Skin is the largest organ of your body. People with glowing and gorgeous skin are considered beautiful and attractive. Women and girls pour a lot of time taking care of their skin. They want to know Korean skin care, Asian skin care and China skin care to look for the best tips and techniques for their skin. Most Asian women own a beautiful skin because they have many skin care tips and secrets. If you want to know what they are, then you can read the article. In the framework of this writing, AllRemedies.com will introduce to you some Asian skin care tips and secrets. Continue reading this article to understand more!
Learn more: 21 Best Foods for Skin Health and Complexion
I. Know The Skin Type
Before you looking for the Asian skin care, it is important for you to understand your skin type. The skin care products, skin care routine, as well as skin care tips and secrets, should depend on the skin care type. Each individual has their own skin type that needs different special skin care. If you use wrong products, tips, and secrets, it can lead to some unwanted side effects or skin damage. If your want to use the right Asian skin care and have a glowing and gorgeous skin like Asian women, you should not have a lack of knowledge about skin types. There are five skin types you should know.
- Normal Skin Type: If the tissue does not show any oil, it means that you have normal skin. Normal skin needs only minimum skin care because it is the least problematic type. This skin type always looks elastic, vibrant, and supple even if you reach the advanced age. It looks healthy, clean, and smooth.
- Dry Skin Type: Like normal skin, dry skin type does not have any oil shown in the tissue if you wipe your skin. The skin looks clean. However, the dry face skin is prone to be dry, flaky, and tight. People with dry skin type always spend a lot of money on chemical-based skin care products or natural home remedies that claim to help moisturize the skin and prevent the aging signs such as wrinkles, fine lines, and aging spots. Dry skin easily becomes irritated if it gets exposed to weather change, chemicals or environmental factors. If you are young, it may look great. However, if you want to have glowing and flawless skin until the advanced age, you should pay attention to regular skin care routine, beauty treatments with moisturizers and natural masks.
- Oily Skin: When you use a tissue to wipe your skin, it will show some spots of facial oil on the surface. If you have oily skin, you have oil on your nose, cheeks, and forehead. Oily skin looks shiny and thick. Because of excessive oil production and large skin pores, the dirt, dead skin cells and impurities can be stuck in these skin pores. As a result, it can lead to acnes and pimples. If you have oily skin, you need to clean your skin carefully, limit the carbohydrate consumption, and use rich creams to improve the quality of oily skin and prevent oily skin related problems.
- Combination Skin: If you have the combination skin, the nose and forehead are oily while the cheeks are dry. Because combination skin has both dry and oily skin areas, it needs different skin care for each particular facial areas. Dry areas such as the cheeks and the skin around the eyes are required well-formulated moisturizers and rich creams. Oily skin areas such as your nose and your forehead need frequent cleaning. Like dry skin, you should limit carbohydrate consumption. Eating healthy can also improve the skin quality.
- Sensitive Skin Type: The sensitive skin type is the most problematic. This skin type is prone to be dry, tight, irritated and inflamed. Therefore, it is difficult to find a suitable skin care routine or skin care products. Sensitive skin has more risk of developing scaly and reddish areas, tingly and itchy skin areas and breaking spots. It is the most fragile, compared to other skin types that I mention above. In order to make this skin glowing, gorgeous and beautiful, you need special skin care. If you want to look for the right skin care products and proper skin care routine, you need to do a lot of research.
After you know your skin care type, you can look for the best skin care products, tips and secrets. If you want to know Asian skin care tips and secrets, you should continue reading to know more.
II- Asian Skin Care Routine
Asian skin care routine includes from sheet masks to essences. Asian skin care products dominate in the beauty market. Many people talk about the 10-step Asian skin care routine. However, it does not mean you need to do all 10 steps in the skin care routine. It is a misconception if you believe that doing 10 steps in skin care daily can give you a glowing and gorgeous skin. If you are a beginner who starts skin care routine, you just need do five necessary steps in skin care routine. And sensitive skin type needs fewer steps in skin care routine. Oily skin and dry skin need more steps. The skin care products need to depend on your skin types and concerns.
Do you want to know 10 step Asian skin care routine? If yes, please continue reading to know more.
1. Oil cleanser
Before using the cleanser, it is recommended using oil cleanser as the first step in Asian skin care routine to remove dirt, makeup and debris, pollution particles and sunscreen. Of course, there are many makeup removals you can use. However, experts said that oil cleanser can remove the dirt, makeup, and debris from your skin more effectively, compared to other removal products.
2. Foam cleanser
After using an oil cleanser, you should use foam cleanser. It is called double cleansing. After oil cleansing, you still have stuff left. Moreover, if the oil of oil cleanser is not be washed completely, it can lead to acnes, pimples as well as other skin problems. It applied to wet skin, the water-based cleanser can help to remove all the impurities such as dirt and sweat from the face skin. Although double cleansing is not integral step in the skin care routine, you should not skip that if you do not want to hinder the skin’s health.
Exfoliation can get rid of dead skin cells and clean out clogged skin pores. The accumulation of dead skin cells may lead to the dull and dark skin. Therefore, it is important to use exfoliators to shed off the dead skin cells from your skin if you want to make your skin bright and glowing. However, you should do not perform exfoliation daily because it can make the skin dry, sensitive, and thin. People who have the sensitive skin type should exfoliate their skin once a week while women with the tougher complexion should do exfoliation regularly (about two or three times a week).
After cleansing your skin, your face skin becomes more fragile and dry. Therefore, it required being applied toner. The toner plays the important role in regulating the PH levels of your skin. Moreover, it helps to make your skin absorb the following treatments easily and effectively. Toner is the important step in Asian skin care routine that you should not miss. There are a lot of toners in the market. You should read the ingredients listed on the label carefully to make sure that the skin care product is suitable for you. Because the consistency of toner is runny, you can use a cotton pad to apply the toner to your face skin. Alternatively, you can pour a little liquid into your palms and then apply it to your skin. The toner should be done twice daily in the morning and in the evening.
Find our more: 48 Solutions How to Lighten Skin Naturally at Home
Another step in Asian skin care routine is the essence. The essence is considered as the heart of Asian skin care routine. Essence is similar to boosters, serums or ampoules. But the consistency of essence is more watery, compared with the rest of those products. The essence should be applied after the toner. It is recommended applying essence in the morning and in the evening. However, some essences that have whitening and lightening purposes should be performed in the evening only. This is because these essences may make skin more sensitive to sunlight.
6. Serum, Ampoules Or Boosters Treatment
This step can be excluded because it is not necessary for everyone. However, some women find serum, ampoules or boosters treatments effective in treating pigmentation and brown spots. Moreover, if the redness is your major skin issue, the serum can give you a relief. Most serum looks like a gel. When you apply a smooth layer of the essence to your face skin, it does not cause any grease or stickiness. Many women who are interested in Asian skin care said that the serum step combined with moisturizer makes the skin smooth and glowing in the morning. But it is important to know that vitamin C serum should not be applied in the morning. People use vitamin C serum in the evening to lighten brown spots, pigmentation and improve the complexion.
There are a variety of masks that depend on your need and your concern. Experts recommended a hydrating mask that can help to supply the water and improve the skin health. However, you can choose a mask that has brightening purposes. Many women like using mask packed with vitamin C that is beneficial for lightening skin. The mask should be applied in the evening two or three times a week only.
8. Eye Cream
Eye cream should depend on your needs and your concerns. For example, some people want to use eye cream to prevent or remove fine lines while other people like eye creams that can lighten the dark circles around the eyes. When you look for eye cream, you should read the ingredients listed on the label carefully to make sure that this product does not have harmful chemicals. The skin around your eyes are thin and sensitive; therefore, it needs special care.
9. Face Cream
In Asian skin care routine, you should not ignore face cream step. It is the integral skin care step you should know if you want to have glowing and gorgeous skin. It is important to lock in the skin’s moisture. Hydration is important if you want to make your skin look young and supple at all ages.
Sunscreen is also an important step in Asian skin care you should not ignore. Apply sunscreen daily can protect your skin from sunlight and UV rays. Sunlight and UV rays may make skin darker and duller. Moreover, UV rays also increase the risk of skin cancer. Sunscreen is needed even if you do not go out. The sunlight and UV rays can be absorbed through the windows.
III. Top 11 Asian Skin Care Tips
Many Asian women not only apply skin treatments but also exercise their face skin. Stretching should not be ignored if you are looking for Asian skin care tips. Stretching is effective in tightening the skin of face and neck. There are many reasons that cause sagging skin on face and neck. They may be rapid weight loss, genetics or natural aging process.
It is recommended doing stretch daily to have tight and glowing skin. However, before doing stretching exercises, you should apply a small amount of moisturizer to your face
Here are some stretching exercises you can do at home.
Exercise 1: Forehead
- Keep the fingertips on your eyelids. Raise the eyebrows. It is recommended doing this exercise ten times. If you are familiar with this exercise, you can do without using the fingertips.
- Stare straight and then pull to keep your forehead tight. Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds and relax. Do it again.
- Pull your forehead back to keep it tight. Lift your eyebrows. Do this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 2: Eyes
- Close your eyelids. Raise your eyebrows.
- Face a mirror. Raise the muscles under your eyes. Hold this position for a few seconds
These stretching exercises for eyes may help to reduce fine lines and get rid of dark circle around the eyes. Moreover, it is also effective in alleviating bags. If you do these exercises for a long time, it can really work.
Exercise 3: Cheek
- Smile as widely as you can. Place your fingers on your cheekbones. Push down but you should make sure that you hold the grin.
- Face a mirror. This exercise uses only one side of the face. Smile widely on that side. Pull up the muscles of your cheek. Keep this position for 10 seconds. After taking a break, you should do the same steps on the other side of your face.
Exercise 4: Jawline
The jawline is prone to be saggy. You should do this to prevent the saggy skin around the jawline.
- Open your mouth. Pull the lower half of your face into a grin. Make sure that you use the jawline only. Repeat this exercise ten times. It is great if you can feel that the muscle is stretched back and forward. If performed daily for a long time, it can tighten the saggy skin.
Because it is a facial workout, you can perform it while watching TV or taking a coffee break at work.
Exercise 5: Neck And Double Chin
- Close the mouth and look up the ceiling. Make sure that you stretch as far as you can. Hold this position for a few seconds. Relax and then repeat it several times again.
Keep reading: Oil for Skin Care – Top 22 Natural Essential Oils
2. Avoid Smoking
In fact, smoking will cause cells to be lacked oxygen which leads to dull, sallow, tired-looking skin. Therefore, this will add to the already natural yellow or golden undertones of Asian skin.
3. Tissue Or Sheet Masks
Although tissue masks are not common in North America, they are very popular in Asian countries such as Japan, Korea, China, etc… All these masks are easy to apply: you just open, unfold one of them and apply it on your face. As you know, many of them contain anti-aging ingredients, which include the newest skin-care technologies, and there is a mask for every skin type. Besides, Garnier’s Dark Spot Treatment Tissue Mask is rich in vitamin C and hydrates your skin for 24 hours.
Matcha provides you with a rich source of antioxidants when you consume it. However, you can also apply it on your skin to make your skin brighter and help to treat acne. Nowadays, you can buy many skin products containing matcha or green tea instead of taking the homemade approach.
5. Face Mask With Kelp Or Seaweed
Kelp and seaweed are used in Japanese and Chinese cuisines due to their rich nutrients. In addition, they are also useful ingredients in traditional skin care treatments. In China, imperial courtesans used natural exfoliants to get rid of dead skin cells, and these ingredients were among their favorites. Furthermore, you can make a gel mask by mixing aloe vera gel and kelp or seaweed in a blender.
Although it sounds weird, this slapping is so common in Korea. In fact, Korean women really follow the way with diligence. They believe that this will stimulate blood flow as well as increase energy levels in their skin. Even now they still follow the same process and they agree it is the best way to apply the lotions and creams into the skin.
7. Fitness And Diet
As you know, fitness plays an important role in the well-being of the body. Therefore, all Asians have a carbohydrate-rich diet of wheat and rice. Besides, they also include vegetables and fish along with the meat. The combination of carbohydrates, fat, and proteins helps the body to function well and makes the skin more beautiful.
8. Sun Protection
Asian women often use a sunscreen foundation and if you want to get the best results, you have to follow this tip every day.
9. Stay Hydrated The Whole Day
Another tip of Asian skin care is to maintain hydrated during the day. Asian women usually use mild mist facial sprays over the face to keep it fresh.
10. Brighten Dark Spots On The Skin With Mint
Are you looking for a natural and gentle way to brighten dark spots on the skin caused by acne scars or sun damage? You can use mint leaves to deal with this problem.
- First of all, you grind the fresh leaves finely to make a paste.
- Then, you apply this paste onto your face.
- You leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with water.
- You should repeat this way daily to get the best results, but be careful if your skin is sensitive.
11. Using Rice Water To Cleanse Your Skin
This is an inexpensive way which has many useful ingredients found in some expensive skin-care products.
- First of all, you cook jasmine rice at your home.
- Then, you keep this rice water and you allow it to cool.
- After that, you use it to rinse your skin. This will make your skin softer.
IV. Top 9 Asian Skin Care Secrets
Tangerines are also known as Mandarin orange. Mandarins are widely grown fruit in Asia. It has a relationship with Rutaceae. Moreover, these fruits are originated in China’s forest. Mandarin’s shape looks like orange; however, its size is smaller. These fruits are harvested in the winter. But nowadays, with the development of preservation method, canned mandarins are available in the market throughout the year. You can eat mandarins raw or add them to your favorite salads. Studies found out that mandarins have a great source of vitamin C that can help to lighten the pigmentation, brown spots, and dark skin. Eating mandarins regularly can make the skin glowing and improve skin complexion. If used topically, the antioxidants of mandarins can help to protect your skin from UV rays and reduce the aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes.
Therefore, looking for the Asian skin care secrets, you should not ignore mandarin mask. This mask is suitable for all skin type. However, because of vitamin C content, it is recommended applying this mask in the evening two or three times a week. Moreover, it is important to know that you should avoid exposing to sunlight at least 8 hours after applying mandarins. Do you want to know how to make mandarin mask?
Here is the instruction:
- Peel a mandarin
- Squeeze the juice from a mandarin
- Use a cotton swab to soak in this juice
- Apply it to your face and neck
- Leave the mandarin juice on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Figs are considered as a healthy food but not many people know that figs are also an effective natural home remedy that Asian women have widely used to improve skin’s health and treat many skin problems. Figs have a variety of colors such as copper, purple or yellow-green. This seasonal fruit is loaded with nutrients and possesses delicious taste. Therefore, it is not surprising when figs are added in ice-creams, jams, and baked foods. Dried figs are available throughout the year. The nutrients present in figs include iron, calcium, vitamins, manganese and phosphorous.
Asian women like eating figs to prevent skin disorders. Figs can be used topically. Figs are effective in treating acnes, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, zits and cysts. This fruit also helps to cleanse skin. If used regularly, it can make your skin refresh.
In order to use figs to get glowing and gorgeous skin, you just need to massage your skin with dried figs gently for a few minutes. After that, rinse it off with lukewarm water. If you want to get a satisfactory result, you should repeat this treatment two or three times a week.
Peach is common fruit in Asian. Asian women also use this fruit in their skin care. Peach possesses many benefits for the skin. This fruit is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and chemicals. Moreover, studies found out that vitamin A in peach is beneficial in preventing cancer. If is used in the face mask, peach can make skin glowing and supple.
Peach has a great source of vitamin C that can help to remove blemishes and dark circles. Macronutrients of peach can prevent the aging signs. Moreover, it closes the large skin pores and tightens the tired skin.
Peach is also rich in protein; therefore, it can heal your skin. Moreover, because peach is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, and selenium that are beneficial in protecting the skin from UV rays.
Here are the ways you can use peach to improve skin’s health and make skin glowing.
- Squeeze the juice from a peach
- Soak a layer of cotton wool or gauze in this juice
- Apply this juice to your face skin for about 15 to 20 minutes
This treatment is suitable for normal or dry skin. If you want to have a great result, you should repeat this treatment two or three times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon of oatmeal with the juice from one peach and a little raw milk
- Stir it well until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your face skin for at least 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water
This treatment is suitable for oily skin that is thick and greasy. This peach mask is effective in purifying the skin and improving the skin tone.
Feijoa is also called as pineapple guava. It is delicious fruit that originates in South-America. However, this fruit is also included in Asia skin care. Because this fruit is loaded with nutrients, minerals and vitamins, eating pineapple guava can improve your health and make your skin glowing and gorgeous. Feijoa can be used topically as a face mask. Vitamin C in feijoa is a wonderful antioxidant that can not only lighten your skin tone but also remove the aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines. In addition to vitamin C, feijoa is also loaded with niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin K, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, manganese, and copper.
In order to make skin glowing and gorgeous, you apple use the flesh of this fruit to your face and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. It is a great idea if you combine the flesh of feijoa with other natural ingredients. For example, you can mix flesh of feijoa with yogurt and then apply the paste to your face. After 20 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
If you are interested in using feijoa to make skin glowing, feijoa should be applied two or three times a week until you get a satisfactory result.
Persimmon is delicious fruit with a golden yellow color, oval or round shape and smooth texture. This fruit is originated in East Asia. This sweet, delicious fruit is loaded with nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants; therefore, it has many health benefits. However, not many people know that persimmon is also included in Asian skin care secrets that I would like to introduce to you in this article. Persimmon is richer in fiber as well as mineral micronutrients, compared with apples. Moreover, persimmon is packed with antioxidants that play the important role in fighting against aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines. Persimmon possesses a lot of water, protein, ash, organic acids, carbohydrates, and tannins. This fruit is also packed with calcium, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin P, vitamin c, and iron.
Here are the ways you can use persimmon as one of Asian skin care secrets.
- Take the flesh of a ripe persimmon fruit and grind it until it becomes the paste
- Mix this paste with oatmeal
- Apply this paste to your skin
- Let this paste sit on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
This mask is beneficial for all skin types. If you want to have a glowing skin, you should repeat this treatment two or three times a week.
- Mix persimmon flesh with milk in equal quantities to create a smooth paste
- Apply this smooth paste to your skin
- Let it sit on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
In order to make your skin glowing and smooth, you should apply a suitable moisturizer to your skin. Persimmon with milk should be applied two or three times daily to get a good result.
Read more: A List of 38 Best Foods High in Fiber
6. Rose Water
Rose water is one of the best choices in traditional Asian skin care secrets that you should have at least one in the makeup kit. Rosewater is beneficial in maintaining the skin’s PH balance, treating acnes, moisturizing the skin, and healing scars. In fact, before applying your makeup, you can use rose water to make your skin smoother and whiter. You can spray from a rose water bottle or use a cotton ball to apply the rose water on the face. As you know, rose water can act as a toner that helps to refresh, soften, and brighten your skin. The effectiveness is so amazing, which you should try. The cost of a bottle of rose water is cheap enough for all people to afford.
When you are looking for traditional Asian skin care secrets, turmeric is excellent and wonderful. It is well-known as a wonderful homemade mask called Ubtan or Uptan that originate from Pakistani or Indian wedding. Many brides used it to apply on their face before their marriage. In the past, Asian women make a smooth paste from turmeric and apply it over their face skin in order to protect their skin from sunlight and UV rays. Asian women know for sure that turmeric application can make their skin look smooth and glowing. However, not many people know that turmeric has an active ingredient that contains antioxidant properties. Experts showed that antioxidant properties of active ingredient present in turmeric are beneficial in helping the skin fight against harmful environment influences. Turmeric mask can aid in reducing acne, dark spots, and blemishes thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, when we combine it with honey, the hydrating skin effects can be added. To make this mask, you will need:
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder –1/2 tablespoon
- Yogurt –1/2 cup
- Lemon juice –½ tablespoon
- A little honey
You will begin this process by mixing all the above ingredients until they become a smooth paste. Then, you apply this paste on your face and you leave it on for about 20 minutes. Finally, you rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Another recipe for Asian skin care secrets with turmeric is to use 2 tablespoons of each floor, turmeric, and milk, a little ground sandalwood, and a sufficient amount of rose water. Then, you can follow the above process to make a mask.
Lemon is loaded with nutrients. Asian people consider lemon as not only a healthy food but also an effective home remedy that can treat many skin disorders. Studies found out that lemon has many beauty benefits. In fact, lemon has many good effects of exfoliating and brightening skin. Moreover, lemon juice is effective in improving skin tone, reducing oil production, treating acnes, and removing pigmentation. Nowadays, lemon is used for beauty. Ancient Asian countries also saw the advantages of lemon and they considered it as a blackhead buster and natural brightener. Because lemon contains acid properties you should use lemon mask carefully. Moreover, you have to remember that if you use it excessively, it can harm your skin.
Here are the ways you can use lemon as Asian skin care secrets:
Method 1: Lemon juice for removing scars, blemishes and improving skin tone
- Wash your skin with cool water and
- Use a towel to pat it dry
- Rub a lemon rind over the skin gently
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
If you want to get a satisfactory result, you should repeat this treatment once or twice a week. Do not use it more than three times a week because it can make your skin thinner and more sensitive.
Method 2: Lemon juice for exfoliating skin and getting rid of the dead skin cells
- Beat an egg white
- Mix it with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Scrub this mixture to your face skin gently
- Let it sit on your skin for about 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
It is recommended applying a suitable moisturizer to your skin afterward in order to make your skin glowing and smooth. This treatment should be repeated once or twice a week for the best result.
Method 3: Lightening lemon mask
Lemon is effective in lightening your skin and improving your skin tone. Therefore, lemon can be used in natural lightening masks. It is also one of Asian skin care secrets. If you want to have fair skin like beautiful Asian women, you should do this:
- Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of powdered milk
- Apply this mixture to your skin
- Let it sit on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
You should apply a moisturizer to your skin afterward. Remember to repeat this treatment once or twice a week.
9. Castor Oil
If you are looking for home remedies that are used in Asian, skin care, you should not ignore castor oil. Castor oil is extracted from the seeds that grow in tropical regions. Castor oil has been existed for a long time and used for medicinal purposes. Castor oil possesses a lot of health benefits. Moreover, it is also beneficial for skin. Castor oil is considered as a good moisturizer for the skin in order to prevent any wrinkles. Because castor oil contains viscous properties, the oil can penetrate into the skin. Moreover, castor oil contains fatty acids that can help to nourish the skin. In addition, you can consume castor oil to have a healthy digestion because it contains antimicrobial ricinoleic acid and fatty acids.
Asian women use this way to nourish your skin and improve its complexion. If you want to know more, please keep reading.
- Put a teaspoon of castor oil in your palms
- Rub it to make the oil warm
- Apply it to your skin
- Massage your skin for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Because castor oil has a great moisturizing property, you do not need to use a suitable moisturizer afterward.
If you want to know more about skin care or other skin diseases and conditions go to our main Skin Care page. After reading the article of Asian skin care tips & secrets, hope that you can find out some good ways on how to take care of your skin. If you have any question, or you know other Asian skin care, please leave them below.