are exposed to the air for around 3 – 5 minutes.
- Later let it be on the skin for around 10 – 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water afterwards.
- You should follow this process regularly to give best results over the dry skin on legs.
10. Baking Soda
As you see, baking soda helps in relieving itching by exfoliating your skin as well as helps to give moisture to the skin. In addition, baking soda is one skin friendly and anti – inflammatory which helps give relief from your dry skin when applied. Here are step by step directions to apply baking soda for treating dry skin on legs:
- Take baking soda (4 tablespoons) and next add this to a quart of water
- Then take a sponge bath to remove the dry skin.
- Or add baking soda (a cup) to one tub of hot water.
- After that, soak it for half an hour and leave it to dry
- Use moisturizer after taking bath.
- You had better repeat this process regularly to help prevent the dry skin on legs.
11. Castor Oil
Castor oil can help to heal lots problems including the dry skin on legs. It has vitamin E and ricinoleic acid which keep safe the skin against warm water, soap and other factors that cause dryness in the winter. Natural astringents present in castor oil will get rid of the impurities and nourish your skin because it easily absorbs into the skin and this also prevents your dry skin. For the desirable results, what you need to do:
- Take castor oil (few drops) and apply this over your dry skin affected part
- Allow it on like that or entire night.
- In the morning, rinse it by taking bath or shower.
- Regular following of the process will help to remove the dry skin problem.
Milk also helps to make the skin supple and smooth. It improves the skin elasticity, its water retaining capacity, its complexion and keeps the body look fresh and moisturized. The perfect to use milk is goat’s milk or full cream milk. Furthermore, milk also has lactic acid that helps to restore moisturize. To use it for treating dry skin on legs, you can do as follows:
- Take warm milk (a glass) and add almond oil (a teaspoon or two)
- Mix it well and then apply it before going to bed
- Allow it on for entire night and notice the results which are against your dry skin.
- It is recommended to repeat regularly to remove the problem.
- Take raw milk (a cup) and then pour it in the warm tub
- Afterwards, soak it in the warm water tub for 10 – 15 minutes minimum.
- You should repeat it regularly in order to prevent dry skin.
Curd has antioxidants which help in getting relief from the dry skin on legs. Curd also contains cooling effects and contains lactic acid which helps moisturize your dry skin. For the positive effects, what you need to do:
- Take curd (1/2 cup) and then apply it over your dry skin on legs
- Gently massage in the circular motion
- Allow it on for around 20 – 25 minutes and rinse it off with normal water
- You had better repeat it regularly to remove the dry skin.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also helps to remove the itchy skin, small patches of dry and prevents the dry skin on legs. For the satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Take vinegar (2 – 3 cups) and add this to the bath water.
- Stir it well and then soak it for around 20 – 30 minutes and rinse it off.
- You should continue doing this treatment to complete relief from your itchy and dry skin on legs.
Generally, oatmeal is fully loaded with vitamin E as well as other essential nutrients that are vital for your healthy skin. It not only helps to soothe your skin but also prevent the dry skin. Here are detailed guides to apply oatmeal for treating dry skin on legs:
- Take oatmeal (a cup) and add some water to it in order to get wet.
- Rub your legs with that wet oatmeal instead of using soap.
- Rinse it with normal water and then dry it using a towel and afterwards, rub them using dry oatmeal.
- You had better repeat it continuously to remove the dry skin on legs.
16. Milk Cream
Due to the lactic acid of milk cream, it can help exfoliate the dry skin on legs well. Milk cream could also help keep the delicate skin’s pH levels thanks to its soothing nature. In addition, milk cream is also a great moisturizer. For the better results, what you need to do:
- All you need to do is mix lemon juice (several drops), milk cream (two teaspoons) and milk (one teaspoon). Then, rub it over your legs. Keep for a while before having a bath. It is suggested to do this routine about once per day.
- Alternatively, you can add a sufficient amount of milk cream to gram flour (3-4 tablespoons) in order to create a thick paste. Then, apply this paste over your legs. Leave for 15 minutes before washing it off using tepid water. You had better do this once a day.
Having excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and skin-hydrating agent, yogurt can help soothe the itchy and dry skin on legs. The lactic acid content present in yogurt can also help you remove germs and bacteria that might lead to dryness and itchiness. For the expected results, you can do as follows:
- Simply, you need to rub fresh yogurt over the affected areas; start massaging thoroughly onto the skin. Keep for about 10 minutes and then take a bath or a shower. Especially, the mild exfoliating ability in yogurt can help eliminate dry skin as well as make your skin smooth. You had better follow this routine about once per day.
- Or, simply mix yogurt (½ cup) with the mashed papaya (3 tablespoons). After that, add lemon juice (a few drops) and honey to this mixture before applying it over the skin. Allow for 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water. You should do this once a week.
18. Diet Plan
Surprisingly, planning diet also helps a lot in maintaining the body and mind healthy.
- Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
- Include spices in the diet like turmeric, coriander, cumin which helps to relieve and soothe dry skin on legs.
- Intake oil fishes such as salmon which not only high in essential fatty acids but also get rid of dry skin. You should regularly consume it to remove the dry skin.
- Drink plenty of water daily. Drink at least eight – ten glasses of water to maintain hydrated skin as well as help to moisturize the skin. Especially, drinking water will help to deal with any skin problem.
- Regularly apply moisturizer to the body after taking a shower which helps to create a protective layer on your skin and keep the skin hydrated.
- Use glycerin and petroleum jelly oil to pamper your skin by keeping away from the flaking skin and also have softer and smooth skin.
- Always have cool or lukewarm showers but not hot shower bath. The hot water bath will leave your skin dry and draw away your skin’s valuable and essential oils.
- Select the soaps which have fat or oil such as liquid soaps rather than bar soaps, thus your skin will not lose its moisture.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as well as smoking which makes the skin to get dry. Avoid them to prevent the problem of dry skin.
- Protect the skin by wearing moisturizing and sunscreen lotions.
- Regular exercise can also help to get rid of your dry skin on legs and also help to keep healthy skin and mind.
- Use vegetable oils such as from peanuts or sunflower, any vegetable oil provides relief from the problem of dry skin. Simply, you can also use vinegar to prevent the dry skin on legs.
- Get sufficient sleep daily which helps to keep healthy skin and mind.
- Also, you can use the herbs like thyme, basil, mint, etc. which helps to get instant relief from your dry skin on legs.
- Natural fibers like silk, cotton will help to allow the skin to breathe but the wool will irritate the normal skin. So, choose the fabrics which will suite to the skin and body.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of treatment for dry skin on legs: 18 solutions, hope that it can help you find out the best remedy to help cope with dry skin on legs fast without any side effect. All these solutions are very effective in treating dry skin. However these ways will take some times to treat dry skin on legs but their results are long lasting. If you have any question, or you know other way for dry skin, please leave them below.